Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building Up To Code
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 11 2011, 01:25 PM) *
Sorry, why no smartthings?

I thought they didn't work with dual wielding - which is why I need the dice pool to be so high in the first place, so I can dual wield at 14 dice/14 dice.
Yerameyahu
Ah, I figured it was something obvious. smile.gif Sorry.
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 11 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Ah, I figured it was something obvious. smile.gif Sorry.

It's no problem smile.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Jan 11 2011, 10:20 PM) *
I'm still having trouble getting my Automatics and Clubs skills high enough. Since I can't use smartguns and smartlinks, I lose out on some dice, and I'm still not familiar enough with the system to know what other tricks I might use.

You wanting to be infected is making this very hard, on a non infected character i can get the 24 dice easy piecy, on a banshee closest i can get you is the following:
Grap Level 2 surge and take metagenetic optimization agility and exceptional attribute agility -> Agility 9
Both skills as 5
be adept and grap level 2 improved ability for both skills
= 16 dice
Convince the whole team to get rating 2 tacnet
=18 dice
Get a weekly treatment of Oxygenated Fluorocarbons for +1 to agility
=19 dice
then if your GM allows stacking of drug benefits you can take doze of kamikaze before the fight starts for one more +1 to agility
=20 dice/2 = 10 dice

Add specializations
=12 dice per pool

You can load your machine pistols with tracers to get +1 to short bursts and +2 to long burst, if you have enought RC in those guns you get a boost to dice pool
= 13 dice for short burst and 14 dice to long bursts per pool

You can mod your clubs to have personalised grips giving +1 dice
=13 dice per pool for clubs.

Holy crap, we actually did almost get to our goal biggrin.gif
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jan 11 2011, 03:24 PM) *
You wanting to be infected is making this very hard, on a non infected character i can get the 24 dice easy piecy, on a banshee closest i can get you is the following:
Grap Level 2 surge and take metagenetic optimization agility and exceptional attribute agility -> Agility 9
Both skills as 5
be adept and grap level 2 improved ability for both skills
= 16 dice
=18 dice
Get a weekly treatment of Oxygenated Fluorocarbons for +1 to agility
=19 dice
then if your GM allows stacking of drug benefits you can take doze of kamikaze before the fight starts for one more +1 to agility
=20 dice/2 = 10 dice

Add specializations
=12 dice per pool

You can load your machine pistols with tracers to get +1 to short bursts and +2 to long burst, if you have enought RC in those guns you get a boost to dice pool
= 13 dice for short burst and 14 dice to long bursts per pool

You can mod your clubs to have personalised grips giving +1 dice
=13 dice per pool for clubs.

Holy crap, we actually did almost get to our goal biggrin.gif

Awesome. Why does being infected make this hard? I might not have to be - the GM is trying to take the game in a less pink mohawk direction, so the stricture that I must be a werewolf may no longer be enforced.
Mäx
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Jan 12 2011, 12:31 AM) *
Awesome. Why does being infected make this hard

Becouse all the ones worth considering have regenation power, witch means they can only accept deltaware implants.
If you dont have to be infected then this is much easier:
Surged elf adept with
Agility 8(13)(Metagenetic Improvement (Agility) + Genetic Optimization (Agility)+ Muscle Toner 4 + Suprathyroid Gland) this takes 2 restricted gear qualities for the last 2 on the list
Both skills as 5
level 2 improved ability for both skills
=20 dice
=22 dice / 2 is 11 dice per pool
specs for both skills
=13 dice per pool

The same tricks from the end of the last post get you to 14 dice per pool as long as your not firing single shot from the machine pistols.
As you see this one had a couple of steps less and no need for drugs.
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jan 11 2011, 03:44 PM) *
As you see this one had a couple of steps less and no need for drugs.

Which is partly why I prefer it - more elegant, and much less chance of addiction.

Edit: Ok, so I may not be able to play an Adept. Is there a way to do this without the Improved Ability?
InfinityzeN
If you drop the Genetic Optimization (Agility) and take Exceptional Agility, you have the potential to eventually get a 10(15) agility. If you look in the 800BP thread, I actually made an elf like that who threw 22 dice with every class of firearm just from Agility + Skill. Adding in Tacnet, Smartgun, and Specialization he was throwing 28 dice with a single weapon. On his MG he had a laser sight and tracers (can't combine tracers with smartlink) he had 27 dice at short range and 28~30 dice past that.
Mäx
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 12 2011, 01:30 AM) *
If you drop the Genetic Optimization (Agility) and take Exceptional Agility, you have the potential to eventually get a 10(15) agility.

Thats more agility in long term, but it's much worse in the terms of out-of chargen power* and as the OP can't go over 14 dice per pool he has no use for getting agility that high eventually.

*As the Muscle Toner needs to be dropped to rating 2 and Suprathyroid Gland needs to be ditched completely.
InfinityzeN
Actually since he has only used 30 points of merits, he can still take the Muscle Toner 4 or the Suprathyroid Gland
Mäx
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 12 2011, 02:58 AM) *
Actually since he has only used 30 points of merits, he can still take the Muscle Toner 4 or the Suprathyroid Gland

Nope.
Adept 5 + Surge 2 10 + exceptional atribute 20 = 35
Seth
Here is my first go. Actually a few die pools get up to 15, but they could easily be reduced smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Die pools

Perception: Int 3 + skill 4 + quality 1 + coprocessor 3 + enh 3 = 14
Dodge ranged: Reactions 9 + Reakt 2 = 11

Blade: Arm agility 9 + skill 4 = 13
Parrying: Reactions 9 + Reakt 2 + Blade 4 = 15

Pistol: Arm agility 9 + skill 4 + smart link 2 = 15
Social: Charisma 3 + Pher 3 + Influence 4 + Empathy 5 = 15
Stealth: Agility 4 + Skill 4 = 8
Athletics: Agility 4 + SKill 1 + Synthi 3 = 8
Pilot: Reactions 9 + skill 1 + handling... = 10 ish
Biotech: Logic 3 + PuShEd 1 + Skill 1 + Medikit 6 = 11
Hacking: Program 3 + skill 4 + PuShEd 1 = 8. hot sim 10
Exploit: Program 5 + skill 4 + PuShEd 1 = 10. hot sim 12.
Legal progs: program 5 + skill 4 + PuShEd 1 = 10. hot sim 12.

I suspect with a bit of tweaking I could get the agility up a couple of points (a point taken off charisma, blades and pistols gets close) this would move stealth and athletics to 10.
WhiskeyJohnny
Cool - though it goes in a different direction than I planned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012