Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: Our Orks Are Cuter
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
CanRay
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Mar 9 2013, 05:40 PM) *
What you fail to consider PJ, the crazier the chick, the better she is...
BTW: I had to learn the hard way "Don't sleep with the crazy."

Which, considering me, takes a whole hell of a lot of crazy! (And that's all I'll talk about it. Really, don't bring it up further, please.).
pbangarth
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 9 2013, 06:30 PM) *
BTW: I had to learn the hard way "Don't sleep with the crazy."

Which, considering me, takes a whole hell of a lot of crazy! (And that's all I'll talk about it. Really, don't bring it up further, please.).

No further question, just a knowing commiseration. Maybe a Canada thing?
Pepsi Jedi
There -are- ----alot---- of crazy sex girls in Canada. I can personally vouch for that.

Something in the water up there or something...
CanRay
It's the winters. You have to warm up somehow...
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 11 2013, 12:52 AM) *

*Grins* I live in the UP of MI.

Trust me.... I know.
Lionhearted
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 11 2013, 06:52 AM) *

Yeah sounds about right, only here it escalates when the sun finally shows up again, who am I to complain? This country got oodles of beautiful women smile.gif
Draco18s
A former collage roommate of mine has a Canadian girlfriend.

Or, as he said when he picked me up from the airport when I was attending a convention near his house, "I've got a crazy Canadian girlfriend you'll never see." (She was away visiting her parents that weekend!)
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 11 2013, 12:15 PM) *
A former collage roommate of mine has a Canadian girlfriend.

Or, as he said when he picked me up from the airport when I was attending a convention near his house, "I've got a crazy Canadian girlfriend you'll never see." (She was away visiting her parents that weekend!)

A girlfriend who lives in Canada?

Was her name Alberta? Did she live in Vancouver? Did she cook like his mother? Did she suck like a hoover?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Mar 11 2013, 12:44 PM) *
A girlfriend who lives in Canada?

Was her name Alberta? Did she live in Vancouver? Did she cook like his mother? Did she suck like a hoover?

*Shakes Head*
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Mar 11 2013, 03:47 PM) *
*Shakes Head*

Hey I didn't get to the part where I asked....

Did he email her every single day just to see if she was okay?
Pepsi Jedi
Was she afraid of the dark?
Draco18s
You guys are terrible.

She did text saying that her flight back had been canceled "due to Blizzard" so I'm fairly sure she actually exists.
Inu
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 12 2013, 07:54 AM) *
You guys are terrible.

She did text saying that her flight back had been canceled "due to Blizzard" so I'm fairly sure she actually exists.

So either there was a snowstorm, or she just got hold of a beta invite to Heart of the Swarm. Hm.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 11 2013, 04:54 PM) *
You guys are terrible.

I'm not terrible. I was quoting from a song. I can't help it that you delivered all the keywords for me to quote "My Girlfriend Who Lives in Canada".
Mach_Ten
Evolution of Lesbian elf stripper ....
I'll just leave this ..

Here . ..... .. !
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Mar 12 2013, 07:51 AM) *
Evolution of Lesbian elf stripper ....
I'll just leave this ..

Here . ..... .. !

Sounds about like some things I've seen.

QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Mar 12 2013, 06:05 AM) *
I'm not terrible. I was quoting from a song. I can't help it that you delivered all the keywords for me to quote "My Girlfriend Who Lives in Canada".

You're terrible for repeating it. nyahnyah.gif
And I can't help it that that is what my friend said.
CanRay
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 12 2013, 09:09 AM) *
Sounds about like some things I've seen.
Sounds like my last Ex!
ShadowJackal
You know. There are women that read this site too...

In other news, Shortcake's rigger is really cute and I love the idea of fairy drones. If my character ran into her I'd buy her a drink and want the 411 on her style.
tasti man LH
...and fairy drones are a reason why I don't allow my players to do extensive body/chassis modifications on vehicles and drones.
Lionhearted
Personally I made an Ork bodysculpted to look like David Hasselhoff a gangleader of a hooding streetgang called "The Knightriders" and yes, he refered to himself as the Hoff.
Inside jokes smile.gif
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (tasti man LH @ Mar 15 2013, 03:06 PM) *
...and fairy drones are a reason why I don't allow my players to do extensive body/chassis modifications on vehicles and drones.

