Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: Our Orks Are Cuter
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
CanRay
If I suffer, EVERYONE SUFFERS!

Just found this surfing around dA.
JonathanC
This is clearly the fault of the 4th ed. Gunslinger Adept art. This is what you get when you have cute Japanese ork chicks.
Miri
I think that qualifies for Distinctive Appearance at level 9000.
JonathanC
QUOTE (Miri @ Oct 14 2011, 02:04 PM) *
I think that qualifies for Distinctive Appearance at level 9000.

Come on, now. It's clearly over 9000.
SecGuard
Arrgh!!!!!!

Thanks for that.
CanRay
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Oct 14 2011, 04:01 PM) *
This is clearly the fault of the 4th ed. Gunslinger Adept art. This is what you get when you have cute Japanese ork chicks.
At least it's a good demonstration on how Orks *CAN* be cute at least. Breaks the stereotype badly.

And she can *STILL* kick ass hard enough to draw blood.
Tiralee
You should see our trolls
-Tir

(Actually, you will see the once I figure out how to host them again)
Tiralee
Kat - our familiar Troll mage (and with a pic that the player's finally happy with) Linky

There are also some in progress (undergoing shading before colouring) by our artist. RaTH (the decker) is loved by all (Perfection)

Do browse the SR3 folder:)

-Tir
ravensmuse
Ahahaha, yes, yes! That player needs to hang out with my wife smile.gif
Draco18s
MIEN EYES. THEY ARE BLEEDING RAINBOWS.

(And people wonder why furies hate sparkle dogs).
Ol' Scratch
Other than the nearly unnoticable "tusks," which are anything but, I don't see anything about her in the picture that indicates that's supposed to be an ork. Pretty crappy in that regard alone. The blinding colors don't bother me in the least. Just makes her dead.
CanRay
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 14 2011, 07:04 PM) *
MIEN EYES. THEY ARE BLEEDING RAINBOWS.

(And people wonder why furies hate sparkle dogs).
When you consider the sub-sub-sub-cultures that Shadowrun can have...
ggodo
I hate this picture so hard, I wish I could hate it to death.
toturi
I have a confession to make. It probably will not shock anyone who has been on the boards for a while.

I actually like the picture.
CanRay
My work here is done...

Oh, I'm not going anywhere. I can still do so much more. devil.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 14 2011, 08:16 PM) *

That is disturbing.

QUOTE (toturi Posted Today, 08:55 PM )
I have a confession to make. It probably will not shock anyone who has been on the boards for a while.

I actually like the picture.

I have to agree, actually.
JonathanC
QUOTE (Ol' Scratch @ Oct 14 2011, 05:47 PM) *
Other than the nearly unnoticable "tusks," which are anything but, I don't see anything about her in the picture that indicates that's supposed to be an ork. Pretty crappy in that regard alone. The blinding colors don't bother me in the least. Just makes her dead.

The thing I hate most about SR4 is the propagation of the idea that anyone not dressed head to toe in all black is instakilled. In a world of people where low-light and thermo vision are commonplace, you aren't hiding from anybody in a black bodysuit. If anything, a van full of dudes dressed all in black rolling through the hood should be an automatic beacon for the cops. Bright colors and stupid hair? Must be club kids. Grim dudes dressed in all black? Probably up to no good...
CanRay
Hense the pink mohawks. Camouflage.
JonathanC
Exactly.
CanRay
Fiberoptic hair is still a popular modification as well. Skin tinting has gone away, but Nanotats are in!
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Oct 14 2011, 09:14 PM) *
The thing I hate most about SR4 is the propagation of the idea that anyone not dressed head to toe in all black is instakilled.

That's one end of the scale. Dressing up as Strawberry Shortcake with a rainbow colored assault rifle slung across your back is the other end of the scale. Unfortunately for your argument, most people are in the middle.

Ms. Shortcake will easily be targeted first in a combat situation. Not only is she more visible even in the worst of conditions, judging solely by the replies in this thread, people will aim for her just out of spite of looking so stupid.

Hence, she's as good as dead if she tries to do anything even remotely espionage related. Unless that espionage is breaking into a nightclub or something equally benign. 'Course, then the assault rifle on her back makes her a primary target even then.

CanRay
As a Hacker or other support role, however...
Saint Hallow
QUOTE (Ol' Scratch @ Oct 14 2011, 11:35 PM) *
Dressing up as Strawberry Shortcake with a rainbow colored assault rifle slung across your back is the other end of the scale.

