Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Legends Supplemental out now!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fatum
People make mistakes all the time; but people making mistakes like the one described do not live to have billions of bounties assigned on their heads.
Besides, having the very same bounties in effect means you're never safe from bounty-hunters...
CanRay
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 3 2012, 12:57 PM) *
People make mistakes all the time; but people making mistakes like the one described do not live to have billions of bounties assigned on their heads.
Besides, having the very same bounties in effect means you're never safe from bounty-hunters...
Can't deny that.

I wonder how many bounty hunter heads Kane has hanging as trophies on his wall? ... Not arguing, just a thought.
Wakshaani
Bounty hunters are mostly skip-tracers, grabbing people who got out on bail and made a run for it. I couldn't tell you the last one who actually hunted down and brought down, say, someone on the FBI's most wanted list or the like.

Guys like Kane are generally brought down by someone in their own crew.
Bull
It's a valid point. One I thought about, even.

Basically, it boils down to a couple things, for me...

1) This is the most salient point for me. This is Shadowrun. In Shadowrun, there is NO way runners would ever get away with most of what they do. They'd certainly never survive more than a short while and a few runs. Between magic, spirit powers such as Search, technomancers and their Resonance "I can find anything that's ever been recorded to the matrix" thing, the omni-present security and camera system, etc, etc, etc. There's no way Shadowrunning is the least bit viable in a world like that.

And yet, we suspend our disbelief enough to allow for it. Because it's more fun that way. The game would suck if you were never able to play more than a couple game sessions before you were inevitably captured. And there's be a LOT fewer runners out there.

2) Kane is pretty cocky. Almost suicidally so. He just doesn't give a frag.

3) However, Kane is also at least partly cautious. Basic cosmetic surgery is something he routinely gets done. Not a ton, he doesn't drastically alter his appearance, but it's just enough to fool facial recognition software.

4) And finally... It never says he didn't have any guards. Just doesn't mention them one way or another. Maybe they were taken out of play by /dev/ and her hired guns. Or bribed to go take a break. Or whatever.

5) It's cool if you still don't like it. I'm not going to be heartbroken. As Patrick mentioned, back after I wrote my first draft we knew immediately that this would be a Love It or Hate It piece. Some would think it was awesome, some would find it stupid or unrealistic. And I'm fine with that, because Shadowrun always walks the line between the two (and usually has one foot on both sides.)

Bull
Paul
I'm probably one of the harshest critics of the Pink Mohawk style of play, and I like Kane. I'll never use him-but he is a fun over the top read, a throw back in my mind to the 80's action movies I loved so much. Now if I were to use him, I'd have a very sinister reason behind his exploits-ever wonder how he gets away? All the time? And always gets pieced back together with all that expensive tech...a lot like he had a corporate or national backer....Naw. Not Kane, that dude's totally against the man...Isn't he?
QUOTE (Paul @ Jan 3 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Now if I were to use him, I'd have a very sinister reason behind his exploits-ever wonder how he gets away? All the time? And always gets pieced back together with all that expensive tech...a lot like he had a corporate or national backer....Naw. Not Kane, that dude's totally against the man...Isn't he?

Yeah, I'd thought that speculation was kind of the point behind the character, but from the 90s to today, the properties have changed hands so much, a lot of what was clearly intentioned for characters earlier has been taken in a very new direction. Doesn't trouble me, because I'll just keep using the old direction, which I prefer, but it does sometimes make for apparent contradictions and oddnesses. [I mean, do you think this is where Caroline Spector was headed when she wrote Scars?
Bull
Heh. Never discount that as an option either. That's the fun thing with seeing things just from certain characters perspectives... We're often only getting one side of the story. For me, I just wanted to go over-the-top crazy 80's, which obviously worked. But as it notes in the fiction even, Kane cuts deals with the corps, playing them against each other. A lot. That could lead to some rather interesting (and sinister) ideas.

Bull
Pepsi Jedi
Read through all but the last two entries last night. Going to sit down here in a bit and read them.

1) I don't really "Like" SlammO! But I like Netcat.... SlammO! Was always the type of prick I hated in school. That being said I LIKE the write up for him. You aren't supposed to like everyone in the world.

2) Bull, I loved Kane's write up. It was totally fitting in my view. Kane didn't have tons of guards.. because.. he's KANE. He doesn't need big bullies watching his back. He watches his own back. Had someone really TRIED to capture him, he'd have done some damage and taken them out. Or paid them off. Ect. It never got "That far" due to the nature of the story. Heck he was playing cards with a Senator. HE had guards, you can be sure. And as pointed out, this IS explained at least partially in the story itself. How he plays sides off them middle and can call in favors or blackmail threats all around the board.

