Full Version: [ooc] Thist Land is Our Land
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Thanee
Welcome! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
ChromeZephyr
Whoa, thought I needed my bio before approval, I was afraid I was holding up up. It's added for your perusal, Scarecrow.

edit: Added contacts.

edit 2: Added starting nuyen. Knew I was forgetting something.
Scarecrow
The bio Ian not normally required for character approval. It is nice to have, but I am more concerned with stats and gear and if your build is correct.
johnnytenpins
My only concern is the amount of spending cash you had, which by my calculations was next to nothing. But it all works out and comes out fine, so your character is approved. And again, I love the concept.

added in my starting nuyen

[ Spoiler ]
LeighFox
I couldnt nail down the color for 'thoughts'. Could someone post the # code that it is? 808000 was close but not close enough unfortunately
Thanee
Without the blanks.

[ color = "cyan" ] (speech)
[ color = "darkkhaki" ] (thoughts)
[ color = "violet" ] (commlink)
[ color = "yellow" ] (matrix)

You can also simply quote a post containing the colors to look at the code there. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Did you see the comments on the first page regarding your armor? (here)
taeksosin
Rolling starting cash ((3d6=8) + 7) * 50 = 750¥

Made a few changes to the sheet Scarecrow. Added a set of earbuds with audio enhancements, a smartlink to the helmet and a subvocal microphone. Currently wrist deep in writing up his bio and what not.
Thanee
I have updated Scarlet's background a bit adding what kind of military service she has been with.

Bye
Thanee
LeighFox
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 22 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Without the blanks.

[ color = "cyan" ] (speech)
[ color = "darkkhaki" ] (thoughts)
[ color = "violet" ] (commlink)
[ color = "yellow" ] (matrix)

You can also simply quote a post containing the colors to look at the code there. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Did you see the comments on the first page regarding your armor? (here)

Thanks Thanee, I didn't realize I could use words instead of numbers, heh. This is extra-helpful. I did see the armor post, mulling over what to do about it.
Thanee
Yep, those are a lot easier to remember, too. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
LeighFox
Alright, I fixed the goof-up with the armor mods. I moved half of the fire resistance and nonconductivity to the lined coat, as well as the insulation, and reduced the thermal thingy by 1pt. Only a negligable change in cost (in fact, I technically saved like 200 nuyen) so there shouldnt be any issues I hope
ChromeZephyr
What's the club feel like (aside from the bass registering on the Richter scale), Scarecrow? Is this much sex, drugs, and rock n' roll going to be doing anything to the local manasphere that Ocho would notice? Without having to astrally perceive of course, he's not that stupid. wink.gif
Scarecrow
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jul 24 2012, 01:52 PM) *
What's the club feel like (aside from the bass registering on the Richter scale), Scarecrow? Is this much sex, drugs, and rock n' roll going to be doing anything to the local manasphere that Ocho would notice? Without having to astrally perceive of course, he's not that stupid. wink.gif

There may be a lot of sex, drugs, and RnR, but it isn't going to affect the manasphere in a way that Ocho would notice.
ChromeZephyr
Righto, that helps for the next post's flavor.
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Jul 24 2012, 09:22 PM) *
Finally, it's his turn after some human woman and a gangly looking elf.

Is this Scarlet and Ocho, taeksosin? If so, Ocho is many things, but a "gangly looking elf" is not one of them. wink.gif If not, carry on. This team is going to be a doozy, I can already tell.
Thanee
The elf would be Nitwit, but he isn't there yet. smile.gif

BTW, which color do you want to use for the location header?

Lime?

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29, 2072 20:50 hours

Green?

Inside Club Infinity

Bye
Thanee
LeighFox
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 25 2012, 01:40 AM) *
The elf would be Nitwit, but he isn't there yet. smile.gif

BTW, which color do you want to use for the location header?

Lime?

Inside Club Infinity

Green?

Inside Club Infinity

Bye
Thanee

I think I like the Lime better. Which is odd, cause normally I loathe lime with every fibre of my being.
Thanee
It is bright and pretty and makes you want to read it. smile.gif

Just wondering, since both have been used by scarecrow now.

