Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Half of texas?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ChuckRozool
Ok i recently got back into running the shadows again, we are four sessions into our, uh, campaign(?).
Now because of this i was looking over the history again just for the heck of it, when i come to the part about mexico (aztlan) taking half of texas. So i'm like, 'what the hell is that all about? How is that even possible?'. Now maybe it's because i'm a texan, so naturally i am bias, but come on.
Does anyone have some knowledge perhaps i didn't see...

I'm mean given the history of texas and several other factors this is kinda hard to belive.
Herald of Verjigorm
Stupid politicians and blood spirits.
hyzmarca
Quite a bit of military power was lost when the USA broke up. While Texas would have almost certainly been able to reapproperiate the some equipment for their own miliary the overall reduction in military effectiveness would have be staggering. Certainly, Mexico could beat Texas in a traditional ground war. Remember the Alamo. Aztlan's only problem would be guerrilla resistance and by then the populace would have been so apathetic as to not care if Hitler's Reanimated Head made their laws.
Squinky
Texans are some pretty scary folk....I would imagine a large quantity of "minute-men" type groups because of the large quanity of civilian guns around...
ChuckRozool
Quite a bit of military power was lost when the USA broke up. While Texas would have almost certainly been able to reapproperiate the some equipment for their own miliary the overall reduction in military effectivness would have be so staggering. Certainly, Mexico could beat Texas in a traditional ground war. Remember the Alamo. Aztlan's only problem would be geurilla resistance and by then the populace would have been so apathetic as to not care if Hitler's Reanimated Head made their laws.

that makes a bit of sense but you still have to take into account the fact that (in no particular order):
- currently texas has about 104,000 soldiers in the armed forces, that's the third largest amount with california being the 1st. When the split happens i would assume that 2/3 if not 3/4 of the texans in the armed forces are going to chose the confederacy.

- There are currently 3 army bases 4 airforcebases and 2 naval bases in texas. i'm not sure how that would come into play but there it is.

- Now when aztlan decides to invade, you better belive that at least 90% of texans in the armed forces, no matter which side they're on are gonna find there way back to texas

- currently there are about 8 guns to every 1 person in texas

- historically tejanos (hispanic texans) played a large roll in texas independance i'm sure that wouldn't change in the future. and there's quite a few hispanics in texas, including myself Then there's all the illegals, they left for a reason, you could probably count at least 1/2 of them to resist.

- this might not play any significant role but, catholicism is outlawed in aztlan. there are quite a few catholics in texas. i'm sure some of them wouldn't want aztlan in texas as well.

-now this prolly won't matter, but, i'm from a border town and while ppl of border towns might get along with their nieghbors across the river they're attitude towards mexicans is prolly more harsh than most. take that how ever you'd like.
JongWK
"Welcome to the Aztlan-Texas shooting war. On the Aztlaner corner, a triple-A megacorp called Aztechnology. On Texas' corner... uh... well..."

Looks like a Don King fight, doesn't it? wink.gif
hyzmarca
Aztlan was part of the NAN because they classified Hispanics as Native Americans (which is technically accurate). If the USA decided to use the same standards it is possible that every tejano was rounded up and put into a death camp, greatly reducing any loyalty they they'd have toward Texas. Tenjanos fighting for Texas would be like Jews fighting for Nazi Germany.
Ancient History
Texas was in one of it's rather ill-considered independant phases at the moment, with apathetic (if not openly hostile) NAN neighbors, and Aztlaner forces were backed with magic. By the time the Lone Star did get help from the CAS, they'd already lost sizable chunks of territory, and the territory was probably ceded to Aztlan in ensuing peace talks.

It's not that Texans didn't fight - but they were facing a modern military force with the latest arms and magical support, and they didn't have the resources to regain the lost land.
TheNarrator
Hispanics are a major demographic in the U.S.... and growing fast. One in seven Americans is Hispanic. It's pretty much impossible that Hispanics could have been put in the camps... it would have increased the size of the job fifteen fold.

Native Americans? Not that numerous. 1% of the population, give or take.

Hispanics? 14.1% as of 2004.

