Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IP] Panzerknacker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Gilga
She texted bnc and the team. >> Cutie! I am trying to buy you time! Trust me! Zola is likely not very far from the door. He cast a spell to lock us in the bank and claims to mind-control Flatline. The alternative is a very large blood tradition spirit out in the open in a populated area. I do not think he would go that far, outing himself as a Blood mage. At any case, there would be SOMETHING there...
Jack_Spade
While the furious yet silent conversation went on between the runners, Zola's voice continued to sound - although bnc noted that her sensors did not actually record anything of it:
"Well, I may be an old fool to have fallen for your charms once - but I don't buy your "I'm just a vulnerable girl" routine. You are a shadowrunner - just like your friends here.
And anyway, my offer still stands - your life for that of Mr. Schmitt, plus a little extra.
Oh well, seems like the time just ran out. Alright, so now I say: Whoever in this building kills him gets my favor, the rest will become fuel..."

Slobber noticed the movement through his motion sense just a fraction too late: Suddenly something human shaped but invisible and silent had entered the room with them. Before he could call out a warning a different kind of alarming sound was heard:
The unmistakable hiss of a very sharp blade cutting deep into flesh.

Schmitt turned around in surprise and bewilderment, then began to spurt a torrent of arterial heart blood. Too late the tall German's hand flew to his slashed throat, before he collapsed to the floor.

"Pitty, it seems as if Mr. Ramirez will be claiming my favor..."

As this played out, Anna received a message:

<<Stay away from the doors - I'm coming for you.>>
SquirrelDude
Idiot. Of course they're invisible.

"bnc, tend to the doctor"

Slobber immediately started to use his motion sense and bathed the room in smoke.

"Ugh, we'll never find an invisible soldier. Hopefully this smoke will hide us."

"wink"

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
Anna sighed "Mind you mr. Zola I am quite vulnerable right now and scared shitless. Shadowrunner or not, I am locked in a bank with an ultimatum to become a killer or die.

You want to hear something real?! I cannot kill Schmidt... I did not kill Eve and did not kill a single person in my entire life. I do not have that in me, self-defense perhaps but to kill out of fear? horror? I don't know if I even have that in me. Even if I tried - he is an ex-soldier and I am the one with shaking hands and tears in her eyes.

Seriously though, don't you like me better now that you know that I am a mage and even a showrunner? Do you really prefer boring call-girls? I am a real, fun loving and adventurous woman and I am attracted to you because you are dangerous and exciting and fun. Common, when would I ever meet someone else that can do all this crazy shit? Now, are you really going to murder me because I took a job which was too big for me? Why not form a real connection with an actual person for a change?

No more powerplays, you won! let me and my friends go and lick what remains of our pride and go kill your old rival yourself. He got us into this mess in the first place. I mean - you probably kill people and feel nothing. All casual - but an old rival trying to steal from you? Don't miss out on that - life offers very little that can genuinely please a person like yourself. "

She walked away from the door and signaled Slob to do the same, she tried to find some partial cover in the stairs in case something blows up from the outside. She hoped for some miracle - but had no clue what to do. Texting the team >> I asked Kynos for a rescue, he said to stay away from doors. Not sure how that fits into a plan - but if he has some way to get me out perhaps it is the beginning of a plan for the rest of us. I am not sure how successful I am delaying Zola or convincing him to show himself. I don't feel very helpful and I talk too much when I am nervous... Is there a fire alarm to the bank? Where do they evacuate employees in case of fire? Perhaps we can go to the armory? blow up a wall or something... Does any of that makes sense? The mind is a mess...

Volker
[ Spoiler ]

After her initial shock, bnc's mind turns again into frantic mode, spinning wildly while she tries to manage several things at once. First, she checks the matrix and finds Dr. Zola. "You're right, he's here. I'll try.", she confirms. Passing on information is crucial.
She then checks for signs of life of Flatline and Kite and tries to access the drones and vehicles outside, basically anything that might be able to geek the blood mage. Simultaneously, she sends her Nissan rotodrone off to escape the building as unseen as possible. This might be the only possibility to kill the mage.

