Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FAQ#4, What haven't they changed.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
RunnerPaul
You're a game designer putting out a FAQ on the new edition, and you decide that there's a need to address what hasn't changed. You have about 1 paragraph of space that you feel is appropriate, so you can only highlight a few of the most important things that haven't changed. This is the list you settle on:
  1. There are 5 basic metatypes to choose from for character race.
  2. Contacts are still important.
  3. There will be sample characters.
  4. Experience awards are still called Karma.
  5. The game is still about quasi-legal activities.
That's the best they could come up with? Those are the things that they thought it was most important to tell us that they weren't changing? Here's my reaction:
  1. I notice they don't say which five (Like they'd drop Dwarves as a playable race to give us Sprites/Windlings, but hey, reading too much into these things is a tradition at this point). They also don't say that variant metatypes aren't also included in the main rules, so this little talking point is vague at best.
  2. Very few games of this genre of RPG have the character working in an absolute vacuum, with no support whatsoever from people they know. This one deserves a big fat "DUH".
  3. Inclusion or omission of Sample Characters is an editorial/book layout issue, not a game design issue. I doubt that telling us that they're still in would sway anyone's opinion of the system one way or another. Now if they'd said "We'll have sample characters, but we're no longer going to have them on separate glossy color plates..." either a. "because the whole book will be in color" or b. "due to feedback from everyone telling us that's where their book binding fails first", then that would have been useful info.
  4. Yay. Karma still means experience (even if it might not equate to Luck anymore), and you haven't given the Orwellian NewSpeak treatment to that familiar term like you did with what "Dice Pool" means. I'm thrilled.
  5. This is good to know, but it's such a big fat fraggin DUH, it's not even funny. Were they actually worried that someone out there thought that this'd turn into a D20 Urban Arcana clone, with an entirely different focus then previous editions had?
I know everyone says this about at least one of the FAQ answers each batch that gets put out, but this answer really worries me.
mfb
actually, i'm pretty satisfied with that. they've given us some pretty important information, in that blurb: namely, everything except the setting itself is changed or subject to change.
Kagetenshi
Indeed. If Rob wrote that himself, he's a shite marketer. The fact that "we've got the same number of sample characters" made the list… like I said in the other thread, I'm half-surprised he didn't say "we still number the pages".

The fact that FanPro appears to be wholly incapable of marketing effectively isn't good, but when combined with the fact that a big part of the reason for this update is marketing, well…

~J
SirBedevere
I'm glad I'm not the only one. The more I hear the less I like. frown.gif
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (mfb)
actually, i'm pretty satisfied with that. they've given us some pretty important information, in that blurb: namely, everything except the setting itself is changed or subject to change.

And did so in a very round about way. I would have been satisfied if they'd just said "The setting." and left it at that. Answers that look like a lot at first glance, but the only real truth that you can glean from them is what you read between the lines is what I'd expect from elves and dragons, not from game designers.
hermit
I'm pretty disappointed as to how this is gonna turn out. Not only will it likely mean I can shelve my long-term chaarcters due to impossibility (or at least, a heap of problems in) importing them into SR4, it also means the rules change in a way so drastic that the setting is affected too.

- Deckers and Riggers have been rolled into one. Will there still be vehicle rigs? No information available. Will Deckers even still need only a 0.2 essence implant to be useful? In all likelyhood not.
- Attributes are weighed very differently. Also, there're more attributes now.
- skills will have a limit of 6, meaning that anyone who invested a heap of Karma into a level 8 skill is fucked.
- the fact that weapons lose their power level attribute means the (vast) selection of different weapons in SR is narrowed very significantly, to generic heavy pistol, light pistol, shotgun type weapons with no individual character. There goes a very important element in SR's game universe, namely picking the right weapon for a character. I'm afraid this may affect vehicles and other misc. equipment as well.
- Magic is bought like an attribute, and likley raised like an attribute. There go initite circles, initiates, metamagic and all the other elements that made the SR magic system interesting.

I don't know whether they'l at least keep the mental/physical damage chart and the general idea of the damage resisting system (yes, it does slow the game down, but it also helps lower body characters have a chance at surviving a hit; with fixed resist levels, that won't be the case, and if you only have resist 3 and the shotgun scored four hits, you're fucked). I also truely hope they keep the resisted drain system in paying cost for spells, and don't use some sort of MP system, but I haven't got much hope any more.

