Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unstoppable Elven Technomancer Assassin!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
FuelDrop
You know, a mystic adept makes a far better choice of matrix character than a technomancer. Sure, you're going to be stretched to the limit with your starting resources, but between the ability to boost your logic by 4 with a spell (ditto with willpower), plus the option of boosting your skills with adept powers, plus the ability to use increased reflexes to make AR decking quite workable makes them a powerful choice after you get some karma behind them.
Slithery D
QUOTE (Jaid @ Sep 12 2013, 06:33 PM) *
no good.

"Magical damage from
weapon foci, combat spells, most critter or adept powers,
or Drain likewise can’t be healed by Regeneration."

if it won't work on drain, it's pretty much a shoe-in that it won't work for fading.

Who said anything about Fading? I'm talking about regular matrix damage. Make the fact you take stun instead of Matrix damage work for you. Just stand in a crowd of IC beating on you and laugh.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Slithery D @ Sep 12 2013, 05:55 PM) *
Who said anything about Fading? I'm talking about regular matrix damage. Make the fact you take stun instead of Matrix damage work for you. Just stand in a crowd of IC beating on you and laugh.

Regeneration is neither that fast nor that much.

At the end of every combat round, roll Magic dice, heal Hits worth of boxes.
Slithery D
Bwahaha! You haven't read the SR5 buff. It's now: " At the end of each Combat Turn, if the critter has any damage on either of its Condition Monitors, it makes a Magic + Body Test, adds its Body to the number of hits scored, and heals that many boxes of damage."

That said, I do think biofeedback damage, since it's all brain focused, should arguably not be affected by Regeneration.

But if possession rules stay more or less the same as SR4 the new sickness will be possession magicians channeling great form plant spirits. You'll never die.
Jaid
"Damage to the
brain or spinal cord (for example, a called shot to the
head) can’t be healed this way."

it's a bit iffy... i'm not sure where else a technomancer would take matrix damage to. i mean, it's not like you're getting punched in the kidney when you're taking that matrix damage.

not to mention half the IC isn't trying to brick your hardware. most of the ones that do matrix damage either also deal biofeedback (which is definitely brain damage) or lower matrix attributes first (which means good luck getting away from the ones that are specifically trying to give you biofeedback). or find your physical location so you can get bricked in a more direct manner (generally involving a brick and your head attempting to occupy the same physical location at the same time, which incidentally is also likely to cause brain damage).
Draco18s
QUOTE (Slithery D @ Sep 12 2013, 06:42 PM) *
Bwahaha! You haven't read the SR5 buff. It's now: " At the end of each Combat Turn, if the critter has any damage on either of its Condition Monitors, it makes a Magic + Body Test, adds its Body to the number of hits scored, and heals that many boxes of damage."

Regen no longer sucks. Awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012