Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misanthrope's Masterplan Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SleepIncarnate
Okay! I think I got it! Here we go for your assessment and judgements!

General
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes [345]
[ Spoiler ]

Skills [212]
[ Spoiler ]

Language and Knowledge Skills [7]
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities [10]
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts [48]
[ Spoiler ]

And now, for the really fun and complicated bits...

Gear [98]
Weapons & Ammo
[ Spoiler ]

Armor & Apparal
[ Spoiler ]

The IC Princess Mask - Alabaster White Helmet/Mask, Woman's Face W/ Jagged Crown
[ Spoiler ]

Tech Gear
[ Spoiler ]

B&E Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Tools
[ Spoiler ]

SIN & Licenses
[ Spoiler ]

Implants
[ Spoiler ]

Programs - All pirated except as noted
[ Spoiler ]

Drones
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicle
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle (15) - 5000/month - one month paid (5000)
[ Spoiler ]

Edit: Forgot to include it here, but cash on hand is 2700Y.

Edit2: Including some common dice pools for ease of reference.

Common Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Koekepan
Looks like a nasty piece of work, in the finest tradition of shadowrun. She should certainly make many bodies before going down.

I don't see anything obvious missing from the stats so far.

Of course, Can Opener can drink both elves under the table.

SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Nov 21 2019, 05:15 PM) *
Of course, Can Opener can drink both elves under the table.

What better way to get them down to her level?
Koekepan
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 22 2019, 04:14 AM) *
What better way to get them down to her level?

Axe. Kneecaps. Faster, but probably noisier.

Probably.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Nov 21 2019, 06:17 PM) *
Axe. Kneecaps. Faster, but probably noisier.

Probably.

That's for the ork.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Nov 21 2019, 06:14 PM) *
Kathy heads out and returns with what looks like an old fire extinguisher ... wait, it IS an old fire extinguisher, and a few old bulk nutrisoy jugs, swinging from her fingers. She plonks down the jugs, then inverts the extinguisher and pumps a brown-beige fluid into the jugs. It fizzes angrily, and smells intensely of ginger, lemon and bakeries. Delivery done, she plonks the extinguisher on the floor, grabs a jug and knocks back a hearty swig before smacking her lips and wiping her mouth with her sleeve. "That's the good stuff! Dry as a bone, smooth as a stone, strong as a troll, fills the right hole. Have a jug!"

Dwarven hospitality may occasionally leave something to be desired, but their drink is serious business.

Willie Smiles widely, his tusks gleaming in the subtle light. "Now we're talkin'! Thanks, Kathy!" He grabs another jug, expertly swings it up on his shoulder and draws a huge swig from it.

A shudder runs through his body, he squints tightly, and belches mightily. "You know your drink, I'll give ya that!"
Koekepan
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 22 2019, 05:51 AM) *
Willie Smiles widely, his tusks gleaming in the subtle light. "Now we're talkin'! Thanks, Kathy!" He grabs another jug, expertly swings it up on his shoulder and draws a huge swig from it.

A shudder runs through his body, he squints tightly, and belches mightily. "You know your drink, I'll give ya that!"

Kathy beams from ear to ear at the compliment, however ... crudely phrased. "This one's about a year old. Gives it a chance to mellow. I guess it's around ... oh, I dunno. Maybe forty proof?" She swishes her jug thoughtfully and sniffs at the mouth. "Maybe next time I'll go for mint instead of the lemon. Ginger and mint should go together nice, and 'sides I've seen mint growing wild in an abandoned lot. Should be fine once I wash it."
SleepIncarnate
And because I had to... the 20 (well, 19, since no magic) questions bit. Because, it's fun to flesh out this dark, twisted hacker.

[ Spoiler ]

I think I might have a good idea of her now. Something of a cross between Daria, volume 1 Weiss Schnee, and the love child of Molly Millions and Henry Case. This should be a fun counterpoint to Can Opener and Willie...

Edit: Oooooh, and I found a pic online that actually pretty well encapsulates her before and after the cosmetic changes... Before and after, respectively.
pbangarth
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 21 2019, 11:02 PM) *
Edit: Oooooh, and I found a pic online that actually pretty well encapsulates her before and after the cosmetic changes... Before and after, respectively.

I'm not sure which images apply to IC Princess, but "When the Smoke Dissolves" sure turned Willie's crank.
Mulcarn
Well, this is pretty handy. I already had some runs involving bunraku parlors and ex-yakuza enforcers built up prior to you making Iris. At first I thought it was cheesy and overplayed having simply made them but I don't feel so bad now.

Think my next big challenge will be introducing more Matrix Nodes through the different runs for her to have more to do than just coldly stare at men she detests.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 21 2019, 09:58 PM) *
Think my next big challenge will be introducing more Matrix Nodes through the different runs for her to have more to do than just coldly stare at men she detests.