All that doesn't change are the very basics of the setting. Well gee. Thanks.

I'm afraid SR4 will relate to the game formerly knwon as Shadowrun like Cybergeneration relates to CP2020.

I don't know what else is in store
Kagetenshi
Nitpick: it's attributes that are capped at six, not skills. You can compensate for +6 attributes by adding a few points to all linked skills.

~J
hermit
Weren't skills to be treated the same? If not, I'm a bit happier now that I can keep my vehicle-hacker-thingamajick's cars 8 skill.
mfb
QUOTE (hermit)
All that doesn't change are the very basics of the setting.

that's hardly what's been said. as goodman has stated in another thread, the setting will experience a 0% change, which is slightly more than "the very basics of the setting".

QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
Answers that look like a lot at first glance, but the only real truth that you can glean from them is what you read between the lines is what I'd expect from elves and dragons, not from game designers.

i don't see how that's the case at all. they answered the question that was asked, and they did so clearly and concisely. as an added bonus, you can reasonably derive from that answer what is subject to change. how is that misleading or sneaky?
Grimtooth
/sarcasm on

WOW this is great!!!!

Can I roll 3d6 for all of these new and original attributes?????

What alignment do i have to use to be a street sam???

/sarcasm off

Demonseed Elite
There's a lot more that remains in SR4 from previous incarnations. I obviously can't say what, exactly, until Rob says something about it, but reading through the rules is not unfamiliar territory at all, at least for me.

I think the root of the problem here is that Rob is writing these blurbs very quickly (probably because he's extremely busy), whereas the rest of us here spend endless amounts of time picking them apart, going over each word or phrase with a fine-toothed comb.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (hermit)
- the fact that weapons lose their power level attribute means the (vast) selection of different weapons in SR is narrowed very significantly, to generic heavy pistol, light pistol, shotgun type weapons with no individual character. There goes a very important element in SR's game universe, namely picking the right weapon for a character. I'm afraid this may affect vehicles and other misc. equipment as well.

hmm, i must have missed this "bombshell". when did it get anounced?
yes i know that a fixed target number removes the present function of power but that does not mean that it needs to be removed. high power can still modify a damage resistance test...
Lucyfersam
Hermit:

The number of assumptions your making in that post is a bit crazy. There has been absolutely no information I've seen released about weapons, so there is no information to base assumptions on what the system for damage will be or that the weapon selection will be so dramatically reduced. Just because magic is an attribute doesn't mean it won't be raised through initiation. We know nothing about the magic system yet, so let's not jump to conclusions. There just isn't enough information out to start drawing conclusions like this.

So far I haven't seen anything in the changes to the system that necessitates changes to the setting and style of the game. They could lead to it yes, if implemented poorly. However, based on the one playtester who is posting here regularly, the feel of the game is preserved with the new system. Given that he's been a long time SR player, I'm going to trust him on this. I know jumping to conclusions and trying to draw more out of the information given are practically olympic sports around here (hey, I do it to sometimes), but this is getting a little extreme.
blakkie
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Nitpick: it's attributes that are capped at six, not skills. You can compensate for +6 attributes by adding a few points to all linked skills.

~J

I don't think it even says that:

Q. What are the average ratings for skills and attributes?
A. Skills and attributes range from 1 to 6, with 3 being average. So an average skill, average attribute dice pool is 6 dice. Purchasing above-average attributes and skills is limited at character creation and generally expensive. 6 is the maximum natural rating for attributes (before racial modifiers are applied).

It doesn't actually talk about skills going above 6. It's possible that the author just assumed it as common knowledged that this is SR and that in SR skills go higher than 6. Bad assumption given how much else they are changing.

It mentions "maximum natural rating for attributes", but we know how flexible those maximums were in SR3 once you started plugging in 'ware, which I guess you could call unnatural maximums. wink.gif
Westiex
Nitpick: it's attributes that are capped at six, not skills. You can compensate for +6 attributes by adding a few points to all linked skills

Which basically means when you get enough karma, the body for a human is the same for that or a troll or ork before bio/cyberwear ...
hobgoblin
heh, that A sounds just like some of the ones you will find in the SR3 FAQs, basicly it manages to generate new questions nyahnyah.gif

i dont see why they should limit the skills to 6...
StranD
Wow, I'm getting seriously depressed. I'm still holding my breath but it's not looking good. I suspect I won't be buying the books until I hear some feedback about gameplay. I've invested too much money in SR1 through SR3 to make them all obsolete by a sub-par system that loses the detail that SR3 had provided.