Bye
Thanee
taeksosin
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jul 24 2012, 03:36 PM) *
Righto, that helps for the next post's flavor.

For some reason I confused nitwit and ocho in my head. I'll edit accordingly. And apparently I can't quote to save my life.
ChromeZephyr
My vote is green, lime hurts my eyes against the gray background. But I'll live if everyone else wants lime.
Scarecrow
To be honest, it doesn't matter to me which color we used. I typed green, but if it needs to be lime then so be it. I'm pretty flexible.

As far as my next GM post...the bar is rather busy, so I'm going to wait a day or so to post. This will give you guys a chance to get to know each other while waiting for the elf to show you where to go. I'll move forward tomorrow morning.
Thanee
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jul 25 2012, 05:32 PM) *
My vote is green, lime hurts my eyes against the gray background. But I'll live if everyone else wants lime.

Then let's stick with green.

Bye
Thanee
LeighFox
Moo, Sammys just a bit miffed at your butting in line, dont worry wink.gif
ChromeZephyr
Figure I'll get my apologizing out of the way now...I've got the chance to have a long weekend camping with my wife and friends for the first time this year, and I'm taking it. I won't be able to post until Monday morning. Sorry if this causes problems, and if you just need me to be the mute in the corner to get us through the meet I'm okay with that. See you all next week.
Scarecrow
If you get to spend time with the wife and kids, go do it. And as it's only going to be a long weekend, we can wait for you to get back. I'm in no rush to move forward at this point as I'd like to let you guys talk with the Johnson and interact and such. So no worries, chum.
Thanee
Enjoy the trip! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
taeksosin
QUOTE (LeighFox @ Jul 25 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Moo, Sammys just a bit miffed at your butting in line, dont worry wink.gif

Oh, I wasn't worried. What's a team without some interteam friction? smile.gif

Have fun Chrome, stay away from the poison oak/sumac/whatever itchy plant is in your region.
Thanee
Essentially, what my post means it that Scarlet uses her Empathy Sensor Software (Arsenal p. 60) to analyze the Johnson's behaviour to help with social tests and making the results available to our negotiator, which would be Moo, I suppose (offering a 5 dice bonus on social tests against him).

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 28 2012, 03:19 AM) *
Essentially, what my post means it that Scarlet uses her Empathy Sensor Software (Arsenal p. 60) to analyze the Johnson's behaviour to help with social tests and making the results available to our negotiator, which would be Moo, I suppose (offering a 5 dice bonus on social tests against him).

Bye
Thanee

I PM'ed this to you, but I also wanted to put it here because I'm anal that way.

Arsenal, Page 59, states:

Empathy soft ware can be used to make a Judge Intentions Test (see p. 130, SR4) for emotional status using its rating as the dice pool.

You would therefore need to roll Judge Intentions using the Empathy software rating for the dice pool. Now, the software can only do so much, and you do have to interpret the results of the scan. So I'll allow you to add in your INT score to the dice pool for the test. If you can edit this in to your post, that would be great.
johnnytenpins
If you get to spend time with the wife and kids, go do it.

I'm definitely on the same page with that, we all have lives and such. I hope you have fun.

In the same vein as that, I just wanted to give a heads up now since its coming up fast (though not as fast as i would like). I'm headed on vacation up the coast of Maine August 6-10. I will probably have limited internet access (last time I was up there, the cabin we stayed in had dial-up and there was no wireless network to piggyback on to). I will have my laptop and phone and will do my best to keep up, probably check in once a day if i can. But if theres some fast and furious posting that happens and I lag behind, that is why.
Thanee
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 28 2012, 04:28 PM) *
You would therefore need to roll Judge Intentions using the Empathy software rating for the dice pool. Now, the software can only do so much, and you do have to interpret the results of the scan. So I'll allow you to add in your INT score to the dice pool for the test. If you can edit this in to your post, that would be great.

Ok, sure. We can handle it that way. smile.gif

Intuition + Empathy Software (Judge Intentions) -> 2 hits

Bye
Thanee
taeksosin
I'll have a post up some time early this afternoon. Gotta finish picking up the house and such and get tonight's run planned for my meat players.

