Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miami Vice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah I'm stoked about getting my hands on that new ARSE too.....

With my wife's permission of course..... Hi honey! embarrassed.gif
Grinder
rotfl.gif

Don't know why we couldn't find a better apprevation for the book. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Because there is no better abbreviation than ARSE!
Grinder
Sure. We all know that. biggrin.gif
Lady Door
Okay people... I've thrown up the IC thread for MV. Let's get going. I want to have everyone introduced by tomorrow but that means I need character sheets.
So far, I have char. sheets from Fist3.0 and Grinder & Callidus
(Message me if I missed you. Sorry. smile.gif)

Lady Door
Hey Callidus... ya gotta name your dad's restaraunt. smile.gif
Grinder
You know that Sunny is not the best negotiator in the world?
Lady Door
Yes... well.. this out to be fun then. smile.gif (Well, unless the guy does kill the woman.. that would be sad.)
fistandantilus4.0
Haven't you seen 5th Element?

"Anyone else wanna negotiate?"
Grinder
I have. But it's maybe not the best way to deal with the situation. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Of course it is! Don't go talkin' crazy now!
Grinder
wobble.gif rotate.gif twirl.gif

grinbig.gif
Tashio
Better late than never.

Neit Char Sheet

[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
Tashio ~

Updated my post to include the corrected name of your fixer. smile.gif
Meriss
OK Folks Plan B says you need one more so here he is "Clean Charlie" Charles Whitmore. WARNING LONG POST!

[ Spoiler ]

There we are.
fistandantilus4.0
stats?

Oh yeah, if you or Tashio has a post on page 1, it would be easier to keep track of characters if you edited in the sheet there.
fistandantilus4.0
NM, neither of you have posts on pg 1
fistandantilus4.0
PLan B : Do I knwo anything aobut this "Pietro Gambione" trial?
Meriss
Like I said in NO thread fist my home comp hates me. I can't work on Charlie till Monday, sorry. Although if I have some time tommorrow I'll try and post the gear list. (It's mostly notes in my head thou) Also something, you folks should know I don't have my book yet so I may ask silly or Newbish questions. (cash is tight ATM)
Lady Door
Completely understand, Meriss. I'm still a bit of a newbie myself. (I'll have to be reading the tech portion of the book while I run it.) smile.gif Monday is fine, we're not on a timetable...
smile.gif
Meriss
Plan B have you tried Aaron's hacker/cheat cards? They might be a help. I'll find the link tommorrow, I'm tired. It after local midnight so I'm for bed.
Lady Door
ALERT: The following news article(s) fit your specified criteria:

The Miami Herald
Special Edition

April 23, 2070
By: Amanda Cartwright

Notorious crime boss, Pietro Gambione was arrested today on suspicion of federal drug trafficking, extortion and tax evasion charges. His surprise arrest came at the end of a year long FBI investigation begun in March of last year. An investigation, sources say, that was instigated by information procured from an informant within the Gambione family.
Federal investigators have keep the informant's identity a closely guarded secret and many speculate that the informant is still active within the Gambione family's alleged criminal enterprises.
For more information on this and many other breaking news reports, please log on to the Miami Herald's dedicated LTG.

"When News Hits Hard, We Hit Back"
fistandantilus4.0
Meriss, I'd suggest just posting IC as much as possible, get Charlie in to the meet. Stats can come second to good RP. No prob on questions man, we've got no problem helping. As for Path of the Wheel, I'll put something together for you. Soka? biggrin.gif
Meriss
Soka chummer. It's for Maeve so it can wait, nighty night.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fastball)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Apr 27 2007, 08:25 PM)
Which part of California?

Originally from Southern California, currently in Sacramento. You?

We're right up in Red Bluff, Lemme know if you're ever up for a face to face game man. Sometimes it's worth the drive.
Meriss
Ok Boss lady here's Charlie's Gear

[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
Thank you for the gear list. smile.gif As far as the questionai(how in the hell do you spell it?)aire goes, if you want to that would be awesome and I will give you CSP's for it.
Also, for everyone: we might not be around as much today. Ben's (F3.0) dad had to be airlifted to the hospital with a possible stroke... so, much of the hospitalness today.
fistandantilus4.0
Program suggestions:
First, if you're a hacker
-Top listing Exploit and Stealth Programs. Those are your most important
-Follow that up with Anylyze and Decrypt if you plan on doing any hacking
-Sniffer is good for sigging up dirt
-Browse a must for data mining

Over all
-Some sort of IC, even if it's low grade
-an Agent w/ Browse, Analyze, and Decrypt can be great
-Encryption program for your comm
-Top Shelf OSs are cheap. Get one, and buy a firewall upgrade if you can

A spare bottom shelf comm w/ a good OS in Private or Public mode can make a good blind for your more important Commlink in Hidden mode. Link the two up, then hide the link through a hidden file ,and encrypt it. They can find it with a good Analyze, or a very good scan, but if they find the dummy link, most people won't look around for more. Just keep a lot of "bait" data on it.

