Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concealed carry
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Sendaz
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 10 2014, 08:14 PM) *
You should make a touch range version too, for those who want less drain nyahnyah.gif

I would, but I suspect someone on your team would use it. nyahnyah.gif

Oh and if I did, it gets renamed 'Darwin's Natural Selection'.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 10 2014, 09:14 PM) *
You should make a touch range version too, for those who want less drain nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Mar 10 2014, 10:01 PM) *

Yeah, for a second I thought: "who would be stupid to use a spell with a touch range version that makes explosives explode? rotfl.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Mar 11 2014, 09:01 AM) *

My team's safe. No mages.

I do like the name you came up with there smile.gif

Now this is completely off topic but I'm wondering: Do any teams out there run with 1kg commercial explosives packets pre-prepared as breaching charges? 10+2xnet hits damage against half armour is going to go through most doors like a knife through butter.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Mar 11 2014, 09:24 AM) *
Yeah, for a second I thought: "who would be stupid to use a spell with a touch range version that makes explosives explode? rotfl.gif

I wonder if you could curse someone with that? Kind of like the Midas touch, but instead of everything turning to gold anything that can go boom goes boom?
Sendaz
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 10 2014, 09:29 PM) *
I wonder if you could curse someone with that? Kind of like the Midas touch, but instead of everything turning to gold anything that can go boom goes boom?

Gremlins 6.66

Yes, Gremlins normally only goes up to 4, but at 6.66 anything goes......

Having a Spirit use Accident and land a critical glitch could also be fun...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 10 2014, 07:27 PM) *
Now this is completely off topic but I'm wondering: Do any teams out there run with 1kg commercial explosives packets pre-prepared as breaching charges? 10+2xnet hits damage against half armour is going to go through most doors like a knife through butter.

I do that with my Russian Mercenary.
thorya
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 10 2014, 08:27 PM) *
My team's safe. No mages.

I do like the name you came up with there smile.gif

I don't understand the question. Why would you use just 1 kg of commercial explosives to breach a door? And why bother looking for a door, walls work just as well if you brought almost enough explosives (you can never have enough, obviously)? Or just demolish the building and then you don't need to go inside at all?
Drace
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 10 2014, 08:27 PM) *

The few times I have played eiter a Sammie or a gunbunny I generally have several premade shaped charges in various sizes just for different occasions, as well as a brick of some (why I trough the door or wall when you can stuff it into the cracks near a structural weak point as blow the whole area down (or go after just the hinges if you're DM can b convinced. Also why hinges were removed from the world in one game I played)

As for he touch spell, I yet again could see a great use for it in 3 different ways:

1) Ritual spellcasting on patsy/victim. Great for terrorists an extremists, as well as diabolical magical groups

2) Alchemical preparation. Turn any household object into the detonator

3) Spell, force 4 spirit if man can have one spell as their additional power. Spirit bombers.
kzt
QUOTE (Drace @ Mar 10 2014, 02:37 PM) *
I could be wrong, and if I am my bad, but I'm pretty sure standard detonators used for c4 will still produce the electrical shock wave needed, just without having to have the cords attached. And the high intensity heat.

There is no electrical shock wave, it's a blast wave from an explosion that sets off secondary explosives like C4.
Drace
QUOTE (kzt @ Mar 11 2014, 01:18 PM) *
There is no electrical shock wave, it's a blast wave from an explosion that sets off secondary explosives like C4.

Already edited my post to show my mistake in assuming it needed an electrically caused shockwave and intense heat rather than any type of blast shock wave (electrical or otherwise). But thanks for pointing it out again??
psychophipps
Mil-spec explosives are some pretty high-tech shit. Pretty sure you'd be looking at an object resistance roll there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012