Squinky
Okay, here we go Lurker:

Card:
http://squinkyproductions.deviantart.com/a...eeker-245688343
Fullsize:
http://squinkyproductions.deviantart.com/a...eeker-245688553

Thanks for letting me do him up smile.gif
sgtbarnesKY
Wow that's an awesome pic, I hop ya have that as a standy at Gencon Galen!
ElFenrir
Whoa, nice to see more Squinky art! biggrin.gif And awesome as always.

Judging by the first page there are still some slots-I'll toss in my hat just in case.

Heirophant's(Real Name: Kael Volstrega)a tall(around 6'8'' without his combat boots) elf, a bit more heavily muscled than most, due to his heavy martial arts training, along with strength training. Long, white hair worn down, and a clean shaven face. Wire rimmed glasses and blue eyes. Handsome fellow, late 20s or so. Tank top, longcoat, may have a sword slung over his back. Fingerless, metal-reinforced gloves for harder blows. (Since its waist up, pants/boots don't matter). Known to keep a rather calm expression.

Edit: I didn't do too much in the way of background here-he's got quite a long one. Cutting it down, he's ex-Military, ending up going underground after discovering, with his old good friend, some stuff that could have gotten him in trouble. Sadly, his friend was killed-leaving behind a child. Feeling like he ended up leading the man to his death, he took the boy in(he was seven or eight at the time), and he's now around ten. He did hunt down the men who killed his old friend/the boy's father, and took them out, at least putting a bit of closure on his friends death. Naturally, he's now pretty much straight up underground. Besides excelling in unarmed combat and being a strong swordsman, he's quite good with Firearms(though his old friend was the true firearms expert), and he's an excellent armorer; he's able to tinker with and put together many things. He's not completely out of the loop when it comes to social skills, able to act quite professional. His extensive cyberware includes wired reflexes, muscle augmentation and toner(he's actually as high on strength as he can go), bone lacing for protection and to help his blows(along with hardliner gloves and steel capped boots), and odds and ends like a synthacardium, enhanced articulation and the like.
CanRay
Apparently I'm a bad influence on people here.

Not saying that's going to change, just making an observation. biggrin.gif Good work Squinky!
Mardrax
Since filling the 36 slots up seems to be going slowly, and since I just remembered how fondly I remember this character, here's another submission for you to take up if you will.

Character name:
Shinji "Docko" Oko

Description:
Shinji is a Japanese everyman on first sight. He falls nicely into the mean for most of those pesky demographic things. Average height, average build. The cybereyes with brown lenses and short, sleek black hair -generally spiked nowadays, to go for that racy look in with the younger adults nowadays-asians are known for. With none of those pesky mutations to make him anything but human. He might be a bit young at 28, but he doesn't look a year younger or older. He even has the datajack implanted behind his right ear that so characterises sararimen who've been in it for longer than the large scale advent of trodenets. He fit right in when he was a surgeon and cybertech student, working in one of Neo-Tokyo's large hospitals: A Crashcart clinic.

When he was in one of his final years of university though, Crash 2.0 happened, and both his parents, who also worked here, fell victim to AIPS. After visiting them dutifully for some time, they suddenly were transferred to another hospital under Yamatetsu's umbrella, while Shinji was visiting a friend out of the Chiba district. A pang of fear gripped him as he met dead end after dead end trying to trace them, until he finally managed to speak to someone, while he intially thought he didn't have a connection at all. This voice, even though it sounded strange, made it clear that Yamatetsu was out for him as well, and he raced to get as far from Neo-Tokyo as he could.
The friend mentioned someone in a local Yakuza that could help him, who agreed to get him onboard a suborbital to Europe first thing, in exchange for extended services as a doctor in a fresh operation of theirs in Europort. He's lived there ever since, doing shadowrunning jobs while working to patch up Yakuza in the mean time, and getting to grip with the strange reality in which the voice he spoke to turned out to be a Data Sprite he had called out of somewhere or something called the Resonance. And while Motsu still gives him headaches from time to time, it's put him on the path of an elusive figure only known as The Archivist, leading him on a wild goose chase through the Matrix and Resonance alike, in hopes of finding anything about his parents. Thankfully, he has all of the data he comes across safely locked away. Nothing will elude him this time. And Motsu is more than happy to sift through all of it like Scrooge McDuck through his money.

He's undergone some more bodymodification since then though. After losing use of his arm after running into an obstacle (or rather half a magazine full of them) he had his left arm replaced with a cybernetic one from the shoulder down, which he and a friend have modded out fairly extensively over the years. It's bulked out a bit from the dimensions of your normal cyberarm, and especially the lower arm looks like a comic caricature with all the gadgets in the hand. It has snake fingers, each one ending in a different tool: a miniwelder, a mini chainsaw, a vacuum pump, a multitool, and even an endoscope to be extended from the pinky.