You forgot about her having her sniper roto-drones pick off men she detests as well. And the AR toting doberman bodyguard.
pbangarth
OK! Quick WIllie updated in post #75 yet again. This time I believe the arithmetic is correct and that QW is set to go. I had to drop the Cerebral Booster from 2 to 1 to make it work, though. frown.gif
Mulcarn
Speaking of drones, I don't see their weapons listed anywhere. Only their ammo.

Edit: Nevermind I see it now.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 21 2019, 10:07 PM) *
Speaking of drones, I don't see their weapons listed anywhere. Only their ammo.

Edit: Nevermind I see it now.

Yeah. I should look into using the program Thanee uses to make it look all neat and clean like. Is that Chummer?
Mulcarn
Welp, Bad News is that I don't really have a good place to shoehorn in a random Matrix Node to hack (although technically I guess other stuff I have in there besides nodes can/are hackable) for her. Good news I designed the prologue mission to be fairly actioned packed and high paced.
Mulcarn
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 21 2019, 11:11 PM) *
Yeah. I should look into using the program Thanee uses to make it look all neat and clean like. Is that Chummer?

I think it is because it looks a lot like my Chummer files.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 21 2019, 10:12 PM) *
Good news I designed the prologue mission to be fairly actioned packed and high paced.

Is it Food Fight? cyber.gif
Mulcarn
No, but close. I call it Death Fight.
Thanee
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 22 2019, 06:11 AM) *

Haha, that "program" output is all hand-made. biggrin.gif

It's actually not hard at all, just put it in a txt file and make it look nice and then use the code-tag here to keep it look like it does in the file.

Just don't use TAB for spacing (just lots of SPACEs), they do not translate properly to this.

Bye
Thanee
Koekepan
I hadn't thought to do the twenty questions in a post, but I actually addressed some of them in my character text.

Oh well, here goes:

[ Spoiler ]
Thanee
Added some background to Selina's sheet now, too. Will look into those questions later. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
pbangarth
In the spirit of things, I found a "50 questions" (actually 53) file for QW. In post #75: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1347499

EDIT: I also added a vignette of Willie's big score
SleepIncarnate
I love how I started this. When I said I had to, that was a personal thing, to get her fleshed out and onto digital paper, as it were. Solidify her from in my head. But I love that everyone else is jumping in on it too.
pbangarth
Things are getting close. So, a few questions.

How are we doing dice rolls? Do we need to make an account at a dice-roll site? i think when I did this last I used Invisible Castle.

Are we using a colour coded text such as that at the bottom of SleepIncarnate's posts?

Will there be a time limit for posts, beyond which the GM will decide for the absent player?

Will there be maps? images?
pbangarth
Looking through some old links I had for Shadowrun, I found something Willie would like. I hope they are around in his time/space frame.

https://nikolamotor.com/powersports!
Mulcarn
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

I'll be using this for everything. Orokos
Mulcarn
Time Limit for posts will roughly be 3-7 days. But the faster the better. Maps and Images are a maybe at the moment. I'm experimenting with a few things and I'm not sure how it will properly transfer over to a PbP game.
pbangarth
OK, testing the colours:

Speech

Thoughts

Matrix

Whisper

Astral
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 23 2019, 08:45 AM) *
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

I'll be using this for everything. Orokos

What do you define Matrix as? Do subvocals count as Matrix, or just text? If they're not Matrix, do they use speech or whisper? What about speech to the others while in full VR, like to their commlinks? It's not coming from my character's mouth, but it's still speech.
pbangarth
Tested Dice roller. Seems easy enough.
Mulcarn
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 23 2019, 12:29 PM) *
What do you define Matrix as? Do subvocals count as Matrix, or just text? If they're not Matrix, do they use speech or whisper? What about speech to the others while in full VR, like to their commlinks? It's not coming from my character's mouth, but it's still speech.

Texts, emails and e-messages. Using your commlink as a cellphone or picking up a telecom call will be Speech.
Thanee
Can we pleeeease not use red for speech, but something more easy on the eyes? Red on grey background is pretty horrible, really. biggrin.gif

Maybe switch them around? Orange for speech and red for whispers?

Bye
Thanee
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 23 2019, 03:54 PM) *
Can we pleeeease not use red for speech, but something more easy on the eyes? Red on grey background is pretty horrible, really. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee

Seconded. A light blue or cyan is generally the norm. The dark blue for Astral can be hard to read too. Maybe something more like the following:

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Whisper
Astral
Crossbow
First shot

[ Spoiler ]

Mulcarn
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 23 2019, 04:54 PM) *

Bye
Thanee

QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 23 2019, 05:05 PM) *
Seconded. A light blue or cyan is generally the norm. The dark blue for Astral can be hard to read too. Maybe something more like the following:

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Whisper
Astral

I'll play around with the colors some more once I'm at my PC. I might use Sleep's suggested color scheme but I dunno yet.
Mulcarn
@Crossbow - Hey welcome! I have a few suggestions here and there but Smiley looks pretty well rounded all together. Once I get home I'll give a little more detail and recommend some tweaks.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Nov 23 2019, 04:32 PM) *
First shot

[ Spoiler ]

The sole human in a team of metas... I can already see Humanis calling him a race traitor or something to that effect.
Crossbow
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 23 2019, 09:30 PM) *
The sole human in a team of metas... I can already see Humanis calling him a race traitor or something to that effect.

