Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Thvor
Sam addressed the goon holding him. "I appreciate the dedication, but would you mind easing up on the neck? I promise you, I'm not planning on going anywhere, and I think we'd both be more comfortable."
Crossbow
The goon all but bodily moves Torley by the neck to the nearest comfortable looking chair. Once he is firmly planted, the goon moves his hand and plants it HEAVILY on his shoulder, "Comfy?" says a gruff, low voice with a thick South African accent.

Outside the room the shocked and naked woman is starting to dress, but she spares an agreeing nod to Starlet after she glances at the pic. Clem attempts to help, shielding her from public display as best she can, her experience with companions treated as roughly in similar circumstances coming to the fore.

Back inside the room, Viktor's father ends their brief conference with a sharp gesture. Returning to Torley with his son in tow he addresses the runner again, "Viktor's debt has been confirmed, so you have earned the right to leave here bodily intact, but I have yet to be convinced of your intentions, so now I will, at the very least, hear you out. Have a care though, I do not suffer fools kindly."
Thvor
Sam smiled agreeably at the goon once they'd changed positions. It was much more comfortable, after all, even with the restraining hand still present.

Once Viktor's father returned and laid down his request, Sam shrugged. "Like I said in the elevator, I'm here on business. My employer wants my colleagues and I to find an elf who ran off with something and fled here. Of course, we're new in town, so things are a bit more complicated than they would be back home. We were following a lead when I found out about Viktor's debt. Like I said, I didn't like the look of the guy. Assuming he's the only one that Viktor owes money to, you probably don't need me to tell you who it is." Sam paused and looked meaningfully at Viktor, trying to gauge if this was accurate or not before continuing. "Regardless, Viktor's not the one we're being paid to find, so we honestly don't have much professional interest either way in the outcome, though I've got my preferences; we're just trying to find our elf." Sam carefully kept his body language relaxed and exuding honesty; he was actually staying fairly close to the truth, which helped.
Crossbow
Viktor's father takes a seat across a table from you, "Why don't we start with this elf, do you have a name or an image I can see? I know quite a few people, maybe we have crossed paths."
Thvor
Bingo, Sam thought to himself. Feeling the goon's hand stiffen when he started to move, he kept his motions slow and controlled as he pulled out his 'link. Before pulling up Samriel's picture, he sent a quick message to Samantha and Clem: Still fine. Possible lead on original target He suspected that the goon was reading the message as well, so he didn't try anything else, then showed his screen to Viktor's dad. "This is the guy we're looking for. His name's Samriel Lockwood, though we suspect that he may be using a different name; his eyes should be a lot harder to hide."
Crossbow
Things have gone from somewhat dangerous to quite deadly in a split second’s time, and only because of Sam Torley’s magical abilities is he aware of the shift. Up to this point, he knew there was some peril to this situation. Ever since walking up to this man he suspected of being his mark’s father he had realized in the back of his mind that he really should have done a little bit of legwork on who the frag it was he was delivering the harbormaster’s message to, but he had been confident that it was a situation he could talk himself out of and learn from later.

Now, the beginnings of fear that there might not be a later are coming into play, though obviously he doesn’t show it.

Clearly, this elf is known to the man, and they are not friends.The hardness behind his eyes is telling Sam that, loud and clear. “You are bold, Mr.Torley, and very lucky that I have already promised you would walk out of this room. Now, the real question is are you going to continue this charade or are you going to make your pitch? I really don’t have much time for this game anymore now that I know the AF is in the picture.”
farothel
Sammy was waiting outside of the room, a bit reasured by the message from Sam, but she really wanted to know what was going on inside. Well, there was little she could do right now, except maybe make a mental note to go shopping for some detection spells when she could get a moment free.
Thvor
Sam had known from the moment that he decided to approach Viktor's dad that he was risking everything. That was what made the game fun to play, though; knowing that the stakes were going up sent a thrill through him. Keeping his expression calm, he smiled, "I am as you see me, sir. I am not part of the AF. And as Viktor's debt proves, this is no charade." Putting a slight edge into his voice and shifting subtly into a more aggressive posture, he continued, "Did you really think that the identity of Viktor's 'creditor' was my only chip? Very few would be so foolish as to approach you with that small of a safety net, I'm sure." Granted, I happen to be one of those stupid few today, he added ruefully to himself. Then he relaxed to his previous tone and gestured, "At this point, I'm willing to take your information on this elf, walk out that door, and continue with my business. Whether you continue to be involved beyond that is entirely up to you. Do note, though, that if I do not leave, or if I'm not satisfied with your information, others on my team will be coming. And I don't think you'll enjoy how they play the game."

