Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Street Samurai Catalog
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Smiley
Free BLOOD Toxic Drop Possum spirits with HMHVV. And lasers.
John Campbell
The cover for SSG was kinda crap, but it made up for it with the interior art. There's a lot of good stuff in there.
Kagetenshi
I was primarily (ok, entirely) referring to the cover, which I dislike with a fair amount of intensity. Contrast with the simplicity of the Seattle and Denver covers, or the Renraku Arcology: Shutdown, Underworld, or Queen Euphoria covers.

~J
Capt. Dave
Of course, compared to my artistic skills, every bit of art in every sourcebook is Michelangelan in quality. (yes, even the guy on the cover of SSC. My version would look like a stick guy with a stick gun.)
Smiley
I seen them stick guys and i'd take a lot of those over some of the crappy art i've seen.
Capt. Dave
Speaking of the New Seattle cover, where the frag can I get a hovercar?
Smiley
What kind of power plant is that thing using? It looks like down-pointing ceiling fans.
Capt. Dave
I guess you could build one with vectored thrust...on a sedan chassis?
Maybe a small, open canopy T-Bird.
Hmm. Time to pull out Rigger 3.
Smiley
Forget Rigger 3, pull out Year of the Comet and find me one of those catwomen.
Capt. Dave
I see we're back on the subject of artwork...heh heh
Smiley
Oh yes, those women ARE works of art.
Stumps
Perhaps they are smarter than we thought.

They could make a flying car for us.
Or...
They could make a cover with one in the picture knowing that the players would suddenly go grab R3 and try to make one.
Then, they could hop on a forum and find the specs of one of these player created flying cars and nab the general spec for 4th ed. grinbig.gif
A Clockwork Lime
New Seattle Cover Vehicle: Large UAV Drone, modified into a vehicle, with an Electric Fuel Cell power plant. It has more than enough Cargo Space and Load to handle multiple passenger seats and manual controls.
Shockwave_IIc
Is it not the Tilt-wing- Ares TR-55 class (the C version)?

I think that what the artist said it was....
Mensche
Grifter....I know you'll be reading this cuz it's your thread....sooo...
a)this is my fourth post on here....my life is not centered around dumpshock. I saw your thread, read it, was disgusted at the fact you hate my all time favourite piece of SR art, and replied. you probably have close to fifty posts on this god-forsaken forum. no im not religous.
b)clearly close minded? wtf? how do you deduce that? you have no friggin idea who I am. you could be talking to the one of the line developers of shadowrun who gets offened when people diss anything related to shadowrun, even its art.
c)I take pleasure in the fact that one day I'll be a rotting corpse in the ground, and all this dumpshock nonsense will be behind me.
Crimson Jack
Larry McDougall's piece on pg. 97 of MitS is pretty cool. I like his work in general anyhow. Sometimes it seems a little bleaker than what I picture the world of Shadowrun as looking like, but it ups the fantasy angle quite a bit.
Stumps
...this god-forsaken forum

question.gif

what the hell did we do to this guy in his 4 total posts?
Siege
QUOTE (Stumps)
...this god-forsaken forum

question.gif

what the hell did we do to this guy in his 4 total posts?

I dunno, but I think it's a record. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Raptor1033
yeah, i didn't get bitter and resentful until at least my tenth post grinbig.gif
Pistons
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
It also gave us a look at some things we rarely get to see, like a female ork (p. 89).

That picture's my favorite. You have no idea how thrilled I was to see Fatima rendered in a drawing. That picture rocks my socks.

Damp down the flamey bits, guys. Nice to see you again, The Grifter -- just keep it chill, 'kay? Flame the picture to ash if you like, just lay off your fellow posters. Everyone else, ditto. This is your one free warning.
Drain Brain
I'm still not bitter. Or twisted. In fact, I'm just a big fat version of the SR3 Drone rigger, and I see y'all as my drones. FLY MY PRETTIES!!!! wink.gif

Nah, maybe not. Highlight of my day, this - checking out the new funniness on DS! Live long the Flamewar! Muahahahahahahaha!

I feel funny... not enough coffee... getting weird...
ShadowPhoenix
I'm not bitter either, I've just learned what is good to post and what is terrible to post here nyahnyah.gif Everyone here is pretty reasonable(with few exceptions) and as long as I stay reasonable, everyone is generally happy biggrin.gif We're all weird, and we all like Shadowrun, hence why we're here. I agree with Pistons(how can you not agree with Pistons? see how long you can do that without getting booted nyahnyah.gif j/k admins nyahnyah.gif ) that you can blast the pic to bitty bits, just don't slam people making good comments about the pic. Anyway, Everyone stay cool, as this is my favorite place to hang while I'm doing phone work all day, getting maybe 8-12 calls in a 7.5 hour work day lasting 4 minutes average. biggrin.gif gives me plenty of time to be here.
Capt. Dave
I just have to say, I really wish I'd found this place earlier. I joined up 3 days ago, and I have already gleaned quite a lot of info and ideas. I like the people here (with no exceptions so far), and it's a fun place to hang out and talk about SR.
Thanks to all you guys. (Especially you, Austere Emancipator, who put me in my proper place after one of my first posts.) smile.gif
Austere Emancipator
Yeah well, I was bitter and resentful well before I knew even knew about DS. wink.gif
BIG BAD BEESTE
Hmmm, I think i recall a female ork piccy back in 1st Ed somewhere. But then there were a lot of really atmospheric gritty street level piccies there too. My favourite is the unarmed combat engrossed one of the burnt-out mage near the GM section. Think it was a Bradstreet, a pity there's not a lot more of his stuff gracing the later products. Then again White Wolf's WoD seems to be his niche - what a load of character that guy manages to fit into those black and white sketches.