As far as clothing goes, Docko will not be caught without his armored longcoat, acid proofed to keep from getting soaked in the Dutch rain, and ruthenium coated, but usually showing a stark hospital white. He'll tend to wear a toolbelt over it, with a few pouches to keep medical supplies and hardware tinkering tools in. Underneath, he usually wears a set of his comfortable sararimen blouse and pants.
Because once you grow into those, you never really grow back out.
Cube
Woo! Thank you! biggrin.gif
Squinky
Glad you like it cube!

As things stand we are at 30 so far. Just an update smile.gif
CanRay
Now to try and get this cards into the Shadowrun CCG. wink.gif
pbangarth
The listing in the first post is helpful. As my turn approaches, I can get all excited!

Just a note: Professor's name is spelled.... Professor.
Jen
Am I next?

*wriggles excitedly*
Raven the Trickster
Thanks Squinky, it looks awesome. One little nitpick, you misnumbered the card. You've now got two cards numbered 03.

The art for Tank looks pretty damn sweet though.

*EDIT: ... Is that supposed to be Sid the Elven Street Samurai that he's holding?*
CanRay
Maybe the misprinted card will become a collector's item and be worth a great amount of money later?
Xahn Borealis
Looks like there's a few spaces left, consider this reserved, if that's cool. smile.gif
Squinky
Yep Jen, I've inked him and am workingon coloring him now.

Raven, I fixed the number. Thanks smile.gif No, its just a random elf.
Squiddy Attack
Awwww, fretful Frito-Lay is fretful.
Mr. Hollis
Oh lawdy, I think there might actually be a space or two still free. I has a character I would like to throw into the ring.

'Sgt.' Joseph 'Crick' Stott
A former Vice officer for Lone Star, Sgt. Stott is now quite literally what he was pretending to be all these years - a brutish thug. He cruises around the Redmond Barrens in his battered [and seriously up-armored] Chrysler-Nissan Patrol 1, dispensing regular beatings to anyone who owes him money [or looks at him funny] with an equally weathered hardwood cricket bat. As a package, him and his car look like they've been living inside a rock grinder for years now.

Crick is a tall, stocky Ork; his skin [when you wash off the dirt] is a light olive tone. His face is his most distinguishing feature: not only is he missing his left tusk [with accompanying scar], but his hair resembles spikes of ice, and his eyes are matte black. Beyond that, he has a datajack in his right temple, and his left arm is obviously cybernetic; heavily modified, at that. He is usually seen wearing a scarred and patched LS Patrol uniform [not likely to be his own], with a Ruger Thunderbolt on his left hip, his cricket bat in hand, and looking like someone pissed in his soy-kaf.
CanRay
One tough mother fragger to work in as racist a Extraterritorial Corp like Lone Star!
CanRay
Slowly moving closer to my item! biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 4 2011, 09:19 PM) *

Thanks Squinky... Awesome Indeed...
Mayhem_2006
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 5 2011, 02:34 AM) *

Nicely done, thanks!
Doc Byte
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 3 2011, 06:32 AM) *
The listing in the first post is helpful. As my turn approaches, I can get all excited!

Signed. - One more one to go before it's my turn. wobble.gif
ElFenrir
These are turning out damn cool. I always get an old school Shadowrun feeling when I see that art. Good memories of the old books. biggrin.gif
Bytesize
Hello! Are there any more spots left for character art? This is Robin, Galen's girl: he sent me this way because he thought art of my character would be hilarious/awesome. I play Bytesize, a gnome technomancer. She's about 2'8", blonde (that pale natural blonde that people usually grow out of when they get older, very much not bleach blonde)/hazel eyes, wears her hair in pigtails, and usually wears an armored jacket over a little girl's dress, because she looks just like a 12-year-old dwarf kid.

I'll add some character history when I'm not posting on my phone at Gencon. Thanks in advance!
Blackb1rd
Squinky,

If there are any more slots left it'd be awesome to get a character done. I'll post a description on the off chance he gets chosen.

Roy Hanson
26 years old
6'2"
165 Lbs
Green Eyes
Short Black Hair

Roy is a hitman for the Catholic church. He has a moderate addiction to crimson orchid and a heavy alcohol dependence. His Sniper Rifle of choice is the HK PSG Enforcer, it is HEAVILY modified with a silence, imaging scope, tripod and sling. He also carries a sidearm, a Colt Government 2066. He normally wears a nice pair of shoes, dark jeans, a longsleeved black t shirt and a medium length black armored jacket, sunglasses in the daytime.

I know the character sounds like your run of the mill human, but i think he'd be a pretty badass lookin sniper considering your work Squinky.
Squinky
Shadowrun card # 8, Pyro. Drawn for Mandy.

Full:
http://squinkyproductions.deviantart.com/art/Pyro-252190082
Card:
http://squinkyproductions.deviantart.com/a...-Pyro-252190318
The Dragon Girl
If there are any spaces left, I would love to get my Byte into some art..
Pixie hacker
1' red hair, green eyes, freckles, wirey build.. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/The...onGirl/byte.jpg datajack in the spine. Loves to build drones, used to be a neonet spider(france), hes a freedom fighter re: Tir Na Nog.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 12 2011, 03:44 AM) *

Wow! I'm impressed. Great work, thanks a lot! cool.gif

€dit:

The longer I look at the portrait the more I love it. I have another one of him from a graphic artist who (among others) illustrates RPGs. It's easy to recognise Wulf on both images as the same person. But what really intrigues me is the fact, that he looks about the 10 years older, that have passed in-game since the old portrait was drawn in 2005 only just pre-SR4 and the time leap. It's fascinating to look at both images and see the same charakter, but at different ages. That lends him a very vivid character depth.