3) I love Dev. Always have liked her, even though I "understand" why some don't. I love her. She's great. Bull you have to do HER write up for the next one. You 'took her over' with the Kane thing... now it's on you to get her right when she gets her own one.

Good work man. That one was easily my fave of the book.

I liked many of the others. Street Rage was a good write up. Hard Exit too. I liked this one.

Sometimes when you spend $8 on 45 pages you kinda bite your lip and go "Wow. I just spent 8 bucks on 45 pages of an Ebook.. that's steep as hell"

This one.... -Worth it-. I got every cent of my money out of this one.

Good job to all the writers here.
QUOTE (Bull @ Jan 3 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Heh. Never discount that as an option either.

For old-timers it sucks, but it's totally natural, and if it didn't happen, the game would quickly get stale and insular. Ideally, old ideas would be brought to their chosen completion while whole new ideas are brought to the fore, and it's actually amazing how well SR has managed to succeed at doing this, despite all the hand-changing and talent-rotation. But, yeah, it's hard to look back at some choice Jordan Weisman made 20 years ago that even he doesn't remember the reason for, and try to keep following it wherever it was headed.

One of the major barriers seems to be that a huge amount of smaller metaplot information was simply never recorded, because who writes down every idea they offhandedly write into their book, just on the off chance that someone will need to see it through in 20 years? [I'm told this has gotten much better over the years, though; I don't think early writers really thought it'd last this long, or if it did, that someone else would be doing the writing. smile.gif ] When Earthdawn was changing hands, we ran down Lou Prosperi [currently the documentation manager for fucking Oracle, so not exactly someone who doesn't know how to take notes! - and just wrung him dry of everything he'd ever thought of but never written down. It still took months.

Besides, a lot of new writers haven't even read all the old material, 'cause why would they? But if Nigel - what is this, old school name-dropping day or something? I'm weird - drops some hint in some paragraph of NAN2, some asshole like me is going to expect some writer who wasn't even born when the book was written to see it through to its logical conclusion. biggrin.gif Of course, that's because some asshole like me would have written it all down just in case, but will they make me the doc manager at Oracle? Nooo.
Bull
Oh, agreed.

Hell, I've READ all the books, but some of them I haven't even looked at in over a decade. I certainly don't remember every hook and detail. I never had a complete collection to start with, and Over the last 12 years or so I went through two "purges" right before a move, and foolishly got rid of a lot of older books that I did have. I'ev recently rectified that, thanks to someone on Dumpshock here who was doing their own purge, so I have a pretty close to complete collection of SR1 and 2 material, and most of SR3.

When I first started working on Kane, I did a LOT of research. I was actually surprised that his first appearance went as far back as the original Shadowrun Companion for SR2. Which is the only place his motivation for being such a corporate antagonist is ever explained, and is the only place Kat is mentioned until VIce, where she comes up again (and is apparently back with Kane again). So I spent a long time pouring through books to find every reference I could so that I didn't miss or contradict anything.

PDFs help this a LOT, but sadly we still don't have everything available. That's another side project I'm working on correcting. But research is really important, especially in this day and age, because you nerds really do remember everything. And lord knows, someone will call us on it when we make a mistake smile.gif

What's interesting is that there is a lot of stuff in the backstory that there were never any plans made for a followup to. Writers did (and we still do, honestly) write in hooks just to leave plot hooks there. Pretty much anything from Dunklezahn's Will, for example, that wasn't dealt with already? No planned story. they were just there because folks thought they sounded good. Heck, half the will items that were dealt with were stories that were created after the fact. Steve Kenson, Mike Mulvihill, and some other spent a weekend at one of the old FASA Summits working on the ideas behind Dunkies Death, the Will, and the immediate fallout, and sat around making up line items to fill out the Will.

These days, we're better about keeping communication about stuff. Even when i don;t have an immediate hook or plot for something I drop into material, I'll usually post to the freelance group about it with some thoughts, suggestions, and ideas. I may never touch it, but it's there in case someone else wants to run with it. We also have some other backend record keeping to help with things.

Bull
snowRaven
...aaaaand then there's computer crashes, house fires, apartments with the 'Gnomes Under The Floor Boards II' Quality, pissed off freelancers who leave and don't want their plans to be 'stolen' by others, line developers who say 'no' to what people originally intended, etc, etc...

