RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 14 2013, 05:40 PM) *
For some reason, I love that scene. I can see it perfectly in my head smile.gif

Glitches are a bitch.
Mister Juan
So here we go!
George "Still Needs a Steetname" Earnest
Metatype: Ork

Twenty Questions (Actually, 18... 2 are unanswered)
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
@imperialus
Did you want the character sheet here or PMed?
RelentlessImp
So I plugged George's name into this ... Grinder McMookerson. Finally, an Irish name he can be proud of, me laddie!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 14 2013, 06:49 PM) *
So I plugged George's name into this ... Grinder McMookerson. Finally, an Irish name he can be proud of, me laddie!

HAHAHAHHAHAHA
That's perfect!
Slide
A perfect night
[ Spoiler ]
RelentlessImp
Just Another Run (Literally)
[ Spoiler ]

I had to get in on the fiction. Sorry.
Mister Juan
Well, it seems like everyone is George's friend smile.gif I like that nyahnyah.gif
Raiden
OK, the twenty Qs for my char. note I plan for my characters views so possible change greatly over the course of the game and so will slowly IC the changes.

[ Spoiler ]

Hope this gives a good idea of the characters personality if anyone has a questions just ask :3
Slide
20 Questions

David Bell 24 6'1'' Blond hair green eyes.

[ Spoiler ]
JonathanC
Hey, sorry about the delay. Working on adjusting to the new rules and such has slowed down my chargen a little, and this weekend was a bit hectic.
Slide
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Jul 15 2013, 07:03 AM) *
Hey, sorry about the delay. Working on adjusting to the new rules and such has slowed down my chargen a little, and this weekend was a bit hectic.

The only honorable thing to do in this situation is to jump onto your sword. I mean.... no worries.
RelentlessImp
Honorable seppuku... what, are we all Japanacorps sararimen now?
imperialus
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 14 2013, 04:45 PM) *
@imperialus
Did you want the character sheet here or PMed?

Just posted in the thread is fine unless there is something you don't want the other players to know. Helps me out too since I'm not totally familiar with the chargen system yet so more sets of eyes might help pick out any mistakes.
RelentlessImp
Alright. Going to go through sheets now and look at what's going on.
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 14 2013, 03:49 PM) *
okez, here is the stat Block as is ATM

Magic-A
ATT-B
Skills-C
Resource-D
metatype-E

Attributes:

Bod:3

Agi:6

Rea: 4(7)

Str 3 (6)

Cha:1

Int:3

Logic:4

Will:5

Magic:6

Edge: 3
[/spoiler]

First, you've spent 21 attribute points and paid for 20.
Bod 1 -> 3 (2)
Agi 1 -> 6 (5)
Rea 1 -> 4 (3)
Str 1 -> 3 (2)
Cha 1 -> 1 (0)
Int 1 -> 3 (2)
Log 1 -> 4 (3)
Wil 1 -> 5 (4)
4+3+2+2+3+5+2 = 21.

Edge 2->3 is fine, as Human has 1 special attribute point; I thought it was 0, but had to double check. They really want Humans to have more Edge, huh?

Contacts:
2,3 Ganji fixer,Yakuza connections,

You have 3 points for Contacts (Cha*3), and your karma doesn't mention why he's worth 5 points.
karma usage - 12 focused concentration 12 power points.=24, corporate Sinner = +25 karma. net of 26 karma. 16 karma used on foci 10 4 karma used on funds, 6 4 used on specializations. 2 left over (still pondering what to do with these)

Skills
Long arms 6 (Spec. snipers) (17)

Blades 6(Spec. Swords) (15)

Sorcery 6 (12) (Health)

Summoning 6 (12)

Perception 4 (7) +3 visual

Armorer 2 (6) (firearms)

Gymnastics 4 (10)

Sneaking 4 (10)

Enchanting 1

Electronics 1 (5)

Counterspelling 2 (cool.gif

Throwing weapons 1 (7)

First aid 1 (5)

karma usage - 12 focused concentration 12 power points.=24, corporate Sinner = +25 karma. net of 26 karma. 16 karma used on foci 10 4 karma used on funds, 6 4 used on specializations. 2 left over (still pondering what to do with these)

