Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Sheet 4.0
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Homme-qui-rigole
Preview of the new character Sheet

First Look:

1)"Initiative Pass" is placed in the Attributes section... What it means? Init pass are now constant???
2)Odd Damage monitor... 16 boxes for physical, (8+Body/2).... each 3 case a damage bring a "-1" modifier (I suppose to the dice pools)... No more Light, Medium, Serious lvl wounds
Stun damage got only 12 boxes (8+Willpower/2)
3)Contacts had Loyalty rating and connection (or connaissance???) rating
4)Stat for weapons are Damage/AP (Armor Percing??)/ Mode / Ammo and Reach for melee... No more conc, unless this the AP rating or it's not included on the sheet
5)Armor still have Ballistic/Impact value
6)Vehicle attributes are: Handling, Acceleration, Speed, Pilot, Body, Armor, Sensor... So not much change from SRIII unless rating are different
7)Deck...err...Commlink are reduced to Response, System, Firewall (very original, isn't?), signal and programs
8)Spell are listed as Type/Range/Duration/Damage
9)Spirits stats are Force, Service, Bound or Unbound, Registred or not (OMG!!! what is that???)
10)Again, Greenish concept... Logo is cool, without the big S in the background

Conclusion: Lot of lost of space, but look better than SR3 character sheet
mmu1
That's all the room they have for cyber/bioware? I wouldn't be able to list my current characters' eye mods in there, let alone the whole thing. wink.gif
Homme-qui-rigole
Cyberware? What are you talking about? It's no more cyber, it's no more punk, it all about Yo-style dwarf who hack systems with their MP5 reader equipped with firewall and bluetooth 5.0!

biggrin.gif
chevalier_neon
I might be totaly wrong about Initiative, but from what I could read... I think that Init refers to your dices that you are throwing to know who will have his first action. Init Pass should refer to the number of action as I remember having read somewhere that your cyber will give you a fixed number of actions...
JongWK
Damn, it certainly looks far better than the temp-sheet we used for playtesting (the horror, the horror!).
Taran
Do we already know what qualities are, or are they something else we find out about tomorrow?
mintcar
Im pretty sure I can make a better record sheet, both when it comes to my needs and taste. But then custum made is better most of the time when it comes to rpg record sheets if you´re able to make them.
JongWK
Qualities = Edges & Flaws
Edge2054
I like the Street Cred, Noteriety, and Public Awareness spots. Hopeing these things will be tracked as Canon now as oppossed to the optional rules on them scattered through two or three books.
Nerbert
Does anyone actually use those character sketch boxes? They seem like a big waste of space to me.
Ellery
Apparently sprites have force and services and can be bound or unbound? That's rather different.
hermit
Apparently Otaku basically use magican rules?
Ellery
Well, you do need to conserve space on a character sheet, and if otaku abilities and magical abilities are mutually exclusive, it does make sense to have them overlap. So it could just be that the sprite thing was an afterthought, and the categories only apply to spirits.

Still, if all categories apply to both, then it certainly sounds like otaku use summoning rules. Maybe they take drain, too.

I rather hope not. Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic, but I enjoy that tech and magic are distinguishable in SR.
hermit
QUOTE (Ellery)
Well, you do need to conserve space on a character sheet, and if otaku abilities and magical abilities are mutually exclusive, it does make sense to have them overlap. So it could just be that the sprite thing was an afterthought, and the categories only apply to spirits.

Still, if all categories apply to both, then it certainly sounds like otaku use summoning rules. Maybe they take drain, too.

I rather hope not. Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic, but I enjoy that tech and magic are distinguishable in SR.

I rather hope not. Technology in SR is far from being sufficiently advanced to count as magic. It's only one step ahead of what we use to post on this forum.
blakkie
Registered/Unregistered appears to be the proper lingo for sprites. This does make some sense with their unifying of rules to minimize the number of different incompatible systems.

However keep in mind having a very similar underlying game mechanism doesn't mean that in the game world that they are similar sources of power.

Think of it like an opposed test to cast and resist a spell having the same dice mechanism as having someone shoot at you and avoid getting hit by the slugs. Same types of rolls, completely different types of events from an IC perspective.

Weren't we already told in that Origins audio release that Otaku DO take drain for at least some of their actions. Or was that someone reporting on what was told at an Origins demo session? I never was able to properly DL that audio.
hobgoblin
is that a unregisterd spirit or are you just happy to se me?
SL James
Oh, boy! I hope those rep rules are the same ones as in Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book!

