Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BOOO Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Glyph
Skill and Attribute hard caps that you can reach at char-gen: Boooo!!

Every alternate future will have wtf? stuff like native Americans taking over half the country, and I can live with simple impausiblities. But SR's racist portrayal of the Japanese, a mix of 80's phobia of their economic success, combined with implausibly regressing them to their pre-WWII militancy? Major Boooooo!!

On that subject, taking future Japan and a mysterious elven nation... and then making them fascist police states that are all but unplayable in: Boooo!!

Saying that hackers can hack someone's cyberware, but not giving any specific examples of what they can do with it? Boooo!!
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (eidolon)
Are you kidding? Man, never play in my games. You'd beat me with a BBB over how little I actually consider "canon" to matter in some areas. smile.gif

Oh I pick and choose canon for my games as well, but fanpro is treating a world changing event like it wasn't a big deal. It'd be like re-writing history books to say "During WWII the Nazi party killed a few Jews." or like the tv news reporting contact with an ET with a blurb of "oh and some guys talked to an alien today" between the segments on the state spelling bee champ and an american idol update!

I think SURGE is silly, but I'm not the only one who plays this game. Alot of people liked it, and the rules should be there for them because the whole point is to have fun right?

So...
SURGE. BOOOO!
Fanpro backing down after coming up with something stupid. BOOOO!

Maybe we could get a PDF of optional SURGE rules on the SR site if a certain admin is reading this? grinbig.gif
toturi
For all the Boos!: Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes! Raargh! biggrin.gif

BOOO!
Magus
Not enough mention of Drop Bears BOOOOOOO!
Totally scaring my players with the Spirit Stats prior to errata!! Booo!
Draconis
People bitching about SURGE BOOO!

Inconsistency BOOOOO!

People who dis catgirls BOOOOOO!
Eben McKay
Magic overtaking tech BOO!

Cyberlimb augmentation rules BOOO!

No player in his right mind learning the Fireball spell BOOOOO! (I know this isn't new to this edition, but still)

Vagueness in rulings as to what constitutes a dice bonus versus what constitutes a skill/attribute bonus, and the problem of which ones to apply toward the augmented maximum BOOOO!

The existence of an augmented maximum BOOOO!

The previous mentioned point meaning I can no longer have a cyberzombie who's strong enough to tear the engine block out of a car to stop it BOOOO!

Ghosts go BOO! (except for the Grudge, who goes "U-k-k-g-g-g-k-k-g-g-g-h...." eek.gif ) ....BOOOOO!

Mods for the SR4 forum who refuse to play SR4....um? indifferent.gif (please don't hurt me!)

Okay, I think I've lost sight of the thread.

....boo.
Draconis
QUOTE (Eben McKay)

Mods for the SR4 forum who refuse to play SR4....um? indifferent.gif (please don't hurt me!)

Okay, I think I've lost sight of the thread.

....boo.

I think that as long as they can wield the manadatory Nerf baseball bats they can moderate the forums even if they're all backwards and stuff. biggrin.gif
Jaid
QUOTE (Eben McKay)
Vagueness in rulings as to what constitutes a dice bonus versus what constitutes a skill/attribute bonus, and the problem of which ones to apply toward the augmented maximum BOOOO!

actually, i thought this one at least was pretty clear...
eidolon
Since it was mentioned, being a mod has nothing to do with edition, favorite book, or knowledge thereof. We're not here to like everything about everything ever made for SR, we're here to moderate discussion forums. smile.gif
Draconis
QUOTE (eidolon)
Since it was mentioned, being a mod has nothing to do with edition, favorite book, or knowledge thereof. We're not here to like everything about everything ever made for SR, we're here to moderate discussion forums. smile.gif

So you're not really a sock puppet? Arrrggg first that easter bunny thing, now this....
My dreams have been crushed.
eidolon
<<eidolon to mother>>

<<mother, code in>>

<<alpha niner six six mike charlie one>>

<<go ahead eidolon>>

<<cover blown, going under>>

<<acknowledged eidolon under, proceed echo tree seven, good luck eidolon>>

<<echo tree seven roger, eidolon out>>
Zen Shooter01
The concealability rules. Boo.

Most characters are carrying more than one concealed item. If it was a threshold instead of a die pool modifier, one Perception test would do for all.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (knasser)
Dragon worshippers. Okay, not Fanpro's fault at all. I just get annoyed by people who go "Ooo Wonderful Lofwyr has initiate grade 86 he's sooo invinicible and green is such an attractive colour, I always thought." etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Lofwyr's gold. biggrin.gif
Konsaki
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Nov 7 2006, 12:36 AM)
The concealability rules. Boo.

