Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Calling all Mercs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fenris
Your pleases for mercy fall on deaf ears. But I might be willing to extend the deadline until Sunday night to let you get a gmail account to email your character with wink.gif

Last deadline shift though. If I don't have a final character sheet by Sunday night, I'm going to have to move on and leave some people behind.
Aku
well, do you actually need the sheet as an attachement? I sent you the message earlier with a link

EDIT: Sent it through ym other email account that i dont use thunderbird for. For some reason it just wasnt like sending in HTML file as an attachement.
FrostyNSO
So are we going with a T-bird or Choppers? I would definately like to make sure we have some ground vehicles since if someone gets chomped, most guys are likely to have a car skill.
Tashio
APC and a couple Vector Thrust UAV's with Missiles. Chopper/T-Bird is going to be to hard to get into a city. And may not be entirely practical. APC has everything the T-Bird has except for speed. And the electronics on the APC are better.
FrostyNSO
Ok, make sure we get 2 MPUV's though too. =)
Fenris
Aku - The link is fine, I can just save the file directly from my browser.
Aku
i also sent you the file through my other email account, however, I think i IAM going to go with that ally spirit...

i need something to have sex with...
Tashio
Don't forget the Dikote!
Aku
ok, i submitted, and i've decided againist going with an ally spirit for now, because i don't have the karma to really do anything with it, and i think my pot of almost 900K would be better served in the team slush fund.

So pending any last minute changes, i should be good. If you think i REALLY should have the ally, try an convince me, and i might be swayed, assuming the GM lets me make a few last minute changes.
FrostyNSO
So here's the deadline...whaddwe got?
Fenris
I have:

Just Drake
Brithan
Taxi
Foxfire
Alan Carnes
Boomer
Styx
Indiana
Chance359
Ok, make sure we get 2 MPUV's though too. =)

Alright, I bought one with starting cash, who'se bringing the other one?
Cedric Rolfsson
Sparky, as a drone rigger shouldn't you have UAV remote piloting skills as well as ground vehicle and gunnery? I'm not a rigger, having never played one, but I'm sure all the riggers I played with piloted Condors and Rotodrones etc. Just a thought.

Okay folks the new Team Fund amounts: Edited 9-27-05

Mister Juan: Approx 700K
Chance359: Approx 845K
FrostyNCO: Approx 160K
Aku: Exact 800K
Gobo: Exact 658,400
Whizbang: Exact 400,922
Taisho: Exact 1,000,000
Cedric: Exact 675,000 (I'm keeping spending money)

that means we have a whopping 5,239,322 dropped into the Team Fund, with Fenris matching dollars that means we've got 10,478,644 to spend.

Okay, with that a little more firmly in place I'm of the opinion we designate one person to "spend" the money on group equip and post that to the list for Fenris approval and team commentary.

I think with this much money we should purchase the following:
[ Spoiler ]

Those are my suggestions, who has the books and the time to put together the gear list? Taisho and Sparky should probably work on the vehicles and drones.
Aku
for my part, i have a couply of middle/low life styles from the SSg calc in NSRCG with high/luxory security, along with 500KG of commercial explosives, as well as something like 50 timed and 50 remote detonators...

I wonder if i can buy karma from the slush fund for an ally spirit heh....
Tashio
Looking good.
APC is designed as is base spec for UAV, just have to decide how many and how to equip them. APC = 900k UAV's 300k before SI if we're using the one persons contact then hopefully that will be the price or prehaps slightly higher instead of the 3 SI for APC.

AMMO
APDS and AV (20k like of each)
Missiles/Rockets (HE/AV)
Milspec armor is nice but don't forget that stupid armor overencumberance rule where -'s when your AR is higher than quickness.

Some contacts are definatly a good idea. (Someone who can get us authorisation to be in areas is usefull.) LS or KE.
Cedric Rolfsson
ACK!! Forgot the armor encumbrance rules, this is why someone who's better on the rules than I should be in charge of spending.

Hook us up on the drones man! Much big vehicles too! If we've got two riggers then we'll need at least two big-nasty-butt-kicking insertion vehicles, with plush individually heated seats and monster sound systems that rattle windows and activate sound dampers! eek.gif

All of you heavy weapons people should put together a wish list too, you know the list that says "I want a semi-automatic rocket launcher." or "I want a man portable laser system." (Cedric busily wipes the drool off his computer before it shorts out.)
Fenris
Alright guys, I'm going to assume that since I didn't get any screams or moans of agony or even any nasty emails that everyone I listed is the full and complete team as it stands, and the most recent character sheet I have for each of you is what you're moving forward with.

Yes, the deadline was on Sunday, but as you'll notice in the thread, I do major bumps on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Alright, I noticed you guys were hashing out the team fund, which is good. You have till Friday to finish that up, or I relegate the funds to your team slush fund, which means you'll still be able to buy stuff, but it'll have to be in game and in character, using contacts and whatnot.

