Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Denver Missions Team 1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:06pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]
PAN = Active | Fake SiN = Lyle Emmet | CAS Citizen

<<@Cruiser: You can leave the bike at my place. I have a secured parking spot.>>

Isinghar
Tony "Cruiser" Santa Cruz
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:06pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]
Cruiser; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Marcos del Campo | UCAS Citizen

Cruiser appears to relax slightly.

<< @Lyle[Cruiser]: Thanks Chummer. Sorry for the outburst.>>

"Ok, I'm ready to ride. Just one quick stop before we head out", he states as he walks towards his Thundercloud and gets ready to take off.
Thanee
Ghost; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Elayne Allister

<< @Lyle [Ghost] Yep, got mine this morning. Couldn't afford a car, and taking the bus to get around town was getting annoying. I wanted some more mobility than that. Now I only need some driving lessons. I'm still a little insecure on the bike, to be honest. >>
J. Packer

The trip to Lyle's bolt-hole and secure parking is uneventful, and you secure Cruiser's bike there.

Mounting up again, you head for the border. Fast talk saves the day and you manage to cross without any further "incentives" being paid out to the border guards.

Interestingly, as you head north in the Sioux sector, the land becomes more and more pastoral. Land that was obviously homes and businesses in the past have been left to grow wild again, with more ranches and the like interspersed throughout.

[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:32pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

The address you have from Tabby takes you to a place called the Horse Trot Ranch. And the name isn't a misnomer. The place has the smell of horses and clean hay as you park your bikes and car. Along a pathway, you can see an opening in a fence that leads to the ranch proper, and a sign indicating that it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Falcone Corporate Consultants.

As you head towards the ranch, a man comes out to meet you, waving his arm to draw you to him. Once you are close enough to speak without shouting, he introduces himself as Hafiz - he matches the photo you received.

"Come, my friends. Mr. Jaron, he will be speaking to you in the rear stables."

He turns and heads back into the stables. Your eyes adjust almost immediately to the slightly dimmer light inside. Hafiz moves over to stand behind the man you recognize from the file as Jaron Falcone. Falcone is seated in a stainless steel wheelchair. A sharply angled nose draws your attention to him immediately and despite, or perhaps because of, his disability, Jaron has a practiced air of confidence that seems to overcome his physical inability.

“Thank you all for coming. I apologize if I am short with you, but time is of the essence right now. A package dear to my business was forcefully removed from the ranch this morning. You job is going to be to retrieve said package and return it to me. If that sounds like your particular brand of vodka, I'm offering 35,000Y, five up front, thirty upon the return of the package."

He pauses to gauge your reactions.
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:32pm | Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

As usual, there are no real reactions. Ghost is hard to read.

"Greetings, sir!" she says in a friendly tone. "We will gladly offer our assistance in getting your valuable property back."

"Some more specifics would be good, though. Are there any traces to who might have took it? Pictures, a description, anything that would help locate the thief? Or do you suspect someone specific, maybe? Any enemies, that might have an interest in what was taken?"

<< [Ghost] Holy! He seriously wants that package back... >>
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:10pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

While his Pilot Program is driving the car up to their destination, Rick takes the oppertunity to do some research.

"Going VR. Cruiser, Pedro, you guys keep an eye out for trouble."

[ Spoiler ]

Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:32pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Rick does his best to hide the frustration in his eyes. <<Ghost, can we at least try to negotiate before we agree to anything?>>

Rick puts a hand on Ghost's shoulder, squeazing every so slightly, and steps forward. "What my associate means, is that while we do on occasion drink Vodka, we would require to know a bit more up front. Additionally, while 7000 each is a fine sum, there are many unknowns at this time. Potential upfront costs, time frame issues. You understand. The Friend of a Friend that has put us together only takes us so far."

He judges the information he got back doing his searching, vs the feel he gets from the old man. "At a bare minimum, I would like to see slightly elevated up front cost, and the potential for a bonus on the tail end."

[ Spoiler ]

J. Packer
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:10pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

The data search on Falcone comes back with indicators of his ownership of Falcone Corporate Consulting. He seems to work the fringes of the big Corps, like the little bird that rides on the elephant's back. The Horse Trot is a ranch where he brings in corp types to do networking, social climbing and conferences. With just the name Hafiz, and a tie back to Falcone, you see that he's an employee of Falcones, and a near constant companion.