Of course, the entire notion behind the US-NAN war is pretty preposterous. People would never have stood for a return to take-the-Indian's-land policies or large-scale internment camps. We're hardly a perfect people here in the United States, but we don't generally start reoppressing people we've ceased oppressing. The public outcry would make people's complaints over Guantanamo Bay seem like a quiet whisper. But the balkanization of all the major world powers is part of the Shadowrun flavor, so I whistle and look the other way as regards the metaplot. But increasing the size of the population being oppressed by a factor of 15 would just be too much to believe.
ChuckRozool
I understand that this is FASA/Wizkids/Fan Pros world and they can do what ever they wish... But would you agree that Mexico/Aztlan taking 1/2 of Texas is a pretty impossible feat. I think alot of Texans would die before they let their state be taken by any foreign goverment and the cost to take texas or most US states would be too costly to try.
brennanhawkwood
I do not remember if it is something we found in one of the Shadowrun game books/novels or something a GM made up, but I remember our gaming group getting a kick out of the tale of the Texan's fierce delaying campaign as they desperately held off the Aztlan forces headed for San Antonio...the purpose of course being to allow the Texans to cart off the Alamo (eventually reassembling it elsewhere) rather than allowing it to fall into Aztlan hands. A little silly an idea, but given a couple of Texans I've known I could see them trying it.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (TheNarrator)
Of course, the entire notion behind the US-NAN war is pretty preposterous. People would never have stood for a return to take-the-Indian's-land policies or large-scale internment camps. We're hardly a perfect people here in the United States, but we don't generally start reoppressing people we've ceased oppressing.

History shows that that simply isn't true. The right propaganda can turn any majority gainst any minority and Lone Eagle was more than enough propaganda.

It is natural for one social group to oppress another. It may even be necessary. Having a 'them' to attack makes 'us' more cohesive.

QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
I understand that this is FASA/Wizkids/Fan Pros world and they can do what ever they wish... But would you agree that Mexico/Aztlan taking 1/2 of Texas is a pretty impossible feat. I think alot of Texans would die before they let their state be taken by any foreign goverment and the cost to take texas or most US states would be too costly to try.

Well, several US states had already been lost through surrender and the USA did not exist anymore. Texas was pretty much on its own so taking it would have been trivial. Keeping it is another matter. Offense is always easier than defense. Of course,
Edward
Given Aztechnologys public face after Mexico became Azatlan I expect Hispanics started to like it a hole lot more. Finest public relations department in history and all that.

Mf I understand the timing right they took this land just after the war that formed the CAS. The Texans are just coming out of a war they no longer have the military mite of a super power defending them and a major megacorp as an enemy, iff the megacorp really wanted the land it was going to win.

Edward
SL James
QUOTE (TheNarrator @ Feb 1 2006, 08:41 PM)
The public outcry would make people's complaints over Guantanamo Bay seem like a quiet whisper.

When did it cease being more than a whisper?

I also love you guys tossing around the word Hispanic with regards to Aztlan. That's fucking comedy gold. I'm sure the non-Mexicans really give a damn.
John Campbell
I think I may have to file Aztlan whuppin' Texas alongside CFS in "bits of SR history that might not be totally plausible but I approve of just because it's so funny watching partisans of the state in question get their panties in a wad about it".
ChuckRozool
QUOTE (Edward)
Given Aztechnologys public face after Mexico became Azatlan I expect Hispanics started to like it a hole lot more. Finest public relations department in history and all that.

Mf I understand the timing right they took this land just after the war that formed the CAS. The Texans are just coming out of a war they no longer have the military mite of a super power defending them and a major megacorp as an enemy, iff the megacorp really wanted the land it was going to win.

Edward

That is were you would be wrong, ppl know they are being oppressed no matter how nice a face you put on it. Also, considering that hispanics are in general Catholic, your PR dept would have to be some slick mother fuckers to make ppl like you after you outlaw their religion.

As far as the timing theory goes, that would certainly make more sense. Attack when they just got thru fighting a war.

Either way the whole Shadowrun world was created by a group of young geeks from Chicago who obviously didn't know very much about anything outside their small city ( nyahnyah.gif ). Now they are much older and wealthier geeks who are more knowledgable about the world. wobble.gif
Deamon_Knight
**sigh**

Didn't you guys Read Harlequinns back?

This is where it happened, chummers. This is where they broke the spirit, pardon the pun, of the good ol U.S of A. This is where they danced the Big One, the Great Ghost Dance.

