Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magicians way adept initiation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jason Farlander
I believe they have access to both, but must purchase them separately.

Edit: and I am wrong, apparently. Won't change how I personally run my game, but magical adepts use centering in the same way as normal physads.
BitBasher
QUOTE (Jason Farlander @ Aug 4 2004, 01:08 AM)
I believe they have access to both, but must purchase them separately.

MITS p24, they have access to Centering like Adepts do and can apply their Centering to other skills like Adpets.

And {EDIT} he already caught that by the time I was done typing. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Apathy
Not intending to start another un-ending debate, but does anyone have any strong opinions about which variety of centering (physad centering vs mage centering) is better/more effective/more flexible?
Ol' Scratch
Adept without a doubt. The first time they select it they can use it with magical abilities or Physical Skills (making it the sole advantage a magician adept has since they get more mileage out of that first level). Each additional time they take it they can apply it to any other group of skills. A traditional magician is stuck using it with Magical Skills only.
BitBasher
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Adept without a doubt. The first time they select it they can use it with magical abilities or Physical Skills (making it the sole advantage a magician adept has since they get more mileage out of that first level). Each additional time they take it they can apply it to any other group of skills. A traditional magician is stuck using it with Magical Skills only.

almost... First sentence under "Adept Centering" page 73: "Unlike Magicians, Adepts do not use centering for magical skills".

Which goes with the line under the Magician's Way that says they used centering exactly like an adept. Apparently adepts cannot center sorcery or conjuring or any other magical skills. I didn't know that till I read it about a half hour ago.
Jason Farlander
BitBasher: keep reading the section on adept centering and you'll run into a contradiction. Apparently, adepts *can* learn to apply Centering to Sorcery.
Ol' Scratch
Interesting.

However, on page 74, the very last paragraph of the Centering section, it states: "Adepts can center against Drain caused by any use of their powers." Magical Power is an adept power, so one could argue that a magician adept could at least use the Drain-reducing effect with their magical skills.
BitBasher
Someone needs to seriously go through and sanity check a lot of phraseology in this game!!!
Ol' Scratch
I'll second that.

Actually, I think the text on page 24 is a typo. It's odd that they would say that a magician adept uses Centering like an adept only to state it again in the next sentence. I think it was supposed to read more like this: "Magician adepts use Centering in the same way as [traditional magicians]. They may also learn to apply Centering to other skills as do adepts." The only thing I changed was [traditional magicians] from [adepts].
Kanada Ten
I pick OurTeam and Doctor Funk.
BitBasher
I'll concur with that interpretation funk.
Jason Farlander
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
I pick OurTeam and Doctor Funk.

Wait... OurTeam hasnt... posted... in this thread...?
RedmondLarry
Now I have. wink.gif
Eyeless Blond
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Magican Adept:
-5 Build Points vs. the adept
Limited to Force 4 ward creation
More vulernable to Magic Loss
More vulnerable to geasa breakage

...not to mention...

Full Magician:
Astral Projection
Astral Perception for free
Magic 10
Ability to cast up to Force 10 spells
Ability to summon up to Force 10 spirits
Ability to create Force 10 wards
4 Metamagic Techniques
+5 Spell Points over the magician adept
Less vulnerable to geasa breakage

Sorry for dragging up posts from a page ago, but I felt a few of these needed to be addressed. First off, wards are not created by any magical skill (otherwise normal adepts would not be able to create them), so the maximum Force available for a ward is the magician adept's actual Magic Attribute, 10. Second, magician adepts are no more or less vulnerable to Magic Loss than a mage with an equal Magic Attribute, although I suppose the magician adept might fear losing all of his Magical Power eventually if he gets smacked around enough.

As for the rest, well of course the magical adept isn't going to be as strong as the focused mage in his area of expertise, nor as good as the normal adept in his area of expertise. But, each metamagic technique he *does* get will be made much more effective by the wide array of different powers that he *does* have. You have already covered the example of how a magical adept uses Centering on physical skills in addition to being able to Center against Drain for the Sorcery and Conjuring skills he gets from adept powers. Other examples are the use of Enhance Aim with the Improved Pistols ability, the use of Improved Senses to target spells, possibly using touch-range spells with Distance Strike, etc. Magical adepts are "gimped" because if they were not they stand to gain much more upon a single initiation than either a regular adept or a regular mage would.

