Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are we missing an errata?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JonathanC
QUOTE (Critias)
So how often does it come up, really? Seriously. When was the last time a player said "Man, I wonder if I can carry two, or three, Steel Lynxes, and my scuba gear? And my trodes."

Honestly? Is it such an issue another set of poorly-thought-out "official" weights needs to be in the book, taking up space, causing a smaller type to be necessary, cluttering the tables up, and irritating us with it's laughable values?

If you feel it's all that necessary, why not just go in on your book, and scribble in some estimates, then pretend they were there when you bought it? You've got the weights you want, the rest of us don't have to worry about it, the devs don't have to waste time coming up with arbitrary numbers, everyone's happy.

If it never came up, I wouldn't have started a thread about it.

And yes, it is an issue. Why write rules for something that has no bearing on the rest of the info in the game? If they'd written a bunch of rules for firearms combat, and then forgotten to put any guns in the gear section, would you be okay with "common sensing" your way out of it? Just randomly guessing how much bullets hurt in a completely arbitrary system?
Critias
Okay, well, you go on and have fun, then, crossing your fingers, clicking your heels, and hoping for official weights. Me, I'm gonna go equip my characters with a reasonable amount of gear, and toss some dice. Have a good one.
RunnerPaul
Gunbattles occur much more frequently in this game than people trying to max their encumbrance. It's precisely because it's so rare that the SR4 devs left the question of item weights up to the individual GMs.
mintcar
QUOTE (lorechaser)
I think the developers took a look at a big stack of To Dos.

Cyberwear. Magic. Adepts. Weapons. Essence. Skills. On and on and on.

And they looked at one stack that said "Figure out the weights for everything in the book."

And John Q. Dev said "Hey, Bob, do you use encumberance rules?" "Huh? Encumberance? No way. I just do what makes sense." "Huh. What about weird stuff?" "Eh, I work it out on the fly." "Huh. Hey, Sue, do you use encumberance rules?" "Eh, I tried to. But it was a pain." "Huh. Hey, Willie the poolboy, do you use encumberance rules?" "I do." "How do you weight things like an MCT Steel Lynx?" "Well, first I downloaded 14 schematics of modern day robots. Then I extrapoloated the weights based on chemical and physical changes over technology. I adjusted based on this grid, which plots awkwardness versus arm length. Here, let me just print out the 38 page guide to robot weights for you..." "Um, no, that's okay."

And John took that last stack, and dropped it in the trash, and said "Let's make some more ways to put holes in people."

Rock on John. Rock on.

And Rock on lorechaser, as well!

I have at numerous times written down the weights of every single little thing in my character's inventory because the numbers always were there and the GM liked me being thorough. But I can honestly say that I have never ever referenced those numbers after I wrote them down. As a GM I have always ignored weights myself. I was surprised when weights were missing from SR4, but I was pleasently surprised. For exactly the reason lorechaser was, I see wink.gif.
JonathanC
QUOTE (Critias)
Okay, well, you go on and have fun, then, crossing your fingers, clicking your heels, and hoping for official weights. Me, I'm gonna go equip my characters with a reasonable amount of gear, and toss some dice. Have a good one.

What's reasonable? For the average gun-bunny, a pair of heavy pistols, a pair of light pistols, maybe a pair of SMGs, and an assault rifle, plus bullets for all of those guns? And naturally, they didn't put that much into strength. So adding all that up with armor, what would you say is needed to carry them around comfortably? Strength 3? 4? would you let them get away with a 2?
James McMurray
You forgot that he also needs gear for the other parts of the run. Maglock passkeys, a medkit, and his katana. Then on the way out the rigger's drone (pick one with a body greater than 1) gets shot up. It's not destroyed, so they want to carry it out and repair it later.
Critias
QUOTE (Critias)

For those that apparently misread the intent of this post, it is me gracefully bowing out of the conversation, before my knack at pushing buttons, and having my buttons pushed, derails it further. Kindly do me the favor of letting me do so, and stop talking to me. Have a good one.
Dissonance
You see, Critas' ban is that if somebody talks to him, he can't help but reply.

Wait.

