Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Tabletop - Hidden Stories
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Slacker
With the announcement of the 5th Edition of Shadowrun, there seems to be a hidden game to the Shadowrun Tabletop webpage.
Figured we could work together towards unlocking more parts to it.

Spoilers:
[ Spoiler ]

Anybody else working on this and finding more stuff?
bannockburn
QUOTE (Slacker @ Dec 21 2012, 05:35 PM) *
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Dec 21 2012, 11:06 AM) *
[ Spoiler ]

Thanks for the tip, hadn't even thought to try that. smile.gif
Prime Mover
Not working on ipad,had to borrow sons laptop to even find it. Now have to wait for after worrk to steal it back lol.
Slacker
Another new storyline:
[ Spoiler ]
Jhaiisiin
[ Spoiler ]
Sengir
Square-root-256...what could that mean wink.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 21 2012, 11:22 AM) *
Square-root-256...what could that mean wink.gif

Opens up Princes page 2 and there doesn't appear to be a page 1 on the server.
Jhaiisiin
Thank you Sengir
[ Spoiler ]
Blade
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
Little Birdie 1 possible Twitter connection: https://twitter.com/Jackpoint2075
So far the only tweet on this account has been: "When will someone really take care of all these issues? #trogbasher http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion...a-constant-ache … "
With a few comments and a couple retweets
Sengir
I know I read the phrase "little birdie" somewhere in relation to SR 5...damn you, brain!
ggodo
I know that someone in-universe referenced a little birdie, but it isn't coming to me.
hermit
Anyone got past the little birdie yet?
hermit
Anyone got past the little birdie yet?
ggodo
Nope, I'm thinking about searching my PDF books for the reference, but I'm lazy and it's lunchtime here. I have pretty much confirmed that it has nothing to do with the only twitter post on the Jackpoint one. Shadowland I lost the link to somewhere.
Blade
I think it's a plan to get people to "follow" the twitter account to receive the password. I hope I'm wrong.
ggodo
Yeah, me to, but I hope not. If anyone does, post it here for the twitterless among us.
Prime Mover
Still can't even click the diamon on ipad and no PC in house now. Curious where'd link to pics come from is it art of the riddle?
Halinn
There's also a Shadowland twitter account, but I can't work that into anything important either.
ggodo
Link to shadowland Twitter? It's not on their facebook. Thanks.
Halinn
QUOTE (ggodo @ Dec 22 2012, 05:30 AM) *
Link to shadowland Twitter? It's not on their facebook. Thanks.

I did include a link in my previous post...
bannockburn
[ Spoiler ]

So, has anyone tried anything else? Any luck at all?

addendum: the previously mentioned directory is now 403 wink.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Dec 22 2012, 01:52 PM) *
addendum: the previously mentioned directory is now 403 wink.gif

Predictable, so I saved the full cover image upon finding it wink.gif

A search through my PDFs only turned up Nicholas Whitebird and T-birds, tried both without success. Also tried various dragon names, no success either

PS: The directory itself is no longer public, but the image itself is still there: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-conten...front-cover.jpg
Slacker
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 22 2012, 07:10 AM) *
Predictable, so I saved the full cover image upon finding it wink.gif

A search through my PDFs only turned up Nicholas Whitebird and T-birds, tried both without success. Also tried various dragon names, no success either

PS: The directory itself is no longer public, but the image itself is still there: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-conten...front-cover.jpg

Nope, they've closed that down too now.
Sengir
QUOTE (Slacker @ Dec 22 2012, 04:23 PM) *
Nope, they've closed that down too now.

Pfff, as if that would bring the cat back into the bag
RdMarquis
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Dec 22 2012, 04:52 AM) *
So, has anyone tried anything else? Any luck at all?

I tried and was unsuccessful with the following.

The date numbers (75, 53, 1221, 753), 1835 for the Arcology, and just for fun, references to birds in Dunkelzhan's will (silver, songbird, rhonabwy, ryumyo, and ring)
hermit
Thought it could be a Harlequin reference, but was unsuccessful with Thalia, Harlequin, Frosty, Jane Foster and Songbird.
ggodo
grrrr. . . this one is just mean.
Sengir
From the shadowrun.com forums:
Just wanted to confirm: I don't think there is a way to guess the pw for the birdie thing, short of brute-forcing it.