I was really hoping that SR4 would fix the problem areas (a little bit of decking, all of rigging, etc) but now it looks like they changed the good bits too. It's like going back to SR1 and having to endure another 3 versions before things are almost at a sweet spot.
Fortune
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Apr 13 2005, 06:00 AM)
i dont see why they should limit the skills to 6...

Outside of these forums, there has been no mention of an upper limit to Skills.

As for Attributes, the blurb does not say '6 is the maximum natural rating for attributes (before racial modifiers are applied) at chargen'. It states that 6 is the natural Attribute maximum (plus any appropriate racial modifiers). The natural Attribute maximum for humans in SR3 is 9 (11 with the Exceptional Attribute Edge).
Austere Emancipator
blakkie: In an earlier thread I picked up on the same thing about Racial Modified Limits and Racial Maximums and how far they can be stretched and even breached in SR3. However, based on Synner's messages in that thread, it seems that the 6 +/- racial mods is a far stricter limit in SR4 than RML/RMax is in SR3. (And what Fortune said.)
TeOdio
QUOTE (hermit)

- Attributes are weighed very differently. Also, there're more attributes now.
- skills will have a limit of 6, meaning that anyone who invested a heap of Karma into a level 8 skill is fucked.
- Magic is bought like an attribute, and likley raised like an attribute. There go initite circles, initiates, metamagic and all the other elements that made the SR magic system interesting.

I don't know whether they'l at least keep the mental/physical damage chart and the general idea of the damage resisting system (yes, it does slow the game down, but it also helps lower body characters have a chance at surviving a hit; with fixed resist levels, that won't be the case, and if you only have resist 3 and the shotgun scored four hits, you're fucked). I also truely hope they keep the resisted drain system in paying cost for spells, and don't use some sort of MP system, but I haven't got much hope any more.

Here is a simple idea. If you like the new rules, use em, if you like the old ones... use them instead. Most of Shadowrun source books are VERY background intensive with a small plop of rules specific stuff. If they give an adequate conversion (I don't see this as being possible, but hey, you can always house rule it) for rules you can continue using source material for 3rd ed games for years to come. I just hope the new Core book isn't the flimsy piece of shite my 3rd Ed book was. Use stronger GLUE you bastards.
nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
blakkie: In an earlier thread I picked up on the same thing about Racial Modified Limits and Racial Maximums and how far they can be stretched and even breached in SR3. However, based on Synner's messages in that thread, it seems that the 6 +/- racial mods is a far stricter limit in SR4 than RML/RMax is in SR3. (And what Fortune said.)

You could make that assumption but its still twisting my words. I simply stated that the new system looks like it will put an end to characters with multiple attribute scores at their Racial Maximum. Now go back and read my posts taking into account the latest information about Attributes in SR4.
Fortune
QUOTE (TeOdio)
Here is a simple idea. If you like the new rules, use em, if you like the old ones... use them instead.

'If you don't like it, don't use it' posts are deemed by many to be not very constructive, and not very welcome. We all know that this is a viable option.
Fortune
QUOTE (Synner)
You could make that assumption but its still twisting my words. I simply stated that the new system looks like it will put an end to characters with multiple attribute scores at their Racial Maximum. Now go back and read my posts taking into account the latest information about Attributes in SR4.

Does that also apply to my post?
Synner
The correct quote from the fact is (emphasis mine):
6 is the maximum natural rating for attributes (before racial modifiers are applied).

Note the racial modifiers comment indicates this relates specifically to character creation.

And with that back to "comms silence".
Kagetenshi
Synner: note that you're confusing RMLs and racial maxes. If we assume those three to be at their racial maxes, that's 9s across the board, and I don't think it'd be out of line to call them Exceptional, for a max of 11. Most Runners don't come close.

~J
Fortune
I know what the quote is, and have quoted it several times on this forum. In fact, I quoted it above, but added 'at chargen' to the end to signify that the quote did not specify that this limit was only applicable at chargen.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Synner: note that you're confusing RMLs and racial maxes. If we assume those three to be at their racial maxes, that's 9s across the board, and I don't think it'd be out of line to call them Exceptional, for a max of 11. Most Runners don't come close.