Also trying to decide what to squeeze the Johnson on for this deal. smile.gif
Scarecrow
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 28 2012, 08:40 AM) *
Ok, sure. We can handle it that way. smile.gif

Intuition + Empathy Software (Judge Intentions) -> 2 hits

Bye
Thanee

First, dice rolls should be in your post in spoiler tags.

Second...I re-read the paragraph on Empathy software, and as you are pushing the results out to the others, the rating of the software is added to their dice pools for social test in the current situation - no roll is needed on your part. That is my bad for not being fully prepped on that software.

Please add the software's rating to your post in spoiler tags for the others to easily find so they can add its rating to their dice pools when applicable in the current situation.
Thanee
Ok, will do. No problem.

Need some getting used to posting the dice rolls in the IC, but that will settle in. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
taeksosin
I double checked, and pretty sure I got all the modifiers for my negotiation rolls right. Near as I can tell, all that fun stuff stacks. Gotta love the 3 Cha face with the 19 dice pool. Suppose that yeah, it'd be even better if I were an elf, but then I couldn't shrug off a howitzer round smile.gif
Scarecrow
You would not have known this without asking me first, but the equivalent in Denver is FourCorners. ShadowSEA is Seattle, and you are in Denver. No big deal - I will just assume you meant the Denver equivalent. smile.gif
taeksosin
<jedimindtrick> ShadowSEA? I never said anything about ShadowSEA </jedimindtrick>
Scarecrow
Technically, that was to the entire group. specifically, to Thanee who mentioned it in Scarlet's latest post.
Thanee
Uhh... What do you mean? wobble.gif

Bye
Thanee
taeksosin
Nah, it was me that specified ShadowSEA, didn't even think about the fact that it'd refer to only Seattle. She just mentioned generic searching I think.
Makoto
I wonder if Salt Lake City and Utah are included...since Denver and Seattle are mentioned, unless a nuclear war left Utah and Nevada irradiated forever.

I have a gut feeling the Desert Southwest and the west coast are unhabited or evacuated from a mass natural disaster of great proportions in the future.
Scarecrow
QUOTE (Makoto @ Jul 29 2012, 02:29 AM) *
I wonder if Salt Lake City and Utah are included...since Denver and Seattle are mentioned, unless a nuclear war left Utah and Nevada irradiated forever.

I have a gut feeling the Desert Southwest and the west coast are unhabited or evacuated from a mass natural disaster of great proportions in the future.

???
Thanee
Could be a bot... though I fail to see its point. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Makoto
I'm not a bot, because bots can't be this rational. nyahnyah.gif Futurists predict environmental calamity from the desertification of the entire western US in the later half of the 21st century. Water becomes a precious commodity in the level of gold and oil, a page right out of the 'Mad Max' movie anthology.
Scarecrow
QUOTE (Makoto @ Jul 30 2012, 03:54 AM) *
I'm not a bot, because bots can't be this rational. nyahnyah.gif Futurists predict environmental calamity from the desertification of the entire western US in the later half of the 21st century. Water becomes a precious commodity in the level of gold and oil, a page right out of the 'Mad Max' movie anthology.

So you aren't a bot. Great. But can I at least ask you to not put your neo-political, non game related comments out here please?
Makoto
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 30 2012, 01:31 PM) *
So you aren't a bot. Great. But can I at least ask you to not put your neo-political, non game related comments out here please?

OK...my apologies. Just a reply post (I probably should PM you, but I don't want to be accused of enough spamming). Moving along...
Scarecrow
No worries, M. While this is the OOC thread, I'd like to keep the contents here related to game stuff.
ChromeZephyr
Thanks, folks. Trip was fun, but I'm glad to be back to "civilization". I'll have a post up by this evening.
Scarecrow
Welcome back. Didn't expect a post from you until tonight or tomorrow anyhow, so it's all good. Just you and Leigh before the meet continues...
taeksosin
Ah, so that's what we're waiting on. I figured it was just Scarecrow trying to figure out what to do with my awesome negotiation rolls, which were totally worth edging. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012