Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [ooc] Thist Land is Our Land
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Scarecrow
I am going to be mostly offline this weekend, and Monday is day 7 since my last full GM post. Please post what you are doing between the current time and the concert, and then indicate what time you are getting to the concert. If there are any questions you need to ask someone, or interact with someone/something, that's cool and we can deal with that before the concert.
Thanee
Yeah, I think we will basically meet up near the area where the concert is held a good time earlier (like 2-4h before it starts?), so we can plan our approach and maybe gather some surveillance about what they are doing to protect the area/warehouse.

Bye
Thanee
taeksosin
Figure see if we can find a bar/pub/tavern of some variety in the near-ish vicinity around the concert warehouse place type thingie. Suppose in the meantime, Moo might try to see if he can create a piece of art to use a prop to try to talk his way close to Nabo. Figure Artisan (Painting) rolls of some variety, what would I be looking at for material cost? Figure a small canvas (say, 8x11) and paint.
Scarecrow
Working on a reply for Ocho, and will get that up today. Once we are done with this scene, we will fast forward to the concert. Or, a couple hours prior so you guys can figure out where you are meeting up.
taeksosin
Jeeze, tonsilitis and antibiotics and second week of school == the sucks. I'll put up an IC post within an hour or so of Moo leaving the club, hitting his apartment, popping on a nice BTL and making with zee arts based on the video that Scarlet nabbed. Figure I'll just throw out artisan checks until I don't feel like it anymore?
Scarecrow
So everyone knows, I'm waiting on posts from the rest of the group, as well as for you guys to indicate where you are meeting up prior to the concert. The concert is in an old section of town (you can find that info easily enough) in a warehouse (which you already knew), and you should be able to find a diner or something a couple blocks away to meet up.

Faultline, please also post here in the OOC thread to let me know when you are showing up at the concert so I can make sure to include you once things get going.
ChromeZephyr
Yuck, taek. I know that suckage, not fun in the slightest. Hope you're feeling better.

I would think we'd want to find a dive bar or something, somewhere less likely for the fuzz to be at. A disparate group of individuals all either talking quietly or having silent 'link exchanges would look a little out of place in a diner or the like. Add in the fact that there's two trogs and it only gets worse. We'd want at least a couple hours ahead of the concert to make some kind of plans.
Scarecrow
Giving everyone a chance to post, but new GM post coming Monday regardless.

As far as diner vs bar: remember that a concert is taking place, so all businesses in the area are going to have a lot if concert goers, which means as runners you shouldn't worry about trying to blend in as you already will.
faultline
I was looking for some maps for Denver and came across these two:

Someone put this together for the Denver Missions.
Google Maps - Denver SR Missions Map

This is a map used by the Shadowrun Denver MUX. Whereas this might not be as usefull as the previous map due to user created listings and data, it does highlight and show the sectors.
Google Maps - Shadowrun Denver MUX map

One or both may come in handy at some point so I'd thought I'd post them
faultline
Crash will get to the concert venue about an hour or two before it starts so he can find a parking spot thats not to far from the venue, but out of view as much pedestrain/vehicle traffic so he can launch the Stormcloud covertly to cover the area.
Thanee
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Sep 15 2012, 01:32 AM) *
Giving everyone a chance to post, but new GM post coming Monday regardless.

Sorry, wanted to post something over the weekend, but didn't got to it. embarrassed.gif

Just to recap, we do not have cards to get in "officially", or do we?

So, we should look for some way to sneak in. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Scarecrow
No, you do not have any tickets to get into the concert. But I'm sure you guys can come up with some way to get in. biggrin.gif
johnnytenpins
Now that we are actually getting into some business where it will make a difference, Im not sure if it has been brought up yet but I was wondering how you wanted to handle what we are carrying for gear, SINs and comlink broadcasting, and the like. I think I used spoiler tags earlier, is that how you want it done, you do you have a different way you want it handled?
faultline
Ah yes btw before I forget and find myself out of the run and washing dishes at the diner

Roll for starting cash (3d6=9)+9 * 50 = 900
Scarecrow
QUOTE (johnnytenpins @ Sep 17 2012, 03:53 PM) *
Now that we are actually getting into some business where it will make a difference, Im not sure if it has been brought up yet but I was wondering how you wanted to handle what we are carrying for gear, SINs and comlink broadcasting, and the like. I think I used spoiler tags earlier, is that how you want it done, you do you have a different way you want it handled?

