Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: A snowballs chance in hell
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tanka
Psst... Today's Thursday. nyahnyah.gif

Hm. A lot more time than I thought I had. No complaints there.
Shadow
I am sure I have no idea what your talking about. grinbig.gif
Tanka
Of course you don't! I'm the crazy one! silly.gif
HeySparky
Shadow -- What year do we start play? Will help me timeline my character.

EDIT: Also, apologies if I missed it, but what sort of lifestyle do we pay for?

EDIT the second: Regarding the 50 karma - is that 48 karma and 2 for the pool?
Hemlok
I'd like to throw my hat in if it isn't too late. Following suit,
1)Heavy Weapons/Demolition
2)Hermetic Mage
Shadow

Also, apologies if I missed it, but what sort of lifestyle do we pay for?

You didn't miss it.

If you choose to live on base you can get a free Medium Lifestyle. If you choose to live off base you get whatever you pay for. you do not get both.

Regarding the 50 karma - is that 48 karma and 2 for the pool?

The intention is for you to have 50 karma to spend on your character. So if your human you technically get 55 karma, meta's get 52.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Shadow)

Also, apologies if I missed it, but what sort of lifestyle do we pay for?

You didn't miss it.

If you choose to live on base you can get a free Medium Lifestyle. If you choose to live off base you get whatever you pay for. you do not get both.

What kind of Noble would live on the base? *waves hand to disregaurd the idea*
FSBO
I know you put specifics in but how about an intel rep from higher HQ interrogator translator, cryptolinguits/radio recon, Dizzo's, or CCT the kind of people that get attached to your unit. I ask because you stated you wanted that military feel and it seems that you have enough volunteers for the other positions.
Shadow
I am sure I could do a 12 to 14 man platoon easy. But I just am not capable of running a game with that many players and maintining a level of enjoyment for everyone. So I figured 6 or 7 characters with very specific tasks should cut it.

I wish everyone who interested could play but it just wont work out like that.
Ecclesiastes
I like to stop at 6, 7 is ok I guess, but 8 and more starts to get to be too much.
Fortune
Thinkin'...

I'll let y'all know when I'm done.
Shadow
A question was asked that I missed.

ES-Sparky: What is the date?

The year is 2064 I am going to leave the month vague. Suffice to say it is 'summer'

For now I am declaring recruitment at an end, those who have asked to submit are listed below. To everyone else who wanted a shot, maybe next time.

So lets get characters in and see what we can see.

[ Spoiler ]
HeySparky
A question regarding gear, Shadow - you've said if we don't purchase it, we don't have it - will we be able to requisition gear for missions? Say parachutes for drops or scuba gear for amphibious ops?

If not, everyone else, we should probably brainstorm a list of 'must-have' gear that will facilitate covert ops and field work:

Parachutes
Scuba gear (I need scuba enlightenment - what gear would we need exactly?)
Survival kits
Flare launchers (not included in the survival kit for some reason)

We could also brainstorm a standard issue of augmentations (for those getting cybered up)

Sleep Regulator (this seems impossible to pass up for extended operations)
Digestive Expansion or Clean Metabolism (both have their uses)
Datajack
BattleTac Receiver

Or - alternately - Shadow could come up with a standard issue gear/augmentation list that we need to buy.
Shadow
Ok. You have a good point. What I meant was, that if you go on a mission, beyond mission specific stuff, if you don't buy it you don't have it.

parachutes and scuba gear, mini subs and Jet skis will be provided.

Tanka
Sleep Reg is very, very handy.
Digestive Expansion only if you don't have enough ration bars. biggrin.gif
Datajack is always something someone should have. (Reminds me... My longrifler definately doesn't. Heh. Need to change her some anyway.)
BTac is so much better as the cyber version. You get more bonuses that way than with the non-cyber version.
Whizbang
So many things to buy, so little essence... I settled for the non-cyber receiver to save on money and essence drain.
HeySparky
Shadow -- on availability - what about hardened military armor? Avail 18, but seems like it would make sense that it was available to us.

If not - what armor would then be standard issue?
Shadow
As a spec ops guy, you can have whatever armor you want, as long as it is AV 14 or lower.

Hardened armor is for overt operations, not covert.
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadow)
So if your human you technically get 55 karma, meta's get 52.

