Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BOOO Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Smed
American beer can be good, if you stick to whatever microbrew is made locally and avoid the national brands. I live ins a small town in western North Carolina, and there are 4-5 local microbreweries that make some really great beer.
Fortune
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest)
BBBOOOOO!!!!! for toronto being in the UCAS

Where else would, or should it be?
Trax
Lack of flying cars for everyone despite them often being in the artwork.

BOOOOOO!

It's the future, where's my fragging flying car?

Also, BOOOO on having barely anything from Canada remaining to join the UCAS. You might as well have killed us off completely.
Ben
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (Butterblume @ Nov 7 2006, 08:13 PM)
The german purity law is a good thing (wow, in english that sounds religious instead of bureaucratic).

love.gif True spoken, Brother. love.gif

[bad taste on]
rathers sounds like a whiff of 1933 to me wink.gif
[bad taste off]
Ben
QUOTE (Trax)
Also, BOOOO on having barely anything from Canada remaining to join the UCAS. You might as well have killed us off completely.

there's Free Quebec, and that's all that counts cool.gif
PlatonicPimp
No rules for limb loss despite being one of the few genres where replacement parts are common place. BOOO!

Technomancers having a biological radio broadcasting organ, but not standing out with a simple X-ray. BOOO!

The Renraku Arcology only getting a paragraph at most in runner havens, and that being to inform us that it's a public housing project instead of a giant, abandoned haunted arcology. BOOOO!

Combat and athletic skills costing .5 magic to get an adept boost in, but social skills costing .25. BOOOO!

Art showing trolls with guns that have tank round calibers, but rules that say that troll guns are the same size as anyone else's. BOOOO!

Matrix tests violating the "Stat+Skill" mechanic. the vagueness of the wireless world chapter. The wireless update book coming out last. BOO! BOO! BOOOO!

Hardcover Books! BOOO!

I tried not to cover anything someone else already did. (Here)

FlakJacket
The original London sourcebook. BOOOOO!
Kyoto Kid
...Several Booos here

...No Formfit Armour in the 4th ed BBB equipment list even though it is mentioned in the Tir Ghosts description

...the fact that Tir Ghosts are still around in 2070 (I thought the Council of Paranoid Princes was replaced by an elected government)

...phobias not included in Bad Qualities

...Technomancers (& their predecessors Otaku in previous editions)

...GDs & IEs (in all editions)

...convoluted decking rules in previous editions

...anyone (even a Mage or Adept) can now be a hacker (decker) in 4th ed

...no more mention of Nerps

Fortune
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...the fact that Tir Ghosts are still around in 2070 (I thought the Council of Paranoid Princes was replaced by an elected government)

Ghosts are the Tir's Peace Force (Police/Military). I think you are thinking about the Paladins. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...anyone (even a Mage or Adept) can now be a hacker (decker) in 4th ed

Especially an Adept, who can easily out-perform the Hacker at his own game. frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Racist not in negative qualities. So much for "dystopian"
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Racist not in negative qualities. So much for "dystopian"

That I wouldn't mind seeing ... but then again there are quite a few character trait-type things that could technically be called Qualities. Where do you draw the line?
fistandantilus4.0
When you have a moderate to extreme racist streak against trolls, I would give you points. Same for humans.
PlatonicPimp
Feh.

Roleplaying-only disadvantages shouldn't give you points. You should instead tell your gamemaster you have said flaw, and he should give you bonus roleplaying Karma when you actually play it, especially to your own detriment.
Ben
QUOTE (PlatonicPimp)
Feh.