The only explanation for beating the USA is gross, preposterous, atomic sized, supermagic. Magic powerful enough to beat the US armed forces and blunts Americas very will. Magic that is just shy of divine intervention,melts the brains of an untold number of dancers, and nearly ends the world.

And even after that, Texas still secedes and fights Aztlan to a stalemate by itself.

In a game, I can buy that.
mfb
i don't tend to think of it (when i think of it) as Texas losing half the state territory to Aztlan. i view it as Texas holding off a modern national army by itself. Texas had no support from the CAS military at all, and yet they kicked Aztlan in the teeth so hard, Aztlan ended up trying to call in the NAN for help. when the NAN refused, Aztlan's assault stalled.
nick012000
QUOTE (mfb)
i don't tend to think of it (when i think of it) as Texas losing half the state territory to Aztlan. i view it as Texas holding off a modern national army by itself. Texas had no support from the CAS military at all, and yet they kicked Aztlan in the teeth so hard, Aztlan ended up trying to call in the NAN for help. when the NAN refused, Aztlan's assault stalled.

Don't mess with Texas. wink.gif
Critias
The trick to accepting what happened with Texas is to take a "glass half full" view of what happened. It really is. Rather than losing half of Texas, Texans managed to keep half of it, fighting to a standstill a foreign national power, without backup.

I mean, it's like (purposefully, I'm sure) the Alamo, or maybe even Thermopylae. Do you remember it as "that place all those losers died," or "where a horribly outnumbered force held out for a good, long, time against an overwhelming foe."
fistandantilus4.0
good point. Texas did withdraw from the CAS for a time becuase the CAS wouldn't help them fight for their lost territory, then rejoined when they couldn't do it on their own. And they're still working at it. Azziewatch, Cavlier Arms, and the general attitude of most CAS-ers to Aztlan (check out YOTC) are good examples of the continuing effort against Aztlan.

And rememeber, Aztechnology does the 'finest public relations in history' Edward, at least, according to Corporate Download.
Deamon_Knight
QUOTE (mfb)
i don't tend to think of it (when i think of it) as Texas losing half the state territory to Aztlan. i view it as Texas holding off a modern national army With Magic by itself. Texas had no support from the CAS military at all, and yet they kicked Aztlan in the teeth so hard, Aztlan ended up trying to call in the NAN for help. when the NAN refused, Aztlan's assault stalled.

Corrected
ChuckRozool
All very good points. I suppose with all this added information it would be plausible.

I guess the thing that really miffed me was the thought of Aztlan holding half of my beloved town of Austin. She doesn't deserve a fate like that even if it's a alernate reality. BUT, i guess if you're gonna stop an invading force in texas the capitol (at the time) would be the place to do it.

I'm sure my home town of Laredo is just a bunch of burned out buildings. I would think the border towns would take the brunt of an assault, especially Laredo considering I-35 starts/ends there. Straight, more or less, line to San Antonio and Austin.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
That is were you would be wrong, ppl know they are being oppressed no matter how nice a face you put on it. Also, considering that hispanics are in general Catholic, your PR dept would have to be some slick mother fuckers to make ppl like you after you outlaw their religion.

The great thing about the Awakening is the ability to prove or disprove the validity of certain religious claims. The Aztechnology PR department is slick enough to convince people that Christianity is simply not the correct cosmological view.

Huitzilopochtli answers prayers far more often Jesus and Jehova ever did and you can talk to a Feathered Serpent in person. If Constantine could make Catholicism the official religion while outlawing the worship of the real gods without being overthrown then Azlan certainly can rectify that mistake.

The secularization of the world in the past few decades hit a hard blow against Christianity and the Roman Catholic Church in particular. The Awakening made things even worse. Christianity is really little more than a fringe cult again. Those that have any religious inclination at all find themselves drawn to the old ways which seem to actually work now.

There are Catholic 'terrorists' in Aztlan but far too few to actually cause any trouble.
Who would want to worship a 2000 year-old shedim-possessed corpse anyway?
Grinder
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)

eek.gif

Who needs 8 guns? Serioulsy.
hyzmarca
1 anti-materials rifle for long range shooting.

1 long rifle for medium range shooting.

1 carbine for MOUT.

1 shotgun for close quarters shooting and small game hunting.