OOC: Sam has the Poor Self Control/Thrill Seeker quality. Hasn't come up much in game, but it is there. smile.gif
Crossbow
“I can tell you quite a bit about your elf. I can tell you why he is here, I can hazard a guess or two where he is, I can even predict where he is going to be in the near future, but I have no reason to tell YOU any of that since I have no idea who you are really working for.”

Mr Englebrecht sits in the chair opposite Torley. “But let’s dispense with any threatening posture on your part, you are in no position to intimidate me. I need to know who you are working for, why you are looking for him exactly, and if we are working at cross purposes. You tell me that, I will tell you about your elf.”
Necrogigas
Torley gave a small shrug and leaned back in his seat, exuding an air of nonchalance, "The elf in question is the only lead provided to my employeer by their client in locating an item of antiquity stolen from a private collection. I won't be revealing to you who my client is because, as a subcontractor, I can't tell you what I don't know. I'm sure you can understand, if not appreciate in this moment, the compartmentalization of information."
Crossbow
Mr. Engelbrecht leans back as well, Torley notes the considerable skill with which he has in reading the face's nonverbal cues. Cues that Torley knows are telling him exactly what Torley wants them to, and that is 'Trust me.'

"Mr. Lockwood is not here to hide or to fence any ill gotten gains. He is here for an auction being held in the next few days, a very important and exclusive auction of artifacts and antiquities being held by one of the leash holders of this kennel of curs. It is the same reason I am here, one particular item on docket has certainly caught the Mystic Crusaders' attention, The Piri Reis Map."

Again, Engelbrecht's attention to Torley's cues is on edge with this pronouncement.
Necrogigas
Torley, internally, wanted to scream, We really need to do our research from know on. Engelbrecht, Mystic Crusaders, Piri Reis Map, what does any of this mean? This job was suppose to a straightforward seek-and-retrieve job. Externally, Torley gave a small smile of amusement, "If I had a nuyen for every time I did a job under false pretenses, I'd be able to retire. I am a bit curious as to if its my employeer or their client that concocted this falsehood." As soon as he said it, he gave a dismissive shrug, "I suppose it doesn't truly matter. The job is still fundamentally the same: keep my employeer alive, and find the elf." He cupped his chin in his hand and feigned being lost in thought for a moment, muttering to himself, "The Mystic Crusaders were never mentioned though, that would've been good to know during pay negotiations." He returned his attention to Engelbrecht, "Thank you for the illumination. I have given what information that I can, and you have given what you're willing. So how shall we proceed from here? Will we part ways amicably, or...?"
Crossbow
Englebrecht makes a slight wave off with his hand and Torley is once again transported bodily, this time by the shoulder. The movement is so quick his knees are not straight until he is standing in the hallway, facing his team.

"Bye." says a gruff voice as the door closes.
farothel
Sammy was a bit surprised whenshe suddenly saw the door open, but when Torley was shoved through and the door closed, she relaxed. She looked him over for any visible wounds.
"You okay," she asked.
Necrogigas
Torley smoothed out his clothing and gave Starlet a reassuring smile, "I am unharmed, no need to worry. This has been something of an experience. Good or ill has yet to be determined however. As an aside, we really should be doing more legwork. We've become far too comfortable with leaping before we look and letting come what may. Con may prefer such methods, and I must confess I too enjoy the thrill, but it will end with all of us dead before too long. All that said, my conversation has been most interesting and enlightening. We should retire to more private settings before discussing the matter though." Torley noticed a message from Snow though, per usual, his 'link was up to it's funny business, and the message was displayed in what he assumed was arabic. He turned to his two compatriots, "Anyone else get a message from Snow?"

