Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Augmentation / Chrome Flesh Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
branford
What's the functional difference between Symbiots (SR5, p. 459-460) and Nanosymbiots (CF, p. 148), and under what scenario would it actually be more advantageous to attempt to acquire the latter.

The Nanosymbiots appear far more illegal, unavailable, expensive, have a lower max Rating, and depending on how one interprets the descriptions, do not provide any bonus to healing while under professional medical care.

Symbiots: [Add Rating as dice pool modifier to healing tests (physical and stun)]

Rating: 1-4
Essence: Rating x 0.2
Availability: Rating x 5
Cost Rating x 3500¥
+ Upkeep Rating x 200¥ /month or 0¥ with High Lifestyle

Note: Upkeep cost can be eliminated with Complimentary Genetics: Enhanced Symbiosis [Essence 0.1 / Availability 6 / Cost 4,000¥]

Nanosymbiots: [Add Rating as dice pool modifier to healing tests through natural recovery]

Rating: 1-3
Essence: 0
Availability: 8F
Cost: Rating x 6000¥

+Must Have Soft Nanohive at equal Rating as nanites

Rating: 1-6
Availability: (Rating x 5) R
Cost: Rating x 10,000¥

Also, would bonuses from Symbiotes and Nanosymbiotes stack?

Similarly, would the healing and resistance test bonuses also stack with the relevant nanotech (Anti-Tox, Nanidotes) and bioware such as Amplified Immune System, Nephritic Screen, Pathogenic Defense, Toxin Filter, Tracheal Filter, etc.?
branford
Follow-up question:

What the difference between Amplified Immune System (CF, p. 112-12) and Pathogenic Defense (SR5, p. 459). They both just add their Rating to Disease Resistance Tests.

It would appear that the Pathogenic Defense (enhanced spleen) would be subsumed by the AIS (which mentions an upgraded spleen and other upgrades) based on the descriptions. Oddly, the seemingly more limited PD Rating goes up to 6, while AIS is limited to 4. Moreover, while they have the same Essence Ratings, the PD is a mere Availability Rating x 2, while AIS is rating x 7. The only benefit to AIS is a slightly lower cost.

Also, do the PD and AIS bioware bonuses stack?
branford
As an additional follow-up, it really appears that many of the augmentations in Chrome Flesh were not balanced or harmonized with the corebook. Since most of these upgrades are the same as SR4, it's all the more surprising and disappointing.

For example, lets compare the Toxin Extractor (SR5, p. 460) with the Nephritic Screen (CF, p. 113), both basic biotech anti-toxin augmentations. As demonstrated below, why the heck would anyone choose the Toxin Extractor as it costs a LOT more essence, is more expensive, less readily available and has significantly fewer benefits?

Toxin Extractor: [Adds Rating to dice pool for Toxin Resistance Tests]

Availability: Rating x 3
Cost: Rating x 4,800¥

Nephritic Screen: [Adds Rating to dice pool for Toxin Resistance Tests AND Disease Resistance Tests AND reduces chance of drug addiction and other drug-related effects and duration ]

Essence: Rating x 0.05
Availability: Rating x 2
Cost: Rating x 4,000¥
Wakshaani
QUOTE (branford @ Jul 2 2015, 06:32 PM) *
Follow-up question:

What the difference between Amplified Immune System (CF, p. 112-12) and Pathogenic Defense (SR5, p. 459). They both just add their Rating to Disease Resistance Tests.

It would appear that the Pathogenic Defense (enhanced spleen) would be subsumed by the AIS (which mentions an upgraded spleen and other upgrades) based on the descriptions. Oddly, the seemingly more limited PD Rating goes up to 6, while AIS is limited to 4. Moreover, while they have the same Essence Ratings, the PD is a mere Availability Rating x 2, while AIS is rating x 7. The only benefit to AIS is a slightly lower cost.

Also, do the PD and AIS bioware bonuses stack?

That one's my albatros. I have a big pile of notes from jumping through every edition's main book, Augmentations, Shadowtech, and my own crazed imagination, and somewhere in there, two things happened:

One, I thought that the Encephlon was in the SR5 core book (it isn't) and two I thought that the Pathogenic Defense wasn't (it is) ... so I put the wrong dang thing in Chrome Flesh. That one's totally on me, and when we get the errata together, we'll get a fix. I'm gonna carry that one for a while, though. Stupid notes.

