Full Version: Shadowrun videogame - Ads from E3
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
JongWK
Pic #1

Pic #2

Windows users, rejoice. cool.gif
FanGirl
That sammy in Pic 2 has horrible fashion sense, badass though he may be. Also, he's far too conspicuous, jumping in the air and yelling like that. I wouldn't want to run with him.
mmu1
Oh, god... Looks like they're actually basing the visuals on the book art. Let's hope it's just this ad, and the actual characters don't look like fucking idiots from an 80s music video.
Kagetenshi
I personally hope they do. Not just because I have fun with the look, but also because I think when taken to this extreme it won't sell with the general population and they can suffer for making a Windows-only (ok, we'll probably see an XBox port, but that is the exact opposite of improvement) game.

~J
Kremlin KOA
Microsoft should siffer yes
but SHadowrun benefits from peope playing a CRPG based on it
as that is how many players first discovered it

Myself included
Oracle
Fasa-Studio recently changed their page:

http://www.fasastudio.com/portal.htm

The Troll has got a...minigun! eek.gif

According to Krawall, a German gaming-page, the game will be developed exclusively for Windows Vista and therefore won't be available until 2007.
Austere Emancipator
What are the chances of that minigun functioning like an actual minigun, instead of the wound-up toy guns in canon SR3?
emo samurai
Depends on whether or not a troll uses it and has a gyromount.

As for the warrior: I am native american warrior hear me roar kekekeke!!!
Backgammon
If the SR game is dumb enough, many will buy it and a few will make the jump to our beloved PnP version, but we will hate it.

If the SR game is made right, we will love it but no one will buy it and no one will make the jump to PnP version.

So really, we have to take it on the chin, take one for the good of the team.
Austere Emancipator
The person using it is quite clearly a troll (or possibly a minotaur). I'm not quite sure why a 400+kg critter would need a gyromount for what amounts to a GPMG with 2x or 4x the cyclical RoF, and anyway miniguns tend to be represented as wound-up toy guns in all FPSs and RPGs regardless of who carries them or what they're mounted on.
Dale
If it's only for Vista and comes out in 2007 it won't make a dime.
Most Windows users, myself included, won't leave XP few a few years yet. At least.
emo samurai
I dunno; Baldur's Gate was an amazing game, and everyone bought it. I'm hoping this game will be like Baldur's Gate for Shadowrun, with an intricate plot, malleable NPC's and awesome fights.

In order to compete with Neverwinter Nights, they'll have to give it good graphics. And I doubt they'd just make it a Diablo clone if they're showing it at E3.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 8 2006, 03:02 PM)
If the SR game is dumb enough, many will buy it and a few will make the jump to our beloved PnP version, but we will hate it.

Emphasis on "few".
If the SR game is made right, we will love it but no one will buy it and no one will make the jump to PnP version.

This is the part where I call bullshit.
So really, we have to take it on the chin, take one for the good of the team.

No, we don't.

(Insert flamewar about quip about SR no longer being under development, anyway)

Also, that isn't a Troll. Trolls are about nine feet tall, not seven and a half to eight feet like the one in that picture is.

~J
Overwatch
Jong,

Do you have a source for those pictures? I'd love to include them in my Shadowrun Update , but I'll need a source before I can do that. Perhaps you took them yourself? DailyGame had a shot of the one ad board, so I'd say this counts as verification.

Well done. Lets hope the news we finaly do get from Microsoft is good. Stay frosty, chummers.
bustedkarma
Looks almost like a Tauren to me.

World of Shadowcraft for teh win.
Tanka
QUOTE (Oracle)
According to Krawall, a German gaming-page, the game will be developed exclusively for Windows Vista and therefore won't be available until 2007.

*twitch*

Vista? With all I'm reading about that hunk of junk, I may stick with XP until Microsoft finally gets it through their thick skulls that "more options and security = gooder" and minimizes the shit on the OS before I even contemplate trying it out.
mfb
personally, i can't wait for Vista. i want to see it turn my computer into a horrible explosion of screams and limbs when i try that neat-looking 3d rotate-and-minimize effect on a window running a next-gen PC game. i fully expect my video card to rip itself out of the case and kick me in the face before collapsing into a pile of gurgling ribs.
bclements
On the corporate end, I for one am looking forward to Vista (and the related server edition). I agree with everyone else on the personal side, though.

emo samurai
I hope it'll either be Elder Scrolls 2070 or Seattle's Gate. Neither is likely; they seem afraid of publicity for the game.

And when'll they show the damn game in video?
Voran
1) Hopefully however the game comes out, it'll allow model/skin editing so you can change the stock look.

2)Your point of view on your char will be close enough so you can actually admire what it looks like (Elder scrolls, etc).