Wrong game. Nevermind.
James McMurray
Yep, because Critias must have the last "button push" and then leave, trying to set it up so that anyone who replies is in the wrong. LOL. Bye!
hyzmarca
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
QUOTE (Demerzel)
So since uncompensated recoil from one hand affects the other hands shooting, does that mean that if a Panther AC has 1 point of recoil compensation that you can dual wield them with ambidexterity for no penalty?

Someone has to ask, because someone will ask these questions.

Recoil affects you, not the hand. Yes, recoil compensation that eliminates recoil modifiers from one weapon will make it so the other weapon is unaffected. So there will not be a recoil penalty on the off hand Panther AC. The ambidexterity quality will eliminate the off hand shooting penalty.

However you will still need to split your dice pool if firing both at once.

And as a matter of policy I would make sure to consider encumbrance rules, and tend to guess high, as the Panther AC is both heavy, and awkward to carry. These encumbrance dice pool modifiers would also apply to the dice pool for shooting.

Edit, Oh yes, Panther AC is not a Pistol/SMG class weapon which is a prerequisite for a second firearm.

Actually, since the Panther AC is Single Shot you can just fire one as a simple action and then fire the other as a simple action. You don't have to split dice pool or worry about the dual-weilding rules at all.

Just ignore encumberance.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (JonathanC)
Also, I don't think a RFID tag eraser would weight the same as a VHS tape bulk eraser. It's dealing with a much smaller object.

And just how did you come to that conclusion, given that the RFID Tag Eraser is one of those non-existant pieces of Shadowrun future tech, for which there's no readily available information owing to the lack of an offically published weight table?

Seems to me you already have a mental picture of what that item should weigh. Either you have absolutely no idea what these items weigh without that weight table, or you have a good enough concept in your head for what you think the items should weigh that you can tell someone else "No you've estimated that weight too high." You can't have it both ways.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
And just how did you come to that conclusion, given that the RFID Tag Eraser is one of those non-existant pieces of Shadowrun future tech, for which there's no readily available information owing to the lack of an offically published weight table?

You might want to do a quick search for 'RFID zapper'. Welcome to the future, punk. grinbig.gif
JonathanC
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Aug 24 2006, 01:12 PM)
Also, I don't think a RFID tag eraser would weight the same as a VHS tape bulk eraser. It's dealing with a much smaller object.

Seems to me you already have a mental picture of what that item should weigh. Either you have absolutely no idea what these items weigh without that weight table, or you have a good enough concept in your head for what you think the items should weigh that you can tell someone else "No you've estimated that weight too high." You can't have it both ways.

I don't know what it should weigh. I have a fairly good idea of what it shouldn't, though. Besides, they described what an RFID tag is and it's general dimensions fairly well. Now, the eraser could be anything from a credit card sized thing to something the size of a video cassette. who knows?
James McMurray
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Aug 24 2006, 01:12 PM)

You cannot go from "you estimated an eraser" to "you can estimate everything." It does not follow logically, unless "everything" is somehow a subset of "erasers." Since it's a superset, the inference is incorrect.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Demerzel @ Aug 24 2006, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Edit: To be honest, the way it looks, this is yet another item where to make it functional, you have to houserule it. Now, while I don't mind it, at times it does get annoying to have to go in and complete what the developpers didn't. That's not why I bought the game.

That's actually exactly why you bought the game:

No, the reason I bought this game was to have a complete or at least reasonably complete set of streamlined rules to play street-level games in. Instead, I bought a book with several major rules and even entire chapters (the entire Matrix section, the encumbrance rules, etc.) are not even close to complete. For the Matrix, this wasn't a problem, as we usually houserule it anyway. For something as simple as encumbrance, having the developpers not even attempt to do at least half the work is annoying. It's more like a suggestion than a rule with how the book is written.

The developers didn't make your character for you.

Actually, they've made two of my characters for me. I actually use the sample characters from time to time.

The developers didn't make all the runs for you.

But they do make some of them.

The developers didn't list for you all the exact responses to all the exact situations you will encounter.

Which has nothing to do with the actual ruleset, and thus is worthless as a reply.

