Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [ooc] Thist Land is Our Land
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Scarecrow
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Jul 30 2012, 02:00 PM) *
Ah, so that's what we're waiting on. I figured it was just Scarecrow trying to figure out what to do with my awesome negotiation rolls, which were totally worth edging. smile.gif

No, I've known since you rolled them what's gonna happen. I just have a tendency to allow all players to post before moving on (unless the situation calls for something else). In this case, I knew CZ was going to be gone until this morning, so I wanted to give him the chance to post. And Leigh also needs to post.

Although, this is as good a time as any to put this out there: I will never go longer than 7 days since my last post before I post again. That is, if I'm waiting on players to post, and we hit 7 days since my last in-game post, I will go ahead and throw a GM post out there and then try to find out why said player didn't post. Just a standard rule that I've used for as long as I can remember.

That said, we aren't in danger of that yet. biggrin.gif
Scarecrow
PM sent to LeighFox that we are waiting on his post to continue. If no response by tomorrow morning, we'll move ahead.
ChromeZephyr
Charisma 2 is hard for me to role-play, so I'm going with "sometimes talks before his brain can stop the words coming out." That seem right to everyone, or am I understating what a less-than-average Charisma stat is?
LeighFox
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posting the last 4-5 days. Weekend was bad (personal issues) and then sunday a virus ate my system drive.. Ive spent much of the last 48 hours fixing it, or getting caught up on sleep. >.>
taeksosin
@CZ: Seems like a decent way to play it to me. It's that, or you have horrendous BO, bad breath, etc. Dunno about you, but I'd prefer the mouth starts writing checks that the brain realizes afterwards it can't cash style.
Thanee
Low Cha can also mean, that the character is shy and introverted.

Bye
Thanee
ChromeZephyr
Heh, shy and introverted people don't survive basic training from what I've seen. wink.gif I'll go with running-the-mouth, then.
Thanee
Yeah, probably not too fitting. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
Just waiting on JohnnyTenpins (Nitwit) to post.
Thanee
Data Search added to my last post.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Question about Extended Tests. How are we doing those?

As normal (you can do as many as you want, if you do not glitch), or reduce dice pool by 1 for each additional test?

Scarlet will, of course, continue the search... it's not like it takes a lot of time. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
Extended tests will be done as normal, with one caveat. You can continue to do them provided you do not Glitch, but you cannot include more than 1 roll for an extended test in any one post. Doing it that way will allow time (in game, anyhow) move along at the same pace, with everyone flowing along nicely.
Thanee
Ok. Then I have my post ready for the second roll already. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Second roll added.

That is something that is really fiddly with the smartphone, so I was holding that one back until I am home. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Nice.

Is that ZeroHours a physical location?

I assume Screech is some kind of bar or club?

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
As I indicated in a previous GM post, ZeroHour is a website/forum. Screech is a physical location, or so you'd assume based on the context of the post.
Thanee
Ok, thanks! smile.gif

Adding a Data Search roll to my last post to find out more about Screech.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
... what is the timestamp of that post?

Handing that question over to the GM. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
Sorry that I forgot that in the IC thread. I'll give that answer when I do my next GM post. We're waiting on three characters (Bastet, Moo, Ocho) to post, or Tuesday, whichever happens first. smile.gif
Scarecrow
7 days since last GM post, and 3 players did not post. I'm assuming you were sitting there, waiting for the hacker to fill you in on what she found in the matrix. If that's the case, and this went too slow for you, please let me know so in the future we can work something out so everyone is engaged.
ChromeZephyr
No, sorry, I had an unexpected internet outage at home and I'm taking some time off of work. Working on post now.
taeksosin
Apologies, sick kiddo since Thursday. Pacing is fine. Will post appropriately later today.
Scarecrow
It's all good. Just wanted to make sure what the problems were, and they were RL stuff, so it's not a problem.
faultline
Bummer looks like you lost one, and so early too. Do you need someone to fill the hole, or do you already have a waiting list?
Scarecrow
I don't have a waiting list, and I don't have someone to fill in the hole. However, this game is about the group as a whole, so...

CURRENT PLAYERS: How do you feel about allowing fault line to join the game? If the majority says it's ok, then we'll invite him. Just post if you are in favor or not. Me, personally - I'm in favor of him joining. The more the merrier, right?
Thanee
No problem with me. Let him join! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
johnnytenpins
I don't mind, bring him in.
taeksosin
Who am I to deny running in the shadows to someone else if we can fit them in? Welcome aboard, hope you're awesome smile.gif
Scarecrow
Well, faultline, the tribe has spoken. Go over to Obsidian Portal and create an account, and then PM me once you have done so so I can invite you to the game. I'll figure a way to get you introduced.
taeksosin
I vote as a guard for Nabo who's not getting paid enough to take his drek. smile.gif
faultline
Thanks everyone, I've already made an account over at obsidian Portal, and sent a PM to Scarecrow, now just to work on the character.

BTW is there any any type of character you need to fill in any gaps, or is anything ok?
taeksosin
We have a hacker (Scarlet/Thanee), mojo (Ocho/ChromeZephyr), a sneaky melee adept guy (johnnytenpins/Nitwit), and the face primary/meatshield second (Moo/me). Suppose we could use a dedicated shooter/whatever secondary? Of course, you can shoot in SOOOO many ways.
Thanee
Here you can see the current characters.