1 pistol for when you can't get to your rifle.

1 pitsol for when you can't get to your other pistol.

2 matching pistols so that you can look like a badass firing both at the same time.

And I could go on.
TheNarrator
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (ChuckRozool @ Feb 2 2006, 03:04 AM)

eek.gif

Variety is the spice of life, they say. wink.gif

I personally don't own any guns, but I know people who own a half-dozen or more firearms... it's not so crazy, all things considered. A pistol for general defense/back-up purposes, a shotgun, an old Russian sniper rifle kept for coolness factor, an old Springfield '06 kept for nostalgia purposes, a decent .30 for hunting and a .22 for small prey and can-plinking, a lever-action Marlin and lever-action Winchester that they refurbished... it adds up. And that's not considering bows, swords, knives and other non-gunpowder implements of destruction.

Some might say that the only difference between a collection and an arsenal is whether there's anyone you want to shoot at the moment. biggrin.gif
Grinder
You know, i'm from Germany and we don't ever see a gun and hardly know someone who owns one. So this whole topic is really fascinating to me. And i don'T feel un-safe without a gun wink.gif
nick012000
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (ChuckRozool @ Feb 1 2006, 11:13 PM)

The great thing about the Awakening is the ability to prove or disprove the validity of certain religious claims. The Aztechnology PR department is slick enough to convince people that Christianity is simply not the correct cosmological view.

Huitzilopochtli answers prayers far more often Jesus and Jehova ever did and you can talk to a Feathered Serpent in person. If Constantine could make Catholicism the official religion while outlawing the worship of the real gods without being overthrown then Azlan certainly can rectify that mistake.

The secularization of the world in the past few decades hit a hard blow against Christianity and the Roman Catholic Church in particular. The Awakening made things even worse. Christianity is really little more than a fringe cult again. Those that have any religious inclination at all find themselves drawn to the old ways which seem to actually work now.

There are Catholic 'terrorists' in Aztlan but far too few to actually cause any trouble.
Who would want to worship a 2000 year-old shedim-possessed corpse anyway?

Thing is, Christian preists got lots of miracles during the Awakening too, so the Awakening probably wouldn't hurt Christianity too much.
hyzmarca
Well, Germany doesn't have any happy slappers that I am aware of. Spend some time in the right parts England and you could certainly feel very unsafe without a gun. Unfortunatly, they won't let you have one there. sarcastic.gif
Grinder
There are some areas where everyone feels unsafe, but that's a problem of every bigger city. But i was talking more abut the average german wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (nick012000)
Thing is, Christian preists got lots of miracles during the Awakening too, so the Awakening probably wouldn't hurt Christianity too much.

But the Catholic Church need some more years to accept that.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
But would you agree that Mexico/Aztlan taking 1/2 of Texas is a pretty impossible feat.

Not at all. The part I think doesn't make sense is that they only got half.

As for the religion argument, keep in mind that this is in the middle of the largest series of faith-shaking events ever. I'm amazed non-fanatical religion still exists in the Sixth World, quite frankly.

~J
Critias
QUOTE (Grinder)

eek.gif

It's not a question of what you "need." It's a question of what you might someday need, but more importantly it's a question of what you want, and most importantly it's, of course, a question of what you can afford. wink.gif

Guns are, believe it or not, just like anything else. They can be a hobby, or a collection, just as easily as they can be an "arsenal." You buy one, you talk to other gun owners at the range, you see something cool at the gunshop, you notice the neat new toy the guy in the next lane has...maybe you get on-line and chat it up on some big forum, maybe you get a magazine every now and then. Hell, maybe you play RPGs or FPS video games, and get some cool ideas (like the WWII rifles you can buy for less than a hundred bucks, that are still in awesome shape and quite shootable).

Maybe you think about the different things you want a gun for. Practicing and everyday cheap-ammo plinking? Some little 22 semi-auto handgun. Concealed Carry? A whole range of 9mm or 45 (or larger, or smaller) for everyday carry (ranging from $200 to $2000 or more). Hunting? One gun for deer, a shotgun for ducks, a 22 long rifle for the kids rabbit hunting, a .223 for dad to varmint hunt with. SHTF scenario? Cheapie SKS, robust AK, accurate M4gery, classic .308. Then you get into shooting clubs or into a reactive target or 3-gun league, and gotta get your own "race gun" tweaked up rifle, shotgun, and pistol... and, of course, there's the Old West/Single-Action shooter guys, with matching pearl-handled revolvers, a nice lever action rifle, an old school shotgun...and...and...