Nothing of this, however, matters anymore, when a spray of blood gushes from Gerhardt's throat. Yuk, this looks bad. Please, trogs, keep me safe. I'm your last paramedic.
"Krestov! Guard me, there's someone! I need to get to Johnson!"
She kneeled down next to Gerhardt, her fingers working almost on their own. She sticks a selfadhesive wound dressing on his neck, knowing that this is nothing more than trying to stop a river with your bare hands. Next, she gets out needles, injecting a strong ansthetic into his system to shut it down to little more than hibernating. All she could do was, after all, preserving him until he got magical aid. Next, she injected blood clotters close to the wound to still the bleeding, hoping that enough of his throat was still left to sustain his brain with blood. "Don't die. Please.", she prayed. A wound like this was beyond medicine. Schmitt was now in fate's hands.
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]

bnc tries to hack Zola's link and get his physical position. As the trace runs down she has a horrible sinking feeling - then the attack comes and takes her full attention.

As bnc hurries to save Gerhards live, she is hampered by the smoke and the less than calm and sanitary environment. Her first injection brings back a spark of life into Gerhard's eyes but it is fading fast as his heart rapidly tries to compensate the pressure loss, worsening the situation considerably, still his lips move just a bit and bnc being so close to him hears his "B...bianca..." before he closes his eyes...

The drone meanwhile encountered the same electric barrier and the feed cut out - luckily without painful biofeedback.

Slobbertooth meanwhile had pinpointed the attacker. The bastard had doubled back and now was going for bnc. Slobber had the strong suspicion that his opponent had the same magic sense for movement as himself.
Still, that didn't mean the man expected Slobber to be able to perceive him...

Through all the chaos, Zola continued to speak calmly: "Scared you may be, but you did not go for my sincere offer in time. So I'm afraid your potential will be wasted. This building is warded - courtesy of another mage trying to break in before you and destroy... well nevermind. Suffice to say that I upgraded the defenses accordingly and as it seems with sufficient secrecy."
Gilga
Anna sighed "This is kind of douchey Zola... Now let me try to fix what you brake." Understanding that the doc was down, and that first aid was not going to cut it. Anna run to help, she stepped in next to bnc and said"You are not dying so quickly..."
Volker
[ Spoiler ]

"Get off!", bnc snarls as Anna reaches out to interfere while she's drawing up a needle, forgetting even to use the team channel. "Get us the fuck outta here."
Then she returns her full attention to Gerhardt. "Don't you dare giving up on us. You brought us here, you bring us back out, too!" She forces a smile though a hurling mix of emotions - fear, anger, sadness, terror ... affection? - made her cry. She blinked away the tear, relying on the Psyche running through her system to leave her as calm and focussed as possible in a living hell like this.
Her hands wander with the automatic sureness and velocity of one who can read body signals like books. Before he reaches shock stadium 2, bnc sitcks a patch at his neck to counter the effects of the shock. Jeez, you're going to feel so sick after all these drugs wear off. Guess feeling sick beats feeling dead, I suppose.
As soon as the blood starts to clot, the wound is sealed, the effects of the shock negated, bnc lays him on his side, neck bent just a little. "I guess you owe me another date for this, doctor.", she continues talking. A familiar voice might just make the difference between losing the man or not. "And I'll order the god-damn most expensive muesli of the entire west coast, I promise." She tried to make it sound casual, but she finds the very same moment that it sounded much more like a farewell.
She pulls a warm blanket halway over him, then injects an infusion to his arm. A natriumchloride solution with pain relievers and a very, very careful dose of anesthetics now sift into his system, compensating for the blood loss. Once all is done, she pulls the blanket up to his neck.
"Nicht aufgeben. Nicht dieses eine Mal." Nicht das eine Mal in meinem Leben, wo ich jemand anderen beschütze...

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]

A tinge of blue surrounded Gerhardt's lips and bnc noted how his heartbeat got quicker again...
Gilga
Anna tried - and failed to summon another air spirit...
[ Spoiler ]
Volker
[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]
SquirrelDude
"bnc, duck and cover the doc's wound.

"It's about to get loud."

Slobber quickly raised his rifle, took aim at his opponent's vitals, trying more to be accurate than aggressive.

[ Spoiler ]

Jack_Spade
Slobbers rounds impacted on the assassins head just as he was about to strike an unsuspecting bnc. The attack made him swerve, but it didn't seem to have killed him. A bit slower but nonetheless with more than enough speed to be frightening, the assassin charged Slobber.

bnc meanhwhile had made sense from the readings of the bio-monitor: The wound had been contaminated with atropine - the same stuff used to prevent someone from dying through nerve gas like VX. Used like this it was still a very bad poison that made the victim's heart beat faster and worsening the blood loss.

A quick addition of the relevant antagonists halted the poisons effects and finally made Gerhard's life signs stable again, although he remained in critical condition.