I guess no one cosplays anymore. Feel real bad for anyone who tries to pretend to be Karl the Kombatmage at a local con.
CanRay
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Oct 14 2011, 10:40 PM) *
I guess no one cosplays anymore. Feel real bad for anyone who tries to pretend to be Karl the Kombatmage at a local con.
Remind me to tell you the horrors I put my group through at San Diego, which is now a resort city in Aztlan. vegm.gif
JonathanC
QUOTE (Ol' Scratch @ Oct 14 2011, 08:35 PM) *
That's one end of the scale. Dressing up as Strawberry Shortcake with a rainbow colored assault rifle slung across your back is the other end of the scale. Unfortunately for your argument, most people are in the middle.

Ms. Shortcake will easily be targeted first in a combat situation. Not only is she more visible even in the worst of conditions, judging solely by the replies in this thread, people will aim for her just out of spite of looking so stupid.

Hence, she's as good as dead if she tries to do anything even remotely espionage related. Unless that espionage is breaking into a nightclub or something equally benign. 'Course, then the assault rifle on her back makes her a primary target even then.

Most people are on the "dressed like an extra in The Matrix" side of the scale, which is pretty far from the middle. The middle would be "dressed like a normal person", which nobody does because if you paid 900 nuyen.gif for an armor jacket, you're sure as hell going to wear it everywhere.

I doubt anyone goes on an espionage run with an assault rifle slung over their shoulder, so it's doubtful that would be a problem. Either she lives in a rough neighborhood, or she's out for a full-out assault mission. Either way, her ability to match colors isn't likely to come into play. I'm not super fond of the outfit, but it's a step in the right direction: Shadowrunners feel more "real" to me when there's something a little off about them.
Ol' Scratch
That's not "a little off." That's "completely off the scale of sanity." At least pink mohawk types can blend into the streets where punkish styling is fairly common. Even then, some idiot dressed like Strawberry Shortcake is going to stand out. As in not blend in. Anywhere, except some stupid nightclub, and even then she'd likely still stand out just from the sheer absurdity of it.

Being a little off is fine. This is not a little off.
CanRay
That could be her Matrix Icon. That'd fit right in. biggrin.gif
JonathanC
it's 2070. Who would even recognize Strawberry Shortcake? Also, have you seen a Hipster lately? The outfit isn't my style, but it's not inconceivable. If Japan wasn't so racist against Orks, I could easily imagine this girl running around Shibuya. Ever read Fruits magazine? This outfit is par for the course:

http://haikucouture.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/fruits-6.jpg
http://www.japan-talk.com/images/jt//fruit...5355972272.jpeg
http://lanceunemode.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/4clji34.jpg
http://www.japan-talk.com/images/jt/fruits...5355972271.jpeg
CanRay
Mental note: Stay in Canada. Those outfits almost blinded me!
Saint Hallow
I blame Gwen Stefani & the Harajuku girls... of course those girls can run around SR Seattle 2070.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Oct 14 2011, 11:05 PM) *
it's 2070. Who would even recognize Strawberry Shortcake? Also, have you seen a Hipster lately? The outfit isn't my style, but it's not inconceivable. If Japan wasn't so racist against Orks, I could easily imagine this girl running around Shibuya. Ever read Fruits magazine? This outfit is par for the course:

http://haikucouture.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/fruits-6.jpg
http://www.japan-talk.com/images/jt//fruit...5355972272.jpeg
http://lanceunemode.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/4clji34.jpg
http://www.japan-talk.com/images/jt/fruits...5355972271.jpeg

Everything except the group on the left in the first picture would stand out like a sore thumb. Just because there's a handful of people walking around dressed like idiots, that in no way justifies that it's even remotely normal or goes unnoticed.
JonathanC
QUOTE (Ol' Scratch @ Oct 14 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Everything except the group on the left in the first picture would stand out like a sore thumb. Just because there's a handful of people walking around dressed like idiots, that in no way justifies that it's even remotely normal or goes unnoticed.

Dude....these are not an isolated group of crazies. This is what fashion kids walking around Shibuya look like. People actually dress like this, on purpose, in real life. They've been doing it for decades. Gwen Stefani showed up and tried to bite their style, but she toned it down a LOT for western audiences, because hey, your reaction here is probably pretty standard. They look kind of like clowns to western eyes.