Some shadowy sources tell you that Falcone used to be a fixer himself, but go out of the biz years ago. Back when he was in it, however, he was regarded as having a solid reputation with those he dealt with, and always as a straight shooter.

"Understandable, Mr. Emmet," says Falcone, his eyes showing that he's down to business in earnest, "but that is really not feasible for this operation. I am going to have to do some serious work recovering from the blow to my finances that 35,000 will cause, and don't have the kind of immediate resources available to increase the up-front investment."

He turns to address Ghost. "If it makes the decision any easier, I will say that the package in question is a man - a guest at this ranch - who was taken in the early hours of the morning today."

"There is the possibility of your being able to earn as much as an extra 5,000, but the terms would need to wait until such time as you've agreed to take on the job."
sabs
Rick Noland

"Do you have any indication that the man is still alive?" Rick looks over at the others.
<<What do you guys think? It's a lot of unknowns, but a good chunk of cash.. which I could rightly use.>>

"So you're offering 35,000 total, 6,000 of which up front, with the possibility of another 5000 at the end of the run?"

"What kind of time frame are we looking at? I assume you want this man back alive? What of who ever did this? Do you care?"

J. Packer

"Yes, we have every indication that he is still alive, and as he is one of my customers, he would need to be in good condition as well. I would need to have the entire issue resolved by 9am tomorrow. I'm offering five thousand up front, but otherwise your summary is correct."

He pushes his wheelchair a ways, then turns and pushes back, the motions of a man still not used to not being able to pace. "You'll have full access to every bit of information we have, should you agree to my terms."
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:32pm | Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

"To be honest, I cannot estimate what you are going to send us into at all. The payment does seem generous, but is it on par with the risks involved? I cannot answer that at this point. However, since we were told that you would offer appropriate payment for the job, and there is no reason to suspect otherwise, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm in!"
Faraday
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 2:10pm| Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]
PAN = Passive| SiN = Andre Bure | UCAS Citizen

Warden has been fairly quiet during the exchange between Lyle, Cruiser, and Ghost, he has no particular objections since he's actually on his real SIN and can cruise through the border without issues as long as he leaves Jessie home. When he hears that the job is in the Soiux sector, however, he decides he'll pick up Jessie on the drive over. It's not like the others need hand-holding. Pedro strikes him as... refreshing. Not sure what to think about the whole religious thing though...

[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 2:32pm|Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]
PAN = Passive| SiN = James Roland | UCAS Citizen

Warden makes it in about the same time as the rest of the gang, no problems on his own path this time. He heads in with them and, as usual, lets Lyle do the talking. No sense in wasting *his* talents.

Listening Lyle and the old man talk back and forth. He almost speaks up at the sound of getting a possible 6 thousand for success. Drek, this is starting to sound like Vintage Pwng. Let them have their fun, I ain't sayin' "no" to this one. Sounds practically like a milk run. By the time Ghost pitches in her lot, Warden's had enough waiting. "Yeah, I want in on this as well."
sabs
Rick Noland

Rick looks around at the team. "Then I think you've hired yourself a runner team."

In his mind's eye Rick brings up his note taking interface. "Now lets get down to the nitty gritty. Why don't you lay out the details for me and my team."

J. Packer

Falcone visibly relaxes as you agree to move forward with the job, and you see that he's in earnest about dealing with the situation.

"At nine this morning, we received a ransom note, saying that one of our customers had been kidnapped. They wanted 250,000 for his safe return, deposited in a numbered account in Zurich Orbital bank. As an additional bit of blackmail, if I don't come up with the ransom money by 9 tomorrow morning, not only will they kill the man, but they will spread it far and wide that I let a customer die rather than pay them. It'll ruin my business."

"The man's name is Jonathan Belenkiy."
He taps his comm and send you all a picture of the man. "He's a mid-level corporate exec with Ares - runs their R&D division that covers personal weapons and armor. We had no idea he was even missing until we got the note. Checking his room, it had been ransacked and the man was gone. We have video footage of a three person team - three women, either elves or human, all wearing tribal masks - breaking into the room just before five this morning. They're seen on the footage carrying him out, apparently unconscious. We've sealed the room, and will let you investigate it yourselves shortly. Also, around 8:30 this morning, a hacking attempt was made on our network - we suspect it was an attempt to eliminate the footage, but it wasn't successful." Another tap on his comm and he sends you each a copy of the video footage of the break in.

