Full Version: Cyberskulls and capacity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Stahlseele
Why?
Cyber-Implant NERF-Minigun.
Who says a Troll has to grow up if he does not want to? ^^
Yerameyahu
I chalk the lack of restrictions up the high abstractness of the system; there are no hit locations, and there are no storage/capacity locations. (I did suggest, though, that skull/torso not be allowed any Capacity mods besides armor.)
snowRaven
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 17 2012, 11:46 PM) *
Seems they really nerfed the Skull in 4th eh? O.o
Was there no room to include:"negates called shot damage bonus"?

Well, previously you got an increased damage level by aiming for 'the head'

In SR4 you can get +1-4 damage by aiming for any sensitive spot. So, if cyberskulls negate 'headshots' everyone just says they aim for the heart...bonus void.
Saint Sithney
Why not lower the DV for a Called Shot for Damage by 1 for a Cyberskull and 1 for a Cybertorso? Then the best a shooter can do is +2DV at -4 dice if a target has both or +3DV for -4 dice if the target has one. Not an overwhelming advantage, just a touch of rules bloat.

Honestly though, cybermonsters don't particularly need more help to be bulletproof when they can have ~50 soak dice w/o much trouble...
Stahlseele
Under SR3, a called shot did +1 Damage Level (meaning from light to moderate, from moderate to serious or from serious to deadly). And the Skull negated this, if the called shot went to the Head.
So i'd give the same to the Skull in SR4 too. If you aim for +4 Damage against the head, because it's harder to armor, then the Skull negates +4 DV from the called shot to the head . . *
If you aim for +4 Damage to the nuts, you had better have . . well . . i'm not actually sure what you'd need in this case, but you'd probably want something like a car in between to be sure ^^

The SR3 Skull was actually pretty usefull in this regard. In addition, if you had the eye-covers giving armor, you made your head the worst target possible.
Also, for a close combat attack, you got +1 power level (the number, best analogue being the DV in SR4) for each cyber-limb. So yes, Head-Butt worked wonders with this one.
And the Intimidation Bonus on the obvious one.

*this could be expanded for each full limb only, not partial ones, but eh, it was only to make the skull worth taking . . even back then . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012