From this point on, aside from anything regarding the slush fund, consider yourself officially moved over to the IC and OOC threads for parting the veil. You shall be introduced as fast as I can push the PC's in your direction.
gobogen
Well, Indiana has a net quickness of 11.. cyber.gif so he can handle any kind of armor. I would give anything for ruthenium on the armor though, and a dozen scanners. For weapons, my PC doesn't have any explosives and very limited amounts of ammunition. Also, I would like to have APDS and AV ammo as mentionned by someone else. Note that my PC has a good gunnery skill and we could make good use of that. Cyberware for communication and BattleTac are absolutely necessary.

Whoever wants to take over and do the vehicle expenses and the details of what has been mentionned is more than welcome!
Aku
I would like to ammend my donation amount to the slush fund to an exact 800K
Tashio
Official Shopping List

Okay Boys and Girls this will be the official list.
If you need something yell, and I'll modify it into the list. Oh yea do me a favour and list the price and the SI.

Fenris how is these going to work we paying SI on this stuff or base cost?

Weapons:
RPK HMG: $2500 SI: 2

Armor:
Hardened Military Grade Heavy: $70000(each) SI:3
+ Helmet $2500
Anyone want specific shielding? (Insulations fire etc)

Ammo:
APDS(5000): $35,000 SI:4
AV Rounds(5000): $100,000 SI:4
Balista MKIII(20): $50,000 SI:4
Great Dragon ATGM(20): $20,000 SI: 4

Grenades lemme know what you guys want.
Explosives as well.

Not sure if we have any Assault Cannon users?
AV Assault Ammo(10 (100)Belts $95,000 SI:4
Assault Ammo (10 (100)Belts $42500 SI:2

Vehicles:
APC: $859,100 SI: 2

Drones:
UAV's: $72,660 SI: 2

Extras:
Laser Designators(3): $3000(each) SI:2
BattleTac Master Unit Rating 10 $80,000 SI: 4
BattleTac Personal Rating 10 (cool.gif $40,000(each) SI: 4
Vidlink Transmitter + Microcamcorder (10) 13,000 Each With SI

I'm a bit lost on this stuff here because their is also the master/reciever units where do those fit into the battletac stuff?

I'll compile final prices and everything once we have final numbers.
Fenris
Personal Tactical com units will double as BattleTac recievers, but not as BattleTac cyberlinks.

And yes, you're paying SI on everything wink.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
How about uniform assault rifles? I like the Ares Alpha Gun for an assault rifle.

Ares Alpha: 2,000 per unit with a SI of 4 = 8,000 per unit.
2gS plus integral grenade launcher.
gobogen
Sorry, won't give away my AK98 on this one nyahnyah.gif

Oh and IF (and i know this is a big "if") possible here's something I would really like to sqeeze in:

- Ruthenium 3 m^2
- 12 scanners
- 20 gel packs

total: 91,000:nuyen:
SI: 2

I could put the money spent on my heavy sec armor (which is a lot!!!) to pay for this with no SI since it's starting money. Then I would apply it to my military grade armor biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'd like a chemical seal with repirator on my armor if it exists.
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, just for clarity's sake then I'm understanding that each one of us is purchasing our own assault rifle to individual taste? I saved back money for just this situation so that's cool with me. I'll blow the 8 grand on the Ares and another 2 grand on the grenades(who said this mage only knows ONE way to create a fireball. smile.gif ).
Aku
i think i've got all the weapons and personal armor i need....
Cedric Rolfsson
We do need some team contacts and life styles though, that's real important. I think we need at least three team lifestyles, High or better for the base of operations, and a couple of bolt holes.

At least one team contact for a shadow clinic in the Seattle area, plus I'd like to see us have some local military contacts as well, just to get a feel for things.

Also, I'd like to purchase 10 units of a Rating 2 Vidlink Transmiter and Microcamcorder, at 13000 per unit after SI. These we can use to monitor our base of operations and possibly plant around the target's expected movement or as a warning system etc. We may want to go with more depending upon alternative uses.
FrostyNSO
I have a personal list for whoever is purchasing this stuff :

1 Load-bearing vest
1 Camo Fullsuit (Flat Grey)
1 AK-98
- sling
- shockpads
- gas vent IV
- custom grip
- tactical light
- internal smartlink
- (5) AK-98 mags - AV ammunition
- (6) Defensive HE minigrenades
1 Browning Max-Power
- quick-draw holster
- tactical light
- custom grip
- internal smartlink
- (3) BMP mags - EX-explosive (Dos Eques!) ammunition
3 Antipersonnel handgrenades
3 Concussion grenades
2 IR Smoke Grenades
1 Cougar Fineblade (short)

1 Secure Longcoat
1 Morrissey Elite
- Custom grip
- internal smartlink
- (1) ME mag - EX explosive ammunition
- concealable quickdraw holster

...that's all I can think of so far
FrostyNSO
I've got an SF Colonel out of Fort Lewis.

