Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Gilga
Well, the game is almost concluded.
Your share is 525k - to be divided by casa to 9.
(Kynos, Maxwell, Simone, Irris, Wheely, Finestra, Casa, Ayato). or to 8 if you can convince casa not to pay Ayato, but this will cause some complications with Maxwell.

You will have about two months of downtime - where you will have to lay low and wait for the trail out until you can get paid - but hopefully, you find the payday rewarding enough, you also get 5 karma and Nyx receives 2 extra karma for making sure you are well paid.
Kuirem
Oh certainly not, we will make sure that Ayato get paid. You know what? Kynos will even deliver the paiement in person devil.gif
Gilga
PS Feel free to Add the following contacts:
Casa Connection 6 Loyalty 1. (Fixer) to your sheet (or if you already have Casa, add 1 to loyalty).
Finestra Connection 4, loyalty 1 (Face) (or add 1 to her loyalty if you have her).
Ennui
We had some expenses that need to be deducted from the total before it is split up I believe.
Gilga
Jack was insulting Casa intentional? Because it reads like a threat. I just need to know before I reply.
Jack_Spade
It certainly isn't meant as an insult, but a strong warning that what he said made him directly responsible for us getting paid - no saying "but we didn't get the money from Strawberry" if something happens to her.
Can't have it both ways.
Ennui
Wait. I have to cross the border to get help crossing the border? Driving threshold of three? Some of the most difficult stunts are only threshold of 4. If I took a hit of beta meth I would only have 4 dice for this test. I guess I'll call Slim again and say hey. I need help getting back to Seattle from where I am. Have your guy come meet me or something.
Kuirem
From what I understand there is two security to cross, one from the Salish side which is mostly patrol and one from Seattle side which is much tighter with a huge fence and all.

Threshold 3 is a hard test, it kind of make sense although Sneaking might make more sense than driving (but using Reaction or Logic instead of Agility and the vehicle Handling instead of Physical limit) unless the vehicle is going fast.

It sounds much easier to just get out of the vehicle and continue on foot though.
Gilga
You are not yet at the border and perhaps some border patrols are looking for a car with your description.
Driving off-road at night without light seems very difficult for me. Another creative option like Wheely suggested is to just walk there.

Also, perhaps Wheely can remotely drive the car, he'll have to go silent which would give him some negatives (also noise due to distance - but RCC's are good in compensating for these). I think that he is a good driver that can pull it off.
Ennui
Is the car rigged?

Also I'm assuming I'm somewhere that doesn't require crossing a border to be. If I'm in some territory it doesn't matter how many check points there are as long as I'm not crossing a border. I don't see what the guy couldn't come to me since it stands to reason someone needing help crossing borders isn't going to want to you know cross borders without his help. If you would prefer me to ask Wheels I can do that, but if I made to deal for help getting back to Seattle it should be from where I am not some other state/country.

I guess I just don't understand the logic behind that is all.
Gilga
The meeting point is close to a tunnel, if you make it there he shows you into the tunnel. Your Coyote does not want to risk it I guess.

Car has a rigger interface.
Kuirem
Didn't even had to suggest driving it remote biggrin.gif RCC reduces the threshold to 1 and I roll 13 dice on wheeled ground craft. Shouldn't be a problem unless I'm hit with crazy high noise.
Gilga
5 noise, but wheely would have to hack the car - as it is not hers to give marks.
he'll need to get marks and then roll to jump in.
Kuirem
Thought so, I have more than enough noise compensation for that and running silent is compensated by Hot Sim, here are the tests :

Hack on the Fly: 3#16d6t5 6 4 4

Jump Into Rigged Device: 13d6t5 1

It's a bit low but since it's a Data Processing action failure doesn't alert the owner. Will just retry if it resist.

Driving: 13d6t5 3
Gilga
resist hacks: 4#6d6t5 1 1 2 1

3 marks okay, jump in resisted.
Kuirem
Second try with the usual -1 due to… second try wink.gif

Jump Into Rigged Device: 12d6t5 2
Jack_Spade
@gilga

Is there a reason the clinic doesn't use hunter nanites (Chorme Flesh p. 147)? - waiting to flush them out must be the most irresponsible way to go about.

Even just dialysis would be preferable.
Gilga
I said that they can filter his blood to get them out. I doubt they'll employ nanites in such clinic - you need someplace more advanced. Thanks for the reference though.