See? It's quick and easy to get hooked.

Inside the next two years, in my home alone, I plan on having my Glock 19, a carbine that'll take the same magazines as that Glock 19, my old bolt-action 22 rifle, a handgun for my wife to plink with (22, same ammo), a shotgun for home defense, and a long gun (besides the alraedy mentioned pistol-ammo carbine), and that's not counting my bows. That's six, right there, and that's if I stop at one of each. And me? I'm just gettin' started at gun ownership.

And, hell, I'm not even a Texan. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
but I think membership in the NRA for more than 2 years makes you an honorary Texan.

As for myself, we so far have the above stated .22 semi-auto pistol for the wife and a small .9mm, as well as a nifty pump action .22 long rifle. We go out occassionally and perforate paper targets and execute the occasional snarky soda can. 'Cause someone's gotta do it. My reasons are simple. My grandpa was a rifle smith (on my Dad's side) , so that got passed down.

On my Mom's side, well, she grew up on an honest to goodness farm somewhere up in Oregon raising horses and edible animals. My Grandma kept a shotgun in the bathroom incase she saw a pheasant fly by. Swear to God. Thankfully they've come a long way since then, but I've got the gun thing on both sides. Dad's even in the NRA. Been to gun shows before. Have a bow, and a small knife collection.

But I was born and raised in California, now live in Utah, and not particularily militant (well, not at all really). Now my wife's family down in Texas.....

So yeah, I can see 8 guns, although I don't really see a need for that many.

Grinder: That help give you some insite into the warped family history of the American gun owner? biggrin.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Grinder)

eek.gif

Next you'll be doubting my collection of 6 swords.
Slump
I only want one gun. It's the Barret M82A1 -- a .50 calibur rifle. It can take down a buick (that's right, the car) at 1/2 a mile. Only 7 grand, plus $2.50 a shot. (all dollars US)
nick012000
Unless you pay out for the fancypants high explosive-incindiary-armor piercing rounds they were talking about in another thread on here.

Also, I hope you'll be taking down bucks with it, not Buicks (though it is more than capable of doing so). rotfl.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
I guess the thing that really miffed me was the thought of Aztlan holding half of my beloved town of Austin.

I wouldn't be too bothered. The Azzies got stopped at the river so all they got were the crappy low-rent housing south of it, that turned into a hotbed of anti-Azzie groups, and Texas/CAS got to keep the downtown and high value industrial areas north of it. Just think Berlin back during the Cold War with the I-35 bridge as the only link between the two halves standing in for Checkpoint Charlie. And with Aztlan kicked out of Denver it's become an espionage hotspot when a lot of agents moved south. Austin's also still the state capital although the politicians meet in the provisional capital of the Dallas/Fort Worth sprawl.

QUOTE (Ancient History)
By the time the Lone Star did get help from the CAS, they'd already lost sizable chunks of territory, and the territory was probably ceded to Aztlan in ensuing peace talks.

That's a point. Did it ever say if there was a concrete peace settlement/treaty? Or was it more a long term ceasefire, shades of North and South Korea?
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
That's a point. Did it ever say if there was a concrete peace settlement/treaty? Or was it more a long term ceasefire, shades of North and South Korea?

Can't remember anything concrete, but I think it's the latter. Barring any concrete information, if I ever get back to writing for this part of the SR world again, that's more or less what it's going to be.
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (Grinder)

eek.gif

oh i dont know lets see......

1 anti-tank rifle/mini gun
2 pistols (minimum)
1 SMG'
1 sniper rifle
1 carbine
1 assault rifle
1 machine gun

sounds like a decent mix for a ATV mounted operation
ChuckRozool
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Feb 2 2006, 03:48 PM)
I wouldn't be too bothered. The Azzies got stopped at the river so all they got were the crappy low-rent housing south of it, that turned into a hotbed of anti-Azzie groups, and Texas/CAS got to keep the downtown and high value industrial areas north of it. Just think Berlin back during the Cold War with the I-35 bridge as the only link between the two halves standing in for Checkpoint Charlie. And with Aztlan kicked out of Denver it's become an espionage hotspot when a lot of agents moved south. Austin's also still the state capital although the politicians meet in the provisional capital of the Dallas/Fort Worth sprawl.