How do you mean? There's already toy drones in the book. One of them was a stuffed animal, but in the "Similar modles" they quoted little ninjas and a GI Joe type action figure.

My rigger had a few of those for infil missions and stuff. Little Jet packs or hover packs work great. I can totally see a female using drone fairys. The Wasp type drones for... anti drone usage were great too. Cosmetically if they want to look like little attack fairys, instead of wasps, is fine for me. smile.gif
tasti man LH
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 15 2013, 01:13 PM) *
How do you mean? There's already toy drones in the book. One of them was a stuffed animal, but in the "Similar modles" they quoted little ninjas and a GI Joe type action figure.

My rigger had a few of those for infil missions and stuff. Little Jet packs or hover packs work great. I can totally see a female using drone fairys. The Wasp type drones for... anti drone usage were great too. Cosmetically if they want to look like little attack fairys, instead of wasps, is fine for me. smile.gif

...head to the "running list of things I'm not allowed to do in SR" to hear a bit of my explanation why.

And also: the rigger of my table doesn't know about the action figures. I prefer to keep it that way.....
CanRay
The Shaman in my group just used Mass Animate to have a bunch of Plushie Dunkie Dolls with tainted meat strapped to them be chased around by guard dogs.

Jason himself was cheering the Dunkies on, BTW.
bannockburn
Our orks are cuter! Part 127:

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-conten...FINAL-PROOF.jpg
tasti man LH
I still say she ain't as bad as Strawberry...
CanRay
Nice stompy boots and the now-almost obligatory "Orky Button"! biggrin.gif
tasti man LH
Hmm...you're right!

Who knew that Bull was such a trend-setter...nyahnyah.gif
bannockburn
Orxploitation!
Draco18s
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 22 2013, 06:51 PM) *

Game.
Set.
Match.
Lantzer
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Oct 17 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Dear lord I'm a nerd.

You're right, there wasn't much art influence from Japan at the time of 1st edition (but personally, Laubenstein is is own little variation of weird) but it did come out at about the time it was starting to catch on. The Ghost in the Shell movie had come out over here, and lots of people were being exposed to the style through Macross (of which there are elements that are perfectly SR), Dominion Tank Police, and Battle for the Planets. It was starting to get some cultural cache in the West.

And Shirow is crazy appropriate for SR. If you've never looked at his work, it's beautiful and full of the stuff that would make geeks glee.

It's hard to get more Cyberpunk than good old AD Police, if you like dark and gritty. Just thought I'd mention it.
Stahlseele
Certainly closer to the SR Power-Level than BGC.
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (tasti man LH @ Mar 15 2013, 10:06 PM) *

Hmmm, flying minidrone with two Mechanical Arms and a custom chassis. Takes all four slots the minidrone offers, has some eight inches long body, maybe a foot-wide wingspan, can fetch light items with no problems.
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Apr 23 2013, 07:14 AM) *
Hmmm, flying minidrone with two Mechanical Arms and a custom chassis. Takes all four slots the minidrone offers, has some eight inches long body, maybe a foot-wide wingspan, can fetch light items with no problems.
Add some software and specific Stealth RFIDs, and you'll never lose your keys again! In fact, just whistle and the Minidrone Faery fetches them for you!!! biggrin.gif
EKBT81
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 23 2013, 12:51 AM) *
I really like that SR art keeps going with the "human ork" look. Although I think she could do with somewhat more muscular arms (unless they decided to make STR the rigger character's dumpstat).

But overall great picture. smile.gif
ElFenrir
Drone rigger? Yeah, I'd definitely dump Strength for that. I think the build is just right for a non-fighter type.

I have still been on my quest to find a picture of a really attractive troll male. I have no artistic skills, or I'd draw the two I play. The male trolls don't get nearly enough handsome love. I did find this guy, though:

http://i.imgur.com/xqOjS6W.jpg This fine dapper gentleman, for one. He's built smaller, perhaps he's a mage or hacker.