Most characters are carrying more than one concealed item. If it was a threshold instead of a die pool modifier, one Perception test would do for all.

I think mintcar threw up a really good TN concealability table around 4-5 months ago.

Check it out.
Triggerz
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest)
You forgot to blame Steve Kesson and add your BBBBOOOOO!!!!!

I did not forget to add my "boo". I'm just the quiet, introverted, stuck-up and snobish type of asshole who doesn't particularly enjoy loud, primal noises. As for the role of Steve Kenson in this whole mess, I decided to avoid personal attacks on the development team just in case any of them is an IE, IA, GD, or some other scary acronym...

P.S. The game police is on its way to kick your ass, so if I were you, I would run. nyahnyah.gif
BookWyrm
QUOTE (maeel)
4th Vehicle stats/rules, especially acceleration & speed: BOOOOO!

Still unrealistic weapon and physiological impact model: BOOOOO!

No weapon and vehicle design rules: boo.

Maybe we'll see a "rigger 4" book.
Draconis
QUOTE (knasser)
Dragon worshippers. Okay, not Fanpro's fault at all. I just get annoyed by people who go "Ooo Wonderful Lofwyr has initiate grade 86 he's sooo invinicible and green is such an attractive colour, I always thought." etc. etc. ad nauseum.

But Lofwyr is soooo dreamy love.gif and he's gold not green. My character is green.

I'm just kidding. I mean everyone knows I have a thing for Hestaby. wink.gif
Draconis
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
QUOTE (maeel @ Nov 5 2006, 06:36 PM)
4th Vehicle stats/rules, especially acceleration & speed: BOOOOO!

Still unrealistic weapon and physiological impact model: BOOOOO!

No weapon and vehicle design rules: boo.

Maybe we'll see a "rigger 4" book.

Ya and then it'll have almost no pictures of the actual vehicles like Rigger 3 did. BOOOOOO!!!

Jaid
QUOTE (Draconis)
QUOTE (knasser)

But Lofwyr is soooo dreamy love.gif and he's gold not green. My character is green.

so what color is she? i mean, i would assume orange, given the nickname, but it could very well just be arbitrary. heck, maybe she's just the orange queen cause she's from california or something like that (or am i misremembering her alternate name?)
Draconis
QUOTE (Jaid @ Nov 6 2006, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (Draconis @ Nov 6 2006, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (knasser)

so what color is she? i mean, i would assume orange, given the nickname, but it could very well just be arbitrary. heck, maybe she's just the orange queen cause she's from california or something like that (or am i misremembering her alternate name?)

Dusty copper scales. Now go to sixth world wiki and do your homework. smile.gif I mean that in the nicest way of course, pretty good stuff there.
ChicagosFinest
QUOTE (Triggerz @ Nov 6 2006, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest @ Nov 5 2006, 10:47 AM)
You forgot to blame Steve Kesson and add your BBBBOOOOO!!!!!

I did not forget to add my "boo". I'm just the quiet, introverted, stuck-up and snobish type of asshole who doesn't particularly enjoy loud, primal noises. As for the role of Steve Kenson in this whole mess, I decided to avoid personal attacks on the development team just in case any of them is an IE, IA, GD, or some other scary acronym...

P.S. The game police is on its way to kick your ass, so if I were you, I would run. nyahnyah.gif

Well for starters I think I spelled his name wrong which gives you a hint on how serrious this thread is. I'm a big fan of Stevie (mutants and Masterminds and all of his plotlines/writing are pretty sic), the boo's are to let the developers and admins know its all fun and games (serriously who gets booed out these days?). I know they have a sense of humor read the thread.

This is not to be a personal attack on you but....

BBBBBOOOOO!!!!! on you for taking the thread with a introverted, stuck-up and snobish type of asshole mentality (if thats your sense of humor more power to you) on this thread when I put up a disclaimar at the start. Thank god the admins backed me up after I requested them to take it down. I thought it was a bad idea and it would only be used for evil but i proved myself wrong.

BBBBBOOOOO!!!! on stuck up gamers who use shadowrun for their evil plans of overall misery and gamer domination biggrin.gif nyahnyah.gif

I'm always on the run.... a Shadowrun (such an 8th grade comeback but its all I got).
eidolon
For the record, saying "this isn't a personal attack" and then carrying out a personal attack is not acceptable.
Black Jack Rackham
Fasa/Fanpro putting out books in other countries then not having the decency to translate them for us obsessive completionists: BOOOO

None of the other gamers of my youth becoming interested in Shadowrun so that my VERY first experience of it was months before 4th Ed. came out, and my loving it so much that I had to go immediately to damnable ebay and buy all the fucking books which cost shitloads, not to mention that thrice-damned 'Universal Brotherhood' which took forever for me even to find a copy of, and then of course I had to wait forever for it to....