Uh what about Zilker Park, all the nifty restraunts on Barton Springs, Threadgill's, all the nice little shops on S. Lamar, Kirby Lane, the Magnolia Cafe, Fran's Burgers, all the good to halfway decent mexican restraunts on South 1st, the nice shops on S. Congress, the Vulcan Video (or is it the I Love Video?), and all the small locally owned cafes and coffe shops, the C&S Bar, the Broken Spoke... the list could go on.

I think the Azzies got the better deal to honest.

Edit: and as far as the 8 guns to 1 person comment, I think that's ppl in general, it isn't excluding kids and such. So obviously there's a few ppl picking up the kids slack. When are those kids gonna get with the program and own their own guns? ohplease.gif
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Grinder)
You know, i'm from Germany and we don't ever see a gun and hardly know someone who owns one. So this whole topic is really fascinating to me. And i don'T feel un-safe without a gun wink.gif

Well I'm from the United States and there are guns everywhere. I don't think anyone feels safe here. wink.gif

-Frank
Grinder
Hmmm... maybe all of the guns in the hands of... ah eh, nevermind. biggrin.gif
Deamon_Knight
**sigh again**

Poor Poor nations w/o a Bill of Rights!

I'm not familiar with the Political architecture of the modern German State, so I will ask in all honestly, is there anything analogous to the US Bill of rights? If so, how often do you find yourself exercising those rights? Daily? Weekly? How many of those rights do you "need" to go about your daily business?

Better yet, how many people NEED to spend their leisure time playing and talking (Arguing?) about the nuances an imperfect game set in an implausably dark future?

Dangerous thoughts, about justifying need.
fistandantilus4.0
I once heard some story about Hitler sending some spies into America to see if it was possible to take it over. As the story goes, they came in from Texas, checked out the state for a few days, and left . They went and told Hitler that there was no way. 'Course, it was a Texan that told me that story, so draw your own conclusions.
Grinder
QUOTE (Deamon_Knight)
I'm not familiar with the Political architecture of the modern German State, so I will ask in all honestly, is there anything analogous to the US Bill of rights? If so, how often do you find yourself exercising those rights? Daily? Weekly? How many of those rights do you "need" to go about your daily business?

We have a similarity, called "Grundgesetz" (=basic constitutional law), which was installed in iirc 1949(1949 - obviously after WW2.
Remember that the german history is much longer than the US one and Germany had been diversed into several states for hundreds of years, so our two countries went a very different road.

And yes, all the rights granted by our Grundgesetz ared used daily, i.e. the freedom of speech.

mintcar
I'd be interested in hearing what norwegians think about what happened to their country wink.gif . In Shadowrun they're the cesspool of corruption and poverty in the Scandinavian Union. So filled with the worst possible meta-human scum, Sweden won't let them accross the border. And today it's top of the line in wellfare in the world, more or less. All that oil money. Man, today swedes move to norway to take shit jobs like cleaning fish or washing dishes because it pays better than proper jobs in sweden. Do norwegians mind us taking their jobs? No, they say; "we don't like those jobs anyway", because there's no unemployment to speak of either.

Norway's faith seems more degrading than Texa's. You should know that Sweden and Norway has a long standing rivality, and lot's of grim fighting, in history. Even though it's about 200 years ago now it still has some residue.
Deamon_Knight
I don't speak German Grinder so I'm not really prepared to dissect the language of your laws, but I am curious. Are you saying that German law guarantees the right to, speak? Essentially, to make noise in public? (Its the old, 'right to yell Fire in crowded theater' question.)
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Aztlan was part of the NAN because they classified Hispanics as Native Ameercians (which is technically acurate). If the USA decided to use th esame standards it is possible that every tejano was rounded up and put into a death camp, greatly reducing any loyality they they'd have toward Texas. Tenjanos fighting for Texas would be like Jews fighting for Nazi Germany.

a quarter of the people who died DEFENDING the Alamo originally against Santa Anna were hispanics.

Atlan was able to take part of Texas because Texa left the CAS. After Mexico handed them their heads, they begged for readmittance to the CAS and the sides balanced out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012