Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IP] Panzerknacker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Volker
"Okay, but that would mean that we can wait until we see their patrol is done and then enter. Plus."
SquirrelDude
"Alright, first up again is Anna to go put in the gas grenade"
Volker
“The door would be locked, wouldn't it?"
Volker
“The door would be locked, wouldn't it?"
Jack_Spade
"The back door? Yes, but the SOK will let you in and prevent the sensors from reporting you as an intruder within the range of it's RFID. As long as no real person spots you, you are good to go."
Kite replied
Gilga
Anna sneaks past the drone from the back door to the toilets, using the SOK to open the door. Once there she levitates herself and places the grenade in the ventilation shaft. "Something like that or did I screw it up again?" she asks.

Jack_Spade
"Looked good from here," Kite replies, "Of course, since I am the operator for this model that means I saw you on camera. You should wait for bnc to give you the go signal." rotfl.gif
"But at least it was perfect execution on your part. Let's try this again, this time with your invisibility up and the cameras and door sensors hacked, so no-one realizes the doors open by themselves."
Volker
"Okay, sweetmeat, cast the spell on me first lest I'm detected when I infiltrate the sys."

Once bnc is Invisible, she approaches the door and searches for a cable or port to attack the sensors directly and replace the outpout feed with a loop.
Gilga
QUOTE (Volker @ Dec 17 2017, 08:11 AM) *
"Okay, sweetmeat, cast the spell on me first lest I'm detected when I infiltrate the sys."

Once bnc is Invisible, she approaches the door and searches for a cable or port to attack the sensors directly and replace the outpout feed with a loop.

"Well there is limit to how much I can sustain but lets see how it goes..." She said and waited for her signal to act.

Volker
"You can turn me Invisible, let me do my job and leave, then drop the spell and cast it on yourself."
Gilga
She replied "Yes, no problem with that but I need line of sight to cast the spell so if Slob and Special K want to be invisible it is either Flatline or they have to encounter me somehow. "
Jack_Spade
"Yeah, about that, you'll have to pass through the ward, so you'll likely have to drop your spell, move through and reapply it once you are in. That shouldn't be a problem as long as bnc has the cameras under control.
But all spells used inside the building have to be cast there."
Flatline replied
"I'd prefer to stay outside with Kite and keep watch there. I can take care of bnc's invisibility outside though.
Good thing we are thinking this stuff through now instead of in the field."
Volker
"Yep. Wonderful. We're idols.
Okay, the doors are open, the cams are mine. Next comes the gas grenade. I should be able to twist the vent sys from outside. Enter Anna."
Jack_Spade
The repeat of the exercise worked well. Anna was hovering invisible under the ceiling to place the grenade - until Kite piped up: "Ok, now a patrol comes down the stairs they check every room. They'll move through the ladies' - try not to bump into them and be silent."

Just as she finished her speech the door opened and a simulated pair of guards came in. One even quibbed: "Damn, it's smelling fishy in here again."
SquirrelDude
Slobber got ready with Krestov to move in once the virtual grenade fired.
Volker
bnc turns off the ventilation. She then stays with Krestov, following after him in a secure distance.
For the team, she provides an AR map, displaying all infos she has about guards, team positions, drones, and so forth.
Jack_Spade
With the simulated ventilation distributing the gas into the designated rooms, bnc witnesses through the feeds as the two guards keel over. But she still has no visual on the armory or the security room.
Kite called in:
"Ok, you took out all the guards, but the program thinks that as soon as they noticed they were being gassed they triggered a silent alarm.
Didn't you want to call the guards beforehand and tell them not to worry, or something?"
Gilga
Anna rolled her eyes behind the heavy helmet, "Dammit... when do we do it?"
SquirrelDude
"Did we even decide who is going to imitate the Captain's voice, and do we know what he sounds like to imitate him?"
Volker
"Oh darn. I completely forgot about that!"

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]

Gilga
[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
"I think not - we just suggested perhaps to do a text message to avoid these problems. Though I am always up for the challenge of imitating the man. If we feel more ambitious... "
Jack_Spade
"First you'll have to find out who exactly the commanding officer is." Kite replied.
SquirrelDude
"Well we have all the shift information, so we should be able to find out just looking at those."