We have a Minotaur Adept Face with decent combat ability ("tank"),
an Elf Adept Ninja with a focus on stealth and close combat,
an Ork Mage with mostly combat-oriented spells,
and a Human Hacker with good combat ability.

So, a pretty well-rounded group still. And quite combat-capable, so I don't know if we really need a dedicated combat character here (it's also a pretty narrow concept).

If you want to add something, that is not really present, a Rigger might be something to think about (if that is your cup of tea).

In general, though, I would say just do what you like (maybe try to make a non-awakened char, as we already have three of those). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
faultline
Hmmm adept gunbunny/wheelman maybe? If I get the chance I'll try to get some preliminary work done with stats/skills here at work they're easy to remember, its everything else that I need acces to my books for.
Scarecrow
Faultline, I have sent you an invite on Obsidian Portal. Once you accept the invite, read through the character creation rules, create a character, and then post him. Then let me know so I can review and approve.
ChromeZephyr
Yeesh, I turn away for a couple days and it all goes pear-shaped. wink.gif Welcome to the group, faultline. A wheelman would be a good idea. Maybe a heavy drone or two?
Scarecrow
I'm really liking the dialogue taking place. Lots of good ideas and such. Plenty of ways for me to screw you over...

Oops - did I say that out loud? biggrin.gif
faultline
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update for you, my character should be up later tonight for Scarecrow's review, been fiddling with two variations on the same character, one as an adept, and one cybered...cybered seems to be winning (expensive though), working on weapons and gear selection then we'll see if it all passes inspection.

Make that sometime today, in all my haste to leave work yesterday I left the flash drive at work.

Crash smile.gif is up and awaiting review, would have been up earlier if Chummer wouldn't have given me a hard time fixing some things I noticed were missing, I'm blaming it on my work computers.
Scarecrow
Crash looks really good. Will have to give another review when I'm at home and can look at somet things in Chummer, but as far as I can tell at first glance he's good to go.

Waiting on the current group to actually state what they are doing at this point. I know where Crash is going to be introduced, so be patient faultline - your time is coming.
Thanee
@Scarecrow: Sorry, that probably wasn't too clear in my post... I was mostly searching for the requested on-stage-footage of Nabo. smile.gif

But I guess that works, too, since I had to make that search as well... I will just roll another for Nabo and add it to my last post.

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
Yeah, I saw in one of your earlier posts that you were going to do a search for the venue floor plan, and I know that someone mentioned video footage, but your post wasn't clear so I assumed (wrongfully on my part, and for that I apologize) that you were going after the venue floor plan. I will update my post for the video footage.
Thanee
Don't worry, I should have made it more clear what the roll is for. New roll has been added to the last post.

Oh, and why should we contact some random person on some random site to help us with a shadowrun? Uhm... biggrin.gif

I mean we (the players) know that Crash is also a shadowrunner, but we (the characters) wouldn't have a serious reason (apart from the fact, that we are not the ones paying the money for this job) to contact him.

Maybe we could send a message to Mr. J about the team member that left... that would probably make a bit more sense. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
I threw his name out there because it was mentioned in-game that finding a wheelman might be an avenue. That's the only reason you even saw that post on ZeroHour. You don't have to act on it as I can introduce him in several spots.
faultline
Its all cool, just waiting to join the fun

NP on the Chummer check he should come out fine seeing as I built him with it multiple times, primarily because he was the first character I've made with it and was getting used to the way Chummer works but mostly because I doubted the math it was throwing back at me in a few places until i went back and checked a few rules and realized it was my math was bad.
Thanee
Got nothing against getting you to play quickly... I just find it a little weird, heh. smile.gif

I'm gonna make a post, where Scarlet informs the Johnson, then things should fall into place.

Bye
Thanee
ChromeZephyr
Scarecrow, I'm obviously planning on having Ocho head to The Pitch after the meet. Should I have the in-transit post stop at the CAS/UCAS border, or should I just write some fluff about it and end up at the bar? This will be after Scarlet passes on the info about the Fangs, of course.
Scarecrow
Good question. We don't need to role-play it at this point, but in the future we may have to due to the nature of border crossings.
Thanee
You could use the rules for border crossings from the Denver Missions for quick resolution (in case there is nothing important to do).

Crossing Borders

As a city of 4 nations, getting around Denver can be tricky business. Sometimes a coyote contact can help the team across a border. Other times a border crossing may be an integral part of the adventure. Often, however, crossing the border is just a minor step in completing the run and part of another "day in the life."

To quickly simulate a border crossing, have all characters make a quick test of Fake SIN Rating + Charisma + Etiquette. Threshold on the test is 1 (or maybe 2).

On a failure, the PC will need to pay a 300¥ bribe to get across safely. If the PC glitches, the passage ends up taking longer than intended, and the character needs to spend 300¥ on a bribe. On a critical glitch, the PC loses one piece of forbidden or restricted gear, and must spend 500¥ on a bribe.

If the whole party is attempting to cross as a group, use a Teamwork test for the border crossing. In the event of a glitch or critical glitch, all players will suffer
the previously mentioned consequences.

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
I'm aware of the rules as I have Season 2 (which is why we are in Denver, but I don't want to spoil the fun yet). At this point, crossing the border isn't a major plot point, and I'm going to assume that as long as he is just going to The Pitch, things are ok. I also don't want to slow down the game with a simple border crossing at this point.

Later in the game....well, that's a different story. But at the moment, you guys haven't done enough stuff to warrant making you try to cross the border and get screwed.
ChromeZephyr
Groovy, I'll just write it up, then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012