On the flip side, compare any of the magic traditions with, say, a sammie. A magical adept can raise his Magic attribute and either learn a metamagic technique or gain a power point for around 12 Karma. The sammie can raise one skill by a point, or raise his Willpower from 5 to 6. The magical adept wins, hands down. nyahnyah.gif
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
Second, magician adepts are no more or less vulnerable to Magic Loss than a mage with an equal Magic Attribute, although I suppose the magician adept might fear losing all of his Magical Power eventually if he gets smacked around enough. nyahnyah.gif

As i understood it, Both have the same chance of lossing magic because they are pain/stim freaks, but the Physmage "burnouts" that much quicker.

Full mage with magic 10 has X chance of losing their first magic point (1 in 12?) and can take 9 hits to the magic rating before burning out.

Physmage with Magic 10 (magical power 6) has the same chance's all the way down as the mage above, but can only take 5 hits before burning out.

Yes/ No. Right/ Wrong?
Jason Farlander
QUOTE (OurTeam)
Now I have. wink.gif

Heh... well thats a start...

Now all you have to do is provide some sort of opinion or interpretation subject to potential agreement, and you can make Kanada Ten's post valid retroactively.
Dashifen
QUOTE (OurTeam)
Now I have. wink.gif

rotfl.gif
RedmondLarry
QUOTE (Jason Farlander)
..you can make Kanada Ten's post valid retroactively.
I think Kanada Ten trusts whatever I write whether I've written it already or not. Therefore his post IS already valid, and he made it that way all by himself. He doesn't need my help. I immediately trust his posts as being valid.

He's responding to BitBasher's suggestion that someone be picked to go through these parts of the book and make sense of it all. Thanks, Kanada Ten, for volunteering me for this work. smile.gif
Cain
Shockwave has got it. Because Physmages always lose Magical Power first-- *and* once they lose all their Magical Power, they're forever a normal adept-- they are a lot more screwed than either a normal mage or an adept.

I've run several experiments with physmages, and even at high levels (1000+ karma) they're still not much better than a starting mage or adept. They don't gain that much more with their added flexibility.
RedmondLarry
Ok, time to post for real.
QUOTE (Shockwave IIc)
Full mage with magic 10 has X chance of losing their first magic point (1 in 12?) and can take 9 hits to the magic rating before burning out.

Physmage with Magic 10 (magical power 6) has the same chance's all the way down as the mage above, but can only take 5 hits before burning out.
I think Shockwave's analysis is all wet. What GM runs a campaign where characters have to plan for how the campaign will turn them into a mundane? All magical characters are screwed in such a campaign. An adept will lose all his powers, one at a time. The Magician's Way power will simply be the first to go. And in Shock's 2nd example, he's not burned out, he's only as valuable a character as an Adept, which is a good character type to begin with.

OurTeam's first law of magic loss
QUOTE (OurTeam First Law of Magic Loss)
If your magical character is at Magic 6, he is at no greater chance to fail a roll for magic loss just because he was once at Magic 10.

Let's do some analysis before I present the second law. For a given character ("T") in a given campaign ("U"); let 'V' be the rate at which checks for Magic Loss are made (measured in the number of checks per 100 earned Karma). Let "X" be the rate at which Magic is Lost per 100 earned Karma (X can be computed, knowing V and the current Magic Rating). Let "Y" be the rate at which initiation is done per 100 earned Karma.

Given a character in an ongoing campaign, while X is greater than Y the character will lose Magic faster than she gains it. At each loss of Magic, X (the rate of loss of magic) will be lowered because Magic Rating has lowered. Loss of Magic will continue until X is roughly equal to Y, and a steady state is reached where the rate of initiation is equal to the rate of magic loss. The character will plateau at this level. While X is less than Y, the character will increase in Magic faster than she loses it. Upon each increase in Magic, X will be raised. Magic will continue to increase until X is roughly equal to Y. At that point a steady state is reached where the rate of initiation is equal to the rate of magic loss. In either case, there is a plateau affect. Sometimes higher than Magic 6, sometimes lower. Let us call the value of the Magic Rating at this plateau "Z". Given values for "V" and "Y", simulation can produce a resulting value for Z.

OurTeam's second law of magic loss
QUOTE (OurTeam Second Law of Magic Loss)
A player that wants to raise the Magic Rating plateau for her character should take actions to lower the frequency of checks for magic loss, or increase the frequency of initiation.

The GM's corollary to the second law
QUOTE (GM's corollary to the second law)
A GM that wishes to lower the Magic Rating plateaus for characters in his campaign should increase the number of checks for magic loss required per week of play, or reduce the amount of karma awarded per week of play.