Roleplaying-only disadvantages shouldn't give you points. You should instead tell your gamemaster you have said flaw, and he should give you bonus roleplaying Karma when you actually play it, especially to your own detriment.

actually, if you've got a "quality" that requires you to machinegun the hell out of every troll you see, I say it's pretty much the same as a "quality" which requires you to get your fix of Bliss five to six times a week
PlatonicPimp
Except that there are ways to rules quantify exactly what happens to you if you fail to get your rix. There's no way to make any quantifiable rules about how racist you are.
Triggerz
QUOTE (Ben)
QUOTE (Trax @ Nov 7 2006, 07:41 PM)

there's Free Quebec, and that's all that counts cool.gif

FanPro failing to make Quebec independent in 2000 to keep real-life history in line with SR history. BOOOO!!! nyahnyah.gif (Not that I want an independent Quebec though, unless the west keeps voting for Harper. ohplease.gif )
Jaid
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
no more mention of Nerps

agreed, BOOOOO!!!!!

also, there's only weights listed for one fragging thing in the entire gear section of SR4... and it's ridiculous! BOOOOO!!!! (see page 314 for details)

the complete disappearance of all the old SR slang: BOOOOO!!!! (i happen to miss deckers, in particular... i can sorta understand why they switched to real swear words, though i prefer the old SR slang versions of those too, but i don't see why the rest of the language needs to be removed... )
Garrowolf
I have a lot of booos but I fixed them all in my house rules so .....
Grinder
QUOTE (mintcar)
All beer is good beer, and Belgium has some great ones. Better yet they really know beer there, I mean all kinds of beer. When I lived in Cork for a while I frequented a Belgian pub and they had several thousand brands from all over the world, just none of the big ones nyahnyah.gif. And it wasn't just any brands, just quality stuff and everything you tried was an interesting new taste. Speaking of Cork... Irish stout, mmmmmmmmm. But German beer is rock solid, for sure. I wouldn't mind them bringing it.

You're swedish to the core, I see. biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...No Formfit Armour in the 4th ed BBB equipment list even though it is mentioned in the Tir Ghosts description

We can still hope for Arsenal...
mintcar
QUOTE (Grinder @ Nov 8 2006, 04:33 AM)
QUOTE (mintcar @ Nov 8 2006, 12:47 AM)
All beer is good beer, and Belgium has some great ones. Better yet they really know beer there, I mean all kinds of beer. When I lived in Cork for a while I frequented a Belgian pub and they had several thousand brands from all over the world, just none of the big ones nyahnyah.gif. And it wasn't just any brands, just quality stuff and everything you tried was an interesting new taste. Speaking of Cork... Irish stout, mmmmmmmmm. But German beer is rock solid, for sure. I wouldn't mind them bringing it.

You're swedish to the core, I see. biggrin.gif

Nah, I'm pretty metropolitan by Swedish standards. The hardcore swede doesn't know one beer from another and prefers grogg made from moonshine and cheap softdrinks. biggrin.gif

(I believe that Europe is traditionally devided into different belts depending on drinking habits. There's a beer belt (Germany, Czech Republic) a wine belt (Spain, France) and a booze belt (Finland, Russia... and Sweden. That's not quiet as true as it used to be but it's still noticable in the countryside)
eidolon
Ooh! I'll jump on some of those!

No NERPS: BOOOOOOOOOOO!
No SR slang: BOOOOOOOOO!
RL slang in SR: BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good ones.

QUOTE (Ben)
actually, if you've got a "quality" that requires you to machinegun the hell out of every troll you see, I say it's pretty much the same as a "quality" which requires you to get your fix of Bliss five to six times a week

That's just it though. As a quality/perk/flaw shouldn't grant you points for a character trait, neither should it enforce how you play said character. IMO, just about the worst flaw in SR3 was Vindictive, because people play it as if it said "flip out and kill people if they tell a momma joke".

I disagree that an addiction is the same. Addiction does dictate how someone acts, to a degree. Look at any junkie that's willing to do anything to score.
Grinder
QUOTE (mintcar)
Nah, I'm pretty metropolitan by Swedish standards. The hardcore swede doesn't know one beer from another and prefers grogg made from moonshine and cheap softdrinks. biggrin.gif

