Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just had the most fun I have had in a long time.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kagetenshi
Surprise me, then.

~J
Edward
Yes surprise us.

I have spent far to long being told “you can do this” “you cant do that” “it is THIS big”

Edward
Black Isis
This is one of those threads where I become embarassed I play roleplaying games of any sort. I think if any character I had opened a door and saw that it was literally crawling with hostile drones, she would close the door and run. And that's assuming I'm using a game system like SilCORE where damaging things like Medusae is not nearly as ludicrously hard. You might get one, you might get two, hell, you might even get three, but eventually, you will lose. It's the same reason in more realistic fantasy games you do not try to sit there and fight 4000 kobolds with your 3 or 4 man party. Death by a thousand paper cuts, at the best.

I never want to play in a game, EVER, where one of the players (or the GM for that matter) is making characters with the claim that they are invulnerable. If you have an invulnerable, unflappable, godlike character....what is the point in playing the game?
Kagetenshi
Meh, when I was about ten I saw a point to playing first-person shooters with invulnerability turned on, so I can see sorta see the appeal. In a way.

~J
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Black Isis @ Nov 19 2004, 07:57 PM)
This is one of those threads where I become embarassed I play roleplaying games of any sort.

Don't let one rotten apple ..... ... ..... .....

besides, I'm curious to see how he explains the emp rotfl.gif
kevyn668
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Meh, when I was about ten I saw a point to playing first-person shooters with invulnerability turned on, so I can see sorta see the appeal. In a way.

~J

Ditto.

So I skipped a bunch of the in between details. Have we move to point where someone thinks its possible to to take on the 4000 drones and survive? The last time I saw something like it was my GM subtly telling us to pick another path...

BTW, I curious as well about this massively powerful yet easily portable EMP. Was there a new book that finally gave EMPs stats?

(should I put a smiley up there?)

Black Isis
Posted on Nov 19 2004, 02:57 PM

This is one of those threads where I become embarassed I play roleplaying games of any sort.

Oh, c'mon. You've never that old story about the two 9th level fighters that could fight off 1000(+) orcs in a 10 foot wide hallway? You can see it in "The Two Towers." biggrin.gif
lorthazar
According to my source, A Broadcast engineer, and EMP device that would effect a 1000 meter by 1000 meeter room would be approximately 30 pounds and you could fit two in the size of your back pack. Now that is with todays technology. Now he did point out that the smallest they could possibly get is 15 lbs and three to a backpack.

As for the troll in the doorway thing I suppose no one got that this was our tongue and cheek game. Where we all have mega badasses. It's a great stress reliever.
Edward
Well I for one never liked invulnerability in games. I used it only when I had had enough of being defeated and wanted to se the cut seen at the end of the game. It was rarely worth the effort.

so nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

Edward
Shanshu Freeman
broadcast engineers know as much about creating "emp devices" as NASA knows about making beds.

http://retail.tempurpedic.com/about.asp

ohplease.gif

jk, lol grinbig.gif
lorthazar
broadcast engineers know as much about creating "emp devices" as NASA knows about making beds.

Well maybe in your fantasy world.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (lorthazar @ Nov 20 2004, 07:31 AM)
According to my source, A Broadcast engineer, and EMP device that would effect a 1000 meter by 1000 meeter room would be approximately 30 pounds and you could fit two in the size of your back pack. Now that is with todays technology. Now he did point out that the smallest they could possibly get is 15 lbs and three to a backpack.

As for the troll in the doorway thing I suppose no one got that this was our tongue and cheek game. Where we all have mega badasses. It's a great stress reliever.
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)

http://retail.tempurpedic.com/about.asp

jk, lol 

Well maybe in your fantasy world.

O.o

o.O

As for the broadcast engineers know as much about creating "emp devices" as NASA knows about making beds thing I suppose that you didn't get that this was a tongue in cheek post. I try to make humorous posts because it's a great stress reliever.

edit: btw: shadowrun *is* a fantasy world.
edit2: Did you even click that link?
edit3: for those that didn't know, jk = just kidding, lol = laughing out loud, and grinbig.gif means "this should surely be taken in jest*"

(*not to be confused with "this should surely be taken and ingested." whole different meaning. can really piss off a johnson.)

We're all friends here. <3
Fortune
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
We're all friends here.

Speak for yourself! nyahnyah.gif

<3

... and keep that thing away from me!!! eek.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Nov 20 2004, 07:59 PM)
We're all friends here.

Speak for yourself! nyahnyah.gif

<3

... and keep that thing away from me!!! eek.gif

Sounds like somebody needs a hug!

lick.gif
Lindt
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Oh, c'mon. You've never that old story about the two 9th level fighters that could fight off 1000(+) orcs in a 10 foot wide hallway? You can see it in "The Two Towers." biggrin.gif

Dude, there is no way that party is 9th level.... no way in hell.

Im gonna go back in my hole of shame now.....
Wounded Ronin
2000 drones is too much numbers to cruch. You *can't* roll 2000 inits or 2000 attacks. 2000 drones mean the universe will crash if the players do anything but leave.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
2000 drones is too much numbers to cruch. You *can't* roll 2000 inits or 2000 attacks. 2000 drones mean the universe will crash if the players do anything but leave.

but:

QUOTE (lorthazar)
we all have mega badasses. It's a great stress reliever.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Lindt)
Dude, there is no way that party is 9th level.... no way in hell.

You're right. Considering the amount of mojo Gandalf was tossing around, they were closer to 5th-level tops. (What a pansy ass wizard he was...)
Lindt
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
QUOTE (Lindt @ Nov 20 2004, 01:12 PM)
Dude, there is no way that party is 9th level....  no way in hell.

You're right. Considering the amount of mojo Gandalf was tossing around, they were closer to 5th-level tops. (What a pansy ass wizard he was...)

Nah, he was a plot NPC, they dont count.
Ol' Scratch
They had trouble fighting a friggin' ogre, and even a really big elephant was a challenge for all of 'em 'cept for the munchkin playing Legolas... and that's only 'cause he did a little min/maxing.
kevyn668
Legolas!? Min/maxing!? I bite my tongue at you, sir! biggrin.gif

I always thought Aaragorn was more suspect. smile.gif (High levels of skills in combat AND social skill AND medical knowledge? Riiiight. wink.gif)

And it was a Cave troll, afterall. Not to mention all those goblins running about...wink.gif

edit: Pesky goblins.
toturi
Maybe the DM decided to give them mucha exp for surviving till the end of Fellowship.
lorthazar
Or maybe people forget how OLD these characters sopposedly were.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012