Havn't talked to him for a while though (lvl 1)
Tashio
Eek could you give me some prices for all that stuff smile.gif though small arms and basic armor would be for your account.

The team fund is for major purchases. High end weapons armor and vehicles/drones. Unless you are realy strapped for cash then should be able to pick up some stuff.

Our base stuff would be covered by the parent company. That stuff I would not worry about to much.

Fenris how much in terms of HQ's and stuff should we look at getting and how much will be provided by parent company. I assume temporary will be for our cost. Same goes for Contacts.
Fenris
Currently, you've been put on the ground with the resources you're bringing with you and the hanger. Everything else is up to you. You've got an operating budget (around 10 million, if I've been following this thread right wink.gif so the parent company isn't exactly sweating flophouses for you guys.
HeySparky
I have paid for 6 months of high lifestyle for our team 'base' - whatever form that takes.

For contacts - I have a Level 1 Lone Star contact and another Level 1 Contact whose nature and disposition completely elude me at the moment. My brain has completely flat-lined.
Cedric Rolfsson
I would suggest we purchase about 2 months of Luxury contact, just for the extra accomodations space and security, it can be a temp warehouse down on the Tacoma docks (they rent month to month on a lot of indie warehouses with no questions asked). We'd need sec cams and medkits, etc. Also we should have a couple of alternative safe houses in case things go to hell in a handbasket.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what this rheumatism stuff is?

Also we should quickly decide on a team leader, second in command and maybe talk about forming two or three man fire teams. I understand that most military people operate as two or more person fire teams rather than a bunch of individuals. We'll also need to designate the contact person who meets with the hiring agents to settle final prices who may well be the team leader.

Don't forget to get the riggers a mechanic's shop and a couple of demolitions and electronics kits for the people who have those skills.
FrostyNSO
I don't have prices on that stuff atm (on a trip). I can try to get them on friday, but I have very little cash, everything I had other than my light pistol and armor clothing I put into the team fund thinking we were going to "gear up" from that. I have some thoughts on base of operations and whatnot, but I would really like to know a bit more about the job/.
gobogen
"Ruthenium polymers undergo a color change with the application of a small voltaic charge" (M&M p.114). It is possible to buy it as paint and you get a chameleon effect. People use that in high and luxurious lifestyles on their walls. They can then recreate any kind of setting they like, a beach, a mountain, a lake, whatever they fancy (patterns may be downloaded from the matrix). You may also apply it on armor and with expensive imaging scanners properly set up, it renders you a stealth .. man. Quite a cool toy in my opinion.
FrostyNSO
Dagnabbit, I am unable to get to the prices on that list of mine yet again. If need be, I'll show up with my armor clothing and aquire some gear from the dead I suppose.

Being a paramilitary team, I think the group leader should also be the group's mouthpiece. While Drake wouldn't make a very good mouthpiece (not exactly a face character), he is very "tactical". I'd like to put in for a "Second-in-Command", or "Squad Leader" unless anybody has any objections, or thinks he'd be better suited elsewhere.

With 8 people, we have a couple of options here: Mostly it will depend on the objective/mission. For a default, flexible setup, I would go with this: Bear in mind this can be tossed out and another option hashed if it doesn't work for the situation.

1 Element Leader
1 Second-in-Command
2 Squad Leaders
4 Squad Members

We'll want our higher-intelligence or higher SUT guys to have leader spots. Squad members can be swapped between teams to provide for the situation. i.e. have no set "fire team", but a clear specialization (even if it is just "kill stuff")

Individual Drones can fall under "Squad Member", but may be easier to command as a seperate force, under command of the EL or SIC.
gobogen
Indi wouldn't make even a decent squad leader so he's just a plain squad member. He has ZERO social skills and is of the individual type in general.
Tashio
Taxi is as rude as a NY taxi driver smile.gif he would not make a good leader except to his drones smile.gif
Aku
ditto for boomer, really just makes things go boom
Chance359
Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days, had a project at work that needed to be delt with. Brithan isn't a leader type, but more of a follower. I'll come up with a list of gear that I couldnt get ahold of at character gen.
Cedric Rolfsson
Styx is a decent Face character but not much in the way of SUT, like a three I think. High Charisma and Willpower, generally a pretty boy, High Society Etiquette etc.

Whatever we do I think we need to purchase some freaking security armor out of the team fund immediately, like today. And get an approval from Fenris since we are running incredibly short on time. I'd suggest we also pick up about six rocket launchers, assault cannons, Heavy machine guns etc.

