Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mulcarn
I guess I'll be the first to say - Welcome Overkill!
Kuirem
Didn't even knew we were having a new players I thought we were close to the end biggrin.gif

Welcome
Gilga
An end is a new beggining no wink.gif Welcome abroad.
Imladir
Note that when Nyx sends a message to the Team, that includes Iris and Ayato (but not Maxwell), as no one told her about Ayato / Iris being involved.
Or that Maxwell had been found, which is why he's not included.
Ennui
So did we get anything for the farm job? I remember there was karma but not how much. Thanms.
Imladir
Money 21k (for now), it came from selling pixies to the vampires.
Karma... It was 5 think? I may be wrong, I didn't put them down...
Gilga
I think that I awarded you 21 karma so far, and yes 21k each for selling sapient critters to be eaten by vampires.
Imladir
Except that they weren't sapient, since they don't even have a mind (or have never been awake, which is kind of the same).
Gilga
Heavily influenced by the matrix - at chipped shortly after birth and their personality is completely artificial.
Kuirem
21 karma is what I noted as well.
Ennui
I will give Slim a call then to see about a coyote to cross over. If nothing else I can hike a mile or two and have my car meet me on the other side of the border.
Gilga
Is anyone waiting on me?
Ennui
Your okay with the way I'm getting back mostly. I don't know how much you want to do it or if I need to
Gilga
Well you need a Coyote to get back and the car won't cross without you. (You do have a link of a Coyote left by Ayato). If you cross the border without one you are taking a risk, security is stricter for things going out of Seattle then going in - but you might encounter border guards from both countries.
Ennui
Can slim find me one or am I hiking?
Gilga
Slim can find you one, but it'll take a few days to arrange a crossing.
Jack_Spade
How exactly did Irris cross the border in the first place? Can't she just reverse the course she took?

Oh, and could it be that Nyx neglected to discuss a salary for the team's efforts with the Finnegans?
Imladir
What efforts? Everything done up to now still comes under the heading of securing the farm, no reasons to get more than what was negotiated in the first place.
Gilga
Some OOC considerations.

The farm run is almost finished, the last scene I anticipate is negotiation and perhaps another scene after that when your payment is negotiated as well as the Finnigans asking you to keep a low profile until the legal stuff is finished. Nyx will have another chance to sweeten your share at the negotiation table.

Hoping that it'll give you about a month of downtime. We previously went too fast, so I want to take it slower this time. You will be asked for the Finnigans to stay out of sight until the legal stuff is finalized - it does not mean that we will not play - but this will be to round your characters develop relationships and not a strictly paying run.
(Aside from the vampire pack thing).

Gilga
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Sep 29 2017, 07:36 AM) *
How exactly did Irris cross the border in the first place? Can't she just reverse the course she took?

Oh, and could it be that Nyx neglected to discuss a salary for the team's efforts with the Finnegans?

Jack, Irris:
Ayato used the same Coyote he sends Irris - he did not want to kill her but wanted her gone for a while. Once she is out of the trunk, Irris will find that the car also has 'other' stuff which is not hers. Specifically, it is filled with Cigarettes.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Imladir @ Sep 29 2017, 08:44 AM) *
What efforts? Everything done up to now still comes under the heading of securing the farm, no reasons to get more than what was negotiated in the first place.

No. Securing the farm by force was the first deal. Getting a mage to run it was a whole separate one.
Imladir
You chose to consider it as one, but by having a mage run it, the profits increase, so mechanically (since we're paid a percentage of the deal), our payment increases too. So it can also be considered as being the continuation of the first deal.
Gilga
Well, I don't want to get into that discussion as it is water under the bridge - but I got the impression that it was in your best interest - or at least you did not negotiate due to internal friction in the group. Which caused Casa to approach Nyx directly rather them the group... Nyx made voices of leaving - and Casa buttered her into staying so that things won't go south. So, I do agree that with less internal friction you could get more out of it. It is part of the game though - having runners that are difficult to work with. I did plan that getting Strawberry would increase your revenue for the run.
At any case, the negotiation scene is the last one I planned strictly for the farm run. If Strawberry runs it or buy it your revenue would be higher.

I hope it sheds some light on this issue and as Strawberry is already seating there negotiating - you cannot now ask for a separate compensation for that gig.
Jack_Spade
I took the liberty of digging up the original post with the mission statement by Casa:

"The jobs has two crucial parts. We need a recorded evidence of human traffiking - this means that we need to record the actual sell event of a pixie and record both the pixie changing hands and the money changing hands. Second, we need to take over the farm." http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index....64338#msg464338

That is all that we agreed on to do - and which we did. In exchange we were supposed to get 27% of the earnings of the farm.

Now that Strawberry has declared that she will only take care of the farm if she is allowed to buy it outright, we not only lose our longterm investment, but also risk getting shafted on the sale, because I doubt she'll have a few spare millions lying around to pay the worth of the property alone.
Gilga
No argument there - you did not agree to enrich Valentina's Finnigan branch with a powerful street mage. Nyx had a wiggle room there before she did that. I completely agree with that observation - you were compelled to do so because you wanted to increase the worth of the farm. It would be up for Nyx to decide - and she can consult with the rest ofc.
Either you get 27% of the earning from new buyer - (some sort of a trust fund).
Or given your poor relationship toward the buyer - perhaps you can get a cashout and be off your way.