~J

the question is, are they going to port those rules over to SR4 or are the 6 (pluss racial mods) going to be the best of the best, end of story?
mfb
for pete's sake, people. Synner has the rules. he's giving you hints. 2+2=...
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
the question is, are they going to port those rules over to SR4 or are the 6 (pluss racial mods) going to be the best of the best, end of story?

Not really. I was correcting his comment addressing SR3. Well, it is a question, but it's not one I was raising.
QUOTE (mfb)

2+2… 2+2…

Pfhor! SR4 is going to incorporate the Marathon universe!

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (mfb)

And exactly what answer are you extrapolating from his hints?
Synner
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Apr 12 2005, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Apr 12 2005, 05:48 PM)

Not really. I was correcting his comment addressing SR3. Well, it is a question, but it's not one I was raising.

The relevant quote from p. 41 SR3
During character creation, Physical and Mental Attributes have maximum ratings based on Rating 6 plus or minus racial modifiers, depending on metatype.

So no my reading of racial maximum rating at chargen is correct. The text goes on to explain what Racial Attribute Limits are in play (they are actually fully described in the character development section of Beyond the Shadows) but the maximum natural rating at chargen in SR3 are those ones quoted above.
Kagetenshi
So we are to assume that Einstein, olympic athletes, etc. are all straight out of chargen?

~J
RangerJoe
What haven't they changed? Why, my complete devotion to the SR universe, of course. They can't change that. They can try, and lordy it looks like they're trying, but it ain't gonna work. No sir.

Tha being said, jeebus. Quickness -> agility + reaction? Not a bad way to break it down, but if you're going to abstract it, they might have well broken it down into dexterity, agility, and reaction.
Fortune
My point is that at no point is chargen mentioned in regards to maximum natural Attribute ratings listed in the SR4 blurb.
RangerJoe
Oh, and not entirely OT, but the FAQ mentions that Mark Zug will be doing the SR4 cover art. This is a good thing in my mind (I like his work a great deal), but it certainly begins to explain all of the silly chatter about....flying cars...
Kagetenshi
You know, I never noticed the shark before.

~J
RangerJoe
Kind of makes you wonder if SR has jumped the.... oh, never mind...
Shadow
QUOTE (Lucyfersam)

So far I haven't seen anything in the changes to the system that necessitates changes to the setting and style of the game.

Removing combat pools, karma pools, and adding attributes drastically change the setting. Not to mention the actual setting changes imposed by introducing Hackers and removing Deckers and Riggers(and yes I know the function is in, but the name is not)

They could lead to it yes, if implemented poorly. However, based on the one playtester who is posting here regularly, the feel of the game is preserved with the new system. Given that he's been a long time SR player, I'm going to trust him on this.

Patrick, while doing an excellent job in informing the community, is just one person out of many who has little control over the game itself. It is nice and very refreshing that he is keeping us informed with what he can, but in the end he ultimately has little or no say over how the system turns out. For most part it is complete and there will be no more major changes.

He has also been saying "the feel" hasn't changed, however; we insist the announced changes will change the game. So maybe the general perception of what Shadowrun is on DSF is slightly different then Mr. Goodmans.

I know jumping to conclusions and trying to draw more out of the information given are practically olympic sports around here (hey, I do it to sometimes), but this is getting a little extreme.

As far as I can see there is little conclusion jumping. Everything that has been announced has been in line with what I predicted two weeks ago. The direction the game is going is obvious to some people and they make obvious assumptions based on what they see. If you don't like the system now, you certainly wont like it when it releases. And that's okay. The game isn't being made for the majority of the current fans, but for the unwashed masses of D20 and WoD players who have never played Shadowrun before.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Shadow @ Apr 12 2005, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (Lucyfersam)
So far I haven't seen anything in the changes to the system that necessitates changes to the setting and style of the game.

Removing combat pools, karma pools, and adding attributes drastically change the setting. Not to mention the actual setting changes imposed by introducing Hackers and removing Deckers and Riggers(and yes I know the function is in, but the name is not)

There are words I'm seeing all over the SR4 drafts that I've seen so far: "Decker." "Rigger." "Cyberdeck." I still think most of you folks are jumping to unneccessary conclusions about this change.