Oh, ah, ahem... pardon me, just got off on a bit of a rant...

Anyway, Booooo! DROPBEARS RULE!

Mark
ChicagosFinest
QUOTE (eidolon)
For the record, saying "this isn't a personal attack" and then carrying out a personal attack is not acceptable.

My bad thanks for the warning I know my role and will shut my mouth
eidolon
QUOTE (Black Jack Rackham)
Fasa/Fanpro putting out books in other countries then not having the decency to translate them for us obsessive completionists: BOOOO

Shhhh!!! The lack of being fluent in German, Hungarian, and whatever else is saving me time, energy and money. smile.gif
mintcar
BBOOO! for never publishing Shadowrun's equivilent of Masks of Nyarlathotep or The Enemy Within. Why can't we have a globaly renowned epic campaign scenario, that's so awsome people start playing the game just to experience it?
Draconis
QUOTE (mintcar)
BBOOO! for never publishing Shadowrun's equivilent of Masks of Nyarlathotep or The Enemy Within. Why can't we have a globaly renowned epic campaign scenario, that's so awsome people start playing the game just to experience it?

If those are so renowned, how come I've never heard of them? nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (eidolon)
Shhhh!!! The lack of being fluent in German, Hungarian, and whatever else is saving me time, energy and money. smile.gif

Quiet sock puppet! That's enough outta you! biggrin.gif

BookWyrm
Because metaplots can suck.
Butterblume
QUOTE (eidolon)
Shhhh!!!  The lack of being fluent in German, Hungarian, and whatever else is saving me time, energy and money.  smile.gif

Damn, I just read in another thread even the french will publish a different version of our next german source/campaign book (SOX). How can I feel superior any longer?

I suggest a meeting: the french bring bread and garlic butter, the germans bring the beer and the americans provide the beef. MOOO!
fistandantilus4.0
Sweet, French I can read (more or less). German, not so much. NOw I jsut have to figure out how to get a hold of it. Grinder, feeling like ordering something for me? wink.gif
Ben
hey, since in SR the French-speaking part of Belgium has merged with what's left of France (minus SOX and Corsica), now the "French" can bring the beer too grinbig.gif
Kruniac
BOO! Street Magic for not going into more details about CREATING Free Spirits/Insect Shamans/etc.
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Grinder, feeling like ordering something for me? wink.gif

Should be no problem smile.gif (Send you a PM later today).
Grinder
QUOTE (Butterblume)
I suggest a meeting: the french bring bread and garlic butter, the germans bring the beer and the americans provide the beef. MOOO!

Meeting with the french: BOOOO!!!!

mintcar
QUOTE (Draconis)
QUOTE (mintcar @ Nov 6 2006, 06:50 PM)

If those are so renowned, how come I've never heard of them? nyahnyah.gif

Do you really want me to answer that? nyahnyah.gif
Triggerz
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest @ Nov 6 2006, 12:20 PM)
Well for starters I think I spelled his name wrong which gives you a hint on how serrious this thread is. I'm a big fan of Stevie (mutants and Masterminds and all of his plotlines/writing are pretty sic), the boo's are to let the developers and admins know its all fun and games (serriously who gets booed out these days?). I know they have a sense of humor read the thread.

BBBBBOOOOO!!!!! on you for taking the thread with a introverted, stuck-up and snobish type of asshole mentality (if thats your sense of humor more power to you) on this thread when I put up a disclaimar at the start. Thank god the admins backed me up after I requested them to take it down. I thought it was a bad idea and it would only be used for evil but i proved myself wrong.

BBBBBOOOOO!!!! on stuck up gamers who use shadowrun for their evil plans of overall misery and gamer domination  biggrin.gif  nyahnyah.gif

I'm always on the run.... a Shadowrun (such an 8th grade comeback but its all I got).

Hmmm... I think you took my post way too seriously. I am introverted, stuck-up and snobish in general and I do dislike loud, primal noises. But as I stated in my original post, I really enjoy what the developers did with the 4th edition. I wish them wealth, a long life and all...

And for the record, the way I say stuff is part of my sense of humour - call it neo-British if you want nyahnyah.gif -, which is often lost of some people who don't know me well. Your reply wasn't serious and my reply to your reply wasn't either. And I did not take the reply to my reply to your reply seriously either. (Lost yet? nyahnyah.gif) Anyways, all is fine in heaven and hell, and I'm sure we'll have a beer in one of the two (with all of the SR developers) at some point in the future.

