Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are we missing an errata?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
I'm also aware that someone who uses the grenade function, followed by firing a burst while unprepared, could very easily shoot the grenade.

..if shooting exactly the same point within a very short time - which is quite unlikely given recoil and normal use.

Can't argue with that.

QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
And the XM8 is, in turn, just the kinetic energy portion of the XM29 with a few tiny changes to allow for it to be effective as a mainline assault rifle on its own.

Which comes from the G36. So it's more accurate to say that the XM8 is basically a slightly modified G36 in a new casing.

Except the XM8 was also designed with a few other features that differentiate it from the G36, but not from the XM29. I'm too lazy to quote my own sources on this one.
FrankTrollman
The thing is, encumbrance rules are useless without weights.

And the encumberance rules are useless. Withor without weights. I just tracked across Europe carrying 30 kilograms of stuff in my hands for often hours at a time. I don't have anything close to human maximum strength, so the lifting rules are clearly FUBAR.

The lifting rules have always been FUBAR. Not just in every single edition of Shadowrun, but in every other game system I've ever seen. There has never been a game with realistic weights and measures an carrying capacity. There has never been a game that has successfully integrated the physical fact that there are a lot of people who can carry around 100 kilograms for a substantial period of time and yet even the strongest man is able to accelerate noticeably faster when not weighed down with even a single kilogram than he is with that extra liter of water.

And honestly, who cares?

Do we honestly need to have a half-way realistic carrying system? It seems not.

Now honestly I'd prefer it if we could have Trolls picking up and throwing people and motorcycles within the rules rather than relying on handwaving every time great strength comes into play. But seriously, it's a minor gripe.
James McMurray
I don't have anything close to human maximum strength, so the lifting rules are clearly FUBAR.

Would you have been able to hop, skip, and dodge bullets as well as you do when your hands are empty? The encumbrance rules (IIRC) do not say "5 x strength is your max." They instead apply penalties when you exceed that threshold.

And honestly, who cares?

A bunch of people.

Do we honestly need to have a half-way realistic carrying system?

We as in "you and I?" Nope. We as in "me and some other people on this thread?" Definitely.

But seriously, it's a minor gripe.

For some people it isn't minor. For others it is minor, but close enough to the top of the pile of little things to be mildly important.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012