Finally, bnc had a half second to read the result of her trace: Zola's commlink was definitely within the building upstairs...
SquirrelDude
Perhaps Slobber's size lulled the Jaguar into thinking he was slow. He telegraphed his charge towards Slobber, who nimbly pirouetted to the side with an "OLE!". Slobber planted his feet, raised his rifle to his cheek, aimed and fired another 6 rounds again.

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
Next Anna has ordered her spirit to help them overcome their enemies. She readied her gun and looked for some visible queues as to where to shot. It was not easy with all the smoke and, the fact that the attacker was invisible. Heck, she was not even sure exactly who shot who but someone was hit.

Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]

Before Anna's spirit could do anything, Slobber had taken care of the problem with another burst: Having stepped calmly out of the way of the charge, Slobber aimed again and sent another short, concentrated burst of gun fire at his would be attacker's head.
This time he had hit with full force and whatever protection the man had had, had not been enough to keep standing after two full bursts. Still, Slobber sensed the man still being alive, although pretty wounded and likely unconscious.

Meanwhile, bnc had managed the almost impossible feat of stopping the bleading from an arterial wound.

But before the team could start to cheer, Zola's cold voice cut through to them:
"It seems I have underestimated you again. Oh well, seems like I'll have to redecorate the hall anyway. Kynos, kill them all!"

A long moment passed, but nothing happened.
"And once again my personell deems it the right time to dissappoint me. If you want something done you have to do it yourself. I'll be with you in a moment..."
Gilga
Anna filled with resolve and a sense of urgency... "Quickly - there is not much time!
Let's do Invisibility spells for everyone - if Zola has to look into the astral or dispell my spells - it'll slow him down. He'll find himself limited by his own astral barriers. We'll also need to position our selves strategically so he does not just cast a huge fireball and get it over with. Suggestions?

Is there anything I can do to Schmidt? how he is doing?"

To Kynos she texted ">> Are you alive big-boy? Don't be shy to yell for help - I can send a spirit.
Volker
bnc almost shrieked when two salvos of ammo rushed just a few feet past her. Though she knew how futile it was, bnc dodged whatever attacks were flying in this utmost chaos, then returned her concentration on Gerhardt Schmitt, whose weak pulse seemed to somewhat steady itself.
Did this just happen? Did I just save a man who suffered a wound to his throat with a poisened blade, while an invisible killer still went amok in a room full of smoke? bnc smiled despite the whole mess of a situation she was in. She was just about to let out some clever quip, when she realized she had totally forgotten about Zola's icon she traced just seconds ago. "Gosh!"

"Damn, he's in the building. Here .... I updated the ARO map. Zola's commlink's location is on the map now. Remember, though, that this doesn't necessarily need to be his own location.
Zola might try to mind control either Krestov or Slobbertooth. Protect them at all costs."

bnc checks Gerhardt a last time, then searches the matrix for icons she can put to use.

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
">>Just keep within my field of vision and I can better your odds with counterspelling. Being at the line of sight of a dangerous initiated Blood mage is very risky. Do you think we can try to sneak out of here - and leave Zola with some grenades on time trigger? If we hide well enough perhaps the grenades would kill him without a direct confrontation."
Jack_Spade
The smoke had begun to diminish as the automatic climate control had detected the impurity in the air and began to scrub it.
At the same time, bnc noted that one of the spy drones had picked up movement: A door in the guard room had opened. For a brief moment she had a view of unconscious guards lying on the ground. Only now they were no longer unconscious but pretty certainly dead, considering the amount of blood that had spread on the floor. The camera on the little drone did not catch any movement beside that of the door and neither IR nor Ultrasound did detect anyone passing, yet a moment later the door towards the corridor opened as well, though no sound could be heard...
Volker
"Attention, something dangerous is coming from the guard rooms. Killed everyone. My sensors can't detect rien de tout!"
SquirrelDude
"Wish I had more explosives on me right about now."

Slobber moved over to where the Jaguar had fallen, groped around to find his head. Moving a helmet or ballistic mask if necessary, slobber jammed his rifle into Ramirez's mouth and pulled the trigger.

One of ours to the hospital; one of theirs to the morgue

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
Anna picked up a couple of grenades from Slober and strategically placed them near the entries of the room. bnc - can you wirelessly trigger these when the time is right? We'll need to find a place with enough cover to survive these explosions, quickly, to the stairs. It'll give a superb firing position and places to take cover.

