Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst thread EVER!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Smiley
Just got the idea from another thread (surprise, surprise). What's the worst thread topic you've ever seen here?

(I'm taking bets on how many people will pop up with, "THIS one!")
RangerJoe
Oh? What? Sorry, I was distracted. Staring at my navel.

*Goes back to navel-gazing*
Enkeli
I`ll buy vocal A.
hermit
Muffins!!
Smed
QUOTE (Smiley)

(I'm taking bets on how many people will pop up with, "THIS one!")

Damn.

I was all set to say this one, but now you've ruined it for me.

mintcar
There was a thread about which actor played some certain role in Spiderman 2, or something similar. And it was posted twice in the same day! That was pretty bad.
GrinderTheTroll
The one titled, "Top-10".
hermit
On another froums, there were some 20 "what's your favourite (insert item here)" threads on a single day. That was really bad.
Smiley
I must say it again: Depleted Uranium Bone Lacing!
The Grifter
The Predator Omega.
Fortune
There are bad threads??? eek.gif
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Fortune)
There are bad threads??? eek.gif

Heh, there are downright EVIL threads, at times. biggrin.gif
The Grifter
LOL, need a napkin to wipe that sarcasm off, chummer?
DocMortand
QUOTE (Smiley)

When did THAT one happen? eek.gif

Now I want to see it for the same reason people slow down when they pass an accident...
Kanada Ten
What stats would you give depleted uranium lacing, Less strength but about 5 times denser
rotfl.gif

[ Spoiler ]
Capt. Dave
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Mar 10 2005, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (Smiley @ Mar 10 2005, 06:42 PM)

When did THAT one happen? eek.gif

Now I want to see it for the same reason people slow down when they pass an accident...
hahnsoo
I think that Thread wins. Next topic...
Kagetenshi
I'm still sticking with the piracy thread.

It was even titled something stupid like "What would Xena do?"

~J
John Campbell
You're not even seeing it at its... uh, best unless you were watching it as it went up. cutter07 had a habit of making posts that were packed full of third-grade insults ("shortbus" was a particular favorite), and then editing most of the worst out within five minutes or so.
Smiley
QUOTE (hahnsoo)

If you don't like this topic, don't read it or post on it. Simple.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Smiley)
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 10 2005, 09:14 PM)

If you don't like this topic, don't read it or post on it. Simple.

*blinks* Huh? I wasn't meaning that in a dismissive or condescending way. My meaning was "Oh dear god" *jaw drops* "Winner and still champion." *walks away dumbfounded*

I apologize if that wasn't made clear.
Smiley
Oh... uhhh... My bad.
Arethusa
See Smiley? Now you will never win Most Respected Community member. Why,y ou'll never even hit the top 10. I am afraid your career is over.
DocMortand
Wow - I've made it thru 8 pages of the DU thread and it's definately made it to top worst for me. What blows my mind is not cutter's posts but the fact you guys actually humored him for so long...wow.
Crimson Jack
I don't know if this was the worst thread ever, but I found it fairly funny/confusing/stupid.
DocMortand
Wait, there was another post by Master Shake that got even more furor if I remember correctly...
hahnsoo
Now I see why new accounts start out as "Target" on these forums. Some of these folks NEED to be shot down quickly, accurately, and repeatedly.
Smiley
QUOTE (Arethusa)
See Smiley? Now you will never win Most Respected Community member. Why,y ou'll never even hit the top 10. I am afraid your career is over.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Kagetenshi
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new challenger!

~J
JaronK
Man, I forgot that DU lacing thread. That was some serious stupidity on part of one person, but everyone else was pretty intelligent, so that ought to count for something, right?

JaronK
Dissonance
Weredigo's Grimtooth trap topic.
Sandoval Smith
That was bad, but not as ceaselessly belligerent as Cutter was. frown.gif I had managed to forget all about that thread too. I recall that was what prompted me to begin researching an effective way to send bitch slaps over e-mail (no success yet, but wait for it).
Arethusa
Psht. I've been working on my internet face stabbing device for years without luck. You think you can upstage me? I'll stab you (eventually).
Dissonance
Heh. Honestly, though, as bad as any topic on DS can get, they won't get as bad as the posts on Gamefaqs. And even then, nobody will ever approach the sheer offal that is Yahoo Newsboards.

800,000 posts in which liberals and conservatives bitch at each other plus soup-of-the-day racism? Viewing one post at a time? No thanks, plz.
toturi
I've been trying to develop a Black Hammer utility with psychotropic effects for since the Windows 3.1.
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Arethusa @ Mar 11 2005, 02:15 AM)
Psht.  I've been working on my internet face stabbing device for years without luck.  You think you can upstage me?  I'll stab you (eventually).

Hey, no need for the competition. I'm working on a lower level response. We could even try and work it out as a package deal. If that e-bitch slap doesn't have the intended effect, then you employ the stabbing of the face.

I've been trying to develop a Black Hammer utility with psychotropic effects for since the Windows 3.1.

You don't really have to go that far, since effective datajacks haven't been invented yet. Just jack them in by gently inserting a three prong plug to their cerebral cortex via the eye socket, and the effects are just as good.
hahnsoo
And thus, lethal and non-lethal Black IC was born, along with their cousins Killjoy and Black Hammer.
Smiley
I'd be interested in obtaining your bitch slap and face stabbing programs. Also, is anyone working on an internet boot-in-the-gonads, or should I?
JaronK
I'd be fine with an over the internet blow up their moniter and leave shrapnel in their face virus. Just for emergencies, you understand

JaronK
hahnsoo
Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Critias
I'd never read the DU Bone Lacing thread 'till now. It gets my vote, even though most Weredigo stuff edges in at a close second place. The Grimtooth thread still gets me riled up.
Weredigo
oh well, could be worse... yeah, I'll vote most of my own topics as the worst... except for "Rules of Combat and Survival" I'm surprised that one hasn't gotten any gripes...
Fortune
I'm saddened by the fact that both the Reagan and Du threads occured during my brief hiatus, and I couldn't actively follow them as they happened. frown.gif
torzzzzz
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Wow - I've made it thru 8 pages of the DU thread and it's definately made it to top worst for me. What blows my mind is not cutter's posts but the fact you guys actually humored him for so long...wow.

So did you! * ducks to avoid the book thrown across the room!*

hehehehehe

torz x wink.gif
Weredigo
Just Wondering, wouldn't DU bonelacing eventually kill the recipient due to Radiation poisoning???
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Weredigo)
Just Wondering, wouldn't DU bonelacing eventually kill the recipient due to Radiation poisoning???

I think you are about to start a massive chain reaction that will involve much beating and thrashing!

I will watch with notebook and interest!

torz x grinbig.gif biggrin.gif
Critias
QUOTE (Weredigo)

Just Wondering, wouldn't it make Sense to click on one of the Links and Read the thread To Find out???
Weredigo
at the moment, too tired and lazy, besides, just looking for a yes no answer...
Austere Emancipator
And, as always, the reality of the situation doesn't exactly allow for a "yes no answer".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012