Prices:

Panther Assault Cannon SI 2 = 14,400 per unit
M79B1 LAW Multilauncher- Man portable - Missile/Rocket SI 2 = 16,000 per
Stoner-Ares M104 HMG -SI 3 = 15,600 per
Vengence Minigun MMG - SI 3.5 = 175,000 per
Vanquisher Minigun HMG - SI 3.5 = 262,500 per unit
M-12 MP Mortar - SI 2 = 6,000 per
RPK HMG (clip fed!) - 8,000 per
Anti-Personal Missile SI 3 = 3000 per
Anti-Vehicle Missile SI 3 = 6,000 per
Surface to Air Missile SI 4 = 10,000 per unit
White Phosperous Grenade SI 3 = 660 per
Smoke/IR grenade SI 2 = 80 per
Nerostun Gas SI = 120 per
Offensive HE SI 2 = 60 per
Minigrenades add 1 to SI and double price
Heavy Mil armor SI 3 = 210,000 per unit
Medium Mil armor SI 3 = 135,000 per unit
Mil Helmet SI 3, with: = 26,600 per unit
Optical Mag 3
Low Light
Thermo
Smartgoggles
Chemseal
Respirator
Hazmat Seal

Styx will volunteer to be the Team leader and rely heavily on Ian for tactical decision making.
Cedric Rolfsson
I've figured out a basic spending list:

Medium Mil armor with helmets for everyone.

Med Mil armor w/Helmet: = 1,292,800
5 Panther Assault Cannons = 72,000
3 Multilauncher Missile Sys. = 48,000
8 RPK HMG = 64,000
15 Anti-Vehicle Missiles = 90,000
30 Anti-personnel Missiles = 90,000
5 SAM rounds = 50,000
Spare clips, APDS rounds = 100,000

Subtotal = 1,806,800

With Heavy Mil armor add 600,000.

This gets us all HMG to carry, each working off a clip system, plenty of big bang bangs, and missile to deal with those pesking attack choppers. If you've caught up with the Parting the Veil thread we're going to be hitting a Yak boss' estate. We'll need to plan on dealing with lots of angry Japanese people plus Lone Star response.

BattleTac system costs:

Materunit SI 3 = 90,000
8 receiver units SI 2 = 120,000

Communications

Tactical Communications Mater unit Rating 10 SI 4 = 320,000
8 Personal comm units Rating 10 SI 4 = 1,280,000

Total spending cost for all of this, including BattleTac and Tactical Comm gear is:

4,216,800 [-600,000 if we go with medium mil armor]

I figure we can allocate 1,000,000 for drones spending and still have 5,000,000 for vehicle spending, lifestyles, and team contacts.
Aku
I've got all the weapons i personally, need (my AR, and spells). I've also got 500 kilo's of compound IV, spread around seattle in safe houses, along with 20 timers, and 20 remote dets.

Also, when thinking about armor, don't forgot about the mods for the big/little guys, I for one, am a troll.
Cedric Rolfsson
My list didn't have a cost modifier for sizes or metatypes.
Aku
I know, but since you had armor in ther,e i wanted to remind all of us
Cedric Rolfsson
I don't know how much that is though, I'll modify the price list.
Fenris
Alright guys, just to sort of wrap things up here, I need a final list of all the gear you guys will be purchasing out of the team fund by Friday. After that, all purchases will use normal rules and normal channels.
Cedric Rolfsson
We also need to identify team leaders, etc. so we can proceed.

Fenris, I did those summoning and drain rolls, do you want me to post those OOC in Parting the Veil, send those to you PM, post them here or what?
Fenris
Just post them here. After Friday I'll basically stop looking at this thread, but for right now it's fine.

You guys are welcome, of course, to keep the thread open if you want some sort of private OOC thread.
Cedric Rolfsson
Summoned 7 Elementals: Char 7, Conjuring Skill 6

Force 5 Elementals

Conjuring Test TN 5
Drain Code (less than or equal to Char.) M

Elementals:

Talan-- Force 5 Fire Elemental -- 2 services
Agni-- Force 5 Fire Elemental -- 1 services
Asa-- Force 5 Air Elemental -- 3 services
Conor-- Force 5 Air Elemental -- 2 services
Tibbin-- Force 5 Water Elemental-- 1 service
Therrin-- Force 5 Earth Elemental -- 3 services
Torfin--- Force 5 Earth Elemental -- 2 services

On each of the elemental summoning I took various amounts of drain but I also assumed my character waited between summonings until he was rested again. Not my best rolls but that's what we're stuck with.
Fenris
If you still remember what you rolled, or if you want to roll again, I will allow the use of a singe karma pool over all of the summoning and drain rolls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012