Basically you bought the game to fill in what the devs didn't.  If you want what you say you want, then it's a MMORPG on a computer.  If you want a freeform game where ideas can be expressed in a flexibile structure, then this is a good choice of a game for you.

Okay, so let me get this straight: According to you, wanting a complete ruleset is wanting to play an MMORPG? So does that mean I should play DnD Online or World of Warcraft only if I want a medieval-style fantasy game? What I want isn't the bullshit strawman you posted.

Now, that aside, why the hell would liking a ruleset where my group doesn't have to go in and write around 30% of the rules that we use in every game mean that I would have to buy an MMORPG? Hell, SR managed to do it with the previous edition. Call of Cthulhu does it. Pretty much every game I can name, except SR4 and ones that are not serious attempts at games, have done it. With areas like encumbrance, it's like they basically said "We're too lazy to do our jobs, but we're still charging you money for it, so pay us and then finish what we started." While it's nice at times to have that level of involvement with a game, the fact is that I cannot sit down with SR4 and have a completely relaxed game and just play it RAW. I can do that with most of the games on the market, and with past editions of SR. Frankly, there's no excuse for some areas being incomplete.

Now, I'm not going to stop playing SR4. I happen to enjoy the game and the fact I can simply remove entire rules from some sections because of the lack of completeness. But, at the same time, it's frustrating to have to have the entire group sit down and write up a set of houserules just to play a B&E game.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Aug 24 2006, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Aug 24 2006, 12:41 PM)
That's because we have maps of where Redmond and Seattle are. They are readily available. What we *don't* have readily available is information on the weights and measures of non-existent technology given in metric measurements.

What piece of SR4 equipment is so farfetched, so alien to modern day existance, that you can't name a realworld equivalent and use that weight? (Nanopaste Trodes = Tube of toothpaste; Commlink = small cellphone; RFID Tag Eraser = VHS tape bulk eraser; and so on...)

The YSF, in in the light pistols section. There is no real-world equivolent to it that currently exists.

Also, there's problems with the XM30, the panther cannon, the Fichetti Pain Inducer, certain types of ammo, the entire section on clothing due to changes in materials, credsticks, most of the vision enhancing items due to changes in materials, and anything magical. Of those, you can extrapolate on some of the ammo, some of the clothing, the credsticks, certain vision items, and most of the magical items. The rest you cannot. They are based on technology or potentially involve materials for which there is no real-world equivolent to compare to.

Now, I will admit you may attempt to argue on the XM30. There were actual, working prototypes made of it and put through heavy testing. However, one of the reasons why the system was never adopted is weight. It simply weighed too much, and H&K couldn't get the weight down. The XM30 in the book is also a lot more modular than the real-world version. Considering those two items, the XM30 becomes impossible to extrapolate for, since its weight is based on the eventual weight of the weapon itself plus the weights of whatever modules the owner has. In addition, the SR4 version uses an entirely different electronics system than the one in real life, making it even harder to figure out the weight of. To get an idea of the difficulty this presents, this is like using the real-world XM30 to try to extrapolate what a XM8 is like on the battlefield.
Demerzel
Well, I for one am glad it's not there. I'm a GM not a computer. I'm not going to sit around and calc out everyone's excumberance every time they change gear. It's stupid. I'd much rather say list what you've got and just give out a BS answer without having to bust out Excel. PRGs are dataintensive enough as it is.

You say you need it to make the game playable? I say what makes this game playable is that it is not there.
James McMurray
There's absolutely nothing saying that if it were there you would have to use it, nor is it required to play the game. It does make some aspects of the game much simpler, and it's absence seems pretty silly given that they gave encumbrance rules for how much you can carry.
mfb
can i just take a moment to note the hilarity inherent in McMurray arguing against SR4, while Critias argues for it?

my two cents: it does seem pretty silly to include rules that use a stat that is not listed anywhere in the game. on the other hand, i haven't seen encumbrance rules in any game, ever, that aren't basically unusable. so it's not like SR4's behind the pack in that department.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Demerzel)
Well, I for one am glad it's not there. I'm a GM not a computer. I'm not going to sit around and calc out everyone's excumberance every time they change gear. It's stupid. I'd much rather say list what you've got and just give out a BS answer without having to bust out Excel. PRGs are dataintensive enough as it is.

