Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hunting Vamps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
toturi
You could chop off the head, grind it into mince brain, pound the spine into mush and throw it into the incinerator, the vampire can still regenerate 2/3 of the time.

But the good thing about nukes and shapeshifters are that nukes produce high background counts and shapshifters are dual natured.
tisoz
QUOTE (Tarantula)
But the question is, does the body grow a head, or does the head grow a body?

Both, you get 2 vamps. wink.gif
BitBasher
QUOTE (Tarantula)
But the question is, does the body grow a head, or does the head grow a body?

The way I play it for sanity sake is that when separated the separated body part turns to mist form and then the missing part regenerates, you don't end up with two pieces. It adds flavor and solves many problems. smile.gif
Zraith
Well you guys were asking about how scarry a vamp could get, well here's an example of a semi scary one. There are MUCH nastier out there. Body 20, quickness 20, strenght 20, charisma 8, will 6 intelegence 6, reaction 19, initiative 5d6, 5th grade initiate with 17 impact 17 ballistic armor and a level 4 bonded weapon focus katana with aptitude edjed weapons. Happy hunting. (I know fistandantilus3.0 is going to end up killing me for this ) frown.gif
Mortax
Sounds alot like one of my old PCs. smile.gif
hyzmarca
QUOTE (BitBasher)
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 15 2005, 08:08 PM)
On killing, Head Shots are the way for mundanes.  Smartlink 2 and Full Automatic with extreme recoil comensation (4 cyberarm gyro mount, 4 gas vent, 1 customized grip = -9).  Use the 9 bullets to lower the TN by 3 so that Called Shots will be done at a net -1 TN.

The rules you refer to are Searching Fire if I recall, and it takes a Free Action. So does calling a shot. You only have one Free Action during your phase therefore cannot do this. Can I get a page number for reference? I may be wrong about this.

Actually, you get a free action during everyone's combat phases.

It shouldn't be difficult to call a shot during Mr +Essense +(essence/3)d6's combat phase and take the shot in your next phase.
Kagetenshi
Vampires threads are even meaner, being able to regenerate after over a quarter-year of apparent death.

~J
Angelone
Some vampires are affected by garlic, religious symbols, etc. So all you gotta do is send in some Mormons or those Judas Priests (what the heck are they called?). If the suspect is one of those vampires he'll freak out and eat them, you are across the street with a video camera (or better yet one of your drones is) recording the whole thing. Then send the video to the inquisition and pat yourself on the back you just killed a vampire without too much effort and at no risk to yourself.
fistandantilus4.0
Since this thread was started to help my vampire hunting character, I'll just throw two quick things in here. First of all , that character (Richter) is alive and well, and been doing pretty good at taking them down, although he was almost killed by a nosferatu in the last run. Took out a lot of vamps with FAB III , and the assault cannon helped, but he's mainly using a BF shotgun (the ensfield I think) with Big D shells (yes he has spares). The best though was when a vamp went to bite his neck, and he grabbed it's head, and fired off his cyber shotgun into it's skull.

As for Zraith...... ork.gif

I've got your number chummer. Just a matter of time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012