Wow.... ok I don't know why I haven't done this with my character.

So Cash goes out to get a new commlink...

Maybe after we get some up front pay on the run that is.
Grinder
Plan B, how much will you dive into the whole Wireless Matrix thing?
Lady Door
I'm game for whatever my players are up for. I generally have a lot of AR interaction in places like clubs, city streets, etc. but so far I haven't really run anything that was Matrix heavy... so...
Grinder
I'm not really familiar with all the possibilities AR and commlinks offer, so I would like to avoid stuff like programs for Sunny.
Lady Door
Not a problem. I may occasionally mention security upgrades to commlink OS's but that's it. smile.gif
Grinder
That's cool. smile.gif
Lady Door
@ Neit:

Client Information
Client: Mrs. Vanessa Hamilton
Assignment: Surveillance Op. Track Mr. Gregory Hamilton, spouse of Vanessa Hamilton for a period of no less then 96 hours. Video and photo proof of any infidelities requested. Video and photo evidence must be of high quality. Evidence will be used for the purposes of a divorce court proceedings.
Method of Report: Photo and Video.
Payment: nuyen.gif 1,000
Meriss
OK My first IC Yay me. My niece was over this afternoon (I tell ya I love that kid but she's nothing but a {Chaotic Cute} Floor Goblin) so thats why I'm off sched. Plan B, fist anything I don't have a cost beside in my gear list I don't know the cost of, could one of you PM me costs for my gear so I can finish my sheet tomorrow. Also could you include stats, that way I don't have to keep asking. Plan B, Baker is my fixer he's C: 4, L: 3 if I remember correctly. I'll correct tomorrow if I'm wrong.
Lady Door
Got it... sorry I didn't intro you like I did everyone else. Hope you didn't mind that you had to do it yourself. I'm a bad GM. frown.gif Anyway, I'll work on the gear lists and whatnot later on tonight if you don't mind and get that over to you.
Meriss
QUOTE (Plan B @ Apr 29 2007, 08:08 PM)
Got it... sorry I didn't intro you like I did everyone else. Hope you didn't mind that you had to do it yourself. I'm a bad GM. frown.gif Anyway, I'll work on the gear lists and whatnot later on tonight if you don't mind and get that over to you.

No big, I don't mind. What am I rolling for the 'Trix search? Also I'm PMing you Raves gear for the Cape Town Game. Same thing for him please.
Lady Door
Sorry.. should have listed that: Roll Data Search and if you don't have that default to Logic - 1.
... and post your stats when you get them. smile.gif

fistandantilus4.0
Soooo.... anyone seen Fastball? Kinda need him to move this along.
Redjack
One thing that always puzzled me about software programs. Your dice pool is program level + skill level instead of attribute level + skill level, so isn't your default program level - 1?
Meriss
QUOTE (Plan B)
Sorry.. should have listed that: Roll Data Search and if you don't have that default to Logic - 1.
... and post your stats when you get them. smile.gif

And that is .... Data search skill yes?
Fist I'm fairly sure Fastball is a she (I may be wrong, Sorry Fastball)
@Plan B Will do. Tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
Lady Door
Yes, Data Search is an active skill, part of the Electronics Skill Group. Tomorrow is fine for the char. sheet. smile.gif
Meriss
Gotcha. Sorry frown.gif
Meriss
Fist is your Pops OK?
fistandantilus4.0

Oh, my Dad. Yeah, he's alright. Over night for observation, no real damage. Just a scare. Otherwise I woulnd't be so merrily posting. Thank you for asking.
Meriss
NP Fist. Stroke can be rough, even a scare. Glad he's OK. Best wishes from Canuckistan.

@Plan B: Hate to Be a pain but how many csp for questionaire? cool.gif
And as Promised (almost forgot, call me on these if I do forget) Aaron's link
Lady Door
OOh right. 5 CSP's for the questionaire.
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Oh, my Dad. Yeah, he's alright. Over night for observation, no real damage. Just a scare. Otherwise I woulnd't be so merrily posting. Thank you for asking.

I'm just back from work and you know what had happened there? One of the guys living there collapsed early in the morning and was brought to hospital with suspicion of a stroke. Strange.

Good to hear that your father's getting better, though. smile.gif
Grinder
The cops want to be bribed? Damn, that was too easy. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah, believe me, I'm gald too man. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012