Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who owns Colt Firearms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Sendaz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 24 2015, 08:24 AM) *
You know... it's funny, I shot a 1911 for well over a decade, and never had a single stoppage, ever. Wish I still owned that gun... to bad it was stolen along with most of my other ones.

Well the thing is they always said if you able to maintain it well, you rarely had problems.
And to be fair, you were always one for more attention to detail as well as having uncanny luck so not surprised you never saw malfunctions.

However if you couldn't keep up with maintenance you had a lot more problems. And this was something a lot of troops in the last few years were facing due having little downtime for such things.
Or if you had bad luck like myself, Murphy was a common visitor.
Like the time the pin fell out of a grenade during practice.

Anyway, compare this to the AK family, which really are not the best weapon out there, but it is perfect for many as it can take a lot of abuse and still function despite poor maintenance.
So you can pretty much hand it to everyone from a child soldier to shanghaied locals and still get a lot of mileage out of it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jun 24 2015, 07:15 AM) *
Well the thing is they always said if you able to maintain it well, you rarely had problems.
And to be fair, you were always one for more attention to detail as well as having uncanny luck so not surprised you never saw malfunctions.

However if you couldn't keep up with maintenance you had a lot more problems. And this was something a lot of troops in the last few years were facing due having little downtime for such things.
Or if you had bad luck like myself, Murphy was a common visitor.
Like the time the pin fell out of a grenade during practice.

Anyway, compare this to the AK family, which really are not the best weapon out there, but it is perfect for many as it can take a lot of abuse and still function despite poor maintenance.
So you can pretty much hand it to everyone from a child soldier to shanghaied locals and still get a lot of mileage out of it.

Yeah, I am pretty anal when it comes to weapon maintenance. Ill maintained weapons tend to get you killed, often when you need them the most... smile.gif
For me, I tend to have far and away more issues with Faulty Ammo (especially when I was burning 500+ rounds/week) than I ever did with mechanical issues.

As for Murphy, well, you cannot really do anything about that except try to minimize the times when he can rear his ugly head.

Yep, AK's are pretty rugged, especially compared to the M16/M4 family of weapons.
Wothanoz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 24 2015, 10:32 AM) *
Yep, AK's are pretty rugged, especially compared to the M16/M4 family of weapons.

As far as ruggedness goes, I've repaired my AK with a masterlock, by the simple expedient of simply whanging on it until everything went into place and worked. Thank the lawd.
Sendaz
Morongo Tribe to the Rescue?

I like the quote at the end by their attorney where he said. “We have gone to great lengths to get our hands on Colts, just ask General Custer.” biggrin.gif

Plus we might finally see THIS make production.....
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 2 2015, 01:52 PM) *
Morongo Tribe to the Rescue?

I like the quote at the end by their attorney where he said. “We have gone to great lengths to get our hands on Colts, just ask General Custer.” biggrin.gif

Plus we might finally see THIS make production.....

It's so awesome it makes me want to cry. If Colt is owned by Native Americans, it will be so hyper-American that it will practically violate the laws of physics. I wouldn't normally spend lots of money on a Colt, but if it gets owned by Native Americans, I would save up to buy one.

They should do TV ads and product promotions in that case. Have a costumed General Custer be like, "EVERYONE WANTS TO GET THEIR HANDS ON MY COLTS!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012