She processed bnc's words and with horror, she figured out... "Killing his own guards? He is completely insane... a lunatic an unstoppable senseless murderer... How can he possibly hide such corruption... " and she started worrying about Kynos, but as none of the others seemed to trust the mercenary, she did not say anything. Slobber using the little time they had left to make sure that Ramirez is dead was also shocked her, but it was nothing compared to Zola that simply seemed to enjoy murdering people - friends or foes...

Or was that Kynos that decided to murder all the fellow guards? Does she even want him to come and rescue her if it was him? If it meant getting out of that place alive, and somehow killing Zola... whoever did that atrocity must die. The Blood mage must have gathered some tremendous power from all these sacrifices there is no telling how much magic he could unleash on them. They needed to run.
Jack_Spade
Slobber fealt the form of a man descending the stairs. Leaving the corridor wasn't an option any more. The closest escape was the loo and that door didn't look like it would withstand a grenade blast particularly well.
SquirrelDude
"I'll try to stall it. Activate your chem-seals."

Slobber threw a gas grenade storing Neuro-Stun X into the stairwell. It landed exactly where he intended it, and began spewing the toxin into the air.

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
Anna asked her spirit to protect her team and used her spell defense to shield them from harm. If they had time, she would help bnc to move Schmidt to the loo and place him close to a wall - hoping that he'll survive what is to come.
Volker
"Sure can. Out of the room, everyone. Anna, stay off and focus on Lavadora. Krestov, pick up Johnson carefully."
bnc quickly configures Schmitt's biomonitor to send her a warning signal if he gets unstable, checks the explosives and their positions - on the one hand to make sure they are in the deadlist position possible, on the other hand to be able to identify them in the matrix once she breaks visual contact. Then she retreats.
Jack_Spade
The grenade had the desired effect of delaying their opponent: Slobber noticed the invisible presence leaving his radius of perception hastily as the grenade flew. The reaction speed was frighteningly fast - as was the movement speed.
SquirrelDude
"I've bought us 50 seconds. Use it."

Slobber looked through his bag. Frag me. I forgot my tripod. He pulled out two Flash-Bang Grenades, and with his chem-seal active, placed them near the bottom of the stairs and activated their wireless links.

"Anna. put two HE Grenades there as well. Activate their wireless link."

He tossed Krestov his sensor array with ultrasound.

"Turn that on. Might help. Get ready to help me pin that thing at the bottom of the stairs with suppressing fire. I'll give a signal when it starts moving."

"bnc, put marks on those grenades. As soon as we start shooting, blow 'em."

Slobber reloaded his rifle with more Ex-Explosive.

"When this is over, I don't want to find out that any of you were using Gel or factory-standard ammo. Give it the good stuff"
Jack_Spade
The 50 seconds turned out to be rather short: From above a small ball of blue light dropped down the stairs, bouncing merrily until it came to rest on the ground. It's icy aura made the escaping gas condense into dropletts where it came close and both Slobber and bnc had the distinct impression that this thing would detonate any second.
SquirrelDude
"Frag!" Slob rolled his eyes and the double meaning.

"GRENADE! CLEAR OUT"

Slobber ran out of the room, closed the door as he exited to shield the team from some of the blast, and tried to get to the cover of the corner next to the door to the main foyer.

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
If Anna notices the danger in time, she would use the levitate spell to shut the door near the stairs to prevent the grenade from getting too close to her and the to the team. Regardless, she would run to safety with the rest as quick as she can possibly get. Aiming to maximize the distance from the grenade and the number of walls between them, she would not stop running until there is a BOOM.

[ Spoiler ]
Volker
"Marked!", bnc confirmed, "Give me the signal. Can't see the bastard!
Oh, sh- it's a magic elemental grenade."

Casting a last look over to Krestov, who hopefully picks Gerhardt up with care, bnc gives tail and rushes after Slobbertooth, but then flees into the staff room, hoping to have a few moments to work on something.

The bank might appear invincible: A foundation with 1 m thick plastcrete walls, a time locked, half meter thick titanium steel save door with tungsten hardening, a military grade drone/agent controlling the buildings defenses, an eight-man guard squad on duty at all times with relieve no more than 5 minutes away...", she remembers Schmitt's description of the place.
The defence system must still be online! Also, there should be some of the security drones left. This might be our one chance!

Going full-VR again, bnc slips into the cyberspace to look for any remnants of the security system to be found.
[ Spoiler ]

Jack_Spade
No sooner had the team cleared the room, the elemental grenade exploded, turning the whole corridor into a fridge and shattering the stairs like brittle glas as well as the closed door separating the team from the stairwell corridor.
Krestov had taken Schmitt back to the front room, cradling the man like a child in his huge arms - which made him unavailable for combat.

