Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Street Samurai Catalog
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
LaughingTiger
Shadowrun art is GORGEOUS compared to what was in some of the early Battletech books. Same company HORRID art. Disgusting! Anything is better that what was in the first version of CityTech
Aesir
Wow. Some posters certainly proved themselves to be assholes in this thread.

By the way. I like the picture. Having said that, I donīt think itīs necesary for me to discuss the matter further. Lets just say I agree with others of the same opinion on this thread.
Sahandrian
QUOTE (TechnoDruid)
I'd have to agree, New Seattle Source Book's cover is lame. What the hell is that car/hover/aircraft thing supposed to be, anyhow? <irritated> Never fails, whenever I'm browsing my books, and I stumble on it, I get a twinge of annoyance.

That's an aircar. A few actually exist today, and aside from the open seats, that's almost exactly how they're designed.

My favorite single piece of art is the SR3 Face. The Tech-Wiz and troll Combat Mage were pretty good too, but the rat shaman just scares me. The single worst ork female to appear in the game's art. I never liked Prescott, though...

And, if the style of the game art was up to me, it'd be something like this.

I wonder how many views I just got RG with that...
Arethusa
She's good, though that drawing is at least not in a general style that I feel suits Shadowrun's grit.
shadd4d
I have just recently seen the absolute worst art for Shadowrun. It's a classic case of great material, crappy art. If you ever have a chance (slim, but possible), check out the original Germany sourcebook in German (Deutschland in den Schatten). The art is...flat out bad. Sorry, Eismann, MY$TIC, TW, and others, but it's really bad. Nostalgia aside, it's an interesting read. The art in the American version is quite a bit better.

Don
CircuitBoyBlue
The Street Sam Catalog cover is great. The guy is obviously more of the average shadowrunner than most PCs end up being, seeing as PCs always end up rich and not having to cut corners like that. You know he's got cyberlimbs from the 2040s and nothing better to run in than his Browns jersey because he can't afford to get blood on his day job work shirt.

Best artwork however would be the 1st/2nd ed. cover. Brilliant. Read the story at the beginning of 1st ed. and you'll understand it so much more (though I wish that somewhere they'd tell you in a description that the roomsweeper is supposed to be that big...)

I hate the 3rd ed cover for the cartoony aspect that's been covered to death. Problem exists in pretty much anything from the second half of 2nd ed onward. Oh well. Stuff was good while it lasted...
Drain Brain
The thing that I always had the biggest problem with (and you'll probably think this is really stupid) was the Archetype's Noses from the 2nd Ed BBB. Look at the "Bodyguard" with the annoying hair/glasses and lined coat. Tell me that's a natural nose... man, he needs surgery...
Smiley
Oh, man... what about all the oversized hands? Look at the Former Wage Mage from SRII. Her face is half the size of normal and her hands are 2x the size of normal.
Kakkaraun
Y'know...I gotta say the Street Mage arch from SR3 is my fave. Some of the stuff in MitS, too. But the all time worst...definitely the cover of Changeling. It's fairly well done, in technical terms but...well, okay. That's supposed to be a Troll. Not a goddamn Klingon. And what the fuck is he wearing?

...look up an image somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012