Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELLHOUND PUPPIES!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
emo samurai
There are people who read the novelization, too.
Azralon
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT @ Apr 4 2006, 05:10 PM)
But straight-out Animaniacs wannabes A) are going to piss the wrong people off eventually and B) are not going to get hired by any Johnson worth his suit.

Unless they're running some street level gangers. There's a gang from 3rd Edition New Seattle sourcebook if I recall correctly that are into the clown motif along with 'practical jokes'.

I see that gang as more for PC target practice than hireable shadowrunners. smile.gif

Unless their goofiness is a ruse to make people not take them seriously, and they're actually Tir Ghosts or something. In which case I'll question the inherent coolness of the Ghosts, of course.
James McMurray
Sniff! That was beautiful man! wink.gif
emo samurai
I think they were just trying to rip off the Clowns from Akira. Do people drag things along the road in RL bosozoku? That seems like a good way to throw off your balance and die.
Shadowmeet
QUOTE (emo samurai)
There are people who read the novelization, too.

The very fact that you said Novelization strikes me as very funny, as the novel came first.

Novelization is writing a novel after a movie or creating a novel about personal experience.

emo samurai
I was being sarcastic. I've read all 5 books.
James McMurray
Leave it to Adams to have a 5 book trilogy.
Shadowmeet
QUOTE (emo samurai)
I was being sarcastic. I've read all 5 books.

And I was just being Snarky. Forgive me.

emo samurai
Leave it to Adams to have a 5 book trilogy.

*Comic Book Guy Voice* I belieeeve that the correct wording is a "trilogy in five parts." Your lack of syntactical accuracy is highly indicative of an intellect that is very much lacking.
Dashifen
Well done.
James McMurray
duh. What'd he say?
hyzmarca
Force 12 Free Spirit #1: I'm Yakko
Force 12 Free Spirit #2: I'm Wakko
Force 12 Free Spirit #3: I'm Dot

Top three reasons why you should never do a run against Warner Brothers. Their Wealth Powers let them create giant anvils.
emo samurai
I was going more for a Terry Pratchett feel. Like, "The beetle spirit smashes its head up against your mana barrier like a frustrated middle schooler with a crush."
Dranem
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Your lack of syntactical accuracy is highly indicative of an intellect that is very much lacking.

Speaking of intellect that is very much lacking....
Kremlin KOA
splinter, log
fistandantilus4.0
Don't ruin Terry Pratchett for me. please

BTW, you never did tell us how old you are. biggrin.gif
Dranem
He never does in the other thread either.. (unless I just didn't follow it long enough) All I see is him snapping like a broken elastic, getting an actual kudos (that surprised me as anyone) and then him patting himself of the back for longer than warranted.
Note: Try not to give Emo compliments, it really goes to his head!
Kremlin KOA
Let's ignore the Canon in Para animals of NA that hellhounds are friendly and make good pets

or the little old lady that had one in awakenings
Dranem
Ignoring Canon is Emo's life long passion Kremlin, please don't encourage him, it'll only make it worse.
Kremlin KOA
funny.I was suggesting YOU were ignoring canon
Dranem
Umm.. ok, now you have me stumped.. just what are you refering to that I've said that's not cannon?
Kremlin KOA
Your suggesting hellhounds are restricted

and your belittling of a reasonable idea that has been in Canon for quite some time

note I am more accusing you of ignoring a piece of canon than creating a piece of non-canon
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
or the little old lady that had one in awakenings

That little old lady was my hero for the longest time
Kremlin KOA
made me want my own hellhound
fistandantilus4.0
I still want to know how old emo is. Just on principal now
NightHaunter
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Apr 5 2006, 01:30 PM)
I still want to know how old emo is. Just on principal now

Yeah me too!
I wasn't mockingly asking.
It's just some of emo's post are fine and well thought out, and others could well have come from the mind of a none too birght child.

And lets not get started on why samurai cannot be emos. biggrin.gif
Azralon
QUOTE (NightHaunter)
And lets not get started on why samurai cannot be emos.

I'm sure it makes sense in AnimeLand.

Nuts, and you had asked to not get started on that. Sorry there.
emo samurai
I'm 20.

And samurai are TOTALLY emo. They whine about death and the evanescence of life all the time when they're not killing each other over honor and intimidating unarmed peasants. Haven't you ever read Lone Wolf and Cub? Granted, I doubt any samurai has ever had the kind of body count that Ogami Itto did, but it was based on Tokugawa culture, if somewhat exaggeratedly.

I think that this game should be fun, and if you are being a dick about my ideas because "that's not what people do, it's not street level, blablabla I cut myself," then you're just being a dick. There's analyzing something to its logical end while keeping both pro and con stances in mind, and there's being a troll. Which Dranem is obviously doing, while trying desperately to maintain a now-thin veneer of pro-canon piety. Like a Mother Against Videogame Addiction and Violence, he is using a bullshit cause to advance his own ability to flame and generally be a bitch.

And that Comic Book Guy monologue was a JOKE. Hence the *. If anything would transmit sarcasm over the Internet, I would think that referencing Comic Book Guy within *'s would do it.

Speaking of a lack of intellect, I think that reeling away from the possibility of having a hellhound puppy simply because it's unorthodox or not macho or whatever stupid "gritty" bullshit you could come up with shows a lack of intellect, as oppposed to my suggesting something that, through about 5 seconds of thinking, is obviously very much plausible.