He is a Native American, Humanis wants nothing to do with him smile.gif
Crossbow
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 23 2019, 09:27 PM) *
@Crossbow - Hey welcome! I have a few suggestions here and there but Smiley looks pretty well rounded all together. Once I get home I'll give a little more detail and recommend some tweaks.

He should be, he has been my pet character ever since 4th came out smile.gif By the way, before you make a note of it. He has only one ranged weapon, it is called his voice. wink.gif
Koekepan
An alcoholic adept, and brewmistress magician.

No possible way this could go badly.

Enh, as long as he pays for resupplying ingredients, I doubt Kathy would care too much how much he drinks. It's highly unlikely he'll drink more than a couple of kilolitres a year, and if he's not picky on flavour she can do fast turnaround recipes that will keep him drunker than a skunk until his liver packs its bags and goes for a walk.

OK, maybe she'd ask for 5 percent on top of cost.
Crossbow
He already gets all the beer he wants from Josie, but he would definitely become a regular patron and tester for any exotic brews. smile.gif
pbangarth
Quick Willie is thrilled to have another biker join the crew. "That makes ... (one finger, two fingers) .. three of us!"
Mulcarn
Okay here's what I could come up with as far as tweaks go. You aren't obligated to change anything but I thought I should at least put my 2 nuyen.gif in.

Smiley

Primary Attributes: 370 Karma
Special Attributes: 115 Karma
Positive Qualities: 40 Karma
Negative Qualities: -60 Karma
Nuyen: 20 Karma
Skill Groups: 165
Active Skills: 100

Attributes
Body: 5
Agility: 6
Reaction: 4 (6)
Strength: 3
Charisma: 5
Intuition: 3
Logic: 2
Willpower: 3
Edge: 3
Magic: 6
Essence: 6

Qualities
Adept
The Warrior's Way
Addiction Mild (Alcohol)
Poor Self Control (Compulsive, Low)(Flirting)
Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)
Sensitive System

Skill Groups
Athletics: 4
Influence: 4
Stealth: 4

Active Skills
Dodge: 4 (Ranged Combat)
Perception: 4 (Visual)
Pilot Ground Craft: 1 (Bike)
Unarmed Combat: 6 (Martial Arts)

Martial Arts
Wild Cat

Adept Powers
Combat Sense: 2
Critical Strike: 4 - Discounted
Improved Reflexes 2 - Discounted
Killing Hands - Discounted
Elemental Strike (Acid, Cold, Electrical, Fire) - Pick one
Kinesics 3

Street Gear
No clue but you have 50,000 nuyen.gif worth of funds so go nuts.
Crossbow
Only problems I see at quick glance is Luck being low and the contacts, because I think I paid extra for them.

Also. where is the Martial Arts advantage?
Thanee
Hey there! smile.gif

Looks like our little runner group is filling up nicely.

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Nov 23 2019, 11:24 PM) *
Only problems I see at quick glance is Luck being low and the contacts, because I think I paid extra for them.

Also. where is the Martial Arts advantage?

It was just a quick list of changes. The nuyen amount can be cut in half to buy more contact points. And 3 Edge is typically the average amount that most runners have. I used the extra Karma leftover from the lowered Edge to max out Magic. I picked up The Warrior's Way to get a discount on your core adept powers. I need to re-read up on Martial Arts before I can post any relevant changes, if any. So I just left it as Wild Cat.
Thanee
You need to take the Martial Arts Quality in order to pick up those Martial Arts Styles. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Nov 23 2019, 07:05 PM) *
He is a Native American, Humanis wants nothing to do with him smile.gif

Neither does Iris.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 24 2019, 02:02 PM) *
It was just a quick list of changes. The nuyen amount can be cut in half to buy more contact points. And 3 Edge is typically the average amount that most runners have. I used the extra Karma leftover from the lowered Edge to max out Magic. I picked up The Warrior's Way to get a discount on your core adept powers. I need to re-read up on Martial Arts before I can post any relevant changes, if any. So I just left it as Wild Cat.

I will play around with it, get things right. I like the changes I am just am no good with the Karma system. Also never cracked Way of the Adept before.
Koekepan
OK, so far we have, in approximate order of fighting weight:

An aspiring combat biker ork

A human martial/marital arts adept and his pet hip flask

A very sneaky elf cat shamaness almost as pretty as the adept, depending on your preferences

An elf decker ex bunraku puppet with a strong power of hatred

A dwarf mage with her own pet pack of gremlins.

So that's ... rigger, face, infiltration, decker, magic for healing and harming, all sprinkled with some capacity for interpersonal kinetic dispute resolution. Nice.

What are we missing? All I can think of through a fog of caffeine deprivation is a 9 foot trog with his own panther cannon and a taste for smooth jazz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012