Anna's spirit had gone into the astral to escape the elemental attack but was still trapped between the wards. With mounting horror she felt as an invisible foe swept down into the spirit's cell and obliterated it with a single swipe of astral power.
The last thought that she received from it was "Dualnatured"
On the plus side, this had bought them another few seconds - time enough for bnc to work her personal kind of magic: Finding a port in the staff room and establishing a direct connection with the defense system.

It didn't take her more than the 10th of a second to recognize the system: A single, very sophisticated Pilot Program, enhanced through an additional Agent Program.
To her surprise it talked to her directly: <<You are not recognized as an authorized user - please present credentials or use Override.>>

Anna, still reeling from the loss of yet another spirit received a different message:
<<Stay away from the doors. I'm coming for you and I have only one shot to get this right.>>
Gilga
Her stomach ached, she felt as if a piece of herself was again shredded... Yet she summoned again - a Man's spirit to help them. Whatever that thing was, they needed some magical help. She ordered the spirit vocally so that the rest would know it is there. "Thank you for helping, protect us with your stunbolt spell. Damage to the opponent, but keep it away from you if you can. It is too powerful." She said "lost the spirit, dual-natured opponent. Let me protect you with magic." If the man did not resist, she touched his back and cast the improve intuition spell.

She relayed the message and texted >> Kynos is getting in... likely opening a way for us out of here. If we can get out, we run away. . To Kynos she texted a thumbs up emoji.

[ Spoiler ]
Volker
[ Spoiler ]

Isn't that charming? Looking forward to work with you, bithead.
For an instant, bnc pondered upon the idea to ask Anna to toss her the SOK, but then decided against it. It would distract Anna from the fight with the blood mage und she herself would have to go off and online again. If you're a burglar with a key, that's good. But if you need one, you're not a burglar.
bnc hastily crafted a fake authentication, virtual fingers running madly. Then she says, keeping her voice calm, "Please recheck authentication."
SquirrelDude
"Run away, right"

Slobber looked towards where the spirit should be, checked his senses, and fired some shots at it. It's gonna love me. Instead of trying to aim at the thing, Slobber decided to try and stall it some more. Hopefully giving the rest of the team some time to kill it.

Krestov, I would appreciate your gun here"

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
Krestov had taken Schmitt with him behind the bank counter, while the suppressive fire prevented direct approach from the corridor.

Suddenly a whine could be heard from behind that closed in and became rapidly louder. Glas and steel exploded around the team as the locked front entrance was rammed through with their own Rover's back. The elemental wall danced across the car's exterior but the isolated and armored chassis held and formed an effective tunnel through the barrier.
The backdoor flew open and a tall man in a full body armor in the style of Knight Errant entered the room, holding an Ares Alpha. The man turned to Anna and called: "This is your ticket to leave. Get out."
Gilga
Anna declared with her most authoritative and loud voice tone. "Team, meat Kynos... Kynos Team. Krestov, go first with Schmidt, bnc! you are right after them. I and Slob follow -while firing on that monster. Go, NOW!"

She assumed that Kynos was a bit surprised, or perhaps unwilling to play the hero so she briefly looked at him, and then said.
Did I mention that you get an equal share out of a 3 million euro objective? - We just need to stay alive and keep Mr. Schmidt breathing... You need a new job and I need a new SIN! Oh and, thank you for coming to save me... I will never forget it!"

Not seeing bnc in the room she yelled harder "bnc!!! Time to go!" and then texted with a quick thought >> Sweetie... where are you? Horror filled her guts as she was torn by her desire to GTFO - and the horror that bnc might find herself alone with that murderous psychopath.

Jack_Spade
Kynos just grunted: "Fantastic, but I don't work for dead men - and that category will soon include all of us if Zola gets a clear shot while he channels one of his spirits. Not to mention he popped Psyche before he came in here."
With that, Kynos began to support Slobber's suppressive fire, allowing the other runner to reload.
Gilga
"Krestov! Get Schmidt out now! ... Slob, Kynos - I think that bnc is in the other room. She'll need some distraction. Kynos did you see our mind controlled mage outside? Perhaps I can even our odds by freeing him. "
Jack_Spade
"Knocked him out as soon as he did your rigger in. Careful, it's a bit slippery in the cockpit...

DOWN!"