Dick.

Back to the subject of paracritter pets. Are there any other pets that have grown completely awesome after the Awakening?
Crusher Bob
Me thinks its times to drink. I've been gaming longer than Emo has been alive. wobble.gif
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
Me thinks its times to drink. I've been gaming longer than Emo has been alive. wobble.gif

there, there, we're not all perfect... nyahnyah.gif
Dissonance
Just a couple of thoughts, Emo. I don't mean to bash you on some of your ideas. Some of 'em are actually pretty neat. You're not the first person to want a hellhound puppy. And you're certainly not the first person to take the Superiorty Of Japan approach. In fact, I daresay that's an actual theme in Shadowrun, along with the 80s feel. There should be ninjas. There should be big hair. Hell, there should even be leopard print pants on your troll samurai.

It's just that the extent of the stuff you want to do, the sheer amount of conversion, and all that other jazz? I don't think I'm alone in thinking that you're trying to do something with SR that you really can't do within the scope of the given rules without some serious, 6-Million-Nyuen-Man conversion of the entire setting and rules.

I honestly think you'd be much happier with, like, an Exalted conversion or something. Any system that has rules for flipping out and killing armies of ninjas riding nazi dinosaurs. A system where the entire object of the game is to look more awesomer than everybody else. Seriously. You ought to consider flipping through a copy, some time. It's a really neat game.

Not that SR isn't. I know I've blown a wad and a half on sourcebooks and I've never even played on the tabletop scene, but only over the 'net. I'm just thinking that for the majority of your stuff you're proposing? You won't find much support on DS.

And I'm going to have to agree with some other folks. It'd really help if you'd keep your stuff all in one place.
emo samurai
Fire-breathing kittens! They would rock so much!
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Fire-breathing kittens! They would rock so much!

Okay, I know we're not supposed to encourage him, but while emo's ideas may be 100% bottled bedlam, he's having fun, and his zany ideas sometimes inspire me to come up with something else.
Dissonance
Fire breathing _viking_ kittens.
emo samurai
The kittens were a joke. But the hellhound puppies are 100% canon. And I'm using them.
Grinder
QUOTE (Dissonance)
Fire breathing _viking_ kittens.

Dikoted
Magus
Brother Grinder, I am ashamed of you. Turning agaist the holy drop bear and advocating Dikoted Fire Breathing Viking (sex) Kittens. You know the Vikings are the sworn ememies of the Holy Drop Bear!!
nezumi
After the awakening many cats learn how to use the can opener and door knob. At that point they stake out a claim in the NAN where they all live where ever the damn well please. They get into the clothes distribution industry for the express purpose of shedding all over the product. A few get people as servants and dress them up with little ribbons and the like.
emo samurai
That's when they don't sleep. And they're randomly playful and fearful of all contact with other living things.
Azralon
I still want to see what happens if we lock Emo and Boskop in the same room (perhaps with Jolt cola and a week's supply of Lucky Charms) and give them the task of creating a SR module.
Waltermandias
Have you all forgotten that kick ass critter from the Paranormal Animals of North America book? I forgot what it was called, but it was basically a house-cat that, when it attacked, cast an illusion on itself (comically an ideal image spell) that made it look like a giant cat of doom. It also had spells to blast it's physical stats up to match it's new form. Plus, it would sometimes grow attached to people and protect them. We had one following us around in a group once. We always kept lots of tuna around.
Waltermandias
Oh, and about Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy, I'm pretty sure it was a radio program before it was a book, so I don't think calling it a novelization is inappropriate.

As for people complaining about Senor Emo's posts, you can always choose not to read them. It says who started the thread right there, you certainly don't have to open it.
Azralon
QUOTE (Waltermandias)
As for people complaining about Senor Emo's posts, you can always choose not to read them. It says who started the thread right there, you certainly don't have to open it.

Word.
emo samurai
Maybe it's because I'm taking up valuable front page space. You know, maybe 3 or 4 slots out of 26. There's a possibility that on the 27th page there's the cure for cancer, and I've doomed millions with my wanton threadmongering.
James McMurray
Evil bastard!
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Waltermandias @ Apr 5 2006, 10:52 PM)
As for people complaining about Senor Emo's posts, you can always choose not to read them.

Even better: Don't answer them. grinbig.gif
Dashifen
QUOTE (Waltermandias @ Apr 5 2006, 03:49 PM)
Have you all forgotten that kick ass critter from the Paranormal Animals of North America book?  I forgot what it was called, but it was basically a house-cat that, when it attacked, cast an illusion on itself (comically an ideal image spell) that made it look like a giant cat of doom.  It also had spells to blast it's physical stats up to match it's new form.  Plus, it would sometimes grow attached to people and protect them.  We had one following us around in a group once.  We always kept lots of tuna around.

Blackberry Cat? ... or is that the one with Mind Control.
emo samurai
That cat is fucking awesome. I want it. In fact, I would be willing to kill for it. Even George Bush, or my mom.
Shrike30
Depending on your political stance, willingness to off the former may not be that impressive of a declaration nyahnyah.gif
Kremlin KOA
although as awakened kitties go these would be more fun to play with
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012