OurTeam's third law of magic loss
QUOTE (OurTeam Third Law of Magic Loss)
For any Magician's way adept with N power points toward Magician Power, a run of bad luck where he loses N magic points in a row without initiating will cause him to lose his Magician's Power completely.
From then on, that character will only be as useful as an Adept (which is a great type of character).

The fourth law is simple.
QUOTE (OurTeam Fourth Law)
For any awakened character with Magic Rating N, a run of bad luck where he loses N magic points in a row without initiating will cause him to lose his awakened power completely.
From then on, such a character will only be as useful as a Samurai (which is a great type of character).
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Ourteam)
I think Shockwave's analysis is all wet.

Sorry im not getting that slang, Cains say's i got it right, are you agreeing or disageeing?
RedmondLarry
"all wet" indicates disagreement.
"right on" indicates agreement. Sorry for the slang.

You point out something that is true, namely that an Adept of the Magician's Way can lose his Magical Way powers due to Magic Loss. And if lost, he'll never get it back. That is what the book says, and you've got it right.

1) You have the wrong numbers for Magic Loss until someone becomes burnt out (mundane). It takes one more loss than you indicate.
2) An Adept of the Magician's Way does not "burn out" (become mundane) when he loses his Magician's Way power. He is still an Adept, with a Magic Rating and adept powers, when he loses his Magician's Way power. He can never get it back, but he can continue to initiate and increase his Adept Powers.
Shockwave_IIc
Ok not to nit pick (ok maybe biggrin.gif)
QUOTE (I Said)
can take 9 hits to the magic rating before burning out.

and the term "burn out" in reference to not being able to cast spells not becoming mundane, granted i didn't make it that clear.
tjn
QUOTE (OurTeam)
I think Shockwave's analysis is all wet.

I disagree nyahnyah.gif

What GM runs a campaign where characters have to plan for how the campaign will turn them into a mundane?

Let's turn this around: What GM runs a campaign where characters have to plan for how the campaign will violate their core character type?

That's the major thing. Adepts of the Magician's Way don't have the Magic Power to lose enless they devote most of their power points to it; and if they do that, wtf's the point of playing an Adept of the Magician's Way? A normal campaign has the capability of violating an Adept of the Magician's Way unlike the other Awakened types.

All magical characters are screwed in such a campaign. An adept will lose all his powers, one at a time. The Magician's Way power will simply be the first to go.

But it's not outside the land of possibility to lose two or three points in a relatively short amount of time in a normal campaign, and losing those two or three points might just evicerate an Adept of the Magician's Way's Magic Power. While there is still hope to climb out of that hole for every other Awakened character type, there's a good chance that an Adept of the Magician's Way is screwed.

And in Shock's 2nd example, he's not burned out, he's only as valuable a character as an Adept, which is a good character type to begin with.
From then on, that character will only be as useful as an Adept (which is a great type of character).
From then on, such a character will only be as useful as a Samurai (which is a great type of character).

The player chose to create an Adept of the Magician's Way because they wanted to play an Adept of the Magician's Way, not a normal Adept or even a Samurai. Whether or not they are a good, great, or even viable type of character is meaningless.

It boils down to the fact that an Adept of the Magician's Way does not have as much room for error in relation to maintaining the character type as other Awakened character types.

As far as their version of initiating, it's a piece of drek. Their advantage is their limitation; the fact they can choose their path means they didn't choose the other path. The fact that Adepts of the Magician's Way have the potential to do it all, doesn't mean they can do it all. Every Karma spent on spells is karma they don't get to spend on Adept abilities and what-have-you.

P.S. Can we please get a one word term to describe this character type in 3rd Edition? nyahnyah.gif "Adept of the Magician's Way" is overly obtuse.

EDIT to make Doc happy nyahnyah.gif
Ol' Scratch
P.S. Can we please get a term like PhysMage in 3rd Edition? "Adept of the Magician's Way" is overly obtuse.

I would rather have a root canal than see that term used. Sames goes with the archaic (and, I might add, longer and more complicated) term "PhysAd" versus "adept." They're either "magician adepts" as they're referenced in the sourcebooks or, if you prefer, "physical mages" or even "adept mages."
BitBasher
It boils down to the fact that an Adept of the Magician's Way does not have as much room for error in relation to maintaining the character type as other Awakened character types.
What a character initially wanted to play is largely irrelevant after some real playtime. part of the game is that characters evolve, which can be for better or worse.
Ol' Scratch
Unless you strip a street samurai of all his implants and force him to take the Bio Rejection flaw on a regular basis with the same ease in which an adept magician can lose Magical Power and become a standard adept, your point is rather moot.

