Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR5 Errata Side Chatter
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sendaz
QUOTE (Ruffio @ Jul 21 2013, 02:43 AM) *
p. 112, Street Samurai Archetype: Essence should be 0.8, allowed Nuyen sum spent is exceeded by ca. 200k Nuyen, Contacts are missing.

Rumor has it he sold out his contacts to the cops and used the money on cyber. biggrin.gif
Draco18s
p. 125, Smuggler: Essence is 3.1, consequently Social Limit consequently drops to 5.

nyahnyah.gif
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Tzeentch @ Jul 20 2013, 10:34 PM) *
Neither of which covers Autosofts. Unless there is some missing text that ties them together?

Huh. My PDF has them. Hang on.

*checks*

Aw crud, I was thinking Activesofts, not Autosofts.

Nevermind.
Samoth
Should Hold Out pistol be able to accept INTERNAL mods (i.e. Smartlink?)
DeathStrobe
Are spirits no longer immune to normal weapons? I didn't see it in the book anywhere.
Tzeentch
QUOTE (DeathStrobe @ Jul 22 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Are spirits no longer immune to normal weapons? I didn't see it in the book anywhere.

As soon as they Materialize (p. 398) spirits gain Immunity to Normal Weapons.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (Tzeentch @ Jul 21 2013, 04:23 PM) *
As soon as they Materialize (p. 398) spirits gain Immunity to Normal Weapons.

Ah, thank you.
Skynet
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 22 2013, 02:10 PM) *
Unless I'm mistaken, "(health)" is the subtype. As opposed to, for example, (combat).

Spell foci now encompas:
-spellcasting foci
-ritual spellcasting foci
-counterspelling foci
and sustaining foci.

And if I'm not mistaken, you don't have the book/pdf (yet). So it's probably not the best idea to try to correct people on an errate thread. Not trying to be a dick here, but it just doesn't help.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Skynet @ Jul 22 2013, 07:22 AM) *
Spell foci now encompas:
-spellcasting foci
-ritual spellcasting foci
-counterspelling foci
and sustaining foci.

Derp. I read it as "has a spellcasting (health) focus." Whoops.

And if I'm not mistaken, you don't have the book/pdf (yet). So it's probably not the best idea to try to correct people on an errate thread. Not trying to be a dick here, but it just doesn't help.

And not to be a dick, but just because I don't have the book doesn't mean I can't point out possible misunderstandings when people post things. Those foci types existed in SR4, too.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Elve @ Jul 22 2013, 09:41 AM) *
There are no fetishes in SR5.

and the joygirls wept
binarywraith
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jul 22 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Because I was bound and determined that it was going to be in the book SOMEWHERE, and I failed to get it up front in Concepts or CharGen. So I put it in the section I wrote and called it good.

Thank you for getting it in there, at least!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 22 2013, 10:10 PM) *
and the joygirls wept
Heh - I just did a search of the pdf - fetishes are mentioned a few places, even in the sense of THAT kind of fetish. But no limited-spell fetishes anymore...
Sendaz
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 22 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Heh - I just did a search of the pdf - fetishes are mentioned a few places, even in the sense of THAT kind of fetish. But no limited-spell fetishes anymore...

heh, made you look didn't it.... nyahnyah.gif
Samoth
Why are cyber implant guns Restricted (except the grenade launcher), but cyber implant melee weapons are Forbidden?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Vicar @ Jul 24 2013, 11:47 AM) *
It seems to me that the Organ Culture specialization under Medicine should be removed, as the specializations were apparently copy&pasted from SR4A (they are identical) without regard to the brand-new SR5 skill Biotechnology.

Let me fix that for you:

"It seems to me that a lot of rules should be changed/removed, as the specifics were apparently copy&pasted from SR4A (as they are identical), without regard to the changes made in SR5."

Ayup.
Samoth
Do we have any word from anyone affiliated with Catalyst on when we can expect an errata?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Samoth @ Jul 24 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Do we have any word from anyone affiliated with Catalyst on when we can expect an errata?

chances are 50/50 between never and when 6th edition comes out right now . .
last i heard was that Patrick had managed to convice Hardy to let him have an official Errata-Thread on the official SR4 boards.
so judging from that, anything more sounds like an unreasonable expectation right now.
but eh, let's see if Mr.Goodman can't do a little bit more than that still.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Jul 19 2013, 04:44 PM) *
Yeah, given the picture, helical mag makes sense.

That said, I question how that has a heavy pistol's concealability.

Its a flaw of the system where they removed conceal as an attribute of weapons. Now every SMG has the same conceal when something like the uzi or ingram are much smaller than the AK. Similarly the descriptively huge Ruger is the same size as the browning ultra power. When they went through the trouble of adding a accuracy stat to promote diversity in guns they could have spent 5 minutes slapping conceal ratings on the guns as well. Though historically the room sweeper had a really high conceal for reasons I can't comprehend. Though I guess you can look at it like its not firing shotgun shells of any kind. Its just like if you put flechette rounds into your heavy pistol, its the added choke design that makes it shotgun like not the round. And given that all heavy pistol rounds are interchangeable even flechette rounds that seems to fit.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 24 2013, 04:06 PM) *
chances are 50/50 between never and when 6th edition comes out right now . .
last i heard was that Patrick had managed to convice Hardy to let him have an official Errata-Thread on the official SR4 boards.
so judging from that, anything more sounds like an unreasonable expectation right now.
but eh, let's see if Mr.Goodman can't do a little bit more than that still.

Come on now, they will publish the errata in the form of the 25th anniversary edition.
Isath
Right before SR6 ships, with a rule set, that is a mixture of SR5 and SR2 wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012