All swedish guys (and girls too) I met loved german beer and were excited about the low price here smile.gif
But well, back home they might drink other stuff.
mintcar
You're right, off course. We love all kinds of alcoholic beverage, and we pay through the nose because of the penalty tax. But the drink that is closest to the core of the swedish being is still the schnaps. smile.gif (By tradition, and that's what we go by when making humorous remarks about people's nationality, isn't it wink.gif Sweden doesn't have a holliday dedicated to beer drinking, and Germany doesn't have the tradition to drink shots of pure liqour to their dinner while praising the alcohol with silly songs; that's the difference.)
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Nov 8 2006, 12:51 PM)
...the fact that Tir Ghosts are still around  in 2070 (I thought the Council of Paranoid Princes was replaced by an elected government)

Ghosts are the Tir's Peace Force (Police/Military). I think you are thinking about the Paladins. wink.gif

...The Ghosts however were kind of the "00" agents under the old TT and used to advance the council's paranoid interests outside the borders. With the Council gone and the TT in the midst of a political "about face", I would think their welcome would have worn out.
Draconis
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Nov 8 2006, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Nov 8 2006, 12:51 PM)
...the fact that Tir Ghosts are still around  in 2070 (I thought the Council of Paranoid Princes was replaced by an elected government)

...The Ghosts however were kind of the "00" agents under the old TT and used to advance the council's paranoid interests outside the borders. With the Council gone and the TT in the midst of a political "about face", I would think their welcome would have worn out.

Doubtful, they're just too valuable. Also it was the council calling the shots I don't see why anyone else has to pay, well as long as they play by the new rules that is.
Besides what would you replace them with?
Mistwalker
I too think the Paladins are still around. Maybe with a little less influence, maybe not.

It would sorta be like disbanding the a branch of the US Special Forces because the government changed.
DragginSPADE
Deckers now being called Hackers: BOOO!

All the cool variants of Hermetic Magic from SOTA:2064 getting ignored in Street Magic: BOOOO!

SURGE: BOOOO!

Every attempt at vehicle combat rules made since the BBB of SR2: BOOO!
Draconis
QUOTE (DragginSPADE @ Nov 8 2006, 04:41 PM)

All the cool variants of Hermetic Magic from SOTA:2064 getting ignored in Street Magic: BOOOO!

SURGE:  BOOOO!

Uh they don't have decks anymore. What would you call them? Deckless? biggrin.gif

Well I can see the variants being shelved. I mean with a new edition you want to go with the basics first or just make it so the rules provide the opportunity to create the variants yourself.

Bah SURGE is good, we have trolls and orks walking around already why not even odder stuff?
Of course I'm a big proponent of the Catgirl stripper. Mmmm catgirl strippers... ahem.

Uh the vehicle thing I have to agree with you on. wink.gif
ChicagosFinest
Who wrote that peice of catgirl stripper peice in YotC? It was some funny but disturbing ish.
lorechaser
Only having two books out: BOOOO!

No inclusion of Immortal Orks: BOOOOO!

Lack of prices/availability for street drugs: BOOOOOOOOO!

Only playing SR once every two weeks: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
lorechaser
QUOTE (DragginSPADE)

SURGE: BOOOO!

Deckers being called Hackers, and no longer having cool, naked brain jacking: BOOOO@

However, Synner has suggested he's working on a web expansion for SM that will include the SotA variants!
ChicagosFinest
QUOTE (lorechaser @ Nov 8 2006, 12:42 PM)

No inclusion of Immortal Orks: BOOOOO!

Lack of prices/availability for street drugs: BOOOOOOOOO!

Only playing SR once every two weeks: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

TRY not being able to play at all while being in FanPros back yard and being teased on this forum by all you hardcore runners until you get your own group! BBBBBBBOOOOOOO (with a TRIPPLE HISS)!!

Being able to play 1 every 2 weeks DOUBLE BBBBBOOOOO (HISSS HISSS)!

Only 2 books out TRIPPLE BBBBBBBOOOOOO!!!!! (I would have at least liked to see 3 or 4 out that way they could have weeded (errr smoked out) weaker plotlines in favor for the new ones they were planting the seeds for.