Heh that samurai (adept maybe? Since no real visible cybergear) looks funny. No armored jacket, no smartlinked weapons, hehe.
mfb
you sure about that? if it's set in 2070, that belt across his chest could easily contain a commlink, and the rifle could use a skinlink for its smartlink.

you know, upon review of the above sentence, i have come to the conclusion that SR uses "link" in way too many damn words.
Kagetenshi
Or an induction pad.

~J
JongWK
QUOTE (bclements)
On the corporate end, I for one am looking forward to Vista (and the related server edition). I agree with everyone else on the personal side, though.

So our only solution is to play it at work? nyahnyah.gif
JongWK
QUOTE (Overwatch)
Jong,

Do you have a source for those pictures? I'd love to include them in my Shadowrun Update , but I'll need a source before I can do that. Perhaps you took them yourself? DailyGame had a shot of the one ad board, so I'd say this counts as verification.

Well done. Lets hope the news we finaly do get from Microsoft is good. Stay frosty, chummers.

Overwatch,

I got them from RPG.net, though I can't confirm their veracity. They do look legit enough to me, though.
bclements
QUOTE (JongWK)
QUOTE (bclements @ May 8 2006, 08:54 PM)

So our only solution is to play it at work? nyahnyah.gif

No, no. I would never advocate that. nyahnyah.gif

No, boss, that was just a Cisco popup. Yeah, Cisco, that's it.
Oracle
As far as I know the images are from http://www.firingsquad.com. They also announced further images to be posted soon.
DV8
I think I just came in my pants a little bit.
Sean Bad
QUOTE (Oracle)
Fasa-Studio recently changed their page:

http://www.fasastudio.com/portal.htm

The Troll has got a...miniguneek.gif

I understand that the silhouette has to be readable, but... It looks like the minigun is just glued to the back of his arm. indifferent.gif
hyzmarca
QUOTE (FanGirl)
That sammy in Pic 2 has horrible fashion sense, badass though he may be. Also, he's far too conspicuous, jumping in the air and yelling like that. I wouldn't want to run with him.

A native American with long hair and Rambo headband wielding a katana - this might be a good game after all.
ShadowDragon8685
Welcome to 2070.... 1980 sttyyylle!

No Thank You. I'd rather have my SR4 being 2070, not 1980 with cybertech and magic.
James McMurray
Interesting how they classify Sahdowrun as a cyberpunk game, completely ignoring the fantasy side of it.
Tanka
For those who don't know, Shadowrun is a cyberpunk RPG that heralds from the basement of some rank gamer's mom

Can I hunt this jackass down and stab him a few times, or would that just "solidify his opinion"?
James McMurray
If you want to hunt down and kill everyone that doesn't like the things you like, you'll be in for a looooong and bloody life.
Oracle
Possibly. But it would lead to liquifying him. That would be worth it.
James McMurray
Yeah, but it would solidify the views of anyone that agrees with him, and some of the folks that are on the fence with just a mild lean. The most emotionally charged and rationally minded discourse fails when accompanied by a beating.

Now if you could somehow manage to kill him but frame the opposition (perhaps the Cyberpunk 2020 crowd)...
emo samurai
Dude, that would eliminate all of Dumpshock.
Tanka
QUOTE (James McMurray)
If you want to hunt down and kill everyone that doesn't like the things you like, you'll be in for a looooong and bloody life.

Oh, it isn't a matter of "not liking what I like", if it was, then we'd definitely be talking in different terms.

It's a matter of "DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH, SLOB".
James McMurray
Where was SR conceived?
SL James
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Interesting how they classify Sahdowrun as a cyberpunk game, completely ignoring the fantasy side of it.

Especially since it barely meets the criteria for cyberpunk anymore.
mintcar
A trailer of the Shadowrun game was appearently shown a few minutes ago on the Microsoft press conference on E3. Gamespot.com will stream the conference in 20 minutes to all users, even the free accounts.
jklst14
They also confirmed it on both 360 and Windows Vista with release date targeted for January 2007
Oracle
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=E3+2...1112b9205814601

About the conference.

TheOneRonin
And all shall love it and despair.

Images
Oracle
http://www.shadowrun.com/

New content on the Fasastudios page!!!!
Kanada Ten
The year is 2021.
Overwatch
Yup, it's official, check out the shadowrun site now. I blogged about at Memepunks.

It seems like an updated version of Counterstrike. frown.gif Give it a read for yourselves.
bustedkarma
Quote from Palgn.com.au

12:34:
Shadowrun is now being shown, it's all computer generated but looks bloody great. It will be only on the Xbox 360 and the PC.

And after being on the site, I'm less than orgasmic about it.
JongWK
Complete setting revamp, it seems.
bustedkarma
Maybe a copyright issue between Fanpro/Wizkids and MSFT?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012