"Oh yeah, this may actually be useful. That shift Krestov and I spoke to. We have all of their comm numbers. Might actually be useful here."
Jack_Spade
"The commanding officer is not part of the shift - he is the guy sitting somewhere in an office coordinating all kinds of security operations.
But still, with those commcodes, bnc certainly can check their links contact file and find their bosses number."
Schmitt replied.
Volker
"Okay, let's do it proper right now. You may take a cup of soykaf until I've finished my homework."

bnc retreats to dig through the numbers and the tons of data she received from Mr. Schmidt.
She then hacks the commlink of the commanding officer and copies voice samples from it which she feeds to the software.

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
Anna takes off her helmet and said "Fine..." she gets into her room and switch to a casual dress and then heads to bnc, "Can I help a bit?" she asked.
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]
Volker
[ Spoiler ]

"Actually ... yes, you can. Not right now, but soon. I'll have to download some samples first. Once I'm finished, you can assist me with your mojo and then you have to give your best commanding officer you can. Uhm, maybe, go somewhere over there, take a mirror or so, and try to do train to talk like an officer. And please don't overdo it. It has to sound casual, yet professional. Wakata?"

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]
Volker
[ Spoiler ]

After a while, the two girls join back the team. "May I present..?"
Then suddenly a different voice can be heard over the speech channel. It is a firm, male voice with a commanding tone: "Attention! Intruders alert! Everyone stay at their position and await orders. Any action is to be coordinated with me first. Get your weapons ready now"
Jack_Spade
"Alright. So back in position before the grenade goes off." Kite replied and waited for everyone to get back in position

"Ok, so bnc sends her fake message and the gas goes off, pumped into the rooms above and into the halls. You can't see into the armory, but someone is trying to get some gas masks - which doesn't help since it's dmso based and absorbs over skin.
The guards are down, but no alert leaves the building."
Volker
bnc puts on her gas mask, before the grenade detonates. "Voice channel on. Let's go, boys. I'll go with Krestov check for remaining guards. Slob and Anna, would you take the vault?"
SquirrelDude
Slobber considered bnc's proposed team split for a second. He preferred Krestov on the ground floor, but bnc needed to be up top and she probably trusted Krestov more than anyone else here. "Yeah, that sounds good."

Slobber flipped on thermographic vision "bnc, Can you kill the lights?" Slobber fired a virtual set of smoke grenades from his underslung launcher and then moved in through them to clear our the AR targets.
Volker
Xor, I shoulda taken thermographic rather than low-light when I bought them new eyes.
"Done"
She puts on her helmet, then the lights go out.
SquirrelDude
[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
The combat part was pretty straight forward - the simulation considered the advantage that the runners had and thanks to the surveillance through Kanmushi drones there were no surprises on the corridors.
Storming the armory turned out to be a bit of a game of chance - in two out of three turns, everyone inside was unconscious, but in one a security guy managed to grab a stim patch and had it counter the narco long enough to return fire.
Kite replied: "The assault part isn't bad but if you know some way to optimize the Armory situation it certainly wouldn't hurt to do so.
Basically, we don't have sensor coverage inside, unless bnc hacks the cameras inside and takes a look. It seems as if it depends entirely on this Leggio guy. The data you have for him indicates that he might have a chance to resist narcoject for a few seconds longer than his comrades. But that's only a problem if he is in the armory at the time we hit the bank, where he can get his hands on their combat drug supply."
Volker
"If I take out his commlink, he can't call for help. The rest should be an easy job for Special K, I think."
SquirrelDude
"Don't we also have those robot legs that we could attach a gun to that could help out SpecialK in clearing the top floor? Would that be too hard to make invisible?"
Volker
"It shouldn't be any more difficult than to make a person invisible. But what for? Krestov is more reliable than any drone yet invented."
SquirrelDude
"We should plan for more than one of them avoiding falling unconscious. As we will be under a time crunch, having an additional gun to handle that seems prudent."
Jack_Spade
"A reasonable precaution. Let's see: Kite can you handle another drone?"

