Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magnification 3 + other mods
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
BitBasher
QUOTE (mfb)
bitbasher, it happens towards the end of season 1. if you haven't seen it, i don't want to ruin it for you.

Bah, Piracy nyahnyah.gif I prefer financially supporting the anime I like. It's what lets them make more, and the financial condifition of many anime companies is very poor right now because of people already having the fansubs then don;t buy the imported DVD's. I was just reading about layoffs due to that. nyahnyah.gif
SirKalamon
I'm curious...in the CC the rangfinder system provides a -1 modifier at long range and a -2 modifier at extreme range, would that mean the modifer is in addition to the standard smartlink modifier?If so then with a smartlink and rangefinder system the target number for targets at medium and lonrange would be only a +1 difference than short range and a +3 for extreme range.Hah screw Magnification systems for medium and long ranges...well except extreme heh.
mfb
we prefer to be called "buccaneer-americans".
Fortune
QUOTE (SirKalamon)
I'm curious...in the CC the rangfinder system provides a -1 modifier at long range and a -2 modifier at extreme range, would that mean the modifer is in addition to the standard smartlink modifier?If so then with a smartlink and rangefinder system the target number for targets at medium and lonrange would be only a +1 difference than short range and a +3 for extreme range.Hah screw Magnification systems for medium and long ranges...well except extreme heh.

As was said previously in this thread ...

Smartlink with Rangefinder gives you TNs of (Short/Medium/Long/Extreme) ...

2/3/3/5

Vision Magnification 3 gives TNs of ...

4/4/4/4

Vision Magnification with a Laser Sight give Tns of ...

3/3/3/3

Pick and choose for best effect. smile.gif
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (BitBasher @ Mar 2 2005, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (mfb @ Mar 2 2005, 11:22 AM)
bitbasher, it happens towards the end of season 1. if you haven't seen it, i don't want to ruin it for you.

Bah, Piracy nyahnyah.gif I prefer financially supporting the anime I like. It's what lets them make more, and the financial condifition of many anime companies is very poor right now because of people already having the fansubs then don;t buy the imported DVD's. I was just reading about layoffs due to that. nyahnyah.gif

*cough*
Actually, I live in Japan, so I just go to the video store and rent it. I've already watched most of 2nd Gig too. Good stuff. The scene I was talking about is in episode 25 of the first season.
BitBasher
Ahhhh. Bastard. wink.gif

Only up to episode 16 is out here... frown.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (ShadowGhost @ Mar 1 2005, 11:50 PM)
Since the Gyrojet Pistol uses the Gyrojet Pistol Skill (linked to Quickness), and it is not a Launcher, and it states that Plus Rounds use APDS Rules, "except that they are also anti-vehicluar", I would say this weapon *only* uses rocket rules when using seeker heads. Also, it has completely different ranges than any Rocket on the Rocket Range Table, which doesn't list the Gyrojet. (Shotgun Range on Land, Pistol Range underwater.)

On page 40, on the table at the bottom, under Damage;
For Standard rounds, Damage is "As Weapon"
For Plus rounds, see Rules ("Plus Rounds use APDS Rules, except that they are also anti-vehicluar")
For Seeker Heads, "As Rocket"

So the rules on page 120 would only apply to seeker heads. For the Standard, and Plus rounds that are NOT seeker heads, I wouldn't use Rocket rules - just standard ranged combat rules for regular ammo, and APDS/AV ammo.

Another one of those fun weapons with rules all over the place.

But the cool part - this weapon can shoot around corners with a target designator using Seeker Heads biggrin.gif

It uses its own skill, not the pistol skill or the launch weapon skill. Sounds like the authors wanted to help restrict their (uber munchy goodness )use.

The weapon fires rockets. Rockets have scatter, shotguns have scatter spread, grenades have scatter. Scatter represents not only something bouncing around after it hits, but variance from the intended target. Rockets (which the gyrojet fires little ones) have scatter as seen by variance from the intended target.

How does adding a seeker head suddenly change the rules for how the weapon works? They don't suddenly take on ballistic properties because they are fired with a quickness linked skill. If anything Seeker heads should make them more accurate, but in your interpretation of the rules they are suddenly subject to scatter. Except for indirect fire, it would be far more accurate to not have a seeker head.

The gyrojet rules are in addition to the rocket rules. For example, when they detonate. Oh, and that they can mount silencers. sarcastic.gif
Sandoval Smith
Well, good for them. They can silence the intial gas expasion upon ignition, but afterwards you still have a fully active rocket whooshing through the air as it continues to propel itself towards the target. That part is... not so silent.
Necro Tech
Shotguns don't scatter.

Seeker heads scatter because it says so.

Every rocket has its scatter listed in the ammo type. They are also grouped together in the section on rockets and missiles.

Gyrojet is a special weapon. It doesn't have scatter listed so you would have to make something up. Its is unique. Scary and sick but still a direct fire weapon.
BitBasher
And it paints a bullseye on your testacles for the detectives to follow cause NOONE uses them. They would be stupid rare.
Tarantula
No, they're the preferred weapon of the british special boat squadron. They're also specifically designed for underwater combat, I can see many divers, fisherman, submariners, and anyone else who deals with the ocean a lot using one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012