But I agree.

There are A LOT of things in SR that I would have liked the writers to see through to the end, or be faithful to, etc. Sometimes I really like the new take on things, and other times I don't like it.

Oh, and Patrick - 'Another Rainy Night' wouldn't happen to be your piece, would it? wink.gif
Paul
Resolution of some story lines would be a lot of fun for me.
Grinder
QUOTE (3278 @ Jan 3 2012, 10:39 PM) *
Besides, a lot of new writers haven't even read all the old material, 'cause why would they?

It's because of this research thing (like Bull did for his work) and something I expect every author who gets paid for his work to do.
Fatum
QUOTE (3278 @ Jan 4 2012, 01:39 AM) *
Besides, a lot of new writers haven't even read all the old material, 'cause why would they?
Uhhh I don't know how to put it mildly, but don't you think being aware of the previously established setting info is somewhat a prerequisite to becoming a decent pnp writer?
Otherwise, you get the peculiarities we've come to expect from CGL books of late, like taxis with metahuman drivers in a world where dogbrains are omnipresent and such.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (snowRaven @ Jan 3 2012, 03:56 PM) *
Oh, and Patrick - 'Another Rainy Night' wouldn't happen to be your piece, would it? wink.gif

Yes. Yes, it would. Hopefully people will like it and I'll get to write some of the other stories connected with it.
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 3 2012, 04:06 PM) *
Uhhh I don't know how to put it mildly, but don't you think being aware of the previously established setting info is somewhat a prerequisite to becoming a decent pnp writer?

There have been rather a number of set-tos over this very subject. I think things are getting better in that regard, but it's clearly an ongoing thing.
Otherwise, you get the peculiarities we've come to expect from CGL books of late, like taxis with metahuman drivers in a world where dogbrains are omnipresent and such.

Errrrr...manned taxis, even with dogbrained vehicles, have been an SR staple since the beginning.
Bull
Indeed. Certain areas will have unmanned taxis, but those will be for tight, contained, high-population areas with the most up-to-date software and hardware. There are still places GridGuide and the like can't handle, and dog-brains are not fool-proof. Otherwisew e wouldn't need riggers at all anymore smile.gif

Bull
hobgoblin
Also, who says the taxi is registered as such? wink.gif

If your out in the deep end of things, the taxi may be anyone "owning" something that can be driven around and that is willing to bring you somewhere if payed.
QUOTE (Bull @ Jan 3 2012, 09:56 PM) *
I'ev recently rectified that, thanks to someone on Dumpshock here who was doing their own purge, so I have a pretty close to complete collection of SR1 and 2 material, and most of SR3.

Hell, we have every book, and half the time it still doesn't help. smile.gif There's just such a volume of material, spanning two games and 20 years, that it's impossible to remember it all, much less the intentions that went into it. That said, if I can finish scanning everything we have, at least I'll be able to do full-text searches of everything, which makes it a lot easier.

QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 3 2012, 10:06 PM) *

I absolutely do. I wasn't speaking from my perspective as a consumer or producer: I was speaking from the perspective of a freelancer who might not be as serious about professionalism or setting-completionism as you, or Grinder, or myself. I was in no way suggesting it was a good idea, or something I endorse: if I haven't been clear, I value research, um, highly. [Seriously, was this somehow in doubt? smile.gif ] My point was just that not everyone does.
Error
Curse you all! Now I have something else that I have to buy. ARGH!
Mister Shed
I really enjoyed it a lot. Count me in the camp of folks who loved the Kane writeup and while I wasn't too fond of the tone of the Slamm-o writeup, the last few bits made it for me.

For the next one (there will be a next one, right?) I'd really like to see writeups for /dev/grrl, Clockwork, and Netcat. Clockwork especially so I can convince my GM to put him in a game for me to shoot in the face. grinbig.gif
Fatum
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jan 4 2012, 02:52 AM) *
Errrrr...manned taxis, even with dogbrained vehicles, have been an SR staple since the beginning.
Wasn't that in the previous editions, where you needed some ridiculously high pilot rating for the vehicle to actually drive itself?