It's a straight-up mistake, and I'm eatting this one fully.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 3 2015, 04:49 PM) *
That one's my albatros. I have a big pile of notes from jumping through every edition's main book, Augmentations, Shadowtech, and my own crazed imagination, and somewhere in there, two things happened:

One, I thought that the Encephlon was in the SR5 core book (it isn't) and two I thought that the Pathogenic Defense wasn't (it is) ... so I put the wrong dang thing in Chrome Flesh. That one's totally on me, and when we get the errata together, we'll get a fix. I'm gonna carry that one for a while, though. Stupid notes.

It's a straight-up mistake, and I'm eatting this one fully.

First step in getting better is admitting that you are wrong.
At least you are admitting it and not trying to make it look like something else.
That in itself is worth a bit already. Not many people do that.
branford
I was actually just about to add another questions about the encephalon. I was looking at all the 5e books, and thought I was loosing my mind when I couldn't find it. Glad I'm not nuts. smile.gif As long as we get a comprehensive errata, no harm, no foul, as far as I'm concerned.

As I indicated in my other questions, some of the descriptions and essence/price/availability costs really do warrant another look and greater clarification and harmonization.

For instance, I was rereading my 4e Augmentation, and realized a BIG downside to the Nephritic Screen in that edition was it only applied to slow acting toxins and diseases. That is a pretty significant disadvantage that was omitted from Chrome Flesh that might justify the choosing a higher cost Toxin Extractor.

A number of cyber and bioware items from Augmentation also didn't make it into Chrome Flesh. Was this intentional, or due to space restrictions?

Lastly, do the bonuses for various augmentations, particularly nanoware, that have similar effects (e.g., rolls to resist toxins and disease or heal) stack, or does only the highest bonus apply?

Thanks.

Wakshaani
For now, the cyber and bio stack, but I don't know on the Gene stuff. That's a *rough* ruling until errata for Chrome Flesh gets an official sticker ... I'll likely rewrite the rules on some troublesome bits (Like the Immune System) to try and smooth away those lumps. Call it a temporary patch until we can get you into surgery. biggrin.gif

*Most* of the cyber and bio made it in, some didn't mostly because of redundancy. If something gave a bonus to disease and something gave a bonus to poison, and something else gave disease *and* poison, it kind of eliminated the need for other stuff. Some was removed if it just didn't quite click with the current 'feel' of the game, or if it never got used. Space wasn't a real problem as I had a *lot* of room to work, but I was more focused on getting more things in than fewer, more rules-heavy stuff. I'd rather have four things with three sentences each than one with three paragraphs. Simpler is (often) better.

I'll see if they'll let me do a "Chrome Flesh Augmentation" mini-PDF that will add a few things that were missed (Encephlon! Crap!), explain the concept of the Essence Hole, and a few other little things. If there are any old bits that aren't in the current book that you feel SHOULD be, by all means, flag 'em here and I'll see what I can do.
Stahlseele
Seems like you might be in need of some mnemonic enhancement nyahnyah.gif ^^
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 3 2015, 10:06 AM) *

You have no idea. *weeps*

biggrin.gif
branford
With or without CFD, nanotech is supposed to be the cutting edge in cybernetics, with benefits that justify its high cost, risk and restricted access. However, many of the nanites (with hives), particularly the soft nanites, are inferior to or an extremely poor value compared to identically or very similarly performing cyber or biotech augmentations, as I indicated by way of example in my post about the symbiotes vs. the nanosymbiotes.

I would suggest reverting to the 4e Augmentation mechanics where an nanohive could simultaneously maintain its Rating number of active nanite systems, rather than the current rule of one active hard system per hard nanohive, or only one total nanite system per soft hive. This would substantially lower the price and essence cost and make nanotech a far better overall value.

Also, is it possible to maintain an Anti-Tox or O-Cell Rating 9 nanite colony with a soft nanohive, or are these systems limited to Rating 6 when utilizing a a nanohive since nanohive Ratings are limited to 6. Further, are nanosymbiotes supposed to be limited to a max Rating 3, or is that a typo, considering regular symbiotes can achieve Rating 4?