You say you need it to make the game playable? I say what makes this game playable is that it is not there.

Which really doesn't work out. It's amazingly easy to ignore a single column in stats by accident. However, that doesn't mean that they should only do a small portion of the work and then use the lazy excuse of it being players complaining. Players are going to complain and houserule anyway.

Now, so that you can be lazy enough to not look at a single column and use it, every GM who wants to use that rule has to spend three to four hours (or more) doing weapons research and weight conversions, whereas before they just had to look at a column. Oh, and because some GMs will use the rules, this also means that if you are in a game that uses RAW, you must go and figure out the weight of your equipment by yourself. It's my understanding with the online games that, unless it states otherwise, it's RAW.
James McMurray
QUOTE (mfb)
i haven't seen encumbrance rules in any game, ever, that aren't basically unusable. so it's not like SR4's behind the pack in that department.

Huh? You mean you've never seen a game where knowing what something weighs was useful?

I got a reply to an email from FanPro basically saying that they might put a unified equipment list in Arsenal bt that it would not include weights. They did say that a fan submitted weight chart might be put online.

I've yet to receive a response for a question about the rationale behind giving a half-assed rule set. I phrased it a bit better than that of course. smile.gif
Smokeskin
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Now, I will admit you may attempt to argue on the XM30. There were actual, working prototypes made of it and put through heavy testing. However, one of the reasons why the system was never adopted is weight. It simply weighed too much, and H&K couldn't get the weight down. The XM30 in the book is also a lot more modular than the real-world version. Considering those two items, the XM30 becomes impossible to extrapolate for, since its weight is based on the eventual weight of the weapon itself plus the weights of whatever modules the owner has. In addition, the SR4 version uses an entirely different electronics system than the one in real life, making it even harder to figure out the weight of. To get an idea of the difficulty this presents, this is like using the real-world XM30 to try to extrapolate what a XM8 is like on the battlefield.

You got some things mixed up. The SR4 XM30 is just a standard assault rifle with some modular options. It looks almost like the current and ongoing RL XM8 program except that the XM30 has become bull-pup. They have almost the exact same modular options, like configured for sharpshooter, automatic rifle, compact, an underbarrel grenade launcher etc.

The system that was scrapped was the XM29. It was radically different, more like a large grenade launcher with an underbarrel carbine. It didn't have any modular options AFAIK. There is nothing in SR that resembles the XM29.
mfb
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Huh? You mean you've never seen a game where knowing what something weighs was useful?

well, no. i meant more that i've never seen a ruleset for defining how much material a character can pack, in general, that i find usable. how much gear, i mean. how many clips, how many hidden guns, etcetera. rules for actually picking stuff up with your arms and hauling it around, sure--those are easy (as long as you include a weight chart). rules for packing stuff into your many pockets, less so.

speak of arrrrgh my eyes, why is there a production assault rifle named the XM-30? the X is used to indicate "eXperimental", ie "not in production". grumble grumble bitch bitch.
James McMurray
I agree on the pockets issue. There have been several systems that attempt to more stringently define how much containers can carry in volume and weight. Some have worked better than others. But I don't think I've ever seen a "you can carry 14 hidden guns" because that's inferrable from gun sizes and weight if those are defined well enough.

why is there a production assault rifle named the XM-30?

Because FanPro's SR4 team loves to abuse your delicate sensibilities? wink.gif
mfb
they do love the abuse.
Demonseed Elite
*fires off an e-mail to have the Arsenal team rename all guns with an X prefix*

biggrin.gif
SL James
QUOTE (mfb)
they do love the abuse.