QUOTE (3278 @ Jan 4 2012, 03:21 AM) *
I absolutely do. I wasn't speaking from my perspective as a consumer or producer: I was speaking from the perspective of a freelancer who might not be as serious about professionalism or setting-completionism as you, or Grinder, or myself. I was in no way suggesting it was a good idea, or something I endorse: if I haven't been clear, I value research, um, highly. [Seriously, was this somehow in doubt? smile.gif ] My point was just that not everyone does.
I'm obviously not in the know on how the whole publishing biz goes, but shouldn't there be some mechanism in place that'd filter that kind of contributions out?
Fatum
QUOTE (Mister Shed @ Jan 4 2012, 03:51 AM) *
For the next one (there will be a next one, right?) I'd really like to see writeups for /dev/grrl, Clockwork, and Netcat. Clockwork especially so I can convince my GM to put him in a game for me to shoot in the face. grinbig.gif
Just browse through our technomancer fluff discussions around here, you'll see that Clockwork is right about everything! Everything!
naga-nuyen
Wow, okay I have to say this is one of my favorite realeases so far. Kane's write up was fun and done well. I also like Mrs ONI, Hard exit..... Well I like all the ones I have read.

I have a couple of questions on stats:

1) knight social skills do not reflect the fact he is labeled in SR4A skill chart as having legendary (rank 7) social skills. If we wanted to increase them, which one should we add 1 too.

2) ONI has an unarmed skill of 8 with no aptitude or reflex recorder. Should it be with aptitude 7 then +1 for reflex recorder?

Looking at ONI, I would drop her muscle toner down to 2 and add a reflex recorder: she has agility 5 with max being 7 so the muscle toner three is not needed. Heck she has two skills from that group(blades and unarmed) she could add a group reflex recorder and no change to her ESS.
Bull
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 3 2012, 06:51 PM) *
I'm obviously not in the know on how the whole publishing biz goes, but shouldn't there be some mechanism in place that'd filter that kind of contributions out?

The problem boils down to the fact that not everyone has been playing since 1st edition, and not everyone has access to all the books. Plus not everything is in PDF. Like I said, it's something we're trying to fix, but it often comes down to needing to find and buy a copy of an old, out of print book to have scanned in, which will destroy the book in the process (The books are usually stripped of their spine before being scanned, when we have it done professionally by DriveThru. So while some of us have a copy of the book... We're not quite willing to donate it knowing we won't get it back.)

For a little while, after Adam and others left, we were short on active freelancers who were familiar with the older material. With myself taking a much more active role, and older freelancers like Patrick getting back involved, and folks like Critias coming on board, things have been slowly improving, because we make it a point to try and read over material and catch the gaffes.

They still happen, simply because, as 32 points out, Shadowrun just has such an enormous history to it. Even with PDF searches and multiple folks reading and critiquing and helping to research, things simply get missed. But we're whittling down on how many of these there are, and catching the more flagrant ones.

Bull
Mister Shed
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 3 2012, 05:52 PM) *
Just browse through our technomancer fluff discussions around here, you'll see that Clockwork is right about everything! Everything!

It's not because he has a problem with technomancers (not too hot on them myself). It's because he comes across as a huge jackass who needs a good infusion of EX-EX surgically administered at a high velocity.
CanRay
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 3 2012, 07:52 PM) *
Hey, I'm the Plan 9 Expy around here!
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 4 2012, 12:51 AM) *

There are mechanisms in every industry for weeding out the incompetent, the lazy, the apathetic, and the ignorant. Their efficacy varies.
CanRay
QUOTE (3278 @ Jan 3 2012, 08:53 PM) *
There are mechanisms in every industry for weeding out the incompetent, the lazy, the apathetic, and the ignorant. Their efficacy varies.
You mean "The Dilbert Principle".
Grinder
QUOTE (Bull @ Jan 4 2012, 01:27 AM) *
They still happen, simply because, as 32 points out, Shadowrun just has such an enormous history to it. Even with PDF searches and multiple folks reading and critiquing and helping to research, things simply get missed. But we're whittling down on how many of these there are, and catching the more flagrant ones.

For those times when a newbie freelancer is able to fuck-up a text (because of his poor knowledge of canon), shouldn't there an editor and/ or Line Developer take note and stop him/ assist him/ edit the flawed text?

Grinder
QUOTE (3278 @ Jan 4 2012, 12:21 AM) *

Fuck people who do their stuff half-assed, including freelance writers who skip the research part for whatever reasons.
Fatum
Suddenly, this thread got all at once much more German :3
Patrick Goodman
And it was really rather pleasant up to this point....
Wakshaani
I'm in an odd position, since I was *deep* in for 1st and most of 2nd, but fell off in 3rd when the local games all died.Painfully few crawled to 4th, which is when I started getting back in, so, I have a gap that's being fille dup and I'm *rusty* on the old stuff. A lot of it I know in a general sense, but on specifics, not so much.