Thanks.

branford
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 3 2015, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 3 2015, 11:09 AM) *

biggrin.gif

I don't know about the two of you, but I could certainly use a Sleep Regulator. smile.gif
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 3 2015, 10:09 AM) *

biggrin.gif
How about an External Memory?
Fatum
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 3 2015, 06:48 PM) *
If there are any old bits that aren't in the current book that you feel SHOULD be, by all means, flag 'em here and I'll see what I can do.
As I've already said in the thread on the book itself, where's Simsense Booster?
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jul 3 2015, 03:06 PM) *
As I've already said in the thread on the book itself, where's Simsense Booster?

I'm trying to even remember that one. I know I never had anyone *take* it in my games, but, my game does not equal ALL games, clearly.

Anything else jump out as a miss? I'm trying to make a list.
branford
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 3 2015, 06:58 PM) *
I'm trying to even remember that one. I know I never had anyone *take* it in my games, but, my game does not equal ALL games, clearly.

Anything else jump out as a miss? I'm trying to make a list.

I would like to see the return of:

Data Filter, Aug, p. 36
Eye Laser System, Aug, p. 39
Echolocation, Aug. p. 63
Enhanced Pheremone Receptors (or some form of biotech enhanced smell), Aug., p. 64 (also can use a biotech version of taste booster)
Metabolic Arrester, Aug, p. 66
Thermosense Organs, Aug. p. 70 (allows simultaneous use with other biotech sight enhancements like Cat Eyes)
Digestive Expansion, SR20, p. 345

Also, particularly since it's actually mentioned in the fluff on CF, p. 197, an aquatic Environmental Microadaptation would be interesting (either fish or mammalian)

Edit: Although I don't believe it has ever appeared in a SR book, I recall GURPS Biotech had an interesting bioware secondary heart. A SR version in either bio or cyber would be fun and very useful for the violent life of a shadowrunner.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jul 3 2015, 02:06 PM) *

There is no need for it. With the Multidimensional Coprocessor from Data Trails, deckers hit their +5d6 limit for initiative while in hotsim. And TMs have an echo.
Draco18s
QUOTE (branford @ Jul 3 2015, 12:45 PM) *
I don't know about the two of you, but I could certainly use a Sleep Regulator. smile.gif

I absolutely need both. I sleep like shit, don't get enough, and I sleep light (snorers? Can't be in the same room with 'em).
Fatum
QUOTE (DeathStrobe @ Jul 4 2015, 05:11 AM) *
There is no need for it. With the Multidimensional Coprocessor from Data Trails, deckers hit their +5d6 limit for initiative while in hotsim. And TMs have an echo.
First, if you ever opened 4e books, you should know that Simsense Booster specifically allows higher IP count that'd be possible otherwise, by the normal rules.
Second, even without changing the rules, the implant would serve as an alternative to the deck module. It's generally easier to lose your deck than your headware; but this additional security would be paid by Essence.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 3 2015, 11:15 AM) *
How about an External Memory?

That is just a computer... apparently it did not assist in this matter. :0
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jul 4 2015, 06:50 AM) *
First, if you ever opened 4e books, you should know that Simsense Booster specifically allows higher IP count that'd be possible otherwise, by the normal rules.
Second, even without changing the rules, the implant would serve as an alternative to the deck module. It's generally easier to lose your deck than your headware; but this additional security would be paid by Essence.

If you lose your deck you're screwed and may was well just retire your character. You just lost a third of a million nuyen (or higher), and it's not very likely you'll be getting that back anytime soon.

As for your other reasons, those are fair enough, but one extra 6d on average is only going to be +3 initiative. That's not a lot and won't help deckers deal with the problem that all Matrix actions are complex.
Jaid
it seemed like it would be really awful, but not a total write-off, if you lose your deck now. from what i understand, it is possible to put together a discount deck that, while not great, is at least able to function, for a relatively low cost.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jul 4 2015, 01:16 PM) *
it seemed like it would be really awful, but not a total write-off, if you lose your deck now. from what i understand, it is possible to put together a discount deck that, while not great, is at least able to function, for a relatively low cost.