Now I can have 250 karma PCs with enough rep to take over Seattle!
blakkie
QUOTE (SL James)
Oh, boy! I hope those rep rules are the same ones as in Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book!

Now I can have 250 karma PCs with enough rep to take over Seattle!

This doesn't mean you are going to actually buy SR4, does it? I was hoping not.
SL James
Nah. If I'm going to blow my money, I might as well blow it on something I'd use and/or enjoy.
blakkie
QUOTE (SL James)
Nah. If I'm going to blow my money, I might as well blow it on something I'd use and/or enjoy.

So could we get a rough estimate for when you plan to stop wasting bandwidth complaining about and wilding bashing something you aren't going to buy or use [or likely read]?
Nerbert
Dumpshock, if nothing else, is a welcoming home for master debaters the world over.
SL James
Mmm... No.
Penta
Adam, why are we doomed not to have an ignore button?
warrior_allanon
ummm, because this is an e-bulletin board where anyone who doesnt tick a mod off is allowed to post

personally i didnt like the layout for the SR3 character sheets, and i dont like the layout for this....will make my own....

Kagetenshi
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 16 2005, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (SL James @ Aug 16 2005, 08:23 PM)

So could we get a rough estimate for when you plan to stop wasting bandwidth complaining about and wilding bashing something you aren't going to buy or use [or likely read]?

Unless he's got a very unusual plan for an individual, he isn't paying by bandwidth.
Adam, why are we doomed not to have an ignore button?

Ignore buttons suck. They're severely detrimental to conversation and understanding. If you need an example, consider the following, with Person 1 on Person 3's ignore list:

Person 1: "And so we know that X because of Y because of Z"

Person 2: "Well, yeah, but also because of B."

Person 3: "WTF?"

~J
SL James
Always the mature response to something that offends one's delicate sensibilities.
chevalier_neon
QUOTE (SL James)

A brain ? eek.gif biggrin.gif
SL James
As I was saying...

Thank you for proving my point.
chevalier_neon
You proved it yourself, you didn't need any help... But anyway, you're welcome.
SL James
Oooh... I am wounded.

Your intellectual superiority has vanquished me. You didn't even get my point. That's hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(For the record, my point was, " Always the mature response to something that offends one's delicate sensibilities.")
mfb
but... you just...

chevalier, your grasp of the english language is astonishing. there was a time when i didn't take you seriously. those days have certainly come to a middle.
SL James
What?

This is fun!

I mean, his futile attempts at insults are just hilarious.
mfb
remember the guy in Kung-Pow, who thought that losing was winning?
SL James
Yes.
blakkie
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 16 2005, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (SL James @ Aug 16 2005, 08:23 PM)

Unless he's got a very unusual plan for an individual, he isn't paying by bandwidth.

I never said wasting HIS bandwidth. wink.gif
DigitalMage
QUOTE (Homme-qui-rigole)
2)Odd Damage monitor... 16 boxes for physical, (8+Body/2).... each 3 case a damage bring a "-1" modifier (I suppose to the dice pools)... No more Light, Medium, Serious lvl wounds
Stun damage got only 12 boxes (8+Willpower/2)

In terms of the Damage Monitor I think the idea is to have a variable number of those boxes actually usable by a character. For Physical it says 8 + B/2 (ru) and for Stun is it 8 + W/2 (ru).

The reason why only 12 boxes are shown for stun is that it is impossible for a character to get more (if a Dwarf still gets the +1 Willpower and maxes out at 7 then 8 +7/2ru = 12

For physical damage I guess cyber and Trolls have the potential to have more boxes.

Basically I guess once you reach your maximum you drop unconscious - tougher characters can continue on but with even greater modifiers.

So does this mean there is no Damage Resistance test? If so it is a lot like the new World of Darkness. However if there is no Damage Resistance Test then Trolls would be easier to take out with bare hands (doing Stun damage based on Willpower) than with a knife (doing physical damage, tracked against Body).