Luckily, I have GOBS of the books. I'd say 95% of all released books are in my house right now. (Er. Discounting the novels. HUGE gap there, and there's some big stuff there, like the backstory of the Crash Virus, the Crashcart Incident, and a few other things which are, well ... big. I'm utterly ignorant on that side of things.)

I'm planning on taking a week's vacation in a month or two that will be filled up with re-reading the old stuff. Like, ALL of it. Take some notes while my brain throbs. It ... is going to hurt me. It's going to hurt me BAD. But in a good way.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jan 3 2012, 10:59 PM) *
I'm in an odd position, since I was *deep* in for 1st and most of 2nd, but fell off in 3rd when the local games all died.Painfully few crawled to 4th, which is when I started getting back in, so, I have a gap that's being fille dup and I'm *rusty* on the old stuff. A lot of it I know in a general sense, but on specifics, not so much.

Luckily, I have GOBS of the books. I'd say 95% of all released books are in my house right now. (Er. Discounting the novels. HUGE gap there, and there's some big stuff there, like the backstory of the Crash Virus, the Crashcart Incident, and a few other things which are, well ... big. I'm utterly ignorant on that side of things.)

I'm planning on taking a week's vacation in a month or two that will be filled up with re-reading the old stuff. Like, ALL of it. Take some notes while my brain throbs. It ... is going to hurt me. It's going to hurt me BAD. But in a good way.

I'm kinda the same way. I was into 1st and 2nd.. but fell off for other games for 3 and start of 4th, but got back into it and have picked up probably 95% of the books. I just have to find time to read 50 Shadowrun books. lol

I'm more up on the 'modern' stuff though.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (naga-nuyen @ Jan 3 2012, 04:00 PM) *
ONI has an unarmed skill of 8 with no aptitude or reflex recorder. Should it be with aptitude 7 then +1 for reflex recorder?

This is a thing that ticks me off. Stat blocks must be written with knowledge of the rules!

A skill level of 8 is impossible for a (meta)human. Period. If Mihoshi Oni had the augmentations to raise her skill to that level then it would be required to read as "Unarmed Combat 6 ( 8 ) ."

Also, she has a charisma of 6. She completely lacks the qualities and augmentations to make this happen.

Just...
GRRRRRR!

I don't know who wrote this one and I would be pleased to be proven rules ignorant in this somehow (please, somebody...anybody!), but FIX IT! Officially!
Udoshi
I read this book recently, and i have to say, I rather like the fluff and the stories.

But buttercups stats were clearly written by someone with absolutely no knowledge of the free spirit rules. She should pretty clearly be both possession and materialization, shouldn't she? This IS possible under the free spirit rules in street magic. The backstory about appearing as an heiress and being bound to craig sanchez would seem to support going both ways. Even small things like not having mental stats = force, being short metamagics, or the aforementioned summoning/binding.(really?)
Pepsi Jedi
Pretty sure that buttercup is one of those 'outside the rules' things. She does what she does because she's buttercup and that's how she rolls, yo!
Grinder
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jan 4 2012, 04:52 AM) *
And it was really rather pleasant up to this point....

Maybe I shouldn't have posted in the middle of the night, shortly before leaving for work. But even if my words are rude, my message is clear: everyone who's writing for a game needs to do research.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jan 4 2012, 01:24 AM) *
I read this book recently, and i have to say, I rather like the fluff and the stories.

But buttercups stats were clearly written by someone with absolutely no knowledge of the free spirit rules. She should pretty clearly be both possession and materialization, shouldn't she? This IS possible under the free spirit rules in street magic. The backstory about appearing as an heiress and being bound to craig sanchez would seem to support going both ways. Even small things like not having mental stats = force, being short metamagics, or the aforementioned summoning/binding.(really?)

Craig Sanchez! I was trying to remember his name the other day, thank you!