They hit you because they love you.
Smokeskin
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Aug 25 2006, 05:57 PM)
*fires off an e-mail to have the Arsenal team rename all guns with an X prefix*

biggrin.gif

Well, you can't really get away from the XM30, so make up fluff. Xs are cool, that's why game designers name them like that. So guns with Xs sell more. When HK put up their stock of prototypes for sale and received more orders than for the actual production rifles , some marketing wizkid decided to rename the entire series XM30 to great effect. The trend spread through-out the industry, and is now a standard business school example - name your actual products like cool and hyped prototypes to boost sales.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Smokeskin)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril @ Aug 25 2006, 12:15 AM)

You got some things mixed up. The SR4 XM30 is just a standard assault rifle with some modular options. It looks almost like the current and ongoing RL XM8 program except that the XM30 has become bull-pup. They have almost the exact same modular options, like configured for sharpshooter, automatic rifle, compact, an underbarrel grenade launcher etc.

Yeah, I did mix them up. Which isn't that difficult, since they look very similar and use the exact same design philosophy.

http://www.hkpro.com/oicw.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...ground/oicw.htm

For reference. The weapon was intended to at least be partially modular, if not to the capacity that the XM30 is.

Oh, and interestingly, here's a bit of news about the XM8:

http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM8
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...und/m8-oicw.htm

So, there's actually no ongoing XM8 weapon program. I actually didn't know this before today.

The system that was scrapped was the XM29. It was radically different, more like a large grenade launcher with an underbarrel carbine. It didn't have any modular options AFAIK. There is nothing in SR that resembles the XM29.

Except the XM30, of course.
Lagomorph
My interpretation of the encumbrance rule was for picking up one large object. Like a rock. or a meta, or a car. Which are things they wouldn't list weights for anyway. The entire theme I got from SR4 is of doing away with mindless bookkeeping. Weights and encumbrance to me fall very squarely into the mindless bookkeeping category. OTOH if some troll wanted to lift the back of a car up to prevent it from getting away, I'd give him some encumbrance penalties.

Also, the body attribute on vehicles is now changed to be on the same scale as metas. That means for body 0-6 vehicles, you can reasonably say that they have a weight range as much as people do. If your troll can lift a body 6 human, he could most likely lift a body 6 subcompact.
LilithTaveril
Except, the weight difference between a human and a subcompact is usually several hundred pounds.
Lagomorph
I'm sure the Futuristic Materials hand wave can cover that, as has been used (to death) already in this thread.
LilithTaveril
Unless it's Godmodium or Ubercite (or the size of a clown car), it's probably going to way far more than a metahuman. Body is not an indication of just weight.
James McMurray
Lagomorph: Is that correlation something you read or something you assume?
LilithTaveril
Well, I guess I could have assumed the paragraph on page 61 had actual, in-game relevance and would be paid attention to by the game designers and be important to the people playing the game.
James McMurray
Sorry, we cross posted. My post was a response to Lagomorph, not you. I fully agree that body != weight. Thanks for upping the smarm factor though. wink.gif
LilithTaveril
Oops. rotfl.gif
lorechaser
Much as I might get mobbed for saying it, I like the way d20 modern/future handles carrying capacity.

You have item sizes. Each item is, in theory, twice as big as the next.

So one medium item == two small items == four tiny items, etc.

And items are typically listed as being able to carry two small items, or one small item, or...

It makes a fairly quick way to check carrying capacity.

They do have weights and such, but I never really paid attention to them, except in terms of large items.
ronin3338
Hmph... I actually kind of liked the old Car Wars way of doing it.

I am in the middle ground here. I wouldn't mind seeing "official" weights, but it would have to include some sort of measurement of bulk as well (like the CF from SR3 Rigger Black Book?)
However, not having it doesn't really disrupt my game. If someone wants to pick up a drone, we've already talked about how big it is, etc. so I either have him make a ST roll or get help from another PC. The way we play is with less mechanics, so it's not suitable for everyone.
Union Jane
I also found the lack of weights rather absurd. This is a game about gear. If we were playing in, say, an American Wild West campaign, it might not matter so much, eh? Strap on a couple of six-guns and we're all cheery.

But again, this is a game about gear. Bullets are quite heavy, and most runners carry many. If you've ever been in the military and tromped round with a 20-kilo rucksack on your shoulders, you'd realise the need for a listing of weights. Gear gets heavy fast.