These negotiations with the Finnigans and possibly with Strawberry would conclude this episode.

Mulcarn
The goal post keeps getting moved anytime we make any headway and a new arbitrary challenge is thrown at us. Nyx (and everyone else) had already negotiated with Casa earlier in the story. In fact that's why we were supposed to be paid such a weighty sum for our efforts. We do our part in full and prove that they are selling pixies clones to vampires via smugglers in the sewers and subsequently capture the farm by force. But that changed with the Mafia wussing out at the last second and the Alliance basically just telling us to go away. Leaving us having to fix their shit for them. Or Just Nyx depending on how you want to look at it.

My point being is that we are consistently blocked from achieving any meaningful progress and railroaded immediately after when we try to remedy that. We thought that the Mafia lawyers would settle the legalities of the affair once they arrived. Except they were blockaded by the Alliance as a last ditch effort to stall for time long enough to regain control of the farm. We fix this problem and let them through only to discover that all of our efforts didn't matter since they aren't going to pay us till we perform this new contrived side objective. Namely, in the form of finding a magical gardener and overseer. Else the farm is worth virtually nothing. Which makes zero sense in any logical and reasonable form.
Gilga
Well - you secured the farm and then found a buyer pro bono - because your overall share (Casa included) is 30% of that property. wink.gif
Gilga
I'll need a medicine roll for Simone. Threshold 3.
Mercy
Simone First Aid

First Aid: 15d6t5 6

Above the threshold.
Gilga
@Kurim - to remind you-you stole a payload from the farm - orders and shipments. Now might be a good time to try and sell it (or in a few days) I am remaining because it was long ago IRL.
Imladir
Maybe I should avoid answering for some time, no?
With Nyx being in the morning (somewhere around 10 I think?) it's becoming a bit confusing with the rest of the group being early in the night (if not earlier).
Gilga
Well, I think it is for the best like this - because it won't be very exciting RPing sleeping late. This way ost of the characters have something to do.
Kuirem
Sorry people I was away from home for a week but looks like we are still near the Joke so I guess it's fine.

For the karma we've got previously I checked again and it was 23 karma not 21 (I had it saved in Chummer).

You are right to remind me about the payload completely forgot about it. Does Wheely have any idea how much it would be worth?
Gilga
I think that Wheely got a bonus karma for fetching the payload. He has no idea how much it is worth and it worth different for different people. Just have him work his contacts for that, I think that both the Finnigans would like the client list of the former owner. (to keep the biz running as smooth as possible.) and perhaps Grail would like to know the 'other' client list as he now owns a large number of pixies.

Not that I guarantee that these would work - but just of the top of my head what Wheely might think.
Ennui
So how do you want to play the border crossing? Does my fixer hook me up or will I have to trek over the border and trade cars that way? How much do you want to RP it or do you just want to handwave it and say it takes x hours/days?
Gilga
My idea was to send you with a truck of cigarettes to meet with the Coyote which will then make the arrangements to cross the border. Giving you a new contact if you behave - but ofc Irris can just try to sneak into Seattle. However, since it is a city-state - it will definitely involve getting over some barrier I think. A fence or a 'wall'. I believe that Irris is capable one way or the other.

Ennui
Irris isn't really keen to play along with a scheme of someone who betrayed the group. She'd like to get back as soon as possible.
Gilga
Obviously - though if he wanted her dead he could just have done so. At any case, Irris is not in her own car. That one is still where she left it. She is a few hours away at best.

At any case feel free to RP stopping the car, doing whatever you like with it and then getting your equipment. It will take you a few hours to get to the borders and there you need to defeat a smart fense. You can try and hack it - but it has powerful protections - other than that you can either climb it or somehow destroy it hop over it... you name it. Its height is 3 meters. (figuring out that worlds with trolls build higher fences...)
Ennui
My fixer doesn't answer or he just can't help?
Gilga
Did not see you texting him, he'll want 2k to 'fix' this.
Mulcarn
Sorry for not responding IC. I was detained by the police for "suspicious" behavior. Meaning - They were bored and saw me walking downtown and wanted to fuck with me.
Gilga
Just tell them that you are not really a pyromaniac mage with a trail of dead bodies in his past... wink.gif

but yes, that is awfuil - how long were you delayed?
Mulcarn
They stopped me on Monday and took me to their precinct for questioning. After a few hours they let me go. Downside was that I was on my way to work and I had to explain to my bosses why I didn't show up and why the cops were interested in me. frown.gif
Gilga
So who is getting dirty in the sewers.
Ennui
I'll trade him for a car full of cigarettes =D
Mercy
Kynos, Sovereign, and Simone are going into the sewers, to my knowledge.
Kuirem
Welp if Wheely ain't invited I guess someone has to stand guard. And he was SO looking forward paddling into sewage, not.
Jack_Spade
@gilga

Now I'm confused, why is Wheely suddenly down with us? We only have two hazat suits (for Sovereign as the patient and Simone as the physician). Kynos wears his FBA with chemical seal. Wheely would have to use a gas mask and trudge through raw sewage
Gilga
I don't know - it is not recomended to enter without proper protection. I'll wait for clarification from Wheely.
Kuirem
I have no idea either, at first I thought I wasn't down there and suddendly I was added. I was a bit busy IRL so I just went with it not really thinking but yeah I'm probably watching the cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012