Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Customized Guns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Critias
QUOTE (Raygun)
None that are automatic that I'm aware of.

The Neostead shotgun has a dual-feed of two six-round tubular magazines, but it's a pump action. There's also a bolt-action, double-barrel repeating rifle that has a dual-feed box magazine, made by Szecsei & Fuchs in Austria (at $35-75k a pop). That's all that come to mind at the moment.

Edit: Oops. Aus beat me to it.

I remember asking about this sort of thing a good long while ago (two years'ish) and someone pointed me to a machinegun, of all things. It apparently had belts on both sides and both fed into the top of the weapon.

Of course, Darwin ate the page I had a link to it on, and I don't remember a damned thing about the name of it, or anything else particularly usefull. I just recall going "wow, a machinegun that thinks it needs to be belt fed twice as much," and filed the tidbit away as potentially usefull when describing a dual-clip weapon for SR.
Raygun
QUOTE (Weredigo)
Ah, my bad then.  Although with skills in Machining custom parts and B/R firearms it could still be done.  but yeah Lever action is the technical term.  Stock action is the "po man's" term.

I think it's more like the "Weredigo's" term. wink.gif

QUOTE (Critias)
I remember asking about this sort of thing a good long while ago (two years'ish) and someone pointed me to a machinegun, of all things. It apparently had belts on both sides and both fed into the top of the weapon.

Of course, Darwin ate the page I had a link to it on, and I don't remember a damned thing about the name of it, or anything else particularly usefull. I just recall going "wow, a machinegun that thinks it needs to be belt fed twice as much," and filed the tidbit away as potentially usefull when describing a dual-clip weapon for SR.

Might have been the FN Minimi (US M249). It can feed from a belt or a box magazine, but you can't really select between the two on the fly. It's one or the other. Probably not, since you mention two top-fed belts.

Or it could be the M242 "Bushmaster" chain gun on the M2 Bradley IFV (or the Navy's ship-based Mk38; same gun). It has a selectable feed between HEI and APDS types of ammunition. It is automatic, but it's not man-portable.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.
Critias
Found it.

Apparently, at the time (and even today, I guess) the over-the-top killiness of the thing was more impressive to everyone than it's dual-belt feed. I mean, I know I'm scared of someone just freakin' throwing one of those bullets at me, much less actually firing it.

But I remembered the image of the dual-belt, and made a mental note to never see what one looked like from a slightly different angle, should it come up. There's something intimidating about a machinegun that thinks one belt of ammo just isn't enough to kill you dead that made it stick into my memory.
Raygun
Oh fuck yes. Forgot about that one. Even skipped right over it in the book I was looking through. Never went anywhere beyond prototype, AFAIK.
Critias
eek.gif Holy crap!

I remembered a gun Raygun forgot!

Someone write this down!
kevyn668
Noted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012