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion...-short-stories-

On the other hand, the solution could be posted in big fat letters on that board and there would still be a good chance nobody finds it. Finding the thread from above in the chaos they call a forum took me longer than solving the riddles up to the birdie...
Halinn
[ Spoiler ]

Aaaaand back to waiting for twitter.
hermit
*grumblemumble*
Sengir
Got annoyed about not having the story bits at least arranged sequentially, so...
Eye of the Hurricane
[ Spoiler ]

Ares
[ Spoiler ]

Sleeping with the Enemy
[ Spoiler ]

Fractures
[ Spoiler ]

Pulling the Trigger
[ Spoiler ]

Princes
[ Spoiler ]

The Artful Dodger
[ Spoiler ]

New story, Cracks:
[ Spoiler ]

New story as of 1/17/2013, Dragons:
[ Spoiler ]

New story from 21/3/2013, The Battle of Bogota
[ Spoiler ]

And if anybody came too late to see the full cover: http://imgur.com/4BsfU
ggodo
Stupid waiting for twitter.
Stupid stupid stupid.
Iduno
I may just be dense, but where do I enter the code in the first step?

I am using IE 8 (and can't install a different browser) on this computer if that matters.
Halinn
QUOTE (Iduno @ Dec 26 2012, 04:44 PM) *
I may just be dense, but where do I enter the code in the first step?

I am using IE 8 (and can't install a different browser) on this computer if that matters.

http://imgur.com/L4Ho0
On shadowruntabletop.com
Iduno
QUOTE (Halinn @ Dec 26 2012, 11:26 PM) *

I got that to work, but there was no place to enter the code on the first story. It worked with firefox on my personal laptop when I got back to it. Actually, I just finished the company logo drag-and-drop puzzle this morning.
Prime Mover
(Thenewblack) leads to this.
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/coming-so...rtful-dodger-3/
Prime Mover
Found some examples of encryption used in story at MIT.edu. No decryption yet though.
Halinn
The letters of different colors after the encrypted text spell out ROT13. You figure out the rest.
Halinn
[ Spoiler ]

And then we're back to fragging twitter.
Sengir
Updated my collection of the stories http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...25#entry1199313

New and improved Matrix, with layered grids again...and deckers
hermit
I'm quite amused. I wonder if they'll use the SR2050 rules and make the Matrix even less playable. But I'm quite amused indeed, since that's what I houseruled the Matrix to be like all along.

The thing with Twitter is really annoying, though. What's that supposed to be? Except cursing their audience, that is.
Halinn
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 1 2013, 10:44 PM) *
The thing with Twitter is really annoying, though. What's that supposed to be? Except cursing their audience, that is.

Probably some advertising guy said that it would "provide interaction with the community" or something stupid like that.
hermit
They can afford advertising guys?
Sengir
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 1 2013, 10:44 PM) *
I'm quite amused. I wonder if they'll use the SR2050 rules and make the Matrix even less playable.

A layered structure in fluff does not have to impact game play all that much, most IRL applications see little of the Interconnected Network beneath wink.gif

Haven't you heard? Everything needs more Web 2.0, social media, facebook connections, widgets, vlogs, user generated content...because...well..some guy with a mohawk said so?
hermit
Haven't you heard? Everything needs more Web 2.0, social media, facebook connections, widgets, vlogs, user generated content...because...well..some guy with a mohawk said so?

I'm pretty certain even said Pink Mohawk Guy doesn't want companies to irritate their users like this. Anyway, it's really badly done. They should fire their advert guy and instead hire an editor who compensates for Hardy's failures.

A layered structure in fluff does not have to impact game play all that much, most IRL applications see little of the Interconnected Network beneath

Actually, yes, it has to impact gameplay, the way it is presented at least. And I was only speculating, since they probably have to throw together the rules book on short notice, being CGL and everything.
Sengir
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 2 2013, 06:01 PM) *
I'm pretty certain even said Pink Mohawk Guy

I was thinking of an obnoxious red mohawk guy wink.gif
hermit
Me too. biggrin.gif After all, he's always ranting about badly utilised social media shenanigans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012