The 2050's and a good part of the 60's saw a lot of Japanese influence on UCAS culture. It's not unreasonable to believe that there's a section of San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, etc. where kids dress like this.

I mean, if your point is just that you hate the art, that's fine, and I totally understand. I'm just saying...it's not an unreasonable way for the character to be dressed. I might not want to run with her, but someone else would.
Ol' Scratch
Show me some official Shadowrun art, which is a reflection of the "norm" of the Sixth World, where the streets are crowded with blinding Strawberry Shortcakeish ork chicks. Or at least where she could blend in without anyone batting an eye. Even in some of the crazier stuff in Shadowbeat and 1st Edition you'll be hard pressed to find anything like that. And I can almost guarantee that you won't find anything like it for 4th Edition/the 2070s. Oddly enough, Unwired is one of the better sourcebooks for that, and most of that art is filled with somewhat punkish people in normal, everyday environments not too dissimilar from our own, albeit with a bit of AR thrown in. That's what the 2070s are like.

I don't mind the style fo the art at all, other than the fact that she doesn't look at all like an ork save for the feeble attempt to toss in some slightly-larger-than-average lower canines. The actual outfit itself, especially with the assault rifle (and you can dismiss it all you want; she's still toting it around like a fashion accessory), is simply absurd. Especially for anyone who makes their living in the shadows.
JonathanC
I've never seen official Shadowrun art depicting anyone playing Tetris; are we going to argue about the existence of Tetris in the world? SR forked off from our version of Earth around....what? Late 90's? They already had this kind of fashion in Japan by then. If you don't want it in your Seattle, fine. Hell, if you don't want it in canon Seattle, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

But places where Japanese street culture might have a bit more influence? Sure. And if we must go into "ridiculous clothes worn in official artwork", well....

SR3 Core Book:
- The Combat Decker is wearing cyclops glasses, a bright yellow t-shirt, a studded codpiece, and purple lycra bicycle shorts with thick orange socks and Doc Martens.
- The Drone Rigger is wearing an bright orange jumpsuit and Birkenstocks. He also has a goofy smile on his face and is surrounded by drones...way more obvious than a brightly colored assault rifle.
- The Adept is wearing nothing but purple spandex pants, a black belt, and what appear to be diving shoes.
- On page 48, Roweena the rigger (author of the "Elves" section) is wearing Pauldrons, for crissakes. So is Stella for Star, the ork mage illustrated on page 50.
- On the cover, the troll is wearing tiger print leggings, leather boots, a tank top, and a leopard print vest.
- The "Rumble in Redmond" illustration features a pink-mohawk girl wearing something that barely qualifies as pants, a mini tank top, and like a half dozen feathers.

SR4A
- Page 171, there's a woman riding rather improbably on the back of a motorcycle, not holding onto anything, and shooting at nothing in particular while casting a spell. She's dressed in a candy-apple red vinyl bustier with matching pants, matched up with neon green face paint. She is literally the most visible thing in the illustration, and that includes the giant explosion behind her.
- Page 157, there's a guy with shock-white hair standing straight up, dressed in a white bodysuit with an enormous collar that includes some kind of antennae coming up out of the sides to frame his head.
- Just look at the headdress on the street shaman on page 111 and tell me she'll blend into a crowd. Please.
- Ork Hacker on page 105 is wearing a yellow print hoodie matched with red/white track pants. He looks like he was dressed by two different mothers who both hated him.
- Page 72, The ork in the lineup is wearing booties with curled-up toes like a genie, orange print genie pants, a half shirt, two gold chains, and a goddamned orange cape. Oh, and spiked pauldrons. He looks utterly ridiculous next to the rest of the group, who are either dressed in paramilitary gear (dwarf and troll), or some kind of Steampunk dandy outfit (the human and elf).

Let me know if you want more.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Oct 15 2011, 12:22 AM) *
- Page 171, there's a woman riding rather improbably on the back of a motorcycle, not holding onto anything, and shooting at nothing in particular while casting a spell. She's dressed in a candy-apple red vinyl bustier with matching pants, matched up with neon green face paint. She is literally the most visible thing in the illustration, and that includes the giant explosion behind her.

Sorry, just wearing a bright color or two doesn't count. I'm wearing a neon-bright yellow t-shirt right now, but no one would bat an eye if I were walking down Main Street because of it whether I was wearing a jacket over it or not.