QUOTE (Snow)
<We need to regroup at the hotel, pronto. Jane started a fight with some kidnappers that were grabbing teenage girls off a bus, and Con finished it. Problem is that they were from a gang called the Area Boys. According to Lil' Homie, they're the biggest and meanest gang in this deplorable city. Poor boy is in the middle of a panic attack. Jane's making some calls, calling in favors I think/hope. I doubt it'll be long before you're connected to us. Get back soon.>

Crossbow
The door opens quickly again as an unloaded Roomsweeper and shells are tossed into the hall then closed again.

--------------------------------------------------------

With no further business in the city, and what feels like a pressing need to be elsewhere, Torley, Starlet and Clem return to the docks without unusual incident. The boat is there, with the captain having a message from the harbormaster that any information he can gather will be put in a certain electronic dropbox, once the debt has been settled. The boat takes you back to the mainland, and you are able to regroup at your rooms.
Thvor
Once they were back at the hotel, Torley waited for a chance for the team to talk without Jane or Con's new sidekick overhearing, and then filled them in on what he'd learned from Mr. Englebrecht. "Snow, we've been really bad about doing our homework. I need you to find out as much as you can about this 'Piri Reis Map' and why the Mystic Crusaders and the Atlanteans would be interested in it. Also see what you can drum up about this auction--where it's being held, what security is in place, who's in charge, everything. Sammy, Jane seems to like you better than me; see if you can confirm with her whether we're working for the AF, and if the she really wants the elf--or just the Map." He shook his head. "I hate it when people lie to me, but we haven't been getting the whole story from her. If she wants the Map, wouldn't she already know about the auction? Why not tell us about it directly?"
Crossbow
Snow noda and gets her game face with this set of instructions, it has been a harrowing day for her, and the opportunity to get to one of her strong suits is welcome.

"Do you want me to try and dig up intel on these Engelbrechts? If we cross paths with them again it might be good to know. I am going to need to start doing this for people we meet, flying blind into these encounters is getting old fast."
Thvor
Sam nodded. "Sure. And if you've got the time, you could also look up that whale in charge of the harbor, though my gut tells me that the Map is the thing to focus on."
farothel
After some food and a beer, which was surprisingly good, Sammy went to talk to Jane.
"Say, today we had a couple of names coming up," she started, "we did a little side tour to Victoria Island in exchange for information about our target. Unfortunately, this brought us in contact with a guy named Englebrecht. Actually we were after his son. He said something about artefacts that people are after, including something called the Atlantis Foundation or something like that. He thought we were working for them. So here's the question: are we? And do you know something about the 'Piri Reis Map' that's going to be on auction soon. This Mr. Engelbrecht seemed to think we were."
Crossbow
Jane was sitting with Lil Homie, waiting for the team to finish their powwow and drinking a beverage or two herself.

"You don't know who the Atlantean Foundation is? Dunkelzahn's Will and all that nonsense that went down a few years back? Yeah, they are BIG players in the artifact trade. I had a little intel bit of intel that the elf was working for someone big, but I didn't know who for sure until you just told me."

Jane smiled at the question of her employer "Thought you weren't supposed ask those kind of questions, that's part of game, y'know? No, I'm not working for the AF, you probably wouldn't even know the guy if I told you, but I am still not telling you. Professional courtesy, y'know? This auction is definitely some news we should be looking into, I don't know why the map is important but let me call some people."