His face takes on a very hard demeanor. "I used to work the shadows, so I know - making money this was is just biz. But when you target a man's business, his livelihood, and his reputation, it's personal. You find out for me, for sure, who it is that's blackmailing me, and I'll throw in another thousand, each. But I'll need proof."

He gestures to Hafiz. "My assistant will take you to the room and let you in if you'd like to see what's going on, unless you have other questions?"
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:33pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

"Of course, That amount of blackmail would probably bankrupt you." Rick considers, "Do you have any corporate rivals, enemies, who would benefit from seeing the Horse Trot Ranch closed?"
J. Packer
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:35pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

He nods at your assertion regarding the ransom amount, and considers the question for a moment. "Not that I can think of, and I've been going over it in my head all morning. I left most of that behind in Seattle when I came here, and Falcone Corporate Consulting has always been entirely above-board."
sabs
Rick Noland

"Above board doesn't mean someone else won't stoop to bellow board tactics to remove you as competition. You do Team building, Corporate Executive relaxation, provide a private space for Corps from different Corporations to headhunt, and do some quiet cross-organizational meets. I would imagine there's potential for profit and information."

Rick thinks about it. "Yes, with recording devices in the right rooms. Someone could make a quiet killing in the information brokering business. It's another avenue to explore. I think we're ready to see the room, and get to work solving your problem."

Isinghar
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:32pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Cruiser listens intently to the conversation and silently watches the surveillance video that is sent to his commlink. He brrods for a moment then sends a text message to the team:

<< @Team[Cruiser]: Tribal Masks? An all female team wearing tribal masks should not be too difficult to track. Maybe Raven of the Koshari can shed some light as to the identity of these chicas, plus we have earned his goodwill. Ghost/Lyle you want to contact him and get him started on looking for any information on this team? >>
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:35pm | Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

"What kind of security measures do you have to stop such intrusions? Or in other words, what systems have they overcome in order to get in here unnoticed? It would give us an idea of how much planning was necessary to pull this off and whether they needed inside knowledge possibly from another of your clients, or even the very same one. You never know, some people are sneaky like this."

<< [Ghost] While it is worth a shot, those masks were obviously meant as a disguise, so the only hope would be, that it is some kind of trademark. It might also be a false lead. It's a bit too obvious for my taste. But you are right, we shouldn't waste time on this, so I guess we should contact him soon. It's a chance. >>
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:35pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

<<I'll contact Raven. Ghost, can you and the guys do a physical analysis of the room. See what we can find, and I'd appreciate if you could capture a current video of the room for analysis as well. >>

Rick is only paying partial attention as he begins to run a set of matrix and shadow searches on the victim, and any reference to a three woman runner team who wear tribal masks.

[ Spoiler ]

<<@Mark Longfeather:
Sir. This is Lyle Emmet, from earlier this week.
I am in need of a bit of information. I was wondering if you've ever heard of a Runner team made up of 3 women, wearing Tribal Masks?
Any assitance you could render would be most appreciated.

--Lyle Emmet
>>
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:35pm | Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

<< [Ghost] Roger that. You handle the virtual legwork, we will go and check out the room. >>

Once they are shown the room, Ghost will look around for clues, carefully trying not to disturb anything.
Isinghar
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:35pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Cruiser nods in Lyle's direction then gestures to Hafiz, "Please lead the way to the room. I would like to poke around for clues."

Once in the room Cruiser will carefully search the room, looking for anything that may have been left by the kidnappers or the executive.

[ Spoiler ]
Faraday
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 2:35pm|Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Warden ponders the options. He follows along with Cruiser into the room "looks like you pretty well know what you're doin' here. I'll work on the other end, we can split up the work a bit."

[ Spoiler ]
J. Packer
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 2:45pm|Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Hafiz explains the security as he leads you to the room. "We have rarely had trouble here. We have security, of course, who patrol the grounds periodically. The interlopers must have watched them and timed their attack for a time they would be on the other side of the ranch. We have cameras emplaced in various places, but the video is only outside the rooms. We see them arriving together, and leaving, one by one, one of them with Belenkiy over her shoulder."