...And that's it for now. Man I need some Artisan: Drawing skillsofts. frown.gif

bannockburn
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gluttony-BubbleGum-407849472

It continues!
biggrin.gif
Godwyn
QUOTE (tehana @ Nov 3 2011, 01:14 PM) *
I have to wonder if there's a status symbol aspect with this as well. If you look back to one of the links I posted earlier in this thread about designer duds in mafia prisons you'll see that things like this are being used as status symbols in crime rings. I have to wonder how long it will be before Joey Santori starts using a diamond encrusted gun to kill off threats just to start a reputation.

And I totally could see a socialite having a crystal encrusted gun. It would be exactly like cell phones in the early/mid 2000's. The crystal craze has kinda died down but I totally see how men and women alike would start personalizing them.

Damn. Now I'm all off on tangents in my brain thinking about how I could customize a gun to match my favorite outfits...

Its not lost, it was just forgotten...

As for the ork pic, it is awesome. Pink Mohawk isn't for all the time, but people forget what it is about sometimes. Sometimes its not about the money, its not about keeping secret or hidden, its about kicking the Corps. Maybe its the one that tossed you into the shadows to begin with, maybe its the one that killed your family, or the one that put a hit out on you for a regular job just because they wanted to send a message and made you burn that sweet pad and your new SIN. Sometimes you are already known to them and are their enemy. Sometimes, you want them to know who it is that just took that multi-billion nuyen device, and remind them why you did it.

That is the essence of Pink Mohawk. The corps aren't always just employers, they are what is wrong with the world, they are the enemy, not a friend or ally. They are about crushing all individuality out of the world so that they can control it beasier, and sometimes the only way to fight back is simply to make a statement that says, "no I will not conform."
DeathStrobe
Shadowrun Returns art

Look how badass that troll lady sniper is.

And then that human sammie with the obvious cyber arms is crazy cool too.

Then there are two schmucks in the background looking like a bunch of nobodies.
Kot
Nobody here noticed she probably just took the "Human Looking" quality? Nothing short of popculture-inducec brain damage explains the rest of it though.
Stahlseele
That's not a Troll.
That's an Ork.
Yes, Orks can have Horns too.
No, she is too small for a Troll.
And no, Trolls can't take the human looking Edge.
Lurker37
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 20 2013, 02:11 AM) *
That's not a Troll.
That's an Ork.
Yes, Orks can have Horns too.
No, she is too small for a Troll.
And no, Trolls can't take the human looking Edge.

Some orks may be able to have horns in PnP, but in the actual SR:R game, horns are Trolls-only. Furthermore, the horn arrangement she has is one you can actually select for a troll character.

So, given that the picture is in an advertisement for SR:R, she is definitely a Troll.
Tanegar
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 22 2013, 06:51 PM) *

Mmm. Cute ork girl, fishnet top, ripped stockings, big stompy boots? Two words: yes, please.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Nov 19 2013, 07:59 PM) *
Mmm. Cute ork girl, fishnet top, ripped stockings, big stompy boots? Two words: yes, please.
Buy Shadowrun 5 and she, too, can be part of your group! biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 20 2013, 10:09 AM) *
Buy Shadowrun 5 and she, too, can be part of your group! biggrin.gif

Yeah... Just can't do it. Especially since she, too, can be part of your Group in SR4A. smile.gif
Bigity
QUOTE (Lurker37 @ Nov 19 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Some orks may be able to have horns in PnP, but in the actual SR:R game, horns are Trolls-only. Furthermore, the horn arrangement she has is one you can actually select for a troll character.

So, given that the picture is in an advertisement for SR:R, she is definitely a Troll.

Troll minus the dermal deposits I guess.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Lurker37 @ Nov 19 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Or an Orc who is a Troll Poser ( a very rare quality indeed) and wearing fake horns? nyahnyah.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Nov 20 2013, 02:07 PM) *
Or an Orc who is a Troll Poser ( a very rare quality indeed) and wearing fake horns? nyahnyah.gif

A troll who is an orc poser?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 20 2013, 12:09 PM) *
A troll who is an orc poser?

A Troll, Posing as an Orc, Posing as a Human with Horns?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 20 2013, 02:29 PM) *
A Troll, Posing as an Orc, Posing as a Human with Horns?

Yessss...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 20 2013, 12:31 PM) *
Yessss...

I KNEW it... wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012