She starts to rise to make some calls in private.
Necrogigas
O'Connor and Clem traded turns watching out the window for trouble, "At least you guys were able a get a lead on this elf. So what are we going to do about the Area Boys? I could set up somewhere else and make a lot of noise to distract them from the rest of you. The way Lil' Homie puts it though, sounds like they have enough manpower to send a platoon or two after me, and still have plenty to spare to run you to ground."
farothel
Sammy came back to the rest and reported on her conversation with Jane. They weren't all that wiser, except to know that other people were looking for the same thing as they.
"I guess we're going to have some interesting times," she said to the others, "and those area boys will make it more interesting. Maybe we can try to lay low a few days until their interest goes away. Another option is to bribe them away. Money seems to be the big lubricant here, even more than in a lot of other places, so we should be able to use that to our advantage."
Thvor
Sam thought about it. He'd never liked bribes. "If they have that many people, I'm not sure we could afford to pay them enough to ensure they stay bought. And it sounds like Con may have raised their asking price, anyhow. And laying low for a few days might prevent us from doing our job, especially if the auction's really our deadline." He looked at Con's sidekick. "Lil' Homie, who are the power players around here? Who runs the Area Boys, and who keeps them from running the whole city? Who's their competition?"

To Con, he explained, "I think our best bet might be to see if we can convince them that you're too big of a target to go after. They don't know who you are yet, which gives us an advantage. But we need to act quickly if we want to control what they find out."
Necrogigas
Con gave Lil' Homie a sympathetic look, "I've been trying to get intel from him since we got back, but he's a babblin' wreck. He's absolutely certain that we're all dead. Keeps comparing these drek-heads to a force of nature rather than a gang. Maybe you can calm him down."

He gave a concenting nod to Torley's idea, "If you got a plan to pull that off, I'm down to try. My plan was to take out key lieutenants and create a power vacuum that would lead to infighting. But I don't think we have the time to identify, locate, and eliminate that many targets."
farothel
"We can offer them something that they can't get anywhere else," Sammy said, "or with great difficulty. From what I've heard, it's very difficult to get clean water here. Now I know there's a spell that purifies water. I'll ask my talismonger if he can get me the formula for that spell - I have some money so that shouldn't be an issue - learn it and then we can offer them fresh water in exchange for letting us alone. If they try to kill us, they lose that resource."
I
IIt might not be much of a plan, but it was better than trying to go to war with them. At least, she thought so.
Crossbow
Jane returns from making her calls.

"Not that I don't appriciate your moxie at wanting to try and shift around the power structure in this hellhole, but that is not the job we came here to do. I have confirmed the intel about an antiquities auction and found out the location of the items up for bid. They are in the palace of the Yoruba king in Ife, so that's where we are going."

The fixer moves to her travel bag and digs through it for a few seconds, coming up with a light linen piece of clothing that she tosses to Con. "We are going to go the low-conflict, no bloodshed route for dealing with this Area Boys problem. Disguises to get us to the market to get some stylish clothes for the palace and then to the airport to get gone to Ife, paying off whoever we need to to get this done. Any questions?"

The clothing is a long, loose hoodie, a bit of a feminine cut, but it would completely hide Con's distinctive features without smothering him.
Thvor
Sam was a little disappointed at Jane’s declaration—he’d already started planning how best to install Con as the head of the Area Boys—but kept his reaction to himself.

”Ok. What’s our cover going to be?” He knew he could make any story work, but they’d had issues with improvising recently.
Crossbow
"Well, our resources are limited and security is tight, so if you have an idea, I am open to suggestions. What did you guys tell this Engelbrecht guy? Seems a good bet we will run into him again." Jane tells him as she grabs a brush and other stuff and moves to a mirror to start changing up her style.
Necrogigas
O'Connor nodded to Jane, "You're the boss. If we're leaving town, should we bring our equipment, or leave most of it here to stay low-profile?" He motioned towards Lil' Homie, "He stays with us. You and I got him into this mess with the Area Boys. We're getting him out."
Crossbow
"We will need to travel light, and security will probably take any weapons and they will keep anything illegal. Use your judgement, this hotel has a rep for good security, and we will be coming back, so it should be fine."