Afterall, at least according to OurTeam, a mundane human with no cyber is still a great character play. Who cares if that's not the character you wanted to play (since you didn't design him as such)? Minor detail that. Might as well transform that human combat mage into a troll decker while you're at it. Who cares if the player wanted to play a human combat mage? He "evolved" for better or for worse, right?

Hell, why let players design characters at all? They don't know what they want to play.
BitBasher
Way to completely distort a statement to make it more easily attackable! And you hadn't done that in a while either...

I have had players play mundane humans with no magic or cyber, and they thought it was a great character to play, they were quite happy with him, he was a damn good face.

The game is not about getting everythign yuou want. As long as it's done fairly and as a result of circumstance and not GM whim I have found that changes like that for a character often work quite well, usually as an evolution from one stage of a character's life into another. That's all part of the game, or do you never enforce magic loss?
Ol' Scratch
Way to completely distort a statement to make it more easily attackable!

It wasn't so much a distortion as an extrapolation. You were using that as an excuse to explain why it's perfectly dandy to ignore an adept magician's weakness to Magic Loss so I took that argument and applied it to other character concepts to show the absurdity in it.

I have had players play mundane humans with no magic or cyber, and they thought it was a great character to play, they were quite happy with him, he was a damn good face.

And I'm sure they all started off as heavily-cybered death machines or hermetic magicians, too.

I'm not saying that mundane humans with no implants aren't fun characters (they're amongst my most favorite, truth be told). The difference is that when playing a mundane human with no implants, you created them that way as opposed to being forced to play one that way despite creating a completely different character to begin with.

The game is not about getting everythign yuou want. As long as it's done fairly and as a result of circumstance and not GM whim I have found that changes like that for a character often work quite well, usually as an evolution from one stage of a character's life into another. That's all part of the game, or do you never enforce magic loss?

I have no problem with logical reprecussions for a character's actions. I don't even have a problem with traditional magic loss. The big difference here is that adept magicians get screwed ten ways to Sunday when it comes to magic loss... moreso than any other magical character. In fact, the only other character concept in the game that I know of that gets screwed like that is the otaku, and... I have plenty of issues with them beyond just that. 'Course their weakness is from age which is rarely an issue in most campaigns, so the adept magician still gets it way worse.

What's even more odd about adept magicians is that, despite being traditional magicians who have delved into learning adept powers, they end up becoming normal adepts and losing their standard magical abilities when they suffer magic loss. That, in and of itself, is ass-backwards.
BitBasher
I see where you're coming from, but the underlying reality is that both types of adepts suffer magic loss in the same way, the only difference is that a normal Adpet can choose what powers he loses while the Path of the Magician Adept cannot. Neither is getting any more screwed that the other, except in the case that he is losing his last point of Casting Ability.

[EDIT]
What's even more odd about adept magicians is that, despite being traditional magicians who have delved into learning adept powers, they end up becoming normal adepts and losing their standard magical abilities when they suffer magic loss. That, in and of itself, is ass-backwards.
That's because, straight aout of the book, they are adepts, they starts as adepts and they end as adepts. Nothing evers says they start as a full mage, in fact it specifically states the opposite. They are specific path of the Adept that costs 5 more points than a normal Adept. Their spellcasing ability is an Adpet power that costs one point per level. They are adepts. I really wonder why you keep saying that when the book directly contradicts that view.
Ol' Scratch
...and becoming a traditional adept with no hope of ever reclaiming his Magical Power. That's 5 Build Points and the equivalence of (Magical Power * 6) Karma lost forever, with nothing in return for that loss.
Cochise
QUOTE (BitBasher)
[EDIT]
That's because, straight aout of the book, they are adepts, they starts as adepts and they end as adepts. Nothing evers says they start as a full mage, in fact it specifically states the opposite.

Do me a favour and quote the whole part that deals with magician adept's (My MitS is still out of reach). I'm pretty sure that they don't start out as Adepts and end as adepts, regardless of them using Adept rules (easier to implement I guess).

I'm particularly interested in the sentence that goes somethimg like this: "... are magicians that devoted some of their magical talent into learing adept powers ...

They are specific path of the Adept that costs 5 more points than a normal Adept.

With a specific description that leaves them not as "normal" Adept with some additional powers but as magicians with access to adept powers ...

Their spellcasing ability is an Adpet power that costs one point per level.

