Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transgenics and Bioware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
… You could do that, but that's not what my opinion is, TJ. smile.gif I said, given that opinion, house rules are required.

I said nothing about whether it's a good opinion, an important feature, etc., and it's not any size of an issue for me. There are mods for which I think it would make sense, nothing more.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 14 2012, 12:45 PM) *
… You could do that, but that's not what my opinion is, TJ. smile.gif I said, given that opinion, house rules are required.

I said nothing about whether it's a good opinion, an important feature, etc., and it's not any size of an issue for me. There are mods for which I think it would make sense, nothing more.

No worries, Yerameyahu. smile.gif
I agree that there are Augmentations that it would make sense to do so in that way. Though I would say the text is quite clear on the matter. smile.gif
Yerameyahu
Indeed; I spent the whole thread arguing that point. wink.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 14 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Indeed; I spent the whole thread arguing that point. wink.gif

I got confused, apparently. No Worries. smile.gif
snowRaven
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 14 2012, 08:36 PM) *
You don't pay the difference, you buy the new rating). The only things that do not work that way, effectively, are Skill or Stat Increases, they are incremental.

Unless of course it's skillsofts or stat augmentations =)

(I know: superfluous comment - just enhancing your point)
HentaiZonga
I've always used a simple house rule regarding transgenic bioware:

"Transgenic Bioware" is precisely the same thing as Delta-grade Bioware.

As in, all Delta-grade Bioware is effectively a transgenic treatment that causes your body to grow the 'ware itself.

Thus, there are no weird rules necessary for determining what you can get with Transgenic Bioware, what it costs, or how much Essence you lose, since it's just another (more precise) word for Delta-grade Bioware.
Yerameyahu
That is very weird. It *does* solve the problem, in the same way amputation solves a hangnail. biggrin.gif It also means you have to ignore the 'animal features' bit Mäx was noting, and allow Genetic Heritage to give people deltaware (or just specifically disallow it, of course).
snowRaven
Yeah. By default, Transgenic alterations introduce animal genes to alter the human body. Delta grade is grown directly from the human body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012