And while I said there was 0% change in the setting, I feel I should modify that: There's a five-year timeline jump, to accomodate some of the changes that are being made to the tech, but that's the biggest change I can think of off the top of my pointy head. The backstory does not change, the major players don't change much (though I haven't seen the updates to to storyline yet to know what kinds of things happen in the intervening 5 years). There are still great dragons and immortal elves and politics as usual.

The changes you mention are mechanical aspects of the game, not the setting (except the rigger/decker thing, but I've already talked about that).
They could lead to it yes, if implemented poorly. However, based on the one playtester who is posting here regularly, the feel of the game is preserved with the new system. Given that he's been a long time SR player, I'm going to trust him on this.

Patrick, while doing an excellent job in informing the community, is just one person out of many who has little control over the game itself. It is nice and very refreshing that he is keeping us informed with what he can, but in the end he ultimately has little or no say over how the system turns out. For most part it is complete and there will be no more major changes.

There's still quite a lot of room for changes both big and small, and as a playtester I actually do have a considerable amount of say over how things turn out. That's why they ask people to playtest it. I have already seen changes from one set of drafts to the next that came about because of playtesting, and I foresee more in the future. I won't get everything I want, but I don't expect to.

If I didn't think what I was doing actually had an impact, I'd have told Rob "thanks but no thanks" when he invited me to playtest the new edition.
He has also been saying "the feel" hasn't changed, however; we insist the announced changes will change the game. So maybe the general perception of what Shadowrun is on DSF is slightly different then Mr. Goodmans.

It has changed the way some things happen during a game, but the feel of the world is the same, and to me, it runs much more smoothly on a mechanical level.

I'd be somewhat alarmed if my perception of what the game and the game world are didn't differ from some of you here on DSF.

I'd also like to add that it doesn't feel at all dumbed down to me or the guys I'm playtesting with. I'll leave the final analysis of that to you fine folks when the game actually hits the shelves.
And that's okay. The game isn't being made for the majority of the current fans, but for the unwashed masses of D20 and WoD players who have never played Shadowrun before.

Actually, yeah, it is being made for the majority of the fans out there; Dumpshock is hardly a representative sample of the fanbase. And I take some offense to the "unwashed masses" comment, seeing as I'm also a fan of the World of Darkness.
Eyeless Blond
I just don't have much faith in Fanpro's acility to come up with good rulesets. They're great at settings and sourcebooks, but when it comes to actual crunchy rules you end up with stuff like the security systems stuff from SotA '63, which added a bunch of new skills without taking into account that most new characters won't be getting more skill points to actually buy those skills, and basically get screwed. Or SotA '64, where the Kinesis adept power (or whatever it's called), plus the ability to suddenly detect Tailored Pheromones made mundane Faces obselete. Or the "FAQ" on their site, which has several times in the past

1) made up new rules for no good reason, when there were already existing rules to do what was asked about.
2) proven incapable of actually knowing what the canon ruleset has to say about something
3) attempted to make itself an Errata page without actually calling what it did Errata (Called Shots and Magician Adept initiation rules, for instance).

So yeah, every time I see a new FAQ entry, I see that they've messed with yet another aspect of the ruleset, without telling us anything about *how* they've done it, it makes me more and more nervous. I for one can say the FAQs, as they've been presented, have totally quashed the initial enthusiasm I had for the SR4 project, and I'm definately been moved to the "not buying right away" crowd.
Ellery
Maybe they had lost track of their own rules, and that's why they needed to start over.
Eyeless Blond
The parts that they messed up with were childishly easy. For instance, look at some of the collosal screw-ups that they made when answering questions related to the Invisability spell. Knowing how that spell works requires reading a grand total of four seperate pages, one of which is the section detailing that magic spells cannot increase LOS, and they couldn't get that right. Unless the new core rulebook is only about three pages long, I'm really not going to hold out much hope that they can keep the new rules straight in their own heads either.

Now, don't get me wrong, Fanpro's great at what they do. Some of the sourcebooks like SoNA are terrific; the company's truly got a knack for writing good flavor text and coming up with great plot hooks. I just don't have any confidence in their ability to string together a coherent ruleset without accidentally stabbing themselves in the face, and neither FAQ (the SR4 one *or* the SR3 one) is doing anything to that feeling but making it grow larger.
Shadow
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
Actually, yeah, it is being made for the majority of the fans out there; Dumpshock is hardly a representative sample of the fanbase. And I take some offense to the "unwashed masses" comment, seeing as I'm also a fan of the World of Darkness.

