Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Tabletop - Hidden Stories
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
ggodo
Having caught up to Cracks, it appears there's some new update on Fastjack's status in there. Looks like Grandpa's moving up in the world.
Larsine
Anybody got past the eye-of-the-hurricane-8?
lokii
Someone did. But I suspect they won't be talking: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/coming-soon/stats/
Blade
No, it's waiting for Twitter again.
Sengir
QUOTE (lokii @ Jan 8 2013, 02:06 PM) *
Someone did. But I suspect they won't be talking: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/coming-soon/stats/

Probably testers and not actual users...but where did you find the link to the stats page?
Halinn
QUOTE (Sengir @ Jan 8 2013, 03:46 PM) *
Probably testers and not actual users...but where did you find the link to the stats page?

Oh, solving EotH 8 sends you to the stats page. nyahnyah.gif
lokii
QUOTE (Sengir @ Jan 8 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Nosing around.

QUOTE (Halinn @ Jan 8 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Oh, solving EotH 8 sends you to the stats page. nyahnyah.gif
Really? If you mean that's how I found the page. No.
hermit
Will there ever be a twitter post that allows us to advance, or is this again CGL trying it's best to piss off it's customer base?
hermit
And on it goes:
QUOTE ("Jackpoint ‏@Jackpoint2075")
I guess the little birdie's hungry, because it says the magic word is stu4shack
hermit
And on it goes:
QUOTE ("Jackpoint ‏@Jackpoint2075")
I guess the little birdie's hungry, because it says the magic word is stu4shack

I think there'll be another update next week. The last message seems to imply this.
Hangman317
Hmmm...
Stuck on Cracks 5. I think I have the answer but it says its incorrect:

[ Spoiler ]

Sengir
QUOTE (Hangman317 @ Jan 17 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Hmmm...

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
Sengir
QUOTE (Hangman317 @ Jan 17 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Hmmm...

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

The new Cracks also seems to break the Fourth Wall a little biggrin.gif
> I hate to say it, but I kind of like the new public grid. Feels very similar to the current setup but also feels a little more organized. Also reminds me a lot of the old wired setup.

> Bull's right. It is like the old Matrix visually, but not coding wise. It looks like added a lot of limitations on things to clean the place up.
hermit
By the way: I hope this hasn't been sent to the printers yet. Because it should be, for instance, hoard, not horde.
Halinn
[ Spoiler ]

Stats page shows nobody past Dragon 12, so I'll assume there's another wait. Perhaps an announcement next week?
ggodo
I feel bad, but how many hidden things are there on Dragon 8? I've found 7, and must still be missing something.

Halinn
QUOTE (ggodo @ Jan 18 2013, 12:16 AM) *
I feel bad, but how many hidden things are there on Dragon 8? I've found 7, and must still be missing something.

Nine. Check the source code for locations. That's the trick I use for highlighted letters etc.
Sengir
QUOTE (ggodo @ Jan 18 2013, 12:16 AM) *

Did you get the ">" before the Shadowtalk? That's what I missed until looking at the source
ggodo
Thanks Sengir, My brain wasn't braining that, I guess.
Larsine
So now they have hidden the statspage: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/coming-soon/stats/

frown.gif
Smirnov
It has been on for some time already, but doesn't load for me now
hermit
Didn't the little bird want to make an announcement this week?
Halinn
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 24 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Didn't the little bird want to make an announcement this week?

Technically, Dragon 12 doesn't mention the little bird, just "still hacking…hope to have more next week"
Oracle
Sounds to me like the webmaster is still working on the follow up pages...
Patrick Goodman
Sengir, did you give up on the earlier notion of assembling the various pieces?
Sengir
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jan 24 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Sengir, did you give up on the earlier notion of assembling the various pieces?

Nope, merely forgot to paste the assembled text files into the forum post. Thanks for the reminder wink.gif

And since you requested comments over at the mothership...you probably can guess which story I'm dissatisfied with
First of all, another iteration of "the UN forces X". Shadowrun borrows from a lot of dystopias, but so far core tenet of militia nutjobs, that "the UN" is some independent entity which can simply send forces somewhere, has not been one of them. Just as IRL, the UN is the sum of its constituents, and accordingly will do frag all to expose underhand dealings of corporations.
Secondly, the idea used to be that Asamando practices happy eugenics by sterilizing feral ghouls and sending them to the mines, while promoting the procreation of the ghoulish master race. So why hide ferals in black site prisons? If there ever were too many ferals to put them to use as expendable labor, I'm sure a ghoul nation there might just find another use for those extra bodies...
hermit
Shadowrun borrows from a lot of dystopias, but so far core tenet of militia nutjobs, that "the UN" is some independent entity which can simply send forces somewhere, has not been one of them.