First, Specializations using Karma cost 7 Karma per specialization (Character Improvement Table, page 107). Even without the specializations, you've spent:
Longarms 0->6 (6)
Blades 0->6 (6)
Sorcery 5->6 (1)
Summoning 5->6 (1)
Perception 0->4 (4)
Armorer 0->2 (2)
Gymnastics 0->4 (4)
Sneaking 0->4 (4)
Enchanting 0->1 (1)
Electronics 0->1 (1)
Counterspelling 0->2 (2)
Throwing Weapons 0->1 (1)
First Aid 0->1 (1)
1+1+2+1+1+4+4+2+4+1+1+6+6 = 34 Skill Points, when Skills C is 28 points, 2 of which can be spent on skill groups

Knowledge skills:

Japanese N

English 3

Magical theory 2

Military (corporate hit team) 3

Medicine 2

Magical threats 2

Combat biking 2

Data heavens 1

Firearms 2

You've spent 17 knowledge skills, you have 14 points (Log+Int*2). (SR5, page 89, Knowledge and Language skills, first sentence)

I'll get into the rest of the sheet later.
Raiden
not sure how I messed up so much on the skills. dang. and sorry! I misread it as costing a karma at chargen. sillyness. ill fix it and update it
RelentlessImp
Adept Powers:
Increased Reflexes 2 (3 with Qi focus)
Increased Attribute Str 2 (3 with Qi focus)
Improved ability Longarms 2
Improved ability blades 1
Combat Sense 1

Improved Physical Attribute 0 -> 2 (2)
Improved Reflexes 0 -> 2 (2.5)
Improved Ability [Longarms] 0 -> 2 (1)
Improved Ability [Blades] 0 -> 1 (0.5)
Combat Sense 0 -> 1 (0.5)

You're 0.5 over on your Adept Powers (2+2.5+1+0.5+0.5)=6.5
Spells

Increase Attribute Agility

Heal

Stunbolt

Lightningbolt

Improved Invisibility

Resist Pain

Mind Probe

Increase Attribute Strength

Swarm

Ignite

Spells are fine.
Qi focus F4 X2 24k nuyen

8 Karma to bond these Foci, 16 for both (page 318, Force*2)
Force 4 has a rating of 16 [(Force*4)R] (Page 461) and thus is out of range for a Professional character (Limit Availability 12, page 94, Step Six: Spend Your Resources, right column, latter half of final paragraph) [As an aside, it's also out of reach of a Prime Runner, who is limited to Availability 15]

50k 4karma - 8k 60k total 56.4k used. 1.6k left

Not sure where you're getting 60k, as 50k+8k is 58k, not 60, but your nuyen remaining has the right math.
Cavalier ARMS Crokket ERB external smargun, Gas vent 3, rigid stock and shock pad, and Bipod Recoil (5) (7) total of 11.2k nuyen (11200)

10,300 for the rifle itself, rigid stock and shockpad comes with it, Gas Vent 3 is 600, Bipod is 200, total of 11,100, not 11.2.
Contacts- Low Light vision, Vision magnification 750 nuyen

You've not paid for the Contacts themselves, which at Capacity 2 is a total of 1150 nuyen.
Glasses R4- Image link, Vision enhancement +3 2500 nuyen

Price on these is wrong. Glasses with 4 Capacity are 400 nuyen, Vision Enhancement 3 is 1500 (+6 Avail), and Image Link is 25, for a total of 1925 nuyen, not 2500.
Fake License Katana 800 nuyen

You've not noted the Rating of the License, but by the price it's Rating 4. Important for when being challenged on it by checks.

That's everything.

Slide, if you'd post Breaker in something other than an Excel sheet (you can use the first spoiler in my post as a guide if you want) I'll look yours over too.
Raiden
I caught that. With the adept powers. Fixed it when I fixed the others I thought qi foci were forcex3 avail.
RelentlessImp
Let me know when you've updated and I'll take another look. On that note, I'm willing to call Paws finalized; anyone wanna see if anything looks out of place?
Slide
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 14 2013, 11:30 PM) *
I thought it said somewhere they were the same price as the decker's cyberprograms....

The problem is that hacker programs are nol onger armor 4 attack 5 ect.... I'm going to default to the SR4 cost of 500 per rating of autosoft and avliblity of 3x rating. I'll be doiong the nuyen shuffle tonight but other than that I'm pretty much done.
Raiden
Qi Focus (Force x 3)R Force x 3,000¥ my foci are ok by this. F4 X3=12
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 15 2013, 11:21 AM) *
Qi Focus (Force x 3)R Force x 3,000¥ my foci are ok by this. F4 X3=12

I must have mixed up Qi and Power's column somehow. Hm. Oops.
Mister Juan
George Earnest

Now, I know I haven't copied over the gear cost, and it's simply because it's a pain in the ass to do. I homecooked an excel sheet to get the numbers down, so transferring everything to plain text ain't a whole lot of fun. What I can do, and I have no qualms about, is to send it over to someone to double check my numbers smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]
RelentlessImp
One thing that jumps out at me immediately is that you've spent 54 skill points, Priority A Skills provides 46 with 10 of those on groups.