She looks at the boy critically, "Didn't figure you for the parental type, dude. Regardless, he won't be allowed into the palace, he won't know how to act and besides which he is Igbo, he wouldn't be welcome. We can leave him with a friend though, so to speak, we are flying with the same guy that should have brought us here, Innocent Dobiri." She starts putting together an overnight bag for herself, "His expenses are on you though and I got no idea what the guy's sitter rate is."
farothel
"For disguises, I have both the makeover and physical mask spell," Sammy offered, "I can use makeover on us to create some form of simple disguise and use physical mask to cover O'Conner until we're out of town."

She looked at the others.
"I'm not sure about a cover for getting into the palace, but for moving through the city we can Always say we're investigating locations to film a movie about the Area boys and adding the idea that the director wants it on location as much as possible. The idea of movie money would apply to their greed and if they want confirmation, we can Always say the study killed it."
"As to getting into the palace, just saying we work for a private collector who wants to remain annonymous should work," she added, "I guess we're not going to be the only ones with that story there."
Necrogigas
O'Connor scoffed at Jane, "How ya gonna call me inhuman for being pragmatic about that clinic, but then turn around and mock me for not wanting to cut the kid lose to be tortured to death by gangbangers? Maybe you haven't done such a great job at holding onto your humanity as you claim."
Crossbow
"I was teasing you, not mocking, because of your reaction at the clinic. I wasn't suggesting cutting him loose, I was going to say leave him in the rooms to watch our stuff, but the only significant risk he is running from the Area Boys is staying with us. No one was paying attention to him at that shootout, the only people anyone is looking for are you, me and Snow." a surprised Jane waves at the Russian, oblivious to the attention as she works the limited cyberspace of this sprawl.

"If I was as heartless as you were about that clinic I would have double-tapped the kid when we got back to the hotel so that he couldn't bring the Area Boys down on us when we got back. I am doing my damnedest to make nice with you guys because you seem like a decent crew that I wouldn't mind working with again down the road, but if you want me to be the hardass Johnson, I can go that route too."

Looking at Starlet, she nods, "Yeah what ever you can do to drastically change our appearance, at least until we get to the airport, would be great, can you sustain that many spells at once though?"
Necrogigas
O'Connor gave a derisive snort, "Oh yeah, I'm the heartless one here. I'm the one that would deny people in this city their only source of healthcare because the provider offends my sense of moral superiority. I'm the one that's too sanctimonious to recognise that the options here only range from bad to worse. I'm the one foolish enough to gamble a kid's life on any detail escaping the notice of the apex predators of this city. I'm the one dumb enough to trust his safety to the reliability of a security staff that operates per bribe.

Maybe you can lie to yourself about your drek not stinking, but I see the real you. Don't think I didn't notice you only offered to let the kid stay here after I challenged you on the issue. Don't think I didn't noticed you deflect all blame for his predicament. Yeah, drek's bad because I killed those guys. I had kill them to protect you though, because you started that fight.

No one gets into the shadow biz because we're good people. None of us have any claim to the moral high ground. You wanna switch to being Ms. Hardass Johnson? Do it. At least then you'll be approaching something close to honest with us and yourself."

He had a lot more to say, but cut himself short. He took a breath and turned to Lil' Homie, "It's your choice Lil' Homie, Jai. Option One: You stay here and trust you safety to a staff and security that have only shown you contempt and can be bought on a whim.

Option Two: You stick with the drekheads that got you into this mess. Of which, the only one that seems to care if you live or die is the unstable, trigger happy psycho.

Option Three: I give you my gunsmith tools, the AKs, and enough cash to hide for a few months, and then buy an apprenticeship. Unlike everyone else in this room, maybe you can make something worthwhile of your life."
farothel
"Whoa, let's not fight amongs ourselves, shall we," Sammy said, trying to get the tension down, "there's more than enough to fight outside."