That's one of the things that I truly despise about 5th edition. The initial bar to entry for anyone trying to being a decker. It costs so damn much to get into the decking game!

I also miss (unless I missed it somewhere), the rule that was in 4th edition about the lower half of cyber/bioware costing half the Essence when calculating your Essence loss.
Wakshaani
The half-Essence rule was turfed, yeah. I *hope* that we eventually see Cyberdecks drop in price. It's ... a difficult topic.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 5 2015, 12:24 AM) *
That's one of the things that I truly despise about 5th edition. The initial bar to entry for anyone trying to being a decker. It costs so damn much to get into the decking game!

"Niche-Protection-Money!"
I also miss (unless I missed it somewhere), the rule that was in 4th edition about the lower half of cyber/bioware costing half the Essence when calculating your Essence loss.

So . . bioware now costs essence and the lower ammount does not get halved anymore to be able to fit more in?
That's a pretty big nerf for the mundanes with ware in my eyes O.o
branford
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 4 2015, 07:22 PM) *
So . . bioware now costs essence and the lower amount does not get halved anymore to be able to fit more in?

However, the current system is simpler, and alpha, beta and deltaware (and gammaware??) is now much cheaper to help offset the minor effective bump in essence cost due to the elimination of the old rule.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (DeathStrobe @ Jul 4 2015, 09:00 AM) *
If you lose your deck you're screwed and may was well just retire your character. You just lost a third of a million nuyen (or higher), and it's not very likely you'll be getting that back anytime soon.

As for your other reasons, those are fair enough, but one extra 6d on average is only going to be +3 initiative. That's not a lot and won't help deckers deal with the problem that all Matrix actions are complex.

Not necessarily. That COULD happen (retirement) but does not mean that it WILL happen.

Well, apparently you missed that not all Matric Actions are Complex Actions. SO... *shrug* smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 4 2015, 04:22 PM) *
So . . bioware now costs essence and the lower ammount does not get halved anymore to be able to fit more in?

Pretty Much... It is not that big of a deal, really, since the Costs for Better grade ware came WAY down.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 4 2015, 05:22 PM) *
"Niche-Protection-Money!"

I have a story character that this change in Essence calculation for implants means his death. Since Chrome Flesh has been released I haven't gone to checking on everything he has, but I am pretty sure that his 2.0# will turn negative real easily.
Fatum
QUOTE (DeathStrobe @ Jul 4 2015, 07:00 PM) *
Well, welcome to the realities of 5e, where a single well-aimed bullet makes your character useless.
I mean, hackers must participate in combat, right? Half the new rules are entirely devoted to supporting that idea.

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 5 2015, 01:24 AM) *
Actually, with the new dongles from Data Trails you can technically hack even with a commlink, but it's setting you back years to get a new deck.
Wakshaani
To a degree, there *is* a "niche tax" in effect... You need X to be a good Samurai, Y to be a good Mage, Z to be a good Decker, etc.

I feel that the "tax" for being a Decker is currently too high, but, it wasn't my call to make. There are many voices in the development team and while you win some, you also lose some.

I also wanted the costs broken up more, using teh old Hardware + Software split, and letting you upgrade some parts gradually, so that a single mistake wouldn't wipe you out and would allowyou to gradually improve your gear, rather than save up for an entire career to move up a step.

Perhaps in the future! But not for now, with Matrix 3.0 so new and untested. Alas, alas.
binarywraith
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 4 2015, 06:09 PM) *
The half-Essence rule was turfed, yeah. I *hope* that we eventually see Cyberdecks drop in price. It's ... a difficult topic.

Eh, I'm more than happy to see it gone since bio and cyber now effectively duplicate all of each other's effects. When bioware was mostly stuff you couldn't get with cyberware, it wasn't just a discount for mix-and-matching.
branford
New Questions:

Does the biotech Tail (CF, p. 115) provide the same bonuses as the cybertech Balance Tail (CF, p. 85)?

The biotech Tail's description indicates that it assists with balance (and even has the same essence cost as the Balance Tail), but it does not mention any actual mechanical advantages such as the increased Physical Limit for balance or knockdown tests expressly listed for the Balance Tail?