Shadowrun has been borrowing more and more ideas and vocabulary from the American Right's mainstream (which used to be thew Right fringe a decade ago) for some time now. Ever since the freelancer purge, I think, though it might have started before.
Patrick Goodman
I need to go see what's been revealed, since I can, apparently, discuss the leaked material. I think some of this deserves a response, but I don't want to whip it out and step on it more than I perhaps already have. But some of this deserves a reasoned response, so I'll get back to you. If I don't shortly, ping me here so I can correct that.
Blade
The thing that bothers me in these stories (and the other SR5-related fluff) is the concept of G.O.D/corps deploying a whole new Matrix. Updating the Matrix, I can understand, but switching the whole Matrix to a completely new software paradigm (as seems to be the case) is something else.
It means that you can forget all your current software projects, that you'll have to update all your Matrix systems including the most critical ones (the one that are probably still running on 2040 software "because it's too dangerous to touch it"). It's a move you can do in a desperate situation (first Matrix crash, not so much with the second one) but if you can avoid it, you will.
Mach_Ten
Considering it is happeneing around us right now !

as we move from IPv4 to IPv6 .. I imagine it'd add a certain bit of paranoia into the mix.
hermit
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jan 25 2013, 05:08 PM) *
I need to go see what's been revealed, since I can, apparently, discuss the leaked material. I think some of this deserves a response, but I don't want to whip it out and step on it more than I perhaps already have. But some of this deserves a reasoned response, so I'll get back to you. If I don't shortly, ping me here so I can correct that.

Sengir has collected it further up.
Patrick Goodman
Yeah, I just gotta work it around the day job.
hermit
So what's up, little birdie?
Sengir
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 30 2013, 01:31 PM) *
So what's up, little birdie?

Avian flu?
Grinder
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 25 2013, 08:45 AM) *
Shadowrun has been borrowing more and more ideas and vocabulary from the American Right's mainstream (which used to be thew Right fringe a decade ago) for some time now. Ever since the freelancer purge, I think, though it might have started before.

Yup, especially when dealing with UCAS politics and the going-ons in Washington D.C.
thorya
Has anyone gotten past Dragon-12?

I've tried every hacker name I can think of.
hermit
Nothing. They promised a password two weeks ago.
NeoJudas
A lot of interesting reads ... But I have to admit, the writing styles give some of this away IMO. Still watching, but not holding my or anyone else's breath.
Patrick Goodman
From Facebook:

RT @shadowland2054: Hey, #ShadowLand, I got in using just “Swordfish” as the password, really hard to gue… [User Disconnected]

EDIT: Which, apparently, doesn't work. Sorry; there might be some movement for you guys playing the game.
Blade
Tried Swordfish, swordfish, Mustardball, mustardball, Swordfish Mustardball and swordfish mustardball but none of them worked.
Nath
Mary, Sturgeon and Haddock also don't seem to work.
Sengir
QUOTE (Nath @ Feb 7 2013, 06:45 PM) *
Mary, Sturgeon and Haddock also don't seem to work.

I see we had the same idea biggrin.gif

PS: A slightly older tweed also mentions "Dog Days", and WP has the following to say about Swordfish (the movie) "The film begins in a restaurant in Los Angeles where a man (John Travolta) discusses Dog Day Afternoon before walking off, with numerous SWAT officers pointing guns at him and a dishevelled man (Hugh Jackman) following him out." Might be something, or just a red herring...
ggodo
It's a double bluff. I'm trying Seatec Astronomy.
ggodo
It is not Seatec Astronomy, nor any variant I can think of.
Sengir
The supposed hint has only been posted on the Shadowland account, previous passwords were posted on both. Which makes it seem likely that we are on a merry goose chase...
hermit
*sigh*
Halinn
QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 8 2013, 06:45 PM) *
*sigh*

girl look at that body
hermit
QUOTE (Halinn @ Feb 9 2013, 12:25 AM) *
girl look at that body

Whu ...?
Halinn
QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 9 2013, 12:35 AM) *
Whu ...?

http://xkcd.com/1009/
NetWraith
Just caught the next PW.

tuskertrust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012