... well you kind of made my point. You do differ from a lot of us here on DSF--not all or even most, just a lot. I am not saying that this is bad. But I dislike the WoD system, past and present. And I dislike the game world. So you're at least different from me on your opinion of what makes a good game world.

You don't seem to think that the game mechanic has anything to do with the feel of the game. You assure us that the feel of the game remains intact. And I assure you, there are lots of us who feel that the game mechanic has a major impact on the feel of the game, can you understand that? Under your argument why not just go to D20? If the mechanic has little to do with the game then it shouldn't be a problem, right?

As for DSF not being representative , well you only need about 100 or so people to determine how 1,000 feel. In national polls they poll about 3,000 people and mathematically that represents the entire country. So when I took a poll asking about Deckers vs Hackers, and 90 people said don't do it, and 60 said yes, then you have your percentage answer. So in that way, DSF is representative of the fan community. It's a shame that the attitude from Fanpro is that if you don't like the system, tough, this is the way it is going to be.

And I have been assured from two different people who are more involved then playtesting, that the game is not being made for the current fans. But for the fans they hope to get. It is a shame that the current mechanic could not be continued, and it will be missed. Not for the game it was, but for the game it could have been. And I wish you (meaning FanPro) had been strait with us (DSF) from the start. This is not a revision, but a whole new game that also uses D6.

And while I have to wait till August to be sure, I am confident that very little will change between now and then. Maybe a few minor revisions of section for editing, or clarity. Maybe they might fine tune the initiative system. But no major revisions are going to happen. Fixed TNs are not going to get replaced, the ridiculous new "dice pool" mechanic will remain etc.

*sigh* What could have been.
Kagetenshi
Dude, they poll about 3,000 people from all over, they don't poll the three thousand people actively protesting in Washington and call it representative.

~J
Eyeless Blond
QUOTE (Shadow)
As for DSF not being representative , well you only need about 100 or so people to determine how 1,000 feel. In national polls they poll about 3,000 people and mathematically that represents the entire country. So when I took a poll asking about Deckers vs Hackers, and 90 people said don't do it, and 60 said yes, then you have your percentage answer. So in that way, DSF is representative of the fan community. It's a shame that the attitude from Fanpro is that if you don't like the system, tough, this is the way it is going to be.

To be fair, DSF is is no way a representative sample of the SR community. Most of us are in fact obsessed, making hundreds or even thousands of posts about this game on a forum where what we say seems to have less and less impact. We are the crazed obsessives of the SR community (a fact that many of us are proud of biggrin.gif), which in no way puts us in the "representative sample" category.
Pthgar
Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics.
Penta
QUOTE (RangerJoe)
Kind of makes you wonder if SR has jumped the.... oh, never mind...

<snaps RangerJoe's neck>

No, no bad punnery. I get tortured with that every day in class. Not here.

<looks at the camera>

I'm 21. I shouldn't be so bitter. WHY?!?! Why must this world destroy my youth?!

nyahnyah.gif
Demonseed Elite
Yeah, sorry, but DSF is just one facet, not representative of the whole. That's like saying that I, as a film student, am representative of the movie-watching public.

Which just ain't the case. They don't make movies for us film students.
Veracusse
So then if DSF is not at all representative of the SR fanbase, then what is? I also disagree that DSF is a group of active protestors, since there is never one coherent voice of protest. Rather dumpshock is a collection of loud and quiet voices. Do you think that everyone who votes on one of the many polls is an active poster? The lurkers can vote just the same as active posters. I know since I usually lurk rather than post.

Besides, what other internet forum is devoted to a fanbase who for the most part is already committed to buying SR and FanPro products? So It makes me really wonder when Devs come in here and say that we really don't matter. Its like saying you are the guys that buy are products and make us a profit, but who the frag cares what you think.

Also, if they are trying to gain a larger fanbase by making their product more appealling to those that might buy SR4, but turning their backs on long-time SR fans, they are not going to be making a very wise business decision.

I would think that FanPro would be a little more respectful to the ones that make up a significant portion of their profit.

Veracusse
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Dude, they poll about 3,000 people from all over, they don't poll the three thousand people actively protesting in Washington and call it representative.

I wasn't aware that we were all in one location, or even one country. I was under the impression that people on Dumpshock are from all over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012