He opens the door to the room. Trashed is an understatement. Drawers have been pulled out, clothing is everywhere and there's a lingering scent of patchouli. It looks like someone searched this place in a hurry. The mess continues into the bathroom where cabinets have been pulled open and Belenkiy's toiletry bag is spilled onto the counter.

What keeps your attention, however, is an obsidian knife thrust into the wall just above the bed.

You enter and begin to search the room. You immediately notice a pair of AR glasses on the bedside table, with a skinlink attachment along the strap at the back. Under the edge of the bed, you see a commlink that has been kicked under. Nearby, there's a gold watch, engraved to Belenkiy from a senior VP for his good work and breaking profit records the previous quarter.

In the bathroom, you see a sink full of cigarette butts - the source of the patchouli scent. On the same counter, you see a pill bottle - over the counter sleeping aides.

Ghost, looking at the bed after viewing the knife, notices something under the pillow. A feather, black, wrapped in a piece of leather.
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:45pm | Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

"We should have Lyle have a look at that commlink. I'm recording everything on video, with close-ups of the interesting parts, like this knife and this feather," Ghost says to the others.

She will send some pictures of these two items to Lyle immediately, since those might aid him in his searches.
J. Packer
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:47pm | Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Lyle's search comes back with a bounty of information on Belenkiy. A series of anonymous posts related to Ares indicate that Belenkiy is a rising star at Ares. His work pushed his staff to get the Mark IV flak jacket on the market six weeks ahead of schedule. He's apparently on the fast track for a senior VP position in the Denver office. Other reports indicate that he's managed to set of some red flags within the company, and the higher ups at Ares are looking to test his loyalty to the company given his stratospheric advancement.
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:47pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Rick takes the pictures of the two items, and does a data match on them. Trying to find out as much as he can.
[ Spoiler ]

<<Our Victim was on a fast rise with Ares. It's possible he pissed off a rival inside Ares, and this is a way of getting rid of him and blaming someone else.>>

Rick makes his way down to the room, and settles down in a chair to really get busy.

"Going Virtual." He says, taking the Commlink into his hands and beginning the process of hacking it.

[ Spoiler ]

J. Packer

Lyle's datasearch indicates that the knife is likely of Azzie origin, the obsidian in the blade indicating a cultural and geographic coefficient nearing 100%

The feather is from a crow. Otherwise, no significant information indicated online other than obvious associations with various native american mythology.

An initial analysis of the commlink shows that it's a stock Transys Avalon, running what looks to be a custom Ares operating system.

Dropping into VR, Lyle takes his first pass with the exploit program from his kit. As he approaches the node, the stylized warrior icon common to Ares iconography quickly interposes himself and his spear between Lyle's icon and the entrance to the colosseum. Trying a different weak spot, indicated by a different entrance to the arena, he gets into the doorway when a large iron portcullis drops ahead of him. Warriors call out an alert, and you hear marching men at doubletime inside the walls.

Stepping back, you see that the arena begins to crumble in on itself, like an earthquake has hit.

Popping back out of VR, you see the commlink blinking at you: "Security breach detected. Data purge initiated."
Faraday
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 2:47pm|Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Warden looks a little amused.

"Lemme guess, Glitch in your plan, there chummer?"
sabs
Rick Noland

"Yeah.. Ares Executive.. with a thing for Roman History looks like."

Rick shakes his head, and quickly looks over the commlink for a physical shutdown option, to hopefully stop the thing from deleting everything. "His commlink is well protected. The knife and Feather don't mean much.. other than the obvious. They're not known calling cards that I can tell."

Rick looks around the room and gets a thought. He drops back into vr, and begins to search the room for wireless signals, ruling out the commlinks of his team and looking for anything else. Cameras, drones, anything that might be in the room.

Isinghar
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:47pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

Cruiser will ask to see the feather and looks at it carefully, then taking a quick sniff. He smiles as it tickles his nose... "Padre, I know little of the magical arts, but in the Academy these sort of things always attracted the attention of the awakened detectives on the scene. You think it could be some sort of magic thingy?"