Hmmmm... I guess I will just have to wait for the PDF
Darkness
This is just my wild speculation: Since we have a fixed TN now, your Body attribute alone may be not enough to represent how tough you realy are if hit by something damaging. So they may give those high-Bod characters more Hit Boxes for a better representation.
blakkie
That could be. We do know that there are some test that use Attribute dice only, it's a subsection listed in the TOC. Damage Resistance could be one of them.
Bigity
There had better be Damage Resistance tests and staging, or I won't buy it. Period. That would be a horrible thing to change.
blakkie
QUOTE (Bigity @ Aug 17 2005, 08:03 AM)
There had better be Damage Resistance tests and staging, or I won't buy it.  Period.  That would be a horrible thing to change.

What if it is not a seperately rolled test in combat. Or not rolled at all, but instead a fixed amount based on Body or armour. Remember that attacking is an opposed roll, so the defender definately gets to roll at some point. The Origins info talked about a fixed damage +1/extra success, and that armor then brought that damage down and/or converted physical to stun.

EDIT: Apparently there was a Damage Resistance test in there too. I didn't recall that part.

P.S. Apparently Dodge is a skill now, the example PC has a Dodge 2 skill. Not sure if Dodge is what it use to be in combat. It might now become an active action that you have to take?
JongWK
Bigity, the demos at Origins had damage resistance tests.
nezumi
QUOTE (Nerbert @ Aug 16 2005, 07:13 PM)
Does anyone actually use those character sketch boxes?  They seem like a big waste of space to me.

I have, but not with a character I actually have any respect for. I seem to recollect doing it for a monkey and a potato character, but not anyone else. Anyway, that's what the back of the sheet is for (and the reams of character notes I produce.)

Yeah, space could be better used, but I think it's obligatory at this point. It's a tradition.

Edit: My wife, however, does regularly make character sketches, oftentimes at the expense of all the number bits. I've begun the practice of making her character sheets blank pages with a space for name and occupation.
icharbezol
QUOTE (Nerbert)
Does anyone actually use those character sketch boxes? They seem like a big waste of space to me.

They would be really useful if you were capable of cutting and pasting a picture onto it as with some PDF charsheets I have used; barring that, I guess someone has to have some kind of artistic talent to use it. Or it could just be a great place to put notes.
azraeluk

They would be really useful if you were capable of cutting and pasting a picture onto it as with some PDF charsheets I have used; barring that, I guess someone has to have some kind of artistic talent to use it. Or it could just be a great place to put notes.

It's possibly a little sad, but I print a character picture onto a blank piece of paper, in just the right spot, then print my character sheet onto that, and hey-presto.
icharbezol
I do like the appearance of the new character sheet, and they did well with the space available for a 2 pager, but it does look a bit too crowded. Someone did say somewhere that a new character dossier was in production, right? At least I am hoping, anyway.
Athenor
QUOTE (icharbezol)
I do like the appearance of the new character sheet, and they did well with the space available for a 2 pager, but it does look a bit too crowded. Someone did say somewhere that a new character dossier was in production, right? At least I am hoping, anyway.

Yeah, it's slated along with the GM screen to be out fairly quickly..

Tho Adam mentioned he's having emergencies ATM, so those will probably come first, as he pretty much single handedly made the first dossier.

The only thing I'm leery about when it comes to releasing a Dossier/GM screen this early is how it relates to future rule expansions. It always bugged me with SR3 that the GM screen was woefully incomplete when it came to the "core" rulebooks.. Granted the last one didn't make it out until right before FASA's demise.. but it did kinda bum me out.

Another thing I'd like to see? I don't remember where, but I twice came across a character sheet that would allow you to fill out your information directly on the spreadsheet/PDF, and some of the derived values would automatically be filled out -- as well as making it a hell of a lot more legible, at least in my case. The spreadsheet was home-developed by a guy for 5th Cycle, and the PDF I forget where it was from. But yeah.. to just write directly to a PDF before I print it off, and then drop in a picture or even expand it for more space? That would be ideal.
booklord
Pretty but....

This character sheet only really works for some sort of cybered magician - Decker - adept hybrid. If the character is a little more specialized then you've got a lot of wasted space.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (booklord)
Pretty but....

This character sheet only really works for some sort of cybered magician - Decker - adept hybrid. If the character is a little more specialized then you've got a lot of wasted space.

You are onto their great secret. Everyone is "some sort of cybered magician - Decker - adept hybrid"
Athenor
Okay, then we'll take those 8 pages of fiction in the LE and convert it into specialized charsheets for each play type....

... Then replace them when we get the specialization books. wink.gif

=P
mintcar
I´m working on my own version of the character sheet right now. Any ideas were I could upload it so I can share it with you guys?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012