The warning came just before another blue white glowing elemental grenade bounced from the hall wall and came to rest only a few meters from the team.
SquirrelDude
[ Spoiler ]

"I don't leave until it's dead and bnc is out of here. Wolf would abandon me if I abandoned a friend."

"Anna, make me invisible. Just trust me."

Upon seeing grenade Slobber simply uttered, "Oh fuck off you Azzie drekhead," and ran forward. past the magic grenade. He slipped through the door to the staff room, closing it behind him. He did his best to push bnc to the northeast corner covering her from the blast as best as he could.

"You owe me, netfet ."

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
Anna was confused with maintaining two spells and sustaining the massive pain she was in. She did surprisingly well with the invisibility spell despite the circumstances and then run away as fast as she could, to take cover.
The spirit had its standing order but Anna informally thought to her spirit. "Please, Mendy distract him! Be safe."

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
Slobber had barely shoved bnc into the corner of the staff room, when outside the grenade exploded. A wave of utter cold washed across him, but didn't seem to cause any damage.
Krestov had taken Schmitt out of line of sight.

Anna had a really bad moment as she realized what her command would do to the spirit: True to it's directive, it had broken through one of the barriers and thrown it's materialized body across the grenade, absorbing most of it's fatal power - and consequently got disrupted immediately.

Slobber noticed the invisible man floating across the floor towards the main room.

Slobber could see the mercenary stepp into view inside the main hall. The elemental blast didn't seem to have affected him, but he had obviously no idea that Zola had just got line of sight on him...
SquirrelDude
"Get those drones up fast, slitch." And with that Slobber ran out of the door.

All he had to do now was roll past a giant spirit, drop it and Zola, and then pop up like a heavily armed jack n the box. Slob did a diving forward roll past the the first invisible presence, pulling the grenade pin as he did so. Zola knew he was coming, but was probably expecting a gun or a sword, but hopefully not another gas grenade. Slob let the grenade drop from his hand, its gas spewing out and hopefully cutting off Zola from his abomination. He shuffled forward and with lightning speed raised his rifle from the sling and fired at what he thought was Zola's presence.

[ Spoiler ]

Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]

With a dash that could only be called a "mad run" Slobber took the field, homing in on what he thought of as Zola. The suddenly blossoming smoke cut of line of sight between him and Kynos, preventing the blood mage from dominating the tall elf's mind. Slobber's salvo hit true: The sound of the rifle shots was muffled by the silence spell around Zola, but the impacts where nonetheless clear. Still Slobber saw through his motion sense that the figure still was moving and very likely targeting him with some mind mojo...
Until another salvo from the other side of the smoke barrier rained down on the prone form.

And just like that it was over. The spells around Zola vanished, revealing that the once handsome man had been nearly bysected by the two combined salvos.
Only now the team realized that the alert had gone of - likely when the car had smashed through the front doors of the building. But at least the electric barrier had gone with Zola.
Kynos stepped through the smoke and nodded at Slobber: "Damn fine work - without you drawing his blood I'd never have had a chance to get a bead on him. Shit. Looks like I'll have to leave for Europe now. You don't mind if I borrow a ride with you to get from this Island? I'm not particularly keen to explain myself to council police."
SquirrelDude
The doctor and Anna can figure out to pay their new pet sociopath

"Thanks tinman. I don't have the energy to argue with you about who gets a ride right now. Just help us get all this drek in the truck.

"Special K, get the doctor stable and safe in the truck and give a sitrep on the rest of the team.
"Anna, don't tax yourself more than you have to. Just figure out how much loot we have left
"bnc, clear the gas out of this place before it kills someone, and then see if any of the guards are alive and try to stabilize them.

"I'm going to pick up my fragging grenades and make sure the Jaguar is missing his head." Slobber carefully moved back down to the vault to figure out what the hell was left after all the smoke and bullets had cleared the area.
Gilga
It was all too quick for Anna, she was shaken, mad and confused for losing yet another spirit. By the time she reacted the combat was over, they won. Won the day but far from safe, they were still in a bank with an alarm on - and help was on the way. She looked at the downed mage with a bit of awe and disgust... "Asshole!"... She did not plan to steal anything, but she was a thief at heart and Zola was the most powerful mage she encountered. Despite herself, she astrally percieved and scanned the dead body for magical items or foci. She could never afford these - and Zola did not need them anymore...

"Grab some things if you must, but let's go out NOW... we get paid for destroying the horror beacon and Zola left a trail of dead bodies... Let's not get caught with our hand in the cookie jar."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012