Y'all do know that this really is a moot point, don't ya? wink.gif

Anyways...I'm done thinking. I bet y'all have been holding your collective breath in anticipation. wink.gif

There's already a lot of people expressing interest, so I'll just enjoy following this as it develops. Have fun, y'all. smile.gif
Silverspur_2020
Although I have made several changes to my charecter already... I keep feeling that I have missed something out!!
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (ES_Sparky)
Shadow -- on availability - what about hardened military armor? Avail 18, but seems like it would make sense that it was available to us.

If not - what armor would then be standard issue?

I went with Medium Grade Security Armor. Avail 14. Has 5 Impact and 6 Balistic.

Also, everyone should have good comm gear. I've got a Personal Comm Unit 8. Our Communications guy will have to have the Master Unit.
Ecclesiastes
One other note. You guys should all speak Sperithiel. Cause like, we're the Tir and all.
Shadow
Tick tock, tick tock.

Thursday is the last day for submissions. Friday I will announce who's in and Sunday the game starts.
Ecclesiastes
Just don't expect any posts from me till Monday.
Johnson
I can only post from Monday to Friday
Johnson
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
One other note. You guys should all speak Sperithiel. Cause like, we're the Tir and all.

Already added be nut not to.
Shadow
QUOTE (Johnson @ Oct 4 2004, 10:44 PM)
I can only post from Monday to Friday

And that is fine. I start games on Sundays so everyone has a little extra time to read and post their opening line(s).

I do expect everyone to post at least once a day during the week.

Here is the updated list of submisisons. It looks like Johnson , Whizbang, and Ecc are a shoe in for their slots.

[ Spoiler ]
paul_HArkonen
Um, I've sent you all of the stuff regarding my character, I'm not sure if something just happened, or what.

Would you like me to resend it?

actually, i'm going to resend it anyway, in case you just missed it or something the character's name was James, and the email address should be the same as my name here.
HeySparky
Sent in my submission. Please let me know if you get it (or don't).
Shadow
I got it Sparky.
HeySparky
Coolio.
paul_HArkonen
Please Ignore the empty space due to my stupidity and lack of reading skills
Ecclesiastes
Check the list again Paul, he has you listed as *submitted*
paul_HArkonen
yeah, actucually, i just noticed that, please forgive my stupidity
Ecclesiastes
NEVER! *blasts you with a Force 12 Manabolt*

(man, I need to get more sleep)
Johnson
The scary part will be if he socks it
Silverspur_2020
I feel like my charecter is more or less sorted out, problem is I want to do a bit of fine tuning but am on my company laptop... so dont have my charecter sheet here.

Also, as a point of interest... I work on a shift pattern, I work four days on and four days off, I do often post while im at work but just to let you know that it may not happen. but on the up side there will always be four days where I have nothing to do but sit on the internet and abuse dumpshock!! biggrin.gif

Shadow, could you let me know if you feel there is anything more that I need to do please?
Shadow
Just a friendly reminder, that tomorow is the last day for submissions.
Tanka
Last minute thought: I do believe as the Tir Special Forces, not only would we know Sperethiel, but also Carromeleg. You know, the funky martial art.
Ecclesiastes
Good point. I took it, but everyone should likely have a bit of it.
paul_HArkonen
It's a little late for those of us who did our character's early though
Shadow
If you don't have it that's fine. You need to speek sperethial though.
paul_HArkonen
now that He can do
Hemlok
The heavy weapons/demolitions character was just sent. Don't think I'll be able to finish off my mage before the deadline though. Just as well probably. Competing against Sphynx for the spot can't go too well, especially if I'm in a hurry.
BishopMcQ
Hemlok--Guess I'm just chopped liver... wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
Yes. Yes you are... *ducks*

(please don't take this out on any characters I have in your games!)

wink.gif
BishopMcQ
Ecc--Would I ever do that?? wink.gif
Tanka
Of course you would! What good Evil GM™ wouldn't? grinbig.gif

Getting 'ware now, drones are done. If they aren't in before I go fall unconscious, they will be a bit after school tomorrow. (I get home about noonish my time, so maybe 1 or 2 at the latest.)

Since the guvmint gives us free middle, I'll be knocking that off of the longrifler and tacking the 30k elsewhere. Dunno where yet, but somewhere. (Maybe an upgrade, who knows.)
Hemlok
I'm sure you've still got a good shot Ecc. My character is hardly anything special. He does what he does well, but fairly limited in scope. Not necessarily spec ops material.
Silverspur_2020
Im going to go through my charecter tomorrow with a fine tooth comb and sort out any bits im not 100% sure of.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012