@eidolon: No need to bite him in the ass. It was merely a small cultural misunderstanding. nyahnyah.gif

P.S. I try hard to limit my evil plans of overall misery and gamer domination to my own gaming group, so you need not worry. wink.gif

[EDIT: P.P.S. I blame all the times I've been misunderstood on Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Monty Python. nyahnyah.gif]
Ophis
American Beef!!!? BOOO! British Beef, the good stuff is the best in the world...

Sorry i'm a foodie. I'll let the Americans sort out the size of the steaks though.
Mistwalker
American and British Beef. BOOOO

Canadian Beef all the way
Konsaki
This might get too far off topic if this line of booing continues... BOOO!
Eben McKay
Mad Cow disease BOO!
Triggerz
The lack of stats for mad cows in SR4! BOOOO!!! wink.gif
Grinder
Inconsistency of Ghouls and HMHVV: BOOO!!!!
Draconis
QUOTE (Triggerz)
The lack of stats for mad cows in SR4! BOOOO!!! wink.gif

Don't you mean the lack of Hellcows in threats? biggrin.gif

ChicagosFinest
QUOTE (Triggerz)
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest @ Nov 6 2006, 12:20 PM)

BBBBBOOOOO!!!! on stuck up gamers who use shadowrun for their evil plans of overall misery and gamer domination  biggrin.gif  nyahnyah.gif

Hmmm... I think you took my post way too seriously. I am introverted, stuck-up and snobish in general and I do dislike loud, primal noises. But as I stated in my original post, I really enjoy what the developers did with the 4th edition. I wish them wealth, a long life and all...

And for the record, the way I say stuff is part of my sense of humour - call it neo-British if you want nyahnyah.gif -, which is often lost of some people who don't know me well. Your reply wasn't serious and my reply to your reply wasn't either. And I did not take the reply to my reply to your reply seriously either. (Lost yet? nyahnyah.gif) Anyways, all is fine in heaven and hell, and I'm sure we'll have a beer in one of the two (with all of the SR developers) at some point in the future.

@eidolon: No need to bite him in the ass. It was merely a small cultural misunderstanding. nyahnyah.gif

P.S. I try hard to limit my evil plans of overall misery and gamer domination to my own gaming group, so you need not worry. wink.gif

[EDIT: P.P.S. I blame all the times I've been misunderstood on Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Monty Python. nyahnyah.gif]

LOL!! Thats some funny shit now that I get it. More power to Europeans and their quirky sense of humor smile.gif
Butterblume
QUOTE (Ben)
hey, since in SR the French-speaking part of Belgium has merged with what's left of France (minus SOX and Corsica), now the "French" can bring the beer too  grinbig.gif

BOOO! Belgian Beer (and dutch beer, of course).
They do crazy stuff with this nectar of the goods there. Strawberry and banana beer is only the tip of the iceberg. The german purity law is a good thing (wow, in english that sounds religious instead of bureaucratic).

On topic: BOOO! to the SR4 rigger rules, which read as if someone wrote them on the way to work after a great party the day before.
Triggerz
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest)
LOL!! Thats some funny shit now that I get it. More power to Europeans and their quirky sense of humor smile.gif

Except that I'm not British or European. wink.gif I'm Canadian, which is probably just as weird. And a French Canadian, to make matters worse. spin.gif Ain't life grand?
ChicagosFinest
my fault again! I can't win with you eh? Canadians are cool dont let any americans claim that your rip offs of us southerners. Hell I'm thinking about movieng there is the govenrment keeps going like it does. biggrin.gif

BTW BBBBOOOOO!!!!! for toronto being in the UCAS
Grinder
QUOTE (Butterblume)
The german purity law is a good thing (wow, in english that sounds religious instead of bureaucratic).

love.gif True spoken, Brother. love.gif
mintcar
All beer is good beer, and Belgium has some great ones. Better yet they really know beer there, I mean all kinds of beer. When I lived in Cork for a while I frequented a Belgian pub and they had several thousand brands from all over the world, just none of the big ones nyahnyah.gif. And it wasn't just any brands, just quality stuff and everything you tried was an interesting new taste. Speaking of Cork... Irish stout, mmmmmmmmm. But German beer is rock solid, for sure. I wouldn't mind them bringing it.

When it comes to the beef, though, I really like to keep it local. Swedish cows tastes best smile.gif

Could this be more off topic?

(ps. Americans could bring beer too, but only if they bring Samuel Adams or something else that's not Bud, or.. bring the Bud too. Christ I'm hankering for a beer now smile.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012