Personally I'm really against the cartoony style off artwork - its not realistic enough for me to bring over the dark and dangerous aspect of running in the Sixth World. Noted that there has been several good pieces of artwork amongst them, and especially a few more with humourous angles portrayed, its just not my preferance that's all. A classic example would be the original matahuman sketches in 1st Ed compared to the cartoony ones in 2nd & 3rd. You could almost believe they are goblinised from human genestock - that's what I like about them. Plus they're drawn with attention to proportion and perspective.
The Grifter
Menshe-

A) I don't care.

B) Well, you're NOT, so NOBODY cares.

C) Hopefully sooner than later.

Pistons- Meh...you're right. I'm cool, man. Sub-zero, even.

Well, if I touched someone's nerves, I'm sorry. Don't take that for granted. I don't apologize often.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Grifter OUT
Drain Brain
Jesus, man, that's too much.

Even I can't find a way to bring levity to that.

You're wacked in the head.
Smiley
Notice he said Grifter OUT after the "end transmission."
Smiley
Wait a second... "Grifter OUT?"

How much does this guy LOVE himself? When you refer to yourself in the third person, something is wrong.

Smiley OUT
Stumps
*I DELETED this post with regard to policy*
Smiley
QUOTE (Stumps)
If you are out, then you can't be in. And if you're not in, then you can't be cool. If you're not cool, then you can't be sub-zero. If you can't be sub-zero, then what's the point of playing Mortal Combat? Dork! grinbig.gif

Yeah... almost peed my pants on that one.
But the logic is air tight.
Raptor1033
yeah, that was pretty good stumps biggrin.gif
Stumps
*Bows*
Thank you grinbig.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Smiley)
Wait a second... "Grifter OUT?"

How much does this guy LOVE himself? When you refer to yourself in the third person, something is wrong.

Smiley OUT

Much as I love the art of slagging, this is exactly the sort of thing Pistons was talking about.

~J
Stumps
*I DELETED this post with regard to policy*
Stumps
P.S.
Grifter, I have actually no beef with you what-so-ever.
I'm simply joking.

I'd like to make that perfectly clear.

And Pistons is right about the flaming *looks at above post by self* hehe grinbig.gif
It just also happens to be a real funny medium when you aren't serious. silly.gif
BIG BAD BEESTE
Right guys, Time OUT!

It might be a little joke, but the above posts are definately not what Dumpshock wants to see. Play nice and keep the flaming offline, no matter how much the desire strikes you to reply in kind.

Grifter, you aked for people to comment on the topic you posted so expect a few answers you're not going to like. This is what the boards are for - expressing opinions without insulting or antagonising the other users. You've a valid right to state yours, so allow others to state theirs too. True, they might have taken your wording the wrong way, but try to refrain from stiring things up with further antagonistic posts.

Right that's enough from me - point clear Terms? Good, now on with the scheduled programming...
Stumps
*click-click* deleted. Ah, the edit button.
Capt. Dave
QUOTE (BIG BAD BEESTE)
Good, now on with the scheduled programming...

Today in weather we have a cold front moving in, a welcome change from the heat wave we had earlier. Highs in the low 50s, partly cloudy.
Now for Bob in sports...
Smiley
QUOTE (Capt. Dave)
QUOTE (BIG BAD BEESTE @ Mar 26 2004, 06:05 AM)

Today in weather we have a cold front moving in, a welcome change from the heat wave we had earlier. Highs in the low 50s, partly cloudy.
Now for Bob in sports...

Thanks, Chip. Heartbreak for the Ultimate Fighting league today as a combatant's hidden cortex bomb detonated taking out a secion of the stands...
Dashifen
QUOTE (Smiley)
QUOTE (Capt. Dave @ Mar 26 2004, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (BIG BAD BEESTE @ Mar 26 2004, 06:05 AM)

Now for Bob in sports...

Thanks, Chip. Heartbreak for the Ultimate Fighting league today as a combatant's hidden cortex bomb detonated taking out a secion of the stands...

:LOL:
BIG BAD BEESTE
Weather before sports? My, my, don't you colonials do things differently across the pond...
shadd4d
Cool Art: Deutschland in den Schatten 2, which is the fight between Lofwyr and Nachtmacher. Cybertechnology, Shadowtech, VR 2.0. Probably my favorite artist is Niel Bergting, who did a lot for Corporate Sec, Aztlan, VR 2.0, Cybertechnology, Awakenings, Bug City.

Poor Art: Rigger 2, Fields of Fire, Neo-Anarachist Guide to Real life (especially the Elf getting eltrocuted while he date stares on the last page), M&M, Grimoire, SR3 (Liked the original and miss the cowskull).

Don
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (BIG BAD BEESTE @ Mar 30 2004, 08:39 AM)
Weather before sports? My, my, don't you colonials do things differently across the pond...

Yeah, but to quote a local tv news commercial here: "Weather IS the news." And, naturally, the news comes first.
BIG BAD BEESTE
Touche mon Crimsondude. Touche!
The Dead Man
Has anyone noticed that characters in SR art seem to love wearing badges? Its especially noticeable in pre-SR3 sourcebooks!
Arethusa
I'm sorry, but after I saw Rocket Horse in the Aztlan sourcebook, I stopped paying attention to the art in any of the books. Almost all of the art is a cruel joke played on those silly enough to take it seriously. Mend thy ways.
Rev
I was flipping through "Cannon Companion" yesterday... what is with the troll wearing the diaper on the cover! eek.gif
Kagetenshi
If I were going up against something I needed that gun for, I'd make sure I was ready for "accidents" too.

~J
Drain Brain
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
If I were going up against something I needed that gun for, I'd make sure I was ready for "accidents" too.

~J

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012