Again, thank you for the great work, Squinky!
suoq
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 10 2011, 08:56 PM) *

This is Pyro (suoq's wife)....

Thank you so much for the wonderful drawing of my character. I'm new to playing Shadowrun, so this was a delightful way to bring the character to life. I really appreciate it!
All the best to you,
Mandy
CanRay
Glad to have you with us, Suoq's Wife/Pyro/Mandy! Welcome to our world!

Check your sanity at the door. devil.gif
Squinky
Hey, thanks guys and no prob! I appreciate you folks letting me hone my abilities with your characters.
Doc Byte
Squinky, do you think it would be possible to add a (not too huge) Thor's Hammer on a leather necklace to the image of Wulf? I'm not sure if this would fit the overall composition, but it would be a symbol of him being a norse (albeit Odin) mage. - If not, that's not a problem, I love the images as it is, too.

And another question: I'd like to to hang up a printout of Wulf's portrait at my home. I was wondering, if you'd want to put your signature on the image as you don't seem to sign the images. (Or I'm too stupid to see a signature.)

CanRay
This is the style of amulets I've seen Ásatrú wear. Often far more ornate, but almost always in that shape. The ornaments of them seem to be individualistic.
Raven the Trickster
For some reason that suddenly makes me think of playing a character from a little valley in Georgia (the country not the state) who wears a celtic cross amulet with stylized axe blades for arms and is *very* good with military hardware
CanRay
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Aug 15 2011, 07:20 PM) *
For some reason that suddenly makes me think of playing a character from a little valley in Georgia (the country not the state) who wears a celtic cross amulet with stylized axe blades for arms and is *very* good with military hardware
I knew about it long before those books came out.

But, yes, those books are my personal guilty pleasure. But that's OK because they're the author's guilty pleasure as well.

And, apparently, he's helped some people with issues through them. Go figure.
Raven the Trickster
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 15 2011, 08:30 PM) *
I knew about it long before those books came out.

But, yes, those books are my personal guilty pleasure. But that's OK because they're the author's guilty pleasure as well.

And, apparently, he's helped some people with issues through them. Go figure.

I actually knew about the asatru (although not the name) long before I read those books as well. It still made me think of the character concept. Some of the major characters in those books would translate over rather well, although I think you'd probably have to make Shota a troll in order to make him strong enough without resorting to serious ware, either that or maybe a bull or bear shifter.

Besides, just figured I'd throw that in there for you for fun since I know you read those books too nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
*Hangs my head in shame*
pbangarth
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Aug 15 2011, 07:38 PM) *
Besides, just figured I'd throw that in there for you for fun since I know you read those books too nyahnyah.gif

Sorry for ignorant being. What books are these being?
CanRay
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 15 2011, 10:57 PM) *
Sorry for ignorant being. What books are these being?
John Ringo's "Paladin of Shadows" series. Which is basically a fap story (Literally) about a guy that kills a lot of bad men and gets a lot of sex, with some (some?) BDSM overtones.

The first book can be found here for free from the publisher itself.
pbangarth
Thanks. Right now I'm busy reading something and writing, but I'll check that out.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 16 2011, 02:http://forums.dumpshock.com/style_images/greenmotiv/folder_editor_images/rte-quote-button.png08 AM) *
This is the style of amulets I've seen Ásatrú wear. Often far more ornate, but almost always in that shape. The ornaments of them seem to be individualistic.

You get to see a lot of different styled Thor's Hammers, if you hang around with Viking Reenactors. biggrin.gif

A rune amulet with an 'O' for Odin would fit Wulf as well, but you have to be very, very carefull with runes in Germany thanks to our NS history. So it's better to stick with the (quite well-known) Thor's Hammer as a symbol of neo-paganism.
ElFenrir
Actually, the Ansuz rune http://www.runemaker.com/futhark/ansuz.shtml also has ties into Odin here. (I have this rune tattooed on me. biggrin.gif) Could also fit.

(And yeah, runes can be touchy, sadly. Shame. :/)
Neraph
So you have the letter "A" or "O" tattoo'd on you?
Squinky
Quick update:

I'm heading out to go camping till monday, but I printed off as many descriptions as possible to get a lead on them. As things stand now I am working on Kc's image, that should be good to go soon

Thanks guys!
Fyndhal
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 18 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Quick update:

I'm heading out to go camping till monday, but I printed off as many descriptions as possible to get a lead on them. As things stand now I am working on Kc's image, that should be good to go soon

Thanks guys!

No, thank you! And enjoy the camping trip. /jealous
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012