She looked at all of them.
"As to the spells, the Makeover spell doesn't have to be sustained," she said, "it basically does what you can do at a beauty salon and nothing more. I can change your hairstyle, as well as adding some cosmetics, but that's about it. Physical Mask is the one I have to sustain, but it does more. I have a focus for that one though, so I should be able to sustain two without problems. I also have invisibility, but I think a disguise is better as it's challenged less in my opinion."
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Jul 30 2019, 02:10 PM) *
"As to the spells, the Makeover spell doesn't have to be sustained," she said, "it basically does what you can do at a beauty salon and nothing more. I can change your hairstyle, as well as adding some cosmetics, but that's about it. Physical Mask is the one I have to sustain, but it does more. I have a focus for that one though, so I should be able to sustain two without problems. I also have invisibility, but I think a disguise is better as it's challenged less in my opinion."

"We might all need a spa day, but that is for after we get back,..." Jane replied, trying to mend fences, "...no we will need some serious cover, you need to make Con a Latino or an Oriental or something, and Snow and I need to be changed as well. Not trying to toot my own horn, but hot white chicks tend to stand out on any continent. We need the masks, three of them, but only until we get to the airport, the Area Boys have no presence in that district.

QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Jul 28 2019, 03:56 AM) *
"It's your choice Lil' Homie, Jai. Option One: You stay here and trust you safety to a staff and security that have only shown you contempt and can be bought on a whim.

Option Two: You stick with the drekheads that got you into this mess. Of which, the only one that seems to care if you live or die is the unstable, trigger happy psycho.

Option Three: I give you my gunsmith tools, the AKs, and enough cash to hide for a few months, and then buy an apprenticeship. Unlike everyone else in this room, maybe you can make something worthwhile of your life."[/color]

The boy looks amazed that he is the focus of so much attention, or that O'Conner is giving him a say in things. His eyes widen a bit when the shadowrunner offers such a lucrative windfall to him, and for a second his eye gleam with avarice, but he tries to give it serious thought. A few seconds later, "I want the 'drekheads' and the 'psycho', you need people to survive here, not stuff." he delivers the slang oddly, clearly unfamiliar with the terms he is using.
farothel
"I can sustain two of them, and one in my sustaining focus," Sammy said, "so that shouldn't be a big problem. But that will mean either dropping them or I'll be almost useless if we get in a fight. I'll first do the makeovers on me, Clem and Sam and then I'll do yours, starting with Con. When do we leave?"
Crossbow
"As soon as possible, we don't need the Area Boys waiting for us at the hotel entrance."
Crossbow
Snow returns from the Matrix, such as it is here, and informs the face of her results

“So, I found this first bit in an online library reference, apparently the map is some pre-Fifth World miracle or legend because it shows places people shouldn’t have known about and places that didn’t exist, like Antarctica.”

The Piri Reis map is a world map compiled in 1513 by the Ottoman admiral and cartographer Piri Reis (pronounced [piːˈɾiː ɾeis]). Approximately one third of the map survives; it shows the western coasts of Europe and North Africa and the coast of Brazil with reasonable accuracy. Various Atlantic islands, including the Azores and Canary Islands, are depicted, as is the mythical island of Antillia and possibly Japan.

“As for why the Foundation might want it, I would guess they think it would be some key to finding their ‘homeland’ maybe, their online presence is all about ‘retoring the world that once was’ kinda stuff. These Mystic Crusaders are some real deal black ops characters though. All magical, all elves and all badasses. They do the dirty work for the AF.,

“This auction is mostly rumor, no real details, but there is a lot of unusual players flying into Victoria Island that seems to give weight to it.” When she hears what Jane had told them she replies, “That is more than I found, but it jives with what little I heard. Definitely worth the trip.”
farothel
"Well, let's get the casting started," Sammy said, "I'll do myself and Sam first, as the others require sustaining. What hair colour do you want, Sam?"
She started casting, first changing Sam, mostly his hair colour in what he wanted and general cleaning up. This was a spell she had used often, as it was easier to quickly change an actor's hair colour this way than waiting for him/her to go to a salon and have it done there. When she had done him, she quickly did the same for herself, taking bright green as hair colour. When disguising you could either be as inconspicious as possible or take the other way. Everyone would remember and look at her, and hopefully don't look twice at the others. And she could Always change the colour back later if she had to be invisible again.