That one, by the by, was against her will. Dunk bound her to Sanchez's body for a year, to teach her humility and to give her an understanding of what it was like to be a metahuman. Aside from forcing her to ride him, she's never been shown to possess anyone, so materialization alone would seem to be the power of choice here. As for what she did to get punished like this, well, that'd be an interesting story, wouldn't it?
Sengir
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 4 2012, 04:43 AM) *
Suddenly, this thread got all at once much more German :3

If Europe needs to become more German, why shouldn't Shadowrun? nyahnyah.gif

Regarding the whole taxi thing, I always considered the street-smart cabby to be part of the setting. However, a manned taxi is not exactly SOTA and as such would have been better suited for the long-awaited "totally average vehicles" E-book...
Fatum
QUOTE (Sengir @ Jan 4 2012, 03:45 PM) *
If Europe needs to become more German, why shouldn't Shadowrun? nyahnyah.gif
Last time Europe became more German, that wasn't all that great.
Besides, Shadowrun is too German already, what with, what, four German-exclusive sourcebooks and an adventure book, was it?

QUOTE (Sengir @ Jan 4 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Regarding the whole taxi thing, I always considered the street-smart cabby to be part of the setting. However, a manned taxi is not exactly SOTA and as such would have been better suited for the long-awaited "totally average vehicles" E-book...
Minding that even Pilot 1 vehicles are now capable of piloting themselves, I'd expect manned taxis to be used in the same circles where other metahuman servants are found.
snowRaven
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 4 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Besides, Shadowrun is too German already, what with, what, four German-exclusive sourcebooks and an adventure book, was it?

More than that...

From what I know and have come to understand;

- extra chapter in Runner Havens (with a different French version)

- extra stuff in Arsenal

- extra stuff in Augmentation

- extras in Street Legends *(NOTE: this isn't out, so I may be wrong here, but it's what I've heard)

- extra chapter in Ghost Cartels (plus a CD...) (possibly a different French version - not sure though)

- extra chapter in Emergence

- extra chapter in Corporate Guide

- extra chapter in Corporate Enclaves

- extras in Spy Games

- extra chapter in War! (plus the MilSpec Tech pdf in full color)

Then there's ther german-only 'S.O.X.' (with a different French version), 'München Noir', 'Blut and Spiele' (massive adventure/sourcebook about urban brawl), 'Berlin', 'Rhein-Ruhr Megaplex', and the german 'Sixth World Almanac'. Also, some official german only missions/convention-type stuff.

Then there's all of the german-only stuff for previous editions, and the german-only novels...
Paul
Having read some of the German stuff, they're welcome to keep it. Now back on topic. Has anyone read the entry on Anne Ravenheart?
Sengir
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 4 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Last time Europe became more German, that wasn't all that great.

And how must that sound to a Brit? biggrin.gif

Minding that even Pilot 1 vehicles are now capable of piloting themselves, I'd expect manned taxis to be used in the same circles where other metahuman servants are found.

Look ma, I can afford a real taxi!
And then there's the weird reaction most people have to everything old-fashioned, handmade and somehow not artifical...
CanRay
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jan 4 2012, 05:46 AM) *
Maybe I shouldn't have posted in the middle of the night, shortly before leaving for work. But even if my words are rude, my message is clear: everyone who's writing for a game needs to do research.
No denying that.
snowRaven
QUOTE (Paul @ Jan 4 2012, 05:41 PM) *
Having read some of the German stuff, they're welcome to keep it. Now back on topic. Has anyone read the entry on Anne Ravenheart?

Yeah, the older German stuff is often crap...some of the newer stuff is quite interesting though.

Anne Ravenheart:
I haven't read all of it yet, but there's some interesting stuff there it seems.
Mäx
Gotta add my voice to those praising the Kane entry, dev/ jumped very high on my favourite character list.
hobgoblin
On the topic of walking into somewhere with a Ares Alpha. I suspect there are places in SR where overt carry provides a better defense than covert carry. And a place Kane would hang out is likely to be the latter.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (snowRaven @ Jan 3 2012, 01:04 AM) *
Slamm-O! - The art feels kinda off...not what I expected for him. It kind of makes sense though, but I'm not sure...it might grow on me. I was expecting Netcat to do the right up, but Clockwork has an interesting voice for this one. Well done!

Funny thing is, if one compare the vitals for Slamm-o with those for Knight, they are basically the same. Yet Knight looks like a man that knows to take care off himself.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 4 2012, 04:27 PM) *
On the topic of walking into somewhere with a Ares Alpha. I suspect there are places in SR where overt carry provides a better defense than covert carry. And a place Kane would hang out is likely to be the latter.

The way I saw it was, the Shadowrun team that she hired on entered and pretty much covered the room, then she strolled between them and up behind Kane who was half in the bag and turned to see the lil elf school girl with the gun pointed at him.

Still love it. I can just see her sucking on a lollipop as she did so, and pulling it out of her jammy lips and grinning. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012