Also, shouldn't the biotech Tail have a lower essence cost, particularly if no bonuses are provided?

Edit:

Do Nanocybernetic Augmentations like nanohives come in different grades like bio and cyberware?

CF, p. 146 states that nanoware has no essence cost and does not come in grades, but that nanocybernetics do carry an essence cost. There's not mention concerning grades.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 4 2015, 09:44 PM) *
To a degree, there *is* a "niche tax" in effect... You need X to be a good Samurai, Y to be a good Mage, Z to be a good Decker, etc.

I feel that the "tax" for being a Decker is currently too high, but, it wasn't my call to make. There are many voices in the development team and while you win some, you also lose some.

I also wanted the costs broken up more, using teh old Hardware + Software split, and letting you upgrade some parts gradually, so that a single mistake wouldn't wipe you out and would allowyou to gradually improve your gear, rather than save up for an entire career to move up a step.

Perhaps in the future! But not for now, with Matrix 3.0 so new and untested. Alas, alas.

I'm okay with Deckers being gear reliant. It gives them a progression niché. Deckers and Riggers need gear. Sams need a bit of everything. The awakened and TMs need a lot of karma. It'd be kind of cool if there was a way for the archetypes to trade karma and nuyen, to create a weird economy of trade among the players, but that gets a bit too gamy.
Uli
As usual, I ask things about cyberlimbs:

Do I still have to buy Agility and Strength for cyberlimbs and -skulls?
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Uli @ Jul 8 2015, 12:27 AM) *
As usual, I ask things about cyberlimbs:

Do I still have to buy Agility and Strength for cyberlimbs and -skulls?

They all still start at 3, so yes on limbs. Skulls, not so much.
Uli
So, no attributes on skulls and (hopefully) torsos, either?
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Uli @ Jul 8 2015, 11:13 AM) *
So, no attributes on skulls and (hopefully) torsos, either?

Not currently, no. In revious editions, you could put stats on your Torso, at the least, because of a little problem with cyber arms and fleshy joints resulting in RIIIIPP!, which nobody wante dto see. Getting a Torso with strength mods to serve a steh anhor prevented that, but, teh current Toros doesn't have enough apacity for that I don't *think*. I want to bring in a new Skull and Torso that are more modifiable, but, not quite there yet.

The main reaosn to do it is for teh stat average effect, of course.
Stahlseele
The Problem was there, yes, but it came from a different point than the RRRIIP.
It stemmed from the fact that torso and skull both were counted as limbs and your attributes were averaged using all 6 limbs(2xArm, 2xLeg, Torso, Head) as far as i remember.
You never NEEDED a Torso to be able to mount high STR Limbs into your Body. The Limbs cost progressively more and more essence, the higher your STR went on them though, which was NOT the case with a Torso. With a Torso, you only paid the flat 1 Essence or 0,8 Essence at alpha for the limbs.
Uli
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 8 2015, 07:17 PM) *
Not currently, no. In revious editions, you could put stats on your Torso, at the least, because of a little problem with cyber arms and fleshy joints resulting in RIIIIPP!, which nobody wante dto see. Getting a Torso with strength mods to serve a steh anhor prevented that, but, teh current Toros doesn't have enough apacity for that I don't *think*. I want to bring in a new Skull and Torso that are more modifiable, but, not quite there yet.

The main reaosn to do it is for teh stat average effect, of course.

I consider this RAW from now on. Thank you, buddy! smile.gif
Uli
...wait, I think, I misunderstood (to a part deliberately): I wanted to know, if you can buy attributes for torsos and skulls at all. You answered, when it makes sense (for a better average in many situations, that is).

I had hoped, you just don't count torsos and skulls for the attribute calculation. Well, I will survive. wink.gif
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 4 2015, 07:50 PM) *
Pretty Much... It is not that big of a deal, really, since the Costs for Better grade ware came WAY down.

Even with the cost coming down, it is still impossible to fit all the cyber/bioware that a Sammy needs. With the Half Essence rule the Sammy could do it without going negative Essence.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 9 2015, 08:29 AM) *
Even with the cost coming down, it is still impossible to fit all the cyber/bioware that a Sammy needs. With the Half Essence rule the Sammy could do it without going negative Essence.