Now that's the rule part. And at least to me it's quite obvious why it happens to be that way: easier to implement ...

They are adepts. I really wonder why you keep saying that when the book directly contradicts that view.

As I said: Do me a favour and quote MitS ... It might even be that it's the very first sentence on those "Adepts" ...
Ol' Scratch
MitS p. 22: "Rather than devoting all their time to studying magical skills, magician adepts channel some of their magic into improving their physical abilities in the same manner as adepts, while using the rest of their talent for magical skills such as Sorcery and Conjuring."
Cochise
Thx Funk ...

Now BitBasher. Obviously those Adepts start out studying magical skills (just like magicians) but channel some of their talent into physical powers like Adepts, while using the (larger!?) rest of their talent for magical skills ...

This sound like a magician going Part-Adept and not like an Adept going Part-Magician, wouldn't you agree?
CONAN9845
MitS, p. 2, Table of Contents, Path of the Adept, Magician's Way

They are adepts. They are called magician adepts, not adept magicians. Besides, with Initiation rules like those, they wouldn't remain "adept" magicians for long.

Just let them Initiate like every other adept.
Cochise
QUOTE (CONAN9845)
MitS, p. 2, Table of Contents, Path of the Adept, Magician's Way

They are adepts. 

And that still doesn't resolve the extremely different sounding description.
And the simple fact that Adept rules are easier to implement, makes it a rather logic choice of listing them under Adepts wink.gif

Besides, with Initiation rules like those, they wouldn't remain "adept" magicians for long.

That's one of the things that has been critizised wink.gif
CONAN9845
And that still doesn't resolve the extremely different sounding description.
And the simple fact that Adept rules are easier to implement, makes it a rather logic choice of listing them under Adepts wink.gif

I agree with that.

Besides, with Initiation rules like those, they wouldn't remain "adept" magicians for long.

That's one of the things that has been critizised wink.gif

And I agree that the Initiation rules for them suck, and that you should just use the normal Initiation rules for them, even though it loathes me to agree with Funk.
Ol' Scratch
Get a life.
CONAN9845
Hmm... that was fast. You first.
RedmondLarry
I agree with everyone, to a point. My position was exaggerated, and no where did it indicate that a player should enjoy having his awakened character lose powers or magical ability. I'm glad I stimulated some conversation. I look forward to seeing many of you at Gencon.
Apathy
Doc Funk, would you be happier if, for consistency's sake, either:
1. The description said "Rather than devoting all their time to developing their physical prowess, magician adepts channel some of their magic into improving their magical abilities in the same manner as mages, while using the rest of their talent for physical skills like normal adepts."
-or-
2. Whenever the magical adepts lose a point of magic, it automatically comes from their physical adept powers, and if they lose enough points to take their physical adept power points to 0, then they're forever more just a gimped mage?

I recognize that this would not cover your concerns about the magical adepts being gimped, but would you feel that this at least made the descriptions more consistent?
Ol' Scratch
I'd be happiest if they just treated them like any other adept with a requirement of Priority A/30 Build Points. Magical Power has its own limitations and benefits. No special rules for initation or Magic Loss is required or needed.

I'll also point out that Cochise is the one who has a bigger problem with them being magicians who learn adept powers as opposed to adepts who learn magical powers. I'm rather meh on the difference and think it could and should be dependant upon the individual character. But the description does clash with the mechanics and yes, your change of text in #1 is closer to matching the rules. #2 is just as bad as it currently is, however.
Apathy
I never claimed that #2 was any more or less balance than current. I just was asking in regard to the consistency issue.

Sorry about incorrectly referring to you about this one, Doc Funk; Cochise, do you have an opinion on the previous question?
Cochise
Of course I do have an opinion on those two questions:

ad 1. I'd be a bit happier, since that would bring rules and description a bit closer.
It wouldn't however change my opinion that there's no need for crippling a character type that obviously has a higher power level than a standard adept (represented by Prio A / 30 build point cost vs. B prio / 25 build points) just because he has more power in the specific area. The comparision (if really needed) should be done with a character type of the same power level. The gains and losses of such an adept in comparision to a normal magician are balanced enough. And he should most definitly not be gimped in comparison against a character (the standard Adept) who by definition is weaker than such a magician adept.

ad 2. This regulation would be in line with the current description of magician adepts. The outcome of such a ruling would still be bad (since free astral perception and projection would still be missing), but at least such a character would not have an empty magic attribute and his metatechniques would not be totally lost (Centering as the only cross-class technique with different effects would be reduced in its effectiveness, but all others could still be used normally).