"Okay, now the next batch," she said to the others, "I'll try to give you all a latin cast and black hair and I'll try to make it look as if you're all family. You can work out the details on what kind of family yourself, but do let us know, just in case."
First she started with Jane, touching the woman while casting the spell. She saw the woman change, or at least give the impression of change. Next she did the same with O'Connor and then with Snow.
"There you are, three latin family members here for some business," she said when she was done, "now, let's go quickly, as I'm not sure how long I can keep this up. Also, don't count too much on me when we encounter something along the way unless I drop the disguises."
Crossbow
Once the casting was done, and everyone had an overnight bag, Jane circled them up and got ready to walk out.

"You wanted a cover story Sam, I just came up with one. O'Conner, forget about hiding, we are going out bold as hell. You need to stand up straight and make yourself seen, don't worry about talking to anyone, that's Sam's job. You just need to be the center of attention. We are family, you, me and Snow, running a Cartel drug ring out of LA."

"We are here for the auction, but wouldn't mind picking up some serious firepower to make our claim back home. Clem, you do your usual bodyguard bit and Sam, we don't speak the local tongue, so you are talking for us. Starlet, you are the drugged up sidepiece, so just stay close, you could even keep a grip on somebody, and keep the image up. That sound good?" Jane looked to Torley for his approval.
SleepIncarnate
As the spell is cast upon her, Snow looks carefully over the others. "What kind of family shall we be for this?" Upon hearing that her accent, subtle though it is at the moment, still slips through, she frowns slightly. Shaking her head, she brings up a mental comm window within AR and sends a text to the others.

<@Team [Snow] | I guess I will be having to communicate this way while we are pretending to be family then. Shall I be the mute sister or cousin or whatever?> Part of her suspected that Clem would appreciate her inability to speak aloud for once. In the meantime, she sets her two external links to passive mode, and her internal one to hidden. <@Team [Snow] | I'm going passive for my more overt links, hidden for my main one. I suggest the rest of you do the same. Unless you have a SIN that can pass as Latino or Latina, that is. Mine certainly won't do the trick.>
Necrogigas
"Yeah, I don't speak spanish. My cover is going to last as long as I can keep silent. Which I sure everyone has noticed, I like to run my mouth."
farothel
"I doubt anybody here speaks Spanish as well," Sammy said, "so that you don't speak it doesn't really matter. I can speak it if needed and I'm quite sure Sam can as well. You're the boss, you have people to do the talking for you. And don't worry, I've seen enough people on drugs to fake being on them myself."
SleepIncarnate
With another mental command, Snow begins her encryption program to protect the team's comm channel before making use of her subvocal mic to at least speak somewhat with the team. <I suspect that you may be the only one of us who speaks the language. I've just encrypted our channel here so we can at least use subvocal mics to communicate within our own group. This should be easier than text based communication for some of our... less technically minded members. Quicker too. If one of us has a suggestion of something for you to say, it can be passed on in more real time than texting.>
Necrogigas
O'Connor shrugged, "Fine. What's our relationship then? If I'm head of the family, then what are the rest of you to me? Wouldn't be great if I say Jane's my cousin and a finance guru, and others say she's my sister and a magic expert."
SleepIncarnate
<Who is to say she couldn't be both a magic and finance guru? I perhaps should be your mute sister who communicates only through text, and thus have become something of a tech wiz. Not letting on how much of one I actually am, but as an explanation for why I am not speaking and have so many commlinks.>
Crossbow
Jane seems to be trying to get into the act. while waiting for Torley's approval. (who seems deep in the tank thinking through the possibilities)

"Well, my thought was just us being your sisters. No offense to Starlet, but the Hispanic family structure, and the local Muslim culture, are very male oriented, we would have real trouble trying to push one of us as head of family over O'Conner...uh, I mean....Raphael?" she suggested as the name for his identity. "I could be Maria, we need a last name."
Necrogigas
"It was just an example Snow. As for names, don't spanish names have something like two first names, three to five middle names, and two last names?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012