EDIT: 55, specialization on First Aid, thought that was karma paid-for.

EDIT2: You've spent 6/10 Knowledges (Spanish 2, UCAS Military 2, Seattle Nightclubs 2)
Raiden
Again.are you sure that the /10 is not extra points for skill groups only?? I can't say as I am on my phone ATM.
Mister Juan
How are you getting 55? Unless skills cost ranks up after a certain number, which in that case ive missed that somewhere, then the numbers seem ok to me.
Mister Juan
From the char gen exemples on the book, the /x points for the skill groups are additional points.
Raiden
That's why I thought as well

Though I did count 55 in skills. Though it was hasty. Might have added groups. Lol
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 15 2013, 01:54 PM) *
Again.are you sure that the /10 is not extra points for skill groups only?? I can't say as I am on my phone ATM.

The number in the second column shows how
many points characters can use on skill groups. Skill
groups contain similar or complimentary skills that
a player purchases as a bundle. When a skill group is
purchased, the character is considered to have all the
individual skills of the skill group at the rating of the
group. the character wishes to break up the skill group
during game play and raise only one of the skills, he
is free to do so, but may not raise those skills as a skill
group again until all skills possess the same rating. Skill
group points may not be used to purchase individual
skills and vice versa. In addition, skill groups cannot be
broken up in this step, so individual skill points cannot
raise the ratings of skills purchased as a group. (Note
that skill groups can be broken up in Step Seven: Spend
Your Left Over Karma (p. 98).

Page 88, What The Numbers Mean, right column, top paragraph. It quite clearly outlines that the /10 is how many of those skill points can be used from your existing pool on skill groups.

EDIT: I could be wrong, though. In context, it certainly seems as if the /X is meant to be extra... hm.
Raiden
No it states skill group points MAY NOT be used to purchase individual Skills.

Edit: they are extra. Posted above before your edit. Lol
RelentlessImp
Welp, I guess my impression was wrong. Sometimes I wind up skipping an important line somewhere. Sorry. In that case, it's 45 points spent, and you've got a spare point. I'm gonna go take advantage of this on Paws right now.
Mister Juan
The fact it mentions "skill group points" word for word is what has me believing they are counted as extra. I know the same discussion was going on in another thread... Im posting from my phone as well right now so going arounf dumpshock is a bit of a pain smile.gif i guess well need a ruling from the gm on this one. Whatever it is ill be happy to comply smile.gif

Edit : nevermind me nyahnyah.gif
RelentlessImp
Yeah, it's this line that's the cincher. Somehow I missed it when I read through this part.

Skill group points may not be used to purchase individual skills and vice versa.

Sorry again, guys.
Mister Juan
Dont worry dude! There's nothing to be sorry about! This is our first chargen with a new system. We are bound to have hiccups. I mean, I find it comforting to know someone is dedicated enough to go over my sheet smile.gif so yea, dont sweat it buddy
RelentlessImp
Going through the cost calculations now. The Mini XX under grenades - these are grenades and not missiles/rockets, yes?
Slacker
Here's a link to my character: Saburo Masao (aka. Jengo)

Priority System:
A: Skills
B: Attributes
C: Nuyen
D: Metatype
E: Magic/Resonance

Carried over 695 nuyen from buying gear and rolled 17x100 for my starting nuyen based on my Middle Lifestyle. No karma was carried over.

Haven't come up with names for my contacts yet, but all do that as part of my backstory.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 15 2013, 03:29 PM) *
Going through the cost calculations now. The Mini XX under grenades - these are grenades and not missiles/rockets, yes?

They are grenades for grenade launchers. I put "Mini" in front to distinguish them from regular throw-able grenades smile.gif
RelentlessImp
Alright. George has 275,000 nuyen to his name. He's spent 265,485 of it, leaving him 9,515 nuyen. Assorted prices in spoiler for clarity.
[ Spoiler ]

Means he needs to spend around 4,515 nuyen to be under the max permitted for carry-over. I had to assume some things that you didn't have marked down, though; Combination lock being Rating 6, the sensors in your sensor tags being Rating 2 Single Sensors, etc.