The way you did it is just fine. And I'll ask all players to do the same thing in their next post: Gear carried, SINs broadcast, etc., in spoiler tags. Any time you change the gear or the SIN or the comm broadcast, enclose it in Spoiler tags please. Thank you.
Thanee
Ok, will do. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
faultline
Just saw your reply to Johnny's post Scarecrow, will do....off to edit my post to make those additions
ChromeZephyr
So, how many is "several"? How big are they? High as in drunk? Stoned? Tripping? Inquiring minds want to know.
taeksosin
Frag the details. I'll just go...talk to them. smile.gif
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Sep 21 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Frag the details.

Famous last words. wink.gif
Scarecrow
sorry for leaving out the details. that's my bad.

group of 4 orks, about medium build. definite go-ganger wannabes, into the orxploitation music scene. and they are drunk/high, but you cannot tell how so just by looking at them.
ChromeZephyr
Do they fit the description of Black Fangs that we've been given?
Scarecrow
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Sep 21 2012, 02:44 PM) *
Do they fit the description of Black Fangs that we've been given?

No.
Scarecrow
It has been 7 days since my last GM post, and so far only 2 of you have posted. Is there a specific reason for this? Is this game not living up to what you thought it would be? Have you all lost interest?
johnnytenpins
Im here and waiting...getting impatient and tempted to make a move on those tickets on my own haha
ChromeZephyr
Sorry, work has been insane (worked 60 hours last week) and my wife got sick on top of that so my weekend was shot.

Hmmmm...drugged up ork gangers in a diner full of other gangers before an orxploitation concert. Every idea I'm coming up with that Ocho would do is a match for this particular powder keg...combat magic is fun when the bullets are flying, but subtlety isn't exactly it's strong point. I'm getting a better feel for how Harry Dresden sees the world. wink.gif
ChromeZephyr
Suppose we can go with the classic "trip-spill drink-apologize-while-second-nicks-the-object(s)" route...how bold are you feeling johnny?
faultline
I'm waiting for results for my audio perception test.
johnnytenpins
Thats kinda what i was thinking. Bold? Nitwit is plenty bold, bright...not so much.
taeksosin
Sorry about the delay guys. Post is up, I'll be posting within a day or so of Scarecrow for the next few weeks (or at least, within a day or so of when I'm needed to post) since my load on various things has finally lightened up some. Scarecrow, need any social rolls from me at this point? I'll edit them into the post if so.
ChromeZephyr
Whew, the social one goes to bat. I was a little worried to be honest, defaulting on a bluff check with 2 Charisma isn't a good idea.
taeksosin
Moo only has 3 cha, and he seems to do ok biggrin.gif
ChromeZephyr
Just in case I'm being too obtuse, Ocho is establishing counterspelling on the team in my latest post.
faultline
Scarecrow where are yooouuuu? We need some GM love so we can continue. smile.gif
ChromeZephyr
Are we fading out here or something? You okay, Scarecrow?
faultline
Anyone PM him yet?
ChromeZephyr
Wouldn't do much, hasn't logged on since the 29th of last month. *shrug* Just keep waiting I suppose.
faultline
Sent PM's via Dumpshock and Obsidian Portal, hopefully he will get one of those, especially if his notifications are on.
johnnytenpins
Anyone think about taking over for a few to move things along, not too much- just enough to get us from one place to another and hopefully he comes back soon?
faultline
QUOTE (johnnytenpins @ Oct 10 2012, 06:03 PM) *
Anyone think about taking over for a few to move things along, not too much- just enough to get us from one place to another and hopefully he comes back soon?

As much as I'd like to move on its probably best not to interfere with his game, hopefully one of pm's will get his attention and we'll see him on here in the next day or two.

If not then maybe we can discuss options
faultline
So its been two weeks without any sign of Scarecrow, what do we want to do:

1) Declare this a dead game and forget about it?
2) Continue current run with a different GM? if so who?
3) Restart with a fresh run and GM? If so who ?
4) other option

Opinions?
ChromeZephyr
Hmmm. I'd say that a game shouldn't be declared "dead" until the GM goes a month without a post, especially one with a GM that's been on-the-ball like Scarecrow has so far. We're early enough in that the wait shouldn't be too arduous. My vote is just wait-and-see.
taeksosin
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Oct 18 2012, 07:28 AM) *
Hmmm. I'd say that a game shouldn't be declared "dead" until the GM goes a month without a post, especially one with a GM that's been on-the-ball like Scarecrow has so far. We're early enough in that the wait shouldn't be too arduous. My vote is just wait-and-see.

What he said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012