Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Robin Hood / V for Vengeance are toxic mages
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
V-Origin
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Jan 6 2011, 05:06 PM) *
So, I suppose you have house-ruled a toxic mentor that does exactly that, right? Kill only megacorp employee and keep innocent people alive...
I call shenanigans on that.

You want quotes from books? Ok, I'll give some:

Doom > wish to bring about the end of the world by any means possible (and no, it is not the end of the "world" as society, but the world world, as in Armageddon and Apocalypse).

Mutation > evolve or die. It doesn't fit the point of view of your toxic shaman anyway.

Pestilent Rat > spread disease everywhere.

Pollution > spread the taint.

Rabid dog > it actually is the closer to your PoV (destruction of those he deems unworthy), but the sentence just before that tell us that loyalty and devotion are antithesis of Rabid Dog's beliefs. What does that mean? It means such a Mentor is completely unreliable and one day might tell the toxic mage that Shiawase employee are evil and must be killed and next week say that red headed step children are evil (just to clarify, I have nothing against red headed step children, I for one, think red chicks are hot)

And last, but not least:

RADIATION

CLEANSING COSMIC FIRE AND ENTHROPY INCARNATE, nuff said.

Toxic mentor spirits are handled as normal
mentor spirits (p. 192, SR4). They come in many different
shapes and forms.

nuff said
Brazilian_Shinobi
OMG, of course they are handled as normal mentor spirits, because that's what they are. Mentor Spirits!!! With the difference that they are toxic, and so can only be chosen by toxic magicians.

So, ok, I'll throw you another bone: Toxic magicians that previously had a mentor spirit are often drawn to mentors that pervert or caricature their original affiliation.

Give me one natural mentor spirit that after being perverted would fit into your PoV.
Hint: don't say Adversary, otherwise a Toxic Adversary would be a mentor spirit who wishes to keep the status quo.
Yerameyahu
Just to avoid letting it slip past: you do not have a 'budding mega'. smile.gif For roughly the same reason you don't have toxics: not available to players. And I thought megacorps were evil and fair game for murder? biggrin.gif
Brazilian_Shinobi
I give up. He clearly wants a group who follows the adversary, but for some reason, he also wants the metamagics that follow it.
The problem is. None of the techniques would make sense for his PoV, so again, I ask, what's the point?
Grinder
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Jan 5 2011, 08:18 PM) *
To take it a step further, I'm guessing most of you don't remember some of Patty's other topics. I'm still thoroughly convinced that all y'alls are gettin' trolled. But for laughs, go check out the thread about spirits possessing drones. I think that was the other laughable one.

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 5 2011, 08:22 PM) *
We do know that, X-Kalibur. I'm positive that KarmaInferno and I, and most of the others, were there for all of them. smile.gif There's not much else happening here at the moment, though. biggrin.gif It's fun to step on bugs.

And "y'all" is already plural! That's the possessive. nyahnyah.gif

Both postings are very close to be a violation of our TOS. Keep that in mind and try to keep it civil.
Grinder
This thread is going nowhere. Opinions have been exchanged and it seems that side is likely to read the arguments of the other. Thread closed before it gets ugly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012