He looks hopefully at the new member of the team, and holds out the feather wrapped in leather for the Padre to take a closer look.

He then goes to the bathroom and looks at the cigarette butts and sleeping pills, Why would the guy be so nervous? Did he always smoke this much? He continues to look for clues as to the mental health of the victim...

J. Packer
Padre

"Yes," the soft-spoken cleric agrees, "a physical link can be very useful in ritual magic. Unfortunately, we lack the time for such measures, and I lack the skill with them. My focus lies elsewhere."

He continues to look around the room. "There's little in the way of magical activity here. I don't see any residual traces that I would expect were I in the presence of magic, even magic that happened hours before."
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:48pm | Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

<< [Ghost] So, what should we do next? We have several items that might tell us something about the kidnappers, the masks, the knife and feather, and we know they were all female, but nothing solid yet. We also know, that Belenkiy had quite a career with Ares, and it seems that the victim was rather nervous, given the pills and the plethora of cigarettes with that weird smell. Was he expecting that something would happen here maybe? But how do we continue here? I'm a bit lost, to be honest. What could we do now? >>
sabs
Pan=Passive | Fake SiN=Lyle Emmet | CAS Citizen

<<I've reached out to some contacts about the runners. You say he was smoking alot? What kind of cigarettes? We're sure it's him who was smoking, and not anyone else? I have some suspicions, but we need more colloborative information.>>

Rick will do a datasearch on the cigarettes, where to get them, how much they cost.
[ Spoiler ]

Thanee

<< [Ghost] You mean he might have had visitors? That seems rather unlikely, considering there are cameras here that monitor the house. We would know about that by now, or not? Either way, we can hardly find out who has been smoking there, but there sure are a lot of cigarette butts here... makes you wonder, why he kept them around? Maybe he liked that smell so much... >>

Ghost heads over to Hafiz and asks him some questions.

"Mr Hafiz, do you know about any visitors for Mr Belenkiy during his stay here? Especially yesterday, of course. Also, did he smoke a lot? And did he appear especially nervous to you?"
sabs
Pan=Passive | Fake SiN=Lyle Emmet | CAS Citizen

<<Well I ment more. An executive with a super fast career track, goes to a resort. He's in his room, chain smoking cigarettes? Popping sleeping pills. When he could be out riding horses, getting massages, probably with a very discreet happy ending if he so wants. Just, doesn't jive. >>

Rick considers, before bringin up the next point.

<<We had stories about that kind of stuff in my old life. Executives who got recruited out from under the Corporation.>>
Von
Padre
Pan=Passive | Fake SiN=Juan Gonzales

Pedro mulls over the incoming info from the other team members before he taps out a message on his commlink.

<<[Padre] These female runners were wearing tribal masks. Considering our location, I cannot rule out the possibility that these runners may have an affiliation with the namesake of this sector. Is there a place where Sioux congregate near here? Sioux runners perhaps? There may be information to be had there. >>
J. Packer

A quick look at the cigarettes indicates that they're of the hand-rolled variety. No filters, just a nub of cigarette butt at the end.

Hafiz confirms your take on visitors "No, Mr. Belenkiy had no visitors - prior to five this morning at any rate."
Faraday
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 2:48pm|Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

<<[Warden]Y'know, you might be on to something, Padre. That kind of makes a lot of sense. I'm sure Raven would know where to find some Nativr culture.
Von
Pedro
PAN = Passive| Fake SiN = Juan Gonzales

<< [Pedro] Good idea, my friend. Since I have not personally earned Mr. Longfeather's respect, I would not be comfortable contacting him for such information. Warden, if you could contact him I would be very grateful. >>
Faraday
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 2:48pm|Horse Trot Range, Denver, Sioux Sector]

<<[Warden]Not to be the delegator, but probably Lyle should send that message.
Thanee

<< [Ghost] I thought Lyle was doing that already... >>

"Thanks, Mr. Hafiz. Another question just comes to mind. Who has booked Mr. Belenkiys stay on your ranch? And who is paying for it. Is it a business or private account?"
J. Packer

"Ah, yes," says Hafiz as he consults his 'link. "An administrative assistant at Ares set up the reservations for Mr. Belenkiy. A Miss Rosenbaum."

