Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: maps or prints
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Adam
They should print out decently when just sent to a B&W printer, and even better if you have 30 seconds and the know-how to convert them to nice B&W files before sending them to print.

I'd suggest some manual cropping of them anyway ... the couple that I downloaded wouldn't print easily on a letter sized piece of paper, but again, 30 seconds with a decent image editing program and you can manipulate them to fit on a letter paper.

Certainly a cool resource for SR fans.
Maimer
The one that I have been using is Campaign Cartographer 2 and Dungeon Designer (Add on) The company that puts this out also has a city designer add on.

With CC2 you can design everything from a complete world down to individual cities. Although D&D in aspect, the dungeon designer would work great for designing different levels for a office building. As all you are going to need to do is draw the basic layout of each room and what's in them.

Both are fairly user friendly, but can get complicated quickly if you dig real deep into other parts of the program.

Just my 2 nuyen.gif worth.
nezumi
Alright, this is more of a question for smart GMs than an actual call for maps.

Several of my newbie players have asked for an arena game (actually, capture the flag). Me, being the big pushover I am, agreed. However, there's a serious potential for headache here. I'm trying to find a map that's appropriate, but I'm having difficulties.

Specifically the map must:
-Have space for 6 people (2 teams) to find defensive positions, without providing any positions so strong that they're unbreakable.

-Discourage sniping (probably by providing too much good cover)

-Contribute to the overall gritty feel of Shadowrun

-Be fun (so the more unusual, the better, in many cases).

-Not give the GM (me) headaches

Originally, I was thinking of just having a small block or two cordoned off, like in urban brawl, but I'm having difficulties finding any, and I don't look forward to drawing my own (I do have visio, but I'm not very good with it).

However, looking over this, I found a few neat ones and got some good idea, but I'd really like comments. Specifically, the idea of being in a large manor house, like the one on Bitrunner's excellent site, and the idea of being in a mid-sized to large gunship both sound very cool. I'm just worried I'll make it too easy to bunker down and defend.

In addition to the location, I'm planning on putting out some booby traps. Given how it's usually easier to camp out than move, I'm probably going to put spirits (to stop astral scouting), alarms, random non-violent NPCs, and plenty of goodies (thermite, bigger guns, APDS and the like). Of course, given surprise rules, setting an ambush is only good when you have the reaction for it, so maybe I'm worrying to much, but...

Any suggestions?
Apathy
In RA:S, they refer to a maze that Deus has created out of several levels somewhere in the middle of the Arc. He likes to drop captured runners in there, and observe how they react. It's got wacky, disorienting architecture, lots of hidden traps, harrassing drones, and a nasty, metal, multi-tenticled thing in the center of the maze. Kagetenshi did an excellent fanfic piece that included this (Wee Bit O Fiction) if you're interested. I think it would provide an excellent backdrop.
Aku
a few, relatively simplistic-getting tougher ideas (i hope)

Easiest- an office floor! lots of cubicle space to reduce and practically eliminate sniping, CQC would be a big thing here.

a small, closed off 2 floor mall-All of the stores are shut down except 2 (the "bases"), so you can't hide in them, but there's still a chance of being sniped from someone above you if you aren't paying attention.

Junkyard/car impound--Still lots of cover (broken down vehicles) but the chance to get decent sniping spots as well, climing up the cranes and that sort of things used to move the stuff.
Chibu
I have a few wierd things in a file i posted in a random thread about a week ago with a bunch of maps that i've obtained over the years. http://chibu.net/~chibu/maps.rar should link you to it. In the file are some things like a Cruise Liner, A couple of Libraries, and alot of things by BlackJack. There are also some low quality blueprints for some rather large houses.
srgsng25
what i would like and i will have to do it my self with microsoft viseo is draw my own floor plans and send them to my friend at boeing he is in the cad department and he can print them ont he 36" color plotter that what i want mybe some day fanpro will realease a map pack and building pack kind of like the old d&d maps and or the battle tech maps that would be cool
wagnern
Arenia, no sniping, capture the flag. Get your hands on to a hint guide to Halo, Unreal exc, and photocopy and enlarge one of the multiplayer maps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012