Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure preview
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mfb
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
AA + AA + AA == AAA[2]? That makes no sense to me.

you're forgetting why Novatech is a triple-A to begin with: it owns JRJ, which is effectively a Get Onto Corporate Court Free card. a street-corner Stuffer Shack could be on the CC, if it owned JRJ. of course, it wouldn't last long--you have to keep JRJ, and not get bought out yourself. but as long as you own JRJ, and nobody owns you? congrats, you're on the CC.
Kagetenshi
No, I remembered that. My notation was a bit obscure, sorry—it was the fact that AA + AA + AA equals the third largest AAA that was stretching my brain-meats to believe.

~J
Halabis
Well, they did pretty much create the new matrix. Thast lots of incoming monies. Literaly everyone has to buy from them if they want in on the wireless thing. (untill the competitors catch up anyways)
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (Dashifen)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Sep 2 2005, 05:47 PM)
Just lose the swearing in the next books!

Actually, I'm refreshed and proud of the swearing in both SR4 and SF. The "pretend" curse words (i.e. drek and frag) while a part of shadowrun history and style always seemed contrived and silly to me. I curse like a ******* sailor in real life and when I game and I guess I like it when the ******** books ******** curse back at me.

I've had at least 3/4 of my gaming group personally come and complain to me that they dropped the pretend words.

To each his own.
hahnsoo
AFAIK, they only dropped "frag" for "fuck". The rest of the curse words are pretty much still there. I don't see much mention of "drek" running around, though.
DrJest
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Sep 3 2005, 01:23 AM)
I believe you are mistaking Neddy, the magcian, with Renny, the Halberstam experiment that escaped.

I AM! DAMN ME!
I feel that I have failed myself frown.gif

Edit: So who the hell is Neddy then?
Good ol' AH, always there to make sure we don't screw up his carefully organised and cataloged facts. Thanks man

I think you'll find, in addition to being in the SR2 short fiction, that Neddy is visible as the illustration for the Street Mage in the archetypes - the guy in the suit with the cane and the symbol-strewn hat.

And - they killed Captain Chaos? Damn, man...
FlakJacket
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Sep 2 2005, 11:14 PM)
He wanted to be "where everyone knows your name." In this case, just the bartender and Miles Lanier. smile.gif

Scratch the bartender - he's being paid good money so that he doesn't recognise Villiers or know his name. Doubly so 'cause Lanier would probably dose him with Laes on the way out the door just to be sure. wink.gif

But yeah, I liked that part. The Yankee's melting down and not having won for over forty years? Priceless. biggrin.gif
Penta
The Yankees...The new Red Sox.
Supercilious
I wonder if the Bears win at football now-a-days... (2070).
Penta
Heck, I wonder...Have the Bruins won the Cup again yet in SR?
JongWK
Send an email to bribes@shadowrunrpg.com, I'm sure a deal can be worked out. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012