Lyle's comm beeps with an incoming message.

<<[Longfeather]@Lyle: Mr. Emmet, so good to hear from you again. As you are well aware, a significant portion of the Front Range Free Zone is under NAN control. There are dozens of groups that might fall under that category. That said, I am only aware of one group that is all female - a band called the Black Cats. They work out of a place called the Hardpan - a bar in the Sioux sector. Ask for Sandy, she should be able to put you in touch with them. But I warn you, they are touchy - a bond exists between them that they will not break. Do not speak hastily to them - they have abandoned jobs when the Johnson insulted one of the team.>>
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:48pm | Horse Trot Ranch, Denver, Sioux Sector]

<<@Longfeather: Mr Longfeather, I figured that there would be many groups with a similar MO. I am grateful for the information, and thank you. If there's anything I can do to return the favor, do let me know. I had suspicions that an all female group would narrow down the possibilities, but you find me surprised to hear it narrows it down so well. Thank you very much. >>

The information about the Black Cats gets put into Rick's little personnel database.

Rick gets a big old smile on his face, <<[Lyle]@gang: Bingo. We have a possible lead on our Runner team: The Black Cats, working out of a bar called the Hardpan. They're even Sioux Locals. Even have a line on a fixer for them. But, they're super touchy. We'll want to talk to approach them with kid gloves.>>

Rick really is doing a lot of Matrix Data Mining today, as he gathers up info on Miss Rosenbaum.

<<I have an idea, I'm tempted to call Miss Rosenbaum. See if she's at work or not.>>

[ Spoiler ]

Von
Fr. Pedro Medina
Pan = Passive | Fake SiN = Juan Gonzales

<< [Pedro] How about we gather at the bar? I suggest we go in peace, perhaps leaving our weapons in Lyle's car, as this may help foster cooperation and trust on the part of whomever may have information that may lead us to the Black Cats. Does anyone of our group know how we may get to the Hardpan? >>
J. Packer

A quick search of the Ares public comm list indicates that an Abigail Rosenbaum works in Human Resources in the Denver office.
sabs
Rick Noland

<<I think it's a good idea to go talk to them. But definitely want to do it nice and gentle. And I would like to have a bit more information before we do that.>>

Rick reaches out to a Matrix Service Provider, and picks up a one time Comm Code, good for 24 hours. Registered to one Ernest Peabody. Additionally, he edits his Commlink's AccessID.

Calling Ares Human Resources. <<[Ernest Peabody] Yes, this is Ernest, can I please speak to Abigail?>>

[ Spoiler ]

J. Packer

Lyle spends 15Y on a one-time use ID and sets it up without much difficulty.

The woman on the other end of the line when you make the call transfers you with practiced efficiency and the voice of an older woman comes on the line.

<<This is Abigail. How can I help you?>>
Thanee

<< [Ghost] Lyle, don't say anything that might get that Rosenbaum lady concerned... Ares does not know about his disappearance, yet, I guess.

@Pedro: I would think as a first step, some of us could go into that bar just to take a look around and get some video input from the girls. I have a very discreet camera for that purpose. Then we could compare those to the video from here to see if they could be the ones that did this. >>

sabs
Rick Noland

Falling into a nice think Texan accent.

<<Yes, Abigail, Honey. This is Ernest Peabody from "Travelocity™" We're doing a special promotion for valued customers. We're offering double mileage points, for business class travel booked through us. As a valued customer, I wanted to personally contact you about this great offer. We also, have a reward program specifically designed for Admistrative Executives, such as yourself, where you earn points, personally, for any Executive Travel booked through our Agency.>>

Rick smiles to himself. Cold sales calls were a specialty.

Von
Fr. Pedro Medina
Pan = Passive | Fake SiN = Juan Gonzales

<< [Pedro] If our possibilities have been narrowed down to the point where we know for certain that the runners are an all-female group, and we know where they might work out of, why not go to the source and see for ourselves? I don't see how their height is of much relevance to our mission, especially since Mr. Longfeather's information appears to give the most direct link to a group who may have conducted the kidnapping. Also, I am uncertain as to whether or not it would be wise for us to split up, as they appear to be experienced runners and it would be best to outnumber them in case a firefight erupts. >>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012