"Sure boss, a small drone with a full auto weapon and some gel rounds should do nicely. Give me a minute, I'll add one into the simulation. Let's say a crawler with an Ares Alpha."

Mike chimed in:
"Am I seeing this right:
Slobbertooth, Krestov, Anna, one of her spirits, and a drone go in, while bnc, Kite and Flatline sit in the car."

"Not quite." Schmitt replied. "I'll be going with the team in the van too."

"You sure about that, boss? Seems a bit needlessly risky. What happened with waiting at the safe house?"

"For one thing, I promised the team I'd share the risk of the operation, for another, I'm quite proficient with a gun and as mentioned before, we might need the reinforcements - either to take out guards or help with handling the haul.
Finally, I really need to make sure that I get the whole package of the prototype. There's too much riding on that part for me to not take personal action."
Gilga
Anna looked at Schmitt and then at Slob, she knew better than to argue with the man paying the bill. Instead, she suggested "A spirit should be handier than a drone and can back you up. Look around corners for you or attract the guards into an ambush. They are quite good at spotting living things - a bit weaker on spotting drones. The most useful part is that they are likely mobile enough to reinforce whoever is in a bind.

Though, to be clear I need to maintain a good relationship with these entities. So let's try to also bring the spirit back in one piece."
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jan 7 2018, 11:08 PM) *
"Am I seeing this right:
Slobbertooth, Krestov, Anna, one of her spirits, and a drone go in, while bnc, Kite and Flatline sit in the car."

"Njet. I'm going, too. I won't sit comfortably in a van while our boys are on the field. I can be more usef...
Considering, that's maybe a dumb idea. I'll send in my Nissan, though. She's armed with a Cavalier, too. I wanne see things myself at least.

As for the spirit, Y... Anna. Once we took out the mage, those underarmed goons shouldn't be able to take out a spirit so easily. Don't worry about your immaterial friend."
SquirrelDude
What is our plan for when reinforcements arrive. Who stations themselves where?
Jack_Spade
"In that case, we fucked up and retreat to the boathouse. Under no circumstances do I want a shoot out with bank guard or Salish police forces.
Kite will have drones up around the perimeter to warn us of any approach - hopefully giving us enough time to flee the scene.

Same if one of us gets seriously hurt: There is a Valkyrie unit in the van, but everything beyond that or Flatline's healing capabilities will cause a mission abort.
All the more reason to do this quickly and quietly.
A second drone certainly won't hurt to have around."

Schmitt replied.
SquirrelDude
"Great, so what is our plan if a shootout with Salish or bank security is unavoidable."
Volker
"We retreat to the boathouse. If something goes so terribly south that despite all our precautions and our surveillance we still get into trouble, it's something totally unforeseeable anyway. I'd say we nominate a commander who's in charge if things don't go according to plan. Or better, who's in charge no matter what happens.
Krestov would be fit, but only for the tactical slash military part. He's not supposed to have a lot of experience with break-ins.
Flatline, Anna, Kite, and I don't have a lot of experience with group coordination or military tactics.
What about you, Slob? Are you up to the job? You have fighting experience and a history that makes you sound suitable for this task. But I'm not sure whether you have any clue about strategic coordination and any kind of break-in that goes beyond robbing granny's jewels."

She pauses.
"Oh. And of course there's Mr. Schmidt. I guess you have the first say on that matter."
Jack_Spade
"If a shootout is unavoidable, I want you to use just enough force to get out and break contact. The boathouse will be our best bet one way or the other to escape Salish jurisdiction. If it comes down to them or us, use whatever you can and stay together. I hope it doesn't come to it, but Kite will use her airborne drones to ram our pursuers at full speed. Krestov and Slobbertooth, you lay down suppressing fire, while Flatline and Anna call up combat able spirits. No holds, no mercy if that is what it takes to get us out of the situation.

As for who is in charge: Anna and bnc, you are covering the Astral and Matrix perspective, where you both might need to concentrate solely on this part. Therefore, should I be taken out of play, I leave the tactical decisions to Slobbertooth. Get back to the safe house. Mike will take care of the rest and depending on how everything went down help you get out or at least help you survive the fallout."

Schmitt sounded grimm as he said that, but was no less determined than before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012