EDIT: And I'm taking a break from staring at numbers for a little bit, I'll get to Jengo soon-ish.
Raiden
Just read I can cast a non combat spell as a simple. Then. Shoot/attack as a simple... epic!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 15 2013, 03:56 PM) *
Alright. George has 275,000 nuyen to his name. He's spent 265,485 of it, leaving him 9,515 nuyen. Assorted prices in spoiler for clarity.

Means he needs to spend around 4,515 nuyen to be under the max permitted for carry-over. I had to assume some things that you didn't have marked down, though; Combination lock being Rating 6, the sensors in your sensor tags being Rating 2 Single Sensors, etc.

EDIT: And I'm taking a break from staring at numbers for a little bit, I'll get to Jengo soon-ish.

Wow! You are motivated! Had I known you were going to stat that down, I would've sent you my excel sheet, save you some time smile.gif

Also, what you assumed is correct wink.gif

So.... 9 515... hummm... anyone got any suggestions? I guess I could cram mods into the helmet... I was thinking of buying some explosives, but I thought those were better left to the "buy when/if we need them category" since it's hard to plan on how many kg we might need.

Unless I upgrade Commlink and get it hardwire inside his nogging. Hum.
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 15 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Wow! You are motivated! Had I known you were going to stat that down, I would've sent you my excel sheet, save you some time smile.gif

Wouldn't have used it anyways, I can barely read spreadsheets (it's a failing of mine) and I'd rather pull the prices piece by piece out of the book just to be certain I'm getting the right numbers.

As to what you can spend that money on, I thought about suggesting upgrading your Americar, but the next step up in price is a Toyota Gopher at 25,000, which would leave you with only 515 remaining. Or you could downgrade and go with the classic Jackrabbit... XD
Mister Juan
I was actually thinking about going around and cutting a few things out to buy a second stock Americar. Since George has a family of 3 + his wife + his father, having a second car for the family might just make more sense nyahnyah.gif

Either that or I'm sinking money into a Ballistic shield and Roomsweeper or SMG for that time when we'll need that extra armor nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
Actually, considering the extra nuyens thing what would you guys say about this (if the GM allows it, of course!) : we all chip in to get a "team" lifestyle, mostly to represent a space we have/rent where we can lay low, plan things, build bombs wink.gif It could be very convenient.
Raiden
Sounds nice. By my character probably would NOT share his house with people lol. Not yet at least.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 15 2013, 06:00 PM) *
Sounds nice. By my character probably would NOT share his house with people lol. Not yet at least.

I don't doubt it wink.gif Like I said, if the GM allows it, we could just get something like a small warehouse with the bare-bone necessities.
imperialus
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 15 2013, 12:00 PM) *
Page 88, What The Numbers Mean, right column, top paragraph. It quite clearly outlines that the /10 is how many of those skill points can be used from your existing pool on skill groups.

EDIT: I could be wrong, though. In context, it certainly seems as if the /X is meant to be extra... hm.

Quick post here as I'm @ work, but I think my understanding of it matches with yours.
Slide
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 15 2013, 11:02 PM) *
I don't doubt it wink.gif Like I said, if the GM allows it, we could just get something like a small warehouse with the bare-bone necessities.

I have a small warehouse full of industrial gear.... If you freaking destroy my hydraulic lift so help me Big D....
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (imperialus @ Jul 15 2013, 05:19 PM) *
Quick post here as I'm @ work, but I think my understanding of it matches with yours.

Check some earlier posts when you get home, they're definitely extra points meant solely for skill groups.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 15 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Check some earlier posts when you get home, they're definitely extra points meant solely for skill groups.

Ah! Here we go! I found the exemple I was talking about to lay this whole thing to rest nyahnyah.gif

p.92
Rob the troll street samurai has chosen to use Priority Level
C for his character’s skills. This gives him 28 skill points and 2
skill group points.
Rob chooses the Athletics skill group for both
his skill group points. Because his character is combat-orientated,
Rob chooses buy Automatics 5, Blades 4, Computer 1, First
Aid 2, Heavy Weapons 1, Longarms 3, Perception 1, Pilot Ground
Craft 2, Pistols 2, Throwing Weapons 2, and Unarmed Combat 5.

smile.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Slide @ Jul 15 2013, 07:21 PM) *
I have a small warehouse full of industrial gear.... If you freaking destroy my hydraulic lift so help me Big D....

Well, George does have Industrial Mechanic so... worst comes to worst... nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012