I do want to add one thing though that will break the mold of this post Runner Havens overall gets a Little John YYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH (with a SKEET SKEET SKEET)!
fool
hacking rulwes that break the mold and are impossible to follow.
DragginSPADE
QUOTE (lorechaser)

Three actually, but that one's still a big BOOOOOO!
Fortune
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...The Ghosts however were kind of the "00" agents under the old TT and used to advance the council's paranoid interests outside the borders.

I still think you are over-generalizing when it comes to the Ghosts. Not every one of them was James Blond. They are more of a millitary force than an assassin's guild (but of course the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive).
Fortune
QUOTE (DragginSPADE)
Three actually ...

Four, if you count the GM Screen. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Why not, it had a book.

I like my GM screen, it's made of tought stuff my two year old can't tear.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Draconis)
Doubtful, they're just too valuable. Also it was the council calling the shots I don't see why anyone else has to pay, well as long as they play by the new rules that is.   
Besides what would you replace them with?

...with so much to fix in the broken down Land of Promise I really don't see the new TT government spending a lot of effort and resources on what were primarily extraterritorial operatives.

Of course, when more of TT canon is released in future source books, I could be proven totally wrong again - just as I was when I wrote up the elven nation right after the 2nd ed BBB was released for the campaign I was running. Later, came the sourcebook & with it a complete trashing of the setting I had. (BTW I live in Portland & have for some time - ain't no fraggin wall here & OMSI moved off the hill more than 10 years ago)

Oh, and the TT Sourcebook (& the Council of Twits) - Big Bada Booooooooo!
fistandantilus4.0
I could see them doing it because they're getting stronger and stronger neighbors in the native lands, that they're really torqued off a few decades ago, not to mention the people they pissed off down south. Well, really, they've pissed everyone off. it's easier to support a special ops group that keeps areas destabilized and can make surgical attacks than supporting a large standing army.

I lived in Portland when I was a kid, still have family in the area. i always had trouble seeing it the way it's described.
eidolon
I like my GM screen, it's made of tought stuff my two year old can't tear.

That's actually...really impressive. Is it that plasticard stuff?
fistandantilus4.0
Yup. And believe me, the kid tried. Just grabbed the thing, wedged an edge under a chair, twisted, and took off.

I shouldn't laugh so much when my own son falls on his butt.
Grinder
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
Oh, and the TT Sourcebook (& the Council of Twits) - Big Bada Booooooooo!

But... but.. it was written by him, Nigel Findley!
Grinder
I could see them doing it because they're getting stronger and stronger neighbors in the native lands, that they're really torqued off a few decades ago, not to mention the people they pissed off down south.

I don't think that California is much of a threat. Wait, Pueblo controls LA and the surrounding area... ok, I might be wrong with my first statement.

*moves away*
ChicagosFinest
BBBBBBOOOOOO Cali getting carved up and the earthquakes putting San Diego into the ocean. San Diego was an awesome place to visit. Can't wait to see L.A, Crenshaw, and Compton
Draconis
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest @ Nov 8 2006, 10:53 PM)
BBBBBBOOOOOO Cali getting carved up and the earthquakes putting San Diego into the ocean.  San Diego was an awesome place to visit.  Can't wait to see L.A, Crenshaw, and Compton

I thought that one was too obvious to say anything about.

BOOOOO contrived metaplots. Or did I already mention that?
Fortune
I think this thread has long since passed its use-by date. ohplease.gif
ChicagosFinest
LOL. You think?
Jaid
QUOTE (Draconis)
Uh they don't have decks anymore. What would you call them? Deckless? biggrin.gif

[...]

Of course I'm a big proponent of the Catgirl stripper. Mmmm catgirl strippers... ahem.

well, you could do something radical, do a find-replace type thing, and put the word "cyberdeck" everywhere you see the word "commlink. (imo, that would be better too, for abbreviation purposes. after all, if i say the word deck in SR, everyone knows what i'm talking about pretty much. if i say the word link, you've got about 50 billion options... you can add the word link onto just about anything and come up with a device in SR these days...

as far as catgirls, i'm gonna have to paraphrase the wizards boards on this one...

consider:

petting a cat feels good.

petting a girl feels good.

petting a catgirl would feel really good wink.gif biggrin.gif nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012