Overall the consistancy is merely the point where my objections with the current rules start. But they continue with needless gimping and subsequently the lack of balance within these rules.
Zazen
QUOTE (Cochise @ Aug 3 2004, 12:56 PM)
=> I'm still saying that the rules as written do say: Initiate, chose option 1, get magic + 1, thus get 1 power point and now choose between learing technique or getting extra power point ...

This is rather different than the last time we had this lengthy discussion!

QUOTE (Cochise responding to my needling more than a year ago)
But since you now demand an explicit ruling I have to concede: There is none =>The actual wording would then resolve like this:

Initiate and choose options:

1a) magic point (thus power point) + metamagic (= benefit from initiation + another metamagic (= choice within adept of the magician's way rules)
1b) magic point (thus power point) + metamagic + powerpoint
2a) magic point (thus power point) + alter signature + metamagic
2b) magic point (thus power point) + alter signature + powerpoint
3a) shed geas + metamagic
3b) shed geas + powerpoint

Very extreme, inconsistent in comparison to other advancements of magically active characters, but unlike the FAQ version: "correct", since it doesn't ignore any of the rules that are involved.

I was rather proud of my accomplishment in changing your mind about this, so it saddens me to see you go back frown.gif
Cynic project
Phyismages are horrid. THey are nto as good as adept or mages.They can do both, bu they wind up either only really doing one or sucking at both.And by the time they catch up to either you should be retiring the character.
BitBasher
QUOTE (Cynic project)
Phyismages are horrid. THey are nto as good as adept or mages.They can do both, bu they wind up either only really doing one or sucking at both.And by the time they catch up to either you should be retiring the character.

And if they were good at both then it would be very unbalancing. It's a bad concept from the get go.
Cochise
QUOTE (Zazen)
This is rather different than the last time we had this lengthy discussion!

My opinion on how these rules can be interpreted hasn't changed. The one you "forced" me to accept would be equally acceptable (yet controversial) as the one I'm still favouring.

What you didn't change however last time are the facts that
a) The FAQ solution is not in line with the wording
b) my personal feelings about the unneeded gimping of magician Adepts

I was rather proud of my accomplishment in changing your mind about this, so it saddens me to see you go back frown.gif

Your pride was then directed towards an illperceived accomplishment. You only provided a possible interpretation that I could accept as valid (and only based on the english wording, the german wording which most of the times has priority for players that I deal with, doesn't open that third interpretation), but you did not change my opinion that the (common) interpretation as presented in the FAQ is not in line with the rules as written => That interpretation is still not a valid one for me.

That leaves me with two possible interpretations. And obviously I do prefer one over the other ...
BitBasher
What IS the german wording in this case?
shadd4d
More or less the following. This is a quote from Cochise on fanpro.com.

Ki-Magier und zwei Kraftpunkte:

Die Initiationsregeln geben drei Optionen vor:
1. Magieattribut steigt und man kann eine Metatechnik lernen
2. Magieattribut steigt und Signatur wird geändert
3. Geasa loswerden (=Magieattribut steigt auf früheren Wert, Einschränkung geht verloren)

Zudem gilt für Adepten (ohne Einschränkung): Magieattribut steigt an => neuer Kraftpunkt. Bei Option 3 entfällt das effektiv, weil man zwar den Magiepunkt und den Kraftpunkt bekommt, aber eigentlich nur das auch "offiziell" wieder zurückbekommt, was man vorher eingeschränkt nutzen konnte.

Hinsichtlich Kraftpunkt wird also die Beziehung Kraftpunkt / Magieattribut hergestellt.

Initiationssonderregel für Ki-Magier:
Bei Initiation müssen sie sich entscheiden. Entweder extra Kraftpunkt oder Metatechnik.

Extra = zusätzlich (auch im Originalwortlaut).
Beziehung: Metatechnik oder Kraftpunkt

Translated:
The Initation rules allow for 3 options:

1) Increase Magic attribute and learn 1 metamagic
2) Increase Magic, change astral signature
3) shed a geas (magic attribute goes to previous value, virtual increase)

For adepts (without limits): Increase magic attribute, +1 power points. In using the 3rd option, as one increases magic and recieves a power point, one can only officially recieve a power that was previously geased.

Physical Magicians have to decide between either a powerpoint or a metatechnique.
That's the gist.

@Cochise: I left out a small bit. But this is more or less the rules from Schattenzauber, right?

Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012