Just means that all Street Sams will not be 'ware clones. They will have some diversity to them, based upon prioritized preferences, which I see as a good thing. But in the End, at Delta Grade, there won't be much lacking, if anything. smile.gif
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 9 2015, 12:33 PM) *
Just means that all Street Sams will not be 'ware clones. They will have some diversity to them, based upon prioritized preferences, which I see as a good thing. But in the End, at Delta Grade, there won't be much lacking, if anything. smile.gif

How do Runners get deltaware? I mean there's only 7 or 8 places on the whole PLANET that do that kind of work! Honestly the best a Runner should be able to get is Beta. Beta, you can spoof yourself an appointment, get the 'ware, and then erase the records. Delta... not so much.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 10 2015, 09:38 PM) *
How do Runners get deltaware? I mean there's only 7 or 8 places on the whole PLANET that do that kind of work! Honestly the best a Runner should be able to get is Beta. Beta, you can spoof yourself an appointment, get the 'ware, and then erase the records. Delta... not so much.

There's more Delta than that, but not by much. It's around two dozen now, give or take.

But, yeah, getting some is *not* easy. In North America, you can find 'em in Vancouver (Universal Omnitech), Detroit (Ares HQ), and Boston (NeoNET HQ) ... DocWagon's trying to get a Delta clinic up in Atlanta, but doesn't have it running yet. There *might* be one in Alberquerque as well. Maybe.
Medicineman
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 10 2015, 10:38 PM) *

Fueled by another Thread (either in the CGL Forum or from the Pegasusforum)
I memorized that there's about 20- (max) 30 Deltaclinics Worldwwide.
As Rule of Thumb I consider 10 of these as Topsecret ( each Megacorp has one but they will never acept Patients other than from their own Ranks),
10 of these as Semi-secret ( Corps and Gouvernments use these semi-officially for their Top/Richest patients and these Clinics may even "share Patients")
and 5 +(max 10) may be official known but you still need to find a Way to get accepted/treated there. These are NOT owned by Corps but either independant or (maybe) Gouvernment funded
and 5 + (max 10) Clinics Worldwide is fucking rare enough (ImO)

with a rare Dance
Medicineman
Fatum
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jul 11 2015, 09:18 AM) *
and 5 +(max 10) may be official known but you still need to find a Way to get accepted/treated there. These are NOT owned by Corps but either independant or (maybe) Gouvernment funded
Given that even megas struggle to establish delta-clinics, I can't exactly see those as private enterprises, if only because the owners of one would likely be considered an A-corp of their own. Same goes for governmental clinics accessible to general public.

My understanding of the way runners get deltaware is much more simplistic. By the time they earn enough to consider delta, they're likely already on a retainer for good. So the one holding the leash is the one providing the clinic (of course, with the usual little pleasant surprises letting a corp implant stuff into you entails).
SpellBinder
Interesting how SR4's Augmentation had an Availability 24/1 week test to be able to find a medical provider where deltaware implantation was possible, and that was for going through black market channels.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 10 2015, 07:38 PM) *

My TM just managed to get an appointment for her new, shiny Delta Datajack in Chiba. Guess I get to travel a bit (Campaign is in Guangdong). smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 11 2015, 08:10 AM) *
Interesting how SR4's Augmentation had an Availability 24/1 week test to be able to find a medical provider where deltaware implantation was possible, and that was for going through black market channels.

Indeed... Of course, by the time you are interested in such services and actually have the money for such, then it is not so far a stretch to see it being introduced into the campaign. smile.gif
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 11 2015, 09:52 AM) *
Indeed... Of course, by the time you are interested in such services and actually have the money for such, then it is not so far a stretch to see it being introduced into the campaign. smile.gif
True. Writing up one for a character about to get a delta grade arm replacement (among other things), and even though it's not listed I figure NYC is a big enough place to have a facility capable of doing delta grade cybernetics, especially when the Corporate Court has their earthly headquarters in Manhattan. With the potential bigwigs that do have deltaware (like Damien Knight) that might be there at any given time there's gotta be someplace close to handle that level of care in case the worst might ever happen to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012