Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edition Discussion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Glyph
In SR5, only astral forms can slow or affect another astral form. The book talks about being "unimpeded by material objects such as walls, floors, and burly goons", so living things that are not astrally active don't seem to impede astral movement in any way. However, the earth itself has an astral form, and "astral forms cannot pass through it".
DeathStrobe
I just realized FAB 2 doesn't make sense. Normally when an astral form passes through another one they fight each other and whoever wins, wins, and who ever loses gets disrupted. FAB 1 dies, so seems fitting but FAB 2 just gets pushed out of the way and slows astral movement.
Cochise
QUOTE (Link @ Feb 13 2015, 03:07 AM) *
Fields of Fire in second ed introduced Battle-Tac and Small unit tactics skill which was revised in Cannon Companion with additional material in Matrix.

... and Rigger 3
Sengir
QUOTE (DeathStrobe @ Feb 13 2015, 05:11 AM) *
I just realized FAB 2 doesn't make sense. Normally when an astral form passes through another one they fight each other and whoever wins, wins, and who ever loses gets disrupted.

Depends: If two astral forms are forcefully pushed together (the classic "ghoul in elevator passing through ward" scenario), things get nasty. But astral forms can purposefully push through barriers without either getting disrupted.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 13 2015, 10:45 AM) *
(the classic "ghoul in elevator passing through ward" scenario)

The Job Interview:
Mr. NotAGhoul: "Uh, can you turn off the ward between the lobby and your office? I might have some trouble, I am dual natured."
Mr. Bossman: "Can't you turn that off?"
Mr. NotAGhoul: "Nooo...."
Mr. Bossman: "I'm not hiring no ghouls." >:(
binarywraith
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 13 2015, 09:51 AM) *
The Job Interview:
Mr. NotAGhoul: "Uh, can you turn off the ward between the lobby and your office? I might have some trouble, I am dual natured."
Mr. Bossman: "Can't you turn that off?"
Mr. NotAGhoul: "Nooo...."
Mr. Bossman: "I'm not hiring no ghouls." >:(

Ghoul critically glitched his con.

Mr. NotAGhoul : "Do I ask you to turn off your eyes and ears? No. If this is how you treat rare and valuable arcane talent, clearly we have nothing further to discuss."
Draco18s
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Feb 13 2015, 05:35 PM) *
Ghoul critically glitched his con.

nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012