I'll let Simone suggest it and the doctor would answer that he can do so in his clinic - if they want to come off hours or something.
Gilga
Fix: I'll use the antiviral medicine as nanite hunters. Thanks again for the reference.
Mulcarn
Thanks Jack for your due diligence.
Ennui
If I'm renting it under my SIN why wouldn't I be the "owner"?
Gilga
Because it is rented, not owned.
Ennui
so if a rigger rents a vehicle that has rigger controls he can't jump into it without hacking it first? I guess I don't rent vehicles in SR that much but that seems like a strange limitation. I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to rent one again.
Imladir
I suppose that if you rent a vehicle, you are invited to Mark it. So you do not need to hack it for yourself, you just can't invite others to to do it.
Gilga
You can jump in yourself - but not deliver the mark to someone else and so forth.
Gilga
and by the way by RAW I think that the answer is he can't, as you rent a car to get from A to B not to run away from police.
I assume the owner extends a mark for you that allows commanding the autopilot - but not switching from autopilot to some other driving mechanism. I allow renting a car for a higher price (insurance) with permission to jump into it (but clearly this is just for the renter - not fo her rigger friends... ).
Ennui
okay. So it's more lie a bus ticket than an actual rental? That makes more sense to me. thanks for answering my questions.
Kuirem
Now that I think about it most rented vehicles probably doesn't even come with Rigger Interface and even those that does might not always allow the renter to use it. First because while Rigger Interface is build-in on every drone it is not on vehicles. Second because Jumping-in is dangerous stuff since it uses Hot-Link so it will require extra insurances (and more money ofc) for the vehicles loaner to activate it for an user.
Ennui
You can jump in with cold sim
Kuirem
Can you? My bad. Oh well there is still the danger of taking Stun Damage from the vehicle with the possibility of overflow.
Gilga
Hi Guys, would you like to fast forward for next chapter?

Basically, you are going to lay low (I think) the deal would go as planned and you'll have some time to train or do whatever it is your characters do.
Jack_Spade
Fine by me - we'll just assume that the vampires have vanished and the search is fruitless

Kuirem
No problem, haven't had much to do lately anyway.
Mulcarn
I'm game for that. I'm mostly doing boring shopping nuances anyway.
Mercy
Fine with me as well
Ennui
Yeah but I was going to ask Nyx to buy me some things.
Imladir
I don't mind. There is some stuff to deal with regarding Nyx (mostly with Finnestra, but also with Tony), but we can do that somewhere else (PM or Skype maybe?)
Gilga
Hey I will keep you rolling for a while as I am like super sick so I will start somthing big once I recover.
Ennui
Well I either want a Krime Boss or some way to use drums on my remintion 990 Either would work. You know of a way to do that Jack?
Jack_Spade
You could buy extended magazines for double you current ammo load out and fluff them as drums.
The only other way to get larger magazines is having it strapped to a drone and add the ammo bin mod.

If you have the cash, I'd recommend the Auto Assault from R&G - As far as auto shotguns are concerned that's the non-plus ultra (and forbidden as hell)
Ennui
I was more interested in using the drum to swap between ammo types as needed.
Jack_Spade
Yeah, in that case, Auto Assault is where it is.
Mulcarn
Has Forbidden Arcana received an official (or unofficial) errata by chance? I remember there being 100+ oversights and errors within the book.
Jack_Spade
Nope, but I have the German version by now. If you want, I can look up stuff for you.
Mulcarn
1. What function do Athames serve if any and what is the binding cost of one? (I suspect they can be any type of foci as long as it's a bladed weapon)
2. What category are Bone Spirits and Blood Shades under? Are they Blood Spirits? Do they require Blood Magic Points to summon?
3. Have any of the blood spells been changed or altered in any way? Specifically Rupture, Somatic Healing and Blood Puppet.
4. Have the updated traditions been changed or altered in any way? I'm looking at Norse and Black Magic in particular.
Jack_Spade
1. Doesn't say. But yes, I'd say it's just a weapon focus or a bonded weapon.
2. They are variants of blood spirits and therefore available only to blood mages
3. Not as far as I can see
4. Berserkers gain the Adept power: Berserker for free (that was missing from the English text)
Mulcarn
Sovereign's shopping list.

525 Drams of Raw Reagents - 10,500¥ Avail 0
Fetish - 2,000¥ Avail 4
Shaman Tuxedo - 1,000¥ Avail 9
The Grimoire, The Manual of Practical Thaumaturgy - 400¥ Avail 0
Compendium Maleficarum - 400¥ Avail 0
Gilga
You can have the fetish tomorrow.
The Tuxedo lets say 3 days.
The books are digitally available just pay and download.
Mercy
may I ask that we do not use dark colors in texts? They look great against the white background when you are typing the message, but they are not so great for me against the gray background.
Gilga
I'll use brighter colors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012