The fact that Shadowrun does not list the weight of its weapons is a gross oversight.
Shrike30
Even having a basic guideline (rifles weigh approximately X, hold-outs weigh approximately X, 100 rounds of ammunition weigh approximately X, the various types of body armor weigh approximately X, X, and X...) would be good. CP2020 had a system like this, where they basically said "The following items weigh roughly 0.5 kilos apiece, the following items weigh roughly 1 kilo apiece, etc...". If you wanted to bother figuring it out, you could. If you didn't care, there wasn't a lot of effort wasted on it.

On a related note, if anyone's curious, I could scrounge together (probably with the help of some of the other guys around here) a suggested weights table along those lines.
Smokeskin
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)

Look, the XM29 is radically different. If the XM30 inr SR4 had a 1,000 meter range airburst grenade launcher and an underbarrel SMG (which is how SR4 treats compact carbines), it would be the same weapon. But the XM30 in SR4 is just a regular assault rifle with a regular grenade launcher.
Critias
If I had a 1,000 meter range airburst grenade launcher and an underbarrel SMG, I'd use my powers for good. Promise.
knasser

What a lot of sniping and so little useful information. Clearly a number of us do want some official help on this. So whilst pinning our hopes on Arsenal, maybe we can thrash something out in the meantime. Also a chance for all you gun-freaks who keep saying how common sense all this is, to show off your knowledge and share it with the rest of us.

New thread (no flames please) here.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Smokeskin)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril @ Aug 25 2006, 07:00 PM)

Look, the XM29 is radically different. If the XM30 inr SR4 had a 1,000 meter range airburst grenade launcher and an underbarrel SMG (which is how SR4 treats compact carbines), it would be the same weapon. But the XM30 in SR4 is just a regular assault rifle with a regular grenade launcher.

Which is based on what, exactly? In most of the weapons with grenade launchers, we can find some info on where in the weapon the grenade launcher is. Not so in this case.

I want links. I want quotes. I want actual evidence to support what you're saying.
Rotbart van Dainig
Take a look at p. 308 - it's a vector image so feel free to zoom in.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
Take a look at p. 308 - it's a vector image so feel free to zoom in.

Okay, so they fixed their earlier stupidity of having the grenade launcher above the bullet barrel. But, still, same barrel design, and nothing to say they wouldn't have gone this route anyway. It's just a complete version of the XM29 with a few tech updates.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Okay, so they fixed their earlier stupidity of having the grenade launcher above the bullet barrel.

..you are aware that this 'stupidity' is the main design of the weapon and necessary to use precision grenades?

QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
But, still, same barrel design, and nothing to say they wouldn't have gone this route anyway. It's just a complete version of the XM29 with a few tech updates.

No. It's a bullpup version of the XM8, both in external and modular design.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Okay, so they fixed their earlier stupidity of having the grenade launcher above the bullet barrel.

..you are aware that this 'stupidity' is the main design of the weapon and necessary to use precision grenades?

I'm also aware that someone who uses the grenade function, followed by firing a burst while unprepared, could very easily shoot the grenade. While necessary to the function of the gun, it presents issues when soldiers are forced to fight alone. Admittedly, the weight of the prototypes did a lot to alleviate this problem, but weight reductions were necessary for the final product.

I'll admit I could just be full of shit on this one. Just saying it based on the knowledge I have of the weapon.

QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
But, still, same barrel design, and nothing to say they wouldn't have gone this route anyway. It's just a complete version of the XM29 with a few tech updates.

No. It's a bullpup version of the XM8, both in external and modular design.

And the XM8 is, in turn, just the kinetic energy portion of the XM29 with a few tiny changes to allow for it to be effective as a mainline assault rifle on its own.

http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
I'm also aware that someone who uses the grenade function, followed by firing a burst while unprepared, could very easily shoot the grenade.

..if shooting exactly the same point within a very short time - which is quite unlikely given recoil and normal use.

QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
And the XM8 is, in turn, just the kinetic energy portion of the XM29 with a few tiny changes to allow for it to be effective as a mainline assault rifle on its own.

Which comes from the G36. So it's more accurate to say that the XM8 is basically a slightly modified G36 in a new casing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012