- Page 157, there's a guy with shock-white hair standing straight up, dressed in a white bodysuit with an enormous collar that includes some kind of antennae coming up out of the sides to frame his head.

He's falling after a leap of some kind; those are simply laces. And yes, both he and the cyborg-thing would definitely stand out in a crowd. They're not the norm.

- Just look at the headdress on the street shaman on page 111 and tell me she'll blend into a crowd. Please.

What makes you think he wears that on a daily basis? He's clearly performing some kind of ritual. And even if he did, it's not that outlandish in a world where magic has returned.

- Ork Hacker on page 105 is wearing a yellow print hoodie matched with red/white track pants. He looks like he was dressed by two different mothers who both hated him.

Again: A bright color or two does not equal Rainbow fucking Brite with a gay pride assault rifle.

- Page 72, The ork in the lineup is wearing booties with curled-up toes like a genie, orange print genie pants, a half shirt, two gold chains, and a goddamned orange cape. Oh, and spiked pauldrons. He looks utterly ridiculous next to the rest of the group, who are either dressed in paramilitary gear (dwarf and troll), or some kind of Steampunk dandy outfit (the human and elf).

What's that? "He looks uttery ridiculous next to the rest of the group?" If your claims were correct, he'd look absolutely normal, wouldn't he? Not that I agree that he looks ridiculous; at least the colors he's wearing are muted earth tones that can easily get lost in a crowd. He just has a bit of a bizarre fashion sense. Unlike Strawberry Shortcake prancing around like a twit.

Let me know if you want more.

I don't want more. If this was the best you could do, it was pretty pathetic. And, frankly, you're not going to change my mind. The fact that you think that ork is not only normal and acceptable, but a proper outfit for a shadowrunner... well, I'm not even going to bother finishing that sentence.
JonathanC
actually, counting ridiculous outfits in SR art is kinda fun.

Seattle 2072:
- Page 182, we have a female biker wearing nothing but a leather bra with horn nipples and what appear to be armored chaps. Somehow, she is managing to wear just one pauldron, which appears to be magically attached to her bra strap.
- Page 115, we have what I assume is a Desolation Angel dressed in a bra, a miniskirt, and thigh-high socks. Running around in public with a katana and a giant roach leg.
- Page 91, Ork in a brightly colored Hawaiian shirt, disguising himself as a human in a Hawaiian shirt.
- Page 77, dude in a woman's kimono shooting lightning out of his hands.
- Not ridiculous clothing, but page 68 has a female Ork with tiny tusks about the size of the ones in the illustration we were looking at. So apparently tiny tusks are canon? Sad.
- Page 31. Not sure what that thing is, but it's wearing a bikini top made of r ed feathers, and just the sleeves from a red shirt (no actual shirt, just the sleeves).
- Page 29, Female troll with blue dreads, some kind of armored-looking strapless bra, and hip huggers is being lynched to death.

Runner's Companion:
- Club Hopper on page 135 looks like she'd be right at home with a Strawberry Shortcake Ork girl.
- Page 47. Everything they're wearing is ridiculous. I can't even begin. I'm pretty sure the Giant in the bottom panel is just wearing a belt with no pants at all. Yet he still bothers to wear elbow pads and one pauldron. WTF is up with all of these pauldrons? Also, the Oni in the top panel kind of looks like Wario.

Runner Havens, page 124: Not even sure how to describe this. Some kind of billowy skirt and leather strappy bustier on the girl in front, the girl in the back appears to be wearing a body suit made out of leather belts. I'll let this one slide, since I think they're supposed to be hookers.
JonathanC
It's also worth pointing out that Corporate Enclaves has a brief section on the fashion district of Shibuya....so yes, it's canon. There is a place in SR where you can dress that badly and not be laughed out of town.

As for the list of examples....two things:

1. It's not about bright colors; for one thing, the art direction for the official books is "darker", since most of the pictures are supposed to happen at night. Our rainbow Ork is clearly chilling in the daytime, so she'll naturally look brighter.
2. The real point, to me, is how ridiculous the clothing itself is. In a world where studded codpieces, pauldrons, and nipple-spike bras are commonplace, I don't think Strawberry Shortcake is going to turn heads.
Ol' Scratch
Fine.

QUOTE (JonathanC @ Oct 15 2011, 12:46 AM) *
- Page 182, we have a female biker wearing nothing but a leather bra with horn nipples and what appear to be armored chaps. Somehow, she is managing to wear just one pauldron, which appears to be magically attached to her bra strap.

That's a street gang. They're renowned for dressing like idiots. No exception here, and they do stand out. That's the whole point of their idiotic outfits.

- Page 115, we have what I assume is a Desolation Angel dressed in a bra, a miniskirt, and thigh-high socks. Running around in public with a katana and a giant roach leg.

She'd stand out... as someone construction workers would whistle at. She's got a punkish super model look going on. She'd get a few looks, but she wouldn't be a beacon of "shoot me, I look like a twat."

- Page 91, Ork in a brightly colored Hawaiian shirt, disguising himself as a human in a Hawaiian shirt.

You mean the guy at a picnic of some kind, where dressing casually and a little silly is the norm? Once again: A bit of bright colors isn't a game changer. I don't know why you can't process that, or see how this is drastically different than that stupid ork chick.

- Page 77, dude in a woman's kimono shooting lightning out of his hands.

The word you're looking for is "robe." And aside from the lightning shooting out of his hands -- ie, magic -- that's what makes him stand out in a crowd, not what he's wearing which isn't all that odd. Just wielding obvious magic gets people's attention.

- Page 31. Not sure what that thing is, but it's wearing a bikini top made of r ed feathers, and just the sleeves from a red shirt (no actual shirt, just the sleeves).

Uhm, and this is you finding an example of the "norm" of the Sixth World? Or have you completely lost all sensibility of what you're supposed to be doing? You're finding the exceptions, not the rule.

- Page 29, Female troll with blue dreads, some kind of armored-looking strapless bra, and hip huggers is being lynched to death.

You mean the chick who's clearly standing out in the crowd? See the previous response.

And with that one, I'm completely done with this. You can't even stay consistent with yourself ("look, I found a picture where I'm going to say someone looks ridiculous in the crowd, and that somehow proves that he doesn't look ridiculous in the crowd!!!"), let alone stay focused on what you were supposed to be finding.
JonathanC
Honestly, the second list was just me having fun laughing at some of the outfits in the official art. But really....if you can think of this many reasons why people in SR would be dressed ridiculously, doesn't that kind of undercut your argument against the Ork's outfits?
Saint Hallow
I think Orks and Trolls would dress outlandishly because they ARE Orks and Trolls. Someone over 8' feet tall is going to stand out, no matter what color they are wearing. Might as well dress garish & look like you want attention, as you're gonna get it anyway. If you're the airport sec guard, who are you going to pay attention to more? The loud Ork & Troll in Hawaiian shirts talking loud & being obnoxious, or the guy in the shirt & pants trying to avoid eye contact with everyone?
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Oct 14 2011, 10:40 PM) *

I am distinctly happy that at Origins 2011, the Shadowrun Missions Scramble LARP event happened one day BEFORE the political group that rented the ballroom upstairs had their conference. The group that had as a guest speaker the Vice President of the United States. And his small army of Secret Service dudes.

The men in black suits looked stressed enough trying to deal with a convention hall full of gamers. I cannot imagine how they would have reacted to a bunch of guys and gals dressed in paramilitary gear with fairly realistic weapon props.

-k
JonathanC
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 14 2011, 01:55 PM) *
If I suffer, EVERYONE SUFFERS!

Just found this surfing around dA.

Hmm. Upon examining the art again...she has horns. This is an Oni, not an Ork. Oni are supposed to have brightly colored skin and hair.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 14 2011, 08:16 PM) *

Hey.

Hey.

I played a legitimate RPG game (uhh... Dragonstorm, is an RPG-cardgame-RPG) that took place in Ponyville.

Notably the entire party was in agreement on "turn into dragons, set the place on fire, and eat the inhabitants." Although we aborted that plan and ran for the hills when, upon transforming, the entire village went "OH, A DRAAAAGOOON!" and wanted autographs.
Ryu
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 15 2011, 06:08 AM) *
Mental note: Stay in Canada. Those outfits almost blinded me!

Be glad they´ve been posted. The ninja dropbear commandos just got reassigned to get JC instead.
ravensmuse
To start off - dude, this is someone's character. That they're enjoying playing. It's their call on how they want them to dress and act, and honestly, I think anyone critiquing them for that should take a second to examine their own biases.

Secondly, I think this just shows the weird and narrow focus people want to put on Shadowrun. "Black ops and silencers" can be fun, I'll never argue with you over that, but pink mohawk exists. So does cruising the club scene and immersing yourself in subculture, or hanging out with one of the NAN and enjoying the night scene or sneaking through Tokyo or New York to tag a wall with your mark.

Shadowrun is many things; to narrow the focus down to heavy espionage would be boring, I think.

C'mon, in the corebook there's a character dressed in steampunk clothes, which is arguably just as noticable as Shortcake here. Hell, most of the folks depicted in Shadowbeat would have drawn a strange look or two on the streets of Seattle.

Where would Shortcake work? LA. Or working the club scene somewhere. Or Japan (with the appropriate cultural bias, of course). Parts of Europe.

Yet another criticism against Attitude, sorry - but this is what I was expecting from that book. Discussion on the subcultures of the Sixth World. Not having an entire chapter on Dog the Bounty Hunter becoming famous and freaking out over it.

Also, the fact that there was nothing about fashion houses in either Europe or Japan is kind of representative on this. You're telling me that an industry that has the kind of intrigue, backstabbing, and general pettiness that haute couture does has no opportunity for shadowork? Don't agree with that. Or hell, just watch the Devil Wears Parada (avoid the book) and tell me that Miranda Priestly (or her "inspiration", Anna Wintour) wouldn't be the kind of person to hire deniable assets.

Hell, my wife and I were joking last night that the only reason Versace is still around is because Donatella is in bed with the mafia. Which is probably true.

tl;dr: JonathanC - Keep up the good work. You're good peoples.

(I took way too long to write this, and then I went and edited it again)
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Oct 15 2011, 05:04 AM) *
Secondly, I think this just shows the weird and narrow focus people want to put on Shadowrun. "Black ops and silencers" can be fun, I'll never argue with you over that, but pink mohawk exists.

For the love of God.

JohnathanC was the one saying that, apparently, only two forms of characters exist. Either all-black "Matrix" style characters, or this monstrosity of stupidity which is way above and beyond "pink mohawk." And that a van full of guys dressed in black lurking around a secure facility was somehow more suspicious than a van full of heavily armed clubkids lurking around a secure facility. I was the one saying that most runners are closer to the middle of those extremes. He's saying that most runners should look more Strawberry Shortcake here. Which is just absurd.
JonathanC
QUOTE (Ol' Scratch @ Oct 15 2011, 06:04 AM) *
For the love of God.

JohnathanC was the one saying that, apparently, only two forms of characters exist. Either all-black "Matrix" style characters, or this monstrosity of stupidity which is way above and beyond "pink mohawk." And that a van full of guys dressed in black lurking around a secure facility was somehow more suspicious than a van full of heavily armed clubkids lurking around a secure facility. I was the one saying that most runners are closer to the middle of those extremes. He's saying that most runners should look more Strawberry Shortcake here. Which is just absurd.

To be fair, I was talking about what most people play, not what canon Shadowrunners probably look like.

Also, why is this considered above and beyond pink mohawk? She's got brightly colored hair and clothing. She's obviously posing with the gun, so there's no reason to believe she's rolling into Auburn flashing that gun. We've already established that there are people right now who dress like that, as part of a Japanese fashion sub-culture. We've established that there is canon art of people running around in public wearing spiked underwear, so it's not like this is beneath the dignity of a person in the Sixth World..
JonathanC
QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 15 2011, 02:44 AM) *
Be glad they´ve been posted. The ninja dropbear commandos just got reassigned to get JC instead.

What did I do? grinbig.gif
Paul
I'm up front and happy with my bias. I hate the pink Mohawk, and it's not encouraged at my table. Obviously I won't show up at your table and try and tell you what to do, but yeah i think Pink Mohawk is crap and wish they'd stop trying to include it in the game. And since i'm a customer, and I pay for my books yeah I can ask. Now maybe the pink Mohawk crowd spends more than me, so I don't get my way but I'll keep asking.
Miri
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Oct 15 2011, 01:54 AM) *
Hmm. Upon examining the art again...she has horns. This is an Oni, not an Ork. Oni are supposed to have brightly colored skin and hair.

It is an Orc. The person who created the artwork in question said so in the description. For all you know she could be a SURGED character with head horns.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012