Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hit the waters with Deadly Waves--watercraft PDF out now!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Christian Lafay
But one vehicle equals one target. Which is reason 216 the first home was the 18 wheeler with a rating 6 pilot, fuzzy logic, and luxury fixin's on the grid. Always on the move. "Where do you live?" "The loop....."
hobgoblin
Heh, living in a 18 wheeler. Straight out of bubblegum crisis that one.
Stahlseele
Or Knight-Rider. Even if that one had a few less wheels.
CanRay
Now I want a roaming shadow-garage in the back of a semi. Drive in, get your vehicle repaired, maybe a new quick-dry paintjob, and drive out again...
hermit
Haha, yeah. My rigger had that once. Then some asshole with a Great Dagon came along. -.-
Stahlseele
My Dwarf Rigger had a Troll size modified Bison with Dwarf Size Controls rolling around on auto-Pilot with a dwarf size modified motocross bike in the back as a means of quick escape.
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 7 2011, 12:38 PM) *
My Dwarf Rigger had a Troll size modified Bison with Dwarf Size Controls rolling around on auto-Pilot with a dwarf size modified motocross bike in the back as a means of quick escape.
Now I'm reminded of the ultimate in insane vehicles and escape plans, from my guilty pleasure of reading John Ringo.

The SHIVA tanks are so large that... I think it was a M2 Bradley IFV was the escape vehicle. Might have been a M1 Abrams, however. That was the ESCAPE PLAN.
Stahlseele
Remember when Argent had a Devilrat Airdropped as his Get-Away-Vehicle?
CanRay
Yeah, the hard part was getting a distraction large enough that he could do that. nyahnyah.gif

Crowning moment of awesome, however. biggrin.gif
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 7 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Now I want a roaming shadow-garage in the back of a semi. Drive in, get your vehicle repaired, maybe a new quick-dry paintjob, and drive out again...

What I love about this board. I keep finding new and interesting ways to spend my nuyen on business. My runner now rents guns, is a landlord, has a chain of noodle stands, and will soon have the entrepreneurship of "Fix On The Fly Auto Repair"
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 7 2011, 11:58 AM) *
Remember when Argent had a Devilrat Airdropped as his Get-Away-Vehicle?

Totally Filled with Awesome... smile.gif
Stahlseele
No, actually it was filled with guns, but that was the direct result ^^
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 7 2011, 02:16 PM) *
No, actually it was filled with guns, but that was the direct result ^^

Heh... Just finished reading that, last week, for the 5th or so time... Great Story... smile.gif
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 7 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Now I'm reminded of the ultimate in insane vehicles and escape plans, from my guilty pleasure of reading John Ringo.

The SHIVA tanks are so large that... I think it was a M2 Bradley IFV was the escape vehicle. Might have been a M1 Abrams, however. That was the ESCAPE PLAN.

it was the M1 i believe, with the turret removed. I am currently re-reading the series so i will let you know when i reach that point, however i'm doing the series in storyline sequence so i have to get through "Watch on the Rhine" and "Yellow Eyes" first.
DMiller
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 3 2011, 10:13 AM) *
There really, really needs to be a sarcasm font.

How's this?

-D

smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jul 7 2011, 02:31 PM) *
What I love about this board. I keep finding new and interesting ways to spend my nuyen on business. My runner now rents guns, is a landlord, has a chain of noodle stands, and will soon have the entrepreneurship of "Fix On The Fly Auto Repair"
I want co-ownership, at least in the name. nyahnyah.gif
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 8 2011, 02:13 AM) *
I want co-ownership, at least in the name. nyahnyah.gif

I'll see if I can convince my GM to let me use Perfect Roommate on a business. Really though, this makes me think of Blade Trinity. Jump into the semi a man on foot. Fly out Detroit muscle. OH! There is another idea. Buy On The Fly! Get the rig that transports cars.... Where is my car supplement, guys? I need cheap dune-buggies, HA!
CanRay
MPUV with Off-Road Tires, done. Dune Buggy!
Stahlseele
Don't dune buggies fly? *runs for his life*
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 8 2011, 02:38 AM) *
Don't dune buggies fly? *runs for his life*

Just Horrible, Stahlseele, I 'd keep running if I was you... smile.gif
Fatum
Isn't the ATV in Arsenal pretty much a dune buggy anyway?
Critias
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jul 8 2011, 11:46 AM) *
Isn't the ATV in Arsenal pretty much a dune buggy anyway?

There's a couple in Arsenal that work well for dune buggies, yeah.
Christian Lafay
Now just need a mod that lowers the price. Somewhat like the seen from The Italian Job, "What are those?" "Spare parts. You don't need 'em."
CanRay
There's adjustments that can be had to make them cheaper. Knock-Offs, Used, and so on. (Street Costs, SR4A, Page 312.).
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 8 2011, 10:14 PM) *
There's adjustments that can be had to make them cheaper. Knock-Offs, Used, and so on. (Street Costs, SR4A, Page 312.).

Ah, forgot. Thanks
CanRay
My group got their hands on a knock-off crawler drone when they needed to hack through security of Lone Star and did so through the car's system as a backdoor, with the hacker cuffed and in the back seat of the car. Of course, the hard part was distracting the officers without knocking them out or killing them, as the Biomonitors in their armour would have sent a message to the car to disconnect from the network. That was less budget as it was speed of availability.

They had the bright idea to hire the Halloweeners to do it. Yeah, it didn't end well. IIRC, the Hacker in the game went through dumpshock three or four times in that game... "Damn, this is nasty! I need medical attention!"
Kesendeja
Several of the ships (pg 22 to 27) mention structure instead of body. Where in 4th is this mentioned? In 3rd I remember hull, is this the same? If so how is it used in 4th?
Mäx
QUOTE (Kesendeja @ Jul 17 2011, 09:32 AM) *
Several of the ships (pg 22 to 27) mention structure instead of body. Where in 4th is this mentioned?

Page 171 of WAR.
Kesendeja
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 17 2011